Old 01-15-2005, 07:26 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Smile Weekend Chat - January 15th and 16th

Good Morning

I'm off to read up and then I'll be back, whats everyone doing today ?

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 07:37 AM   #2  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Morning Leenie!!!

I'm sitting here at 5:30 trying to decide whether to go back to bed for another hour or just wait for the coffee to finish brewing and get busy with life!

Wonder if Lindy will be making her arrival today???????
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 09:55 AM   #3  
The Princess O' Pets

Lindy Lindy where are you???? We can't wait to meet you!!

I am so dang excited about the baby coming and to see some cutie pie pictures too. I was just looking at my babies 3 and 5 yrs old and it makes me sad cause I miss those little babies, but then again I like to sleep at night!! ahahahahahaha

Hi Leenie and Sped.

I am getting up and on with the day, I have tons of house cleaning to do. We are having freezing rain so I guess that is a good time to do stuff since i probably will be inside for awhile. ALSO....I stayed OP on a Friday night for the first time since OCTOBER!!!! OMG I am so dang proud of myself, I was fight ing off some HEAVY cravings too! Yippeeeee I am so happy! NOw for Saturday and Sunday that is the true test, my birthday weekend and DH will be home to!! I always have sucha rough time when he is home.

Have a great weekend!

Love Tg

Last edited by Theo'sgirl; 01-15-2005 at 10:03 AM.
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 10:03 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning Leenie, Paula, TG and all to come

Brenda~ dont get yourself down.....your doing fabulous!!! and you look wonderful!! Besides, dont look at cheese cake as a cheat, but one of women's basic needs!! Kinda like chocolate!

Its a cold and clear day here today...dh is going to freeze. Ive never met anyone thats hated the cold as much as him! Depending on how I feel, I might get out and walk today. I managed to get a 2 mile walk in yesterday But I have this sore throat happening that has been coming off and on for about 4 days, my system seems to be fighting it, but seems to be slowing loosing. Ive had my green tea already today...I'll have some black currant later, and I'll see if there is any blueberry tea (made with real blueberries) at the gourmet shop. Hopefully I can lick this before it turns into what ever its thinking about turning into.

We didnt get to the IMAX yesterday, and I dont think its going to happen today either, we have to take dh's grandkids to their bowling leage today. They bowl with bumpers on the alleys....lol pretty cute to watch. They are only 6 & 7.

I hope everyone has a good Saturday!

Robin

Last edited by RobinH; 01-15-2005 at 10:05 AM.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 10:27 AM   #5  
The Princess O' Pets

B- remember what you told me yesterday, just jump back on today!!!! I know you can do it girl!!!

Last edited by Theo'sgirl; 01-15-2005 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:38 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Enjoy your reading. I'm going to my moms for a while and then going to get some cheese. lol Braving the cold weather

Paula: At that hour? I'd vote for going back to bed Enjoy your day!

TG: Congrats with staying OP!!! I'm proud of you!! Wish I could say the same for myself. I need to learn self control (DH said "let's have take-out..and instead of ordering steak and veggies I got shrimp and fries...and dessert). BLAH!!! I'll take your advice and just go on from here. TO OZ!!!

Robin: Hope you start to feel better soon. I heard a TSP of honey helps sore throats. Probably high in carbs but would help? And thanks for the compliments. It's VERY much appreciated.

Well, after the stupid carbs I ate yesterday I've staggered out of bed (tired) this morning and hopped on the scale. As it's been this past week, it's a pound over what my siggie says. So when I have more time I have to re-adjust that. GRRR. I took my measurements and they're actually pretty cool. I've only gained 1/2 inch everywhere from October to now. Muscle? OMG!!! Speaking of muscle.....I was looking at my arm last night and couldn't figure out what was different. OMG I'VE GOT MUSCLES IN MY BICEPS!!! And droopy drawers underneath is going away!! WOOHOO!!!! Now if only the problem areas (hips to inner thighs) would shapen up I'd be happier!!! But I'll take this for now and worry about that next time I work out and see them flapping
Have a great weekend everyone!!

PS: Where's the baby?? *looks around* She here yet???
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 12:18 PM   #7  
The Princess O' Pets

B- anytime we want to go off plan I think we should just sing **singing** "we're off to see the wizard the wonderful wizard of OZ" He is gonna give us new bodies!! ahahahahahahaha
Old 01-15-2005, 03:32 PM   #8  
Baby Steps

TG: So we sing when we get back ON plan or when we get OFF the plan? And is he giving us a good body (OP) or a bad body (off program)??? I'm confused
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 04:15 PM   #9  
on my way down again

Hi All, I'm anxiously awaiting this darling baby's arrival too. Hurry Hurry!

Hi Leenie Hope all is well with you and that you have a great weekend.
Hi Spedmom, Wow! You beat me out of bed this morning. Have a great day.
Hi Theo's Girl, Congrats on fighting off the cravings. haha I'd be singing that song all the time...better yet, I should sing it when I THINK I want to go OFF PLAN. ..my poor DH and neighbor lady.
Hi Robin, I hope your sore throat goes away. Keep your throat warm and hope the tea worked.
Hi Brenda, You sound like you are back to OP. :clap: I'm struggling, so I'm looking at the good liitle things I'm doing and paying attention to the foods I turn down when I think of having them. I'm working on portion control for the first time.

