Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 01:45 PM   #1  

Default Do you ever get tired of food?

Lately I am just sick of eating. Maybe I'm bored with making sure I make healthy food choices.

I tend to use my Sundays to plan my meals for the week. But for the past couple of weeks, by Friday, I am just sick of thinking/planning/watching...and I just don't feel like eating, even if I am hungry.

Take this week for instance. On Sunday I made an egg beater/ham/potato concoction (I got it from the BFL recipe book) that should last me for 4 days. I bake it, put into containers to take to work and there's no muss or fuss for my breakfast during the week. I had been doing this successfully for the last 2 weeks. But by Tuesday of this week, I couldn't even finish it. In fact, I am so sick of it that the other portions I have ready at home will probably go to the dogs.

So now I am without a breakfast plan - and quite honestly, I can't even think of anything I want to eat. Food just doesn't interest me anymore.

And it's doubly hard to think of anything that tastes good, is healthy AND packable.

Grrrrr.

I was just hoping some of you felt this way too and knew of a way to knock me out of my food-hating rut.

Lisa
Old 08-25-2004, 03:40 PM   #2  
Princess In Training

That happens to me all the time!!!

The trick I've found is either to make 1/2 the recipe (when possible) or put single serving portions in containers and freeze them. Then I'm not eating the same meal 4 days in a row.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:39 PM   #3  
singletrack chick

i enjoy food and cooking so much that i could never be sick of it i dont think. i have a hard time giving people advice about this because i love to cook so much. i wake up early just to be able to cook breakfast and lunch everyday. my only advice is, it has to be fun. you dont want something as wonderful as eating to be a chore. make breakfast easy for a few days. are you on any kind of special diet. i eat a lot of yogurt and cottage cheese with fruit in the morning if im in a hury.

also, i have one of my fav breakfasts on the go.

one sarah lee mini bagel 70 cal
one morning star breakfast pattie (veggie sausage) 80 cal.
one slice of kraft fat free singles 35 cal.

cook that in the microwave for about a minute and you are done. its my treat if i ever crave something so gross as mc donalds breakfast sandwiches and at 185 calories you cant turn it down. add some fruit and you've got a complete breakfast that takes 3 minutes start to finish.

now ive rambled on too much. i just hate to see someone in food distress.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:54 PM   #4  

I know I am late to the game on this thread but when I found it I just had to comment. I am so glad to know that I am not the only one this happens to. I also usually love to cook but sometimes nothing appeals to me - even if I'm hungry. It isn't even a matter of not wanting something healthy. The idea of junk or fast food won't be appealing either. So strange. But, it happens so I usually just force myself to have something even if it is just a small snack. Otherwise, after a few hours the feeling will have passed and I'll be famished and much more likely to just mindlessly stuff things in my mouth.
I think that part of my problem is being at home with three small children. There are days that I feel like all I do from the time I get up is cook, clean the kitchen, cook, clean the kitchen. And then sometimes it is that what I REALLY want to do isn't an option (like take a nap) but the desire to do it is so overwhelming that nothing else, even eating, seems satisfying. Maybe it is like exercising - if you do too much of the same thing you are bound to have days when you just want to give it up for the time being even though you know pushing yourself is the best thing to do.
I'll get the same "block" sometimes when I am trying to plan our meals for the week and make a grocery list. Just can't think or find anything that I feel like doing. What really makes me crazy is that I'll ask the 4 our people in our family what they would like for the week and the only answer I ever get is, "whatever." ARGHHH!
Old 01-16-2005, 02:32 PM   #5  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

It happens to me, too, but not with breakfasts. I will freeze my own "lean cuisines", and pasta & other things, too. Like chili. And meatballs. Otherwise I eat so much of it, I never want to eat it again.

For breakfasts I trade off on instant oatmeal or granola bars & some fruit. It gets boring, but if I want something else, I have to wake up earlier & no one wants that.
Closed Thread