South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 03:59 AM   #1  
RNMOM

Default Monday Morning Chat!

Hi ladies, hope you are up and busy eating yummy good for you foods! Great way to start the week.

I survived my weekend in the ER.....whew. There were a few things I could have done without.....but I'm done for a few days now. I got home after my 12 hour shift yesterday, changed my clothes and went back to the hospital to work in there weight room I also did the treadmill for about 30 minutes Anyway, I felt great about that. The rush of running started coming back to me.......the rush I felt yesterday has turned into entirely something else today.

I have behaved on day 8 of phase one 3peat. Lost a total of 5 pounds for the week. Once again day 3-5 were an endurance test. This week I hope to do more exercising and drink MORE water.

Anyway, as tired as I am after working two 12's in a row, I couldn't get to sleep well and then woke up at 0300, that was it for the night. Did I come home and crash after working a 13 hour day today? NO, it's now 0200 Monday morning and here I sit. I have been typing quietly so I don't wake ya'll

Sounds like the ones that checked in had a quiet weekend. Hope it was great for all of you. We're enjoying snow right now.

What's going on in your part of the planet?
Old 01-17-2005, 05:07 AM   #2  

RNMOM ~ sounds like you are right on track! Working in an ER would be gruelling, hope you get some rest.

Well in our part of the planet we had a pretty great day. Yesterdays trip into the city was wonderful. We had a great play at the art gallery and then a huge walk around the city. I grabbed a great pilates dvd and also a yoga one. We were going to tale my daughter to a japanese restaurant for dinner but they were closed. So were bused it home, had a cool bath and then decided to get some sushi takeaway. Unfortunately. the dumplings contained spinach and I am allergic to it.. my face swells and I find it hard to breath. But we didn't realise until I had eaten 4! Lets just say there was lots of vomiting involved..sorry too much info. The night ended well though, I had no reaction.

Today I was prety tired, my little one had a restless night. So I just got stuck into the cleaning and also made a whopping pot of vegie soup and enough fritatas to last the week. Managed to fit in an hour of pilates as well. We also made the ziplock icecream. But we used light coconut milk and added some cocoa. Tasted pretty good and was excellent fun. We did the icecream dance around the house, while we were shaking the tupperware container!

I am off to read my little chi chi to sleep... Dr Seuss here I come.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:22 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Monday morning, RNMOM, and good evening to you, Artemis.

Today is Gail day so I am in my usual tidy up mode. Would you believe the tree is down but there are still bunches of branches in the living room? Darn artificial trees shed as much as the real ones so Gail will have her work cut out for her this morning. The treadmill is still in its box in the diningroom although I did get the box open.

We go to the Footcare Clinic this afternoon. One of the joys of being diabetic is free pedicures! I can't seem to persuade Darlene the Nurse to put nail polish on for me though.

Not much else happening in this little section of Eastern Ontario.

Would somebody please tell me what to cook for dinner. I'm out of ideas but a coffee or two may help that.

Have a great day, chickies.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:34 AM   #4  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

RN, I think you're just wound too tight and can't relax, you poor dear. Sure hope you can get some rest today.

Artemis, sounds like a wonderful day with your family. I adore sushi and spinach. The ice cream sounds heavenly. I'm really "into" coconut milk.

Had a pretty nice weekend. Friday night was our anniversary. I had the lemon rosemary chicken. Tried to avoid the pasta and concentrate on the meat and veggies. I did indulge in some calamari and some of that yummy bread with the olive oil, though. We got a free show with dinner. The first act was someone tossing their pasta at the maitre d's stand while we waited for our table. The next act was two waiters colliding in front of us. A woman at the table in front of us got a plateful of spaghetti down her back and a steak knife neatly tucked between her butt and the chair . The finale was when one of the servers knocked a bottle of wine to the floor and it baptized a woman's feet.

Saturday I rejoined my writers group. I haven't been since last spring. It was nice to see the old familiar faces, plus a bunch of new ones. Each year, we have this big nationally recognized contest called "The Maggie". I'm entering this year, so wish me luck! Many, many winners go on to be published.

Yesterday I got an easel for my triloom and some new shoesies

I'm a little bummed about the scale, though. I seem to be "stuck" bouncing between 191 and 189. Seems no matter what I do, unless I cut my carbs to ZERO I don't lose at all...even with the 5 days a week exercise. I think I'm going to make an appointment with the doc and see what he can recommend.

Well, gotta go make my protein drink and throw my lunch together.

Hope everyone has a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 01-17-2005, 06:38 AM   #5  

Good Morning Chickies!