Now that I read the Valentine's Day Challenge thread, I can see I'm not the only one who has been away from the computer for a little while and not able to post. I miis 3FC. com when I cna't be here. Just a lot of things going on have me away from home more than usual. I've gained two pounds after yesterday's lunch out. I did well, but used regular dressing, and then had a soft serve ice cream cone, but still not the entire half gallon I would normally buy and bring home. So I'll stay positive and say portion control was used for a change.

I'm also aware I have NOT ate doughnuts three times this week. A Subway sandwich opened up a couple miles from us down on the highway, in the middle of nowhere...to taunt me? They also make DOUGHNUTS!!! So only once I caved not with a doughnut, but a pastrami and cheese sandwich on whole wheat instead. It may sound like I cheated, but if you know me and doughnuts from my past, I did great. Doughnuts are my worst food and I can never have them again.

Talk to you all later, Sonnet

Last edited by Sonnet; 01-15-2005 at 04:17 PM.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 07:03 PM   #10  
The Princess O' Pets

Oh yeah we are singing the song when we feel like going of plan to remind us we should be "following the Yellow brick road to Atkinsville" no eating bad stuff. So now subconciuosly (sp) the song will just pop into our minds when we want to cheat, we are Dorothy , tin man, scarecrow, etc and the bad food is the Wicked Witch!!! Dr Atkins must have been the great and powerful OZ!!! ahahahahahahaah I am cracking myself up today!
Old 01-16-2005, 08:32 AM   #11  
Mom, Queen of Everything

TGirl -- you're cracking everyone else up too!
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 10:09 AM   #12  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Sonnet~you have donut issues the way I have Coke Classic issues. I havent had a coke classic (in bottle or can) for over 8 yrs!! Its like a drug for me and I get hooked on that first sip......so if they plant a Krispy Kreme next to that subway, we'll all come help you pack and move!!

So how is everyone making out this weekend? Im doing ok, but eating too much cheese I think. Im averaging 3.5 oz a day....and I weigh in tomorrow I dont feel thinner and Im afraid to get on the scale. I hate when it doesnt go down, and Ive been working so hard. Well, not so hard, I havent been exercising much at all.

Well the tea didnt work yesterday...my throat is worse today than yesterday, had a fitful nights sleep. But I was up at 7am for some reason and Im rarin to go. This should last till about noon, and I'll be ready for bed.

I went out looking for lc or sugar free throat lozenges last night. I know halls has a sugar free candy, but I cant find it. What have you ladies found, and where did you find it?

Well, its off to starbucks, and the sunday paper....have a great day everyone!

Robin
Old 01-16-2005, 10:30 AM   #13  
The Princess O' Pets

Robin- try some Airborne go to the drug store (I know Walgreens has it) you put the tablet in some water and it will take away your cold, it is a ntural product made by a school teacher who was sick of getting sick all the time, it works great!

AAAAAHHHHHH Krisy Kreme I have a SERIOUS addiction!!!

I did good yesterday and that is the first Saturday since October I have been OP!!!! Yeah me!!! We have had freezing rain an are under about an inch of ice right now, needless to say the house is really clean since I have been stuck in the house and there is nothing else to do!! ahahahahahaha I think I am gonna relax and watch some movies today, I have tomorrow off to for MLK day but it is cool cause it is my Bday and I get paid for it even though I don't go in!! So awesome! Last night I found one of my favorite movies on Pay per view, Harold and Maude, I watched it and I loved it so much, dang I have always loved that movie and book.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:36 AM   #14  

I am really feeling Atkin-ese these days. Yesterday while my knitting group was here, having a great time, I focused on the knitting and company and less on the food. I did have lunch with everyone, but choose the spicy cashews over the cake and didn't feel like I had sacrificed anything.

I am still not feeling great and very dehydrated, so I am chugging the water even more.

I am happily back at my 188, so I am down my 7 pounds like my signature reads, this never happens on weekends when the routine is anything but, another sign that IT is working or I am working!!

TG - Friday came and went and you stayed on track, way to go. I am reliving the baby stuff through my sister, who is due on 1/23. I get the best of it all, I can knit and sew for her and still sleep late, DD knows how to turn on the TV, get her breakfast and in learning to make my coffee. HAPPY BIRTHDAY and you can stay on track and celebrate, focus on the nonfood things. wink wink nod.

ROBIN - Love black current tea, it is such a treat at work. I gave up and ended up with Hall's regular cough and throat drops, I don't have a lot and use a lot of throat spray instead. Good luck, I hope it doesn't get worse.

BRENDA - Baby steps girl, skip the french fries at the next take out.

SONNET - Subway and donuts, I think that is illegal in most states, you should check that out with the authorities. I have switched over to everything whole wheat, carefully checking the label for 100% whole wheat as the first ingrediant. Everyone in the house likes it and now when I have an english muffin at least, I am heading in the right direction. Now to get DH to switch to normal sized muffins and not the monster ones. Hey we have lost the same amount for the V - Day challange.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 01:54 PM   #15  
Lovin' Life

TG I dont know if its a cold yet......I really dont think the bug has made up its mind as to wether or not to stay!?! Just a sore throat, and pretty darn tired. Is it just for colds? I found the sugar free halls, they work ok, but give me heartburn. So right after the halls is gone, Im sucking a tums ...cant win

Im back home, going to put my comfy cloths on, curl up with some tea, and I think Im going to do what your doing TG and watch a movie, Ive got King Arthur, so I might enjoy that this afternoon.