My dogs decided that even thought it is MLK, Jr. Day here and we do not have school it IS Monday and time to get up! I have them up and fed and pottied and maybe I will get to crawl back into bed here in a minute. My nephews had no babysitter so they will be here in a few hours to spend most of the day here. I don't mind watching them, but it was a little last minute. At least I am available to help out. They are 6 and 8, and pretty well behaved most of the time.

I really need to focus on drinking my water. I haven't been doing such a good job of it this weekend. I will try to play the water game more!

Yesterday DH and I spent a really nice day together. We went out and looked at furniture for our "someday" shopping, bought a new TV for the living room, came home and stained a desk that we are going to have the TV on, did a little grocery shopping, and watched my favorite show. We have done a bit of re-arranging of the house and cleaning this weekend. It feels good to get some things done!

Ok, well, off to check those dogs then I am going to lay down for a little while longer while I can! Everyone have a great OP Morning!

Nally
Old 01-17-2005, 07:34 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks was not around much over the week end. Busy with dance on sat and the sunday I started a dance class, I will be dancing with the teachers this year, if I can get the hang of the steps. They are more advanced than 3/5 year olds. I also start my new competition class tonight. Depending on the storm. It is snowing and blowing like crazy. Well I have to go I will try to come back later and check in. I have the baby today so alot will depend on him. Love to ya all.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

t's looking like winter here, finally. We have a coating of snow with more due later in the week. I hope the forcast is right, the kids and I are eagerly anticipating getting out the sleds and making a snowman! I haven't been around much lately, just been feeling "blue" and depressed. No real reason for it, but I didn't want to drag you all down with me. I'd sure feel better if I started losing some lbs. I've been eating and drinking right and working out, but nothing is happenng. All I want to do is pig out on comfort food, but I promise I won't. On the plus side, we had a great time this weekend, our DD came over with the kids on Saturday, and we had a full house with people stopping in to see the new baby. The baby is adorable, and DD is feeling great and getting back into her routine again. Yesterday Jake and I went shopping and bought a lot of clear plastic storage bins. We went through all our Christmas stuff and organized it, and are slowly going through all our closets. It's a good way to get rid of a lot of things we've been holding on to, and we're even finding things we forgot we had. He has off this week, so we should be able to get a lot of odd jobs done around the house. Well, he just got out of the shower so I'm going to go and fix some eggs for breakfast. See you later, and have a good day!
Old 01-17-2005, 08:05 AM   #8  
Trapped Skinny Person

Just a quick drive through.

Went to look at an on-sale treadmill this weekend - but it doesn't look real sturdy. And the good ones cost at least $1000 Not something I am going to be able to afford right now. I really really want a treadmill though. Made myself do 5 mins on the bike last night - it's a start I guess.

Weight is in a holding pattern. Made oatmeal - real oatmeal for the first time this morn - umm is it supposed to taste so bland? Blech! I had to add splenda and vanilla. Maybe I will get used to it - my Mom used to make real oatmeal not the instant kind when we were kids but we always put brown sugar on it.

Well have a good one all.

Kim
Old 01-17-2005, 08:23 AM   #9  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Morning all;
Not much going on today. Have a theripest apt. in about 1/2 hour, than after that going to gym. I ate this weekend. Ate at the same resturant both sat & sun. Had the same atkins dish. As they say "too much of the good for you food". The scale didn't like it. So, today more in control of my portions. They had run out of the atkins cheesecake, so they subsistuded it with a brownie with choc. & ice cream. Just plain junk, so darling son-in-law ate it for me. Didn't have one bite. Will be working on water also this week. Want that scale to go down..down..down. Since DS has today off and DH has to work part day. Will try to get some cleaning done. Laundry is a must.
Everyone have a great day. Stay warm and cozy.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:39 AM   #10  

Good morning!

This weekend was very challenging for me! My loving boyfriend, who is trying to support me on the SBD, doesn't seem to realize that it's driving me nuts when he has chinese take out for dinner. Yes, I was good and ate my spahgetti squash with lf alfredo and portabellas, but that Crab Rangoon was calling my name! He is one of those people we love to hate. I call him the python b/c he eats whatever/whenever he wants and still maintains his weight. He doesn't even need to work out. I see some cake and you may as well just rub it on my hips and thighs, cuz that's where it's going!

Anyway, I was good and didn't stray with all the temptations. Sunday, I went to visit my parents and made my mom and I an awesome greek salad with lf feta, tomatoes, romain, cucumber, red onion, red peppers and balsamic vinegarette. She is diabetic and is cutting her carbs, but won't commit to SB. Any advice to give her for why she should seriously think about considering this lifestyle?

Also, I just finished my first week of SB and only was able to drag my weary butt to the gym 3 times. Plus, I was only able to do 1/2 of my usuall workout. Will I regain my endurance and energy soon? I'm going to work out this afternoon and I'm hoping I will have more energy! (i'm playing hooky today b/c it's only 2* out and I couldn't bare getting out of my warm bed!!!!)

Hope everyone drinks their water and has a great start to the week!
Old 01-17-2005, 09:44 AM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

RNMom, what a weekend! So great that you got back in the gym after such a long day! I love that rush, too! I missed the gym this morning, just couldn't lug myself out of bed.

Artemis, what a mess about those dumplings! So glad you are okay. Love the ice cream dance and that you are reading to your daughter. Reading aloud is one of the best things you can do for your kids! Don't forget to tell her the names of the author and illustrator, and run your finger under the words as you read so she gets that words and print are the same!

Ruth, the footcare clinic sounds nice! My poor mom doesn't get that, and I know she'd love it! Stay warm...it's terrible out there today! How about chili or broc/cheese soup tonight? It's gonna be a cold one! We're having chicken with ham and swiss melted on top (fake cordon bleu) and a cauliflower casserole (fake hashbrown casserole).

Mama, what a crazy night at the restaurant! So glad you had a good time anyway! Happy Anniversary! How many years? Glad you're seeing the doctor...you don't want to go down to no carbs!

Nally, those dogs are pampered! Have fun with your nephews!

Hey, LC...I thought you were slowing down now that your second job ended! Guess you are like Ruth...nothing slows you down! Have fun with that dancing. Whose baby do you have today?

Cottage, don't worry about dragging us down, okay? That's what we're here for, darling, to help boost you up! So glad you had a good weekend...must have been so much fun with the baby! I feel your pain about the scale not moving...I've been bouncing around four pounds like crazy. I think I need to bite the bullet and hop back onto Phase 1 for a week, but everytime I decide I'm going to do it, my weight goes down to the lowest number.

Kim, try the oatmeal with some SF preserves in it, or with nuts and dried fruit, but definitely with splenda and/or SF syrup! You might even try a little SF Maple Syrup. Yum!

Chipper, GOOD FOR YOU on resisting that brownie!!! That's great!!! Did you eat at Friday's? I was wondering if that 3-course meal deal works with the Atkins items... I'm not sure I could eat an appetizer and dessert, but if DH helped...

Me:
I'm really a bit in the dumps. Not sure why, but just feeling run down and needing some time to recoup. But the school term just started and things are only going to get busier from here! The house is still a mess, and most of it is mine. I have stuff all over our bedroom to clean up!

I didn't go to the gym this morning and I'm really dissapointed with myself. I think I'm going to have to resort to asking DH to go with me and make sure I get up and go!

Did stay OP all weekend, but was craving and ate more than usual. DH got an ice-cream maker for Christmas, so we made SF lowfat Hazelnut Cheesecake ice cream. I made OP hot fudge sauce to go on it. The sauce was kind of runny, but I was out of arrowroot, so I used a little cornstarch. It eventually thickened up.

Have a great day and stay warm, chickies!!!
Old 01-17-2005, 09:48 AM   #12  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Morning Everyone~

Will come back later & catch up on all that's been posted. I have to run. Just wanted to check in. I for one stayed OP all weekend! I have 'officially' lost 4lbs. WOOHOO!
Have a WONDERFUL OP Day!! Will post again later.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:51 AM   #13  
I can do this!

Heidi, we posted at the same time!

I'm with you on your mom, mine is in the same situation. She's not allowed to have more than 30 carbs per meal, which is not much. She says things like, "I'm not allowed to have fruit/carrots/flaxseed because it has too many carbs." ACK! No healthy food because of the number of carbs? She is really set on this, but she eats tons of stuff that she shouldn't have. When I call her on it, she always has an excuse about why she's eating it and tells me that she doesn't usually eat that way. Meanwhile, she hasn't lost much, if any, weight since she was diagnosed with Type II. I think that she feels deprived on her diet (who wouldn't!) and that SBD would give her lots to eat that she likes and she would be more likely to stay OP! I'm trying to convince her but it's been hard going. I just worry about her so much! I hope things work out with your mom!!!
Old 01-17-2005, 09:55 AM   #14  

Thanks Laurie!!!

It's hard to watch them eat what they shouldn't b/c we love them soooo much. It's comforting to know that someone else has this situation as well. She does try to eat healthy and is a fruit lover. She is German and my Father is Italian and they eat bread like it was going out of style. That will be the biggest challenge. I try to go there every weekend and make them one SBD meal so they can see first hand how satisfying the food really is! She couldn't believe I ate "fettucini alfredo" and it was lf and good!

Anyway, thank you so much!
Old 01-17-2005, 09:57 AM   #15  
I can do this!

Amb_lyn, congrats on the 4 pounds!!!
Closed Thread