Old 01-15-2005, 08:04 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Desperate Housewives #15 **SATURDAY**

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight

Gretchen, wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy, married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise

Stephanie, sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 08:09 AM   #2  

Hey all, heading to the gym at 930, so I'll bbl to post. Morning PEnny!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 08:16 AM   #3  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all. Just got up, slept really pretty good and now going to get some coffee. I think I'll go to mom's after breakfast to do some laundry and let Alisa walk to a few neighbors to sell girl scout cookies. After that I'll be home.
Okay, hope everyone had a great night. I was thinking maybe my night was decent to get me ready to be in labor, lol. Anyways, hope everyone has a great day. TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 08:39 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Mel,
Have an awesome workout!

Crystal,
Hope ya have a great day! Do you have your stuff from ebay yet???

I'll be back to post later. Talling points for Challenge, gotta go pick up the oldest two from a sleep over, then meeting w/ director of Kidney Foundation then off to a wedding!

GEEEEEEKKKKKK! I didn't realize I had so much to do! Better get my butt in gear!

TTYL!
Old 01-15-2005, 09:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Good morning ladies!
I'm a little sore this morning from my first week of working out! I hope it gets less painful soon...
My youngest has a drum lesson this morning, then I'm not sure what we're doing.

Melissa - I admire your dedication to going to the gym. 9:30 seems early to me - I usually don't get to Curves until sometime after 10:00. I wish I had the discipline to get it "over with."

Crystal - I'm glad you got a good night's sleep. That's sometimes hard to come by when you're that far along.

Penny - sounds like you are having a busy day today!

Everyone else, have a great day!
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 10:32 AM   #6  
Jeniqua

Hello ladies! Today was a hetic day. I spent all morning cleaning house and the kids went right behind me and wrecked the house again . My husband left at 7am this morning and still isn't home. So, to let off some steam I exercised to my cardio firm video and ran for an hour(I didn't realize how long it was) down in my basement. I felt a little better afterwards. I wanted something soo sweet today but I settled for my sugar free jello, black cherry. It's really good. Now, I have a headache and can't shake it. I'm going to take some medicine and go to bed.. I'll bb in the morning to get personal with all you wonderful ladies.. NITE!!

Last edited by sharqueen76; 01-15-2005 at 09:52 PM.
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 11:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies!! I hope you are all doing well! I got just an hour of lousy sleep last night I'm exhausted and can't wait for dh to get home. On a happy note, I was down to 209.5 today! yayyyyyyy we'll see what tomorrow brings!

I have to work a 10 hour shift today so I may not be able to come back and post again. I'll try though
Mel I got your card and CD unfortunately you were right it did shatter, it was just too cold outside for it. It's -23 here right now! But I did tell Taylor that it was nice of you to send it and she said "yeahhh that's nice" lol Have you peeked at the scale? I can't wait to hear your weigh in!

Okay I'm gonna get going, oh I wanted to mention I just got results back from my pap, if you don't know, last year I had surgery to remove some malignant cells from my cervix it was pretty bad. I had stage IV cervical dysplasia called carcinoma insutu that is the last classification before cancer, well I got my results and it said no evidence of malignancy! I was so excited even though my doctors said that It shouldn't come back I was still nervous about the results.

Okay I'm outta here have a great day girls!!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 12:33 PM   #8  

Michelle, so glad to hear you pap was Negative of cancer. BTW, I'll try next week to send you a new one. So sorry it broke. I'll send it in a better packaging next time.

Have to go. Abigail has a bday party to go to and I have to wrap the gift and get my butt in the shower.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 02:04 PM   #9  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Ladies!

Just stopping in... ON the way to the wedding!

Have a great day TTYL!
Old 01-15-2005, 02:55 PM   #10  
I'm a homeschool mama

Just a quick note from me too. Just got home from mom's and did 3 loads of laundry. Gonna go check on dh in the new house then come in and put that laundry away. Maybe throw a load in my washer now too. Just in case you're wondering, I just can't wash my whites and light colored clothes here that's what I did at mom's. But I've got a few other loads of darks to do here.
I've had a few mini cramps or contractions, but nothing stays around. I'll try to walk a bit later see if anything will start.
Check back later. Hope everyone is having a great day.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 05:46 PM   #11  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hi all...
Crystal-Walk ....walk...walk. You are getting so close. How's the house coming? IT'll be so nice when you get in there.

Penny-Hon, you sound like one busy person today.

Jeniqua-How's the relaxation and the house cleaning? Is dh feeling good yet?

Gretchen-Yep, gotta admire Mel. She's got some determination. Did you get to the gym today? I didn't do anything yet.

Melissa-Hey girl! Its Saturday...arne't you going to relax?

Michelle-I know how you feel when you get those negative results. I was so happy when I got mine in September. My gyno says I don't have to go in for a year now. I had the colposcopy done in April 2003 and follow ups every six months after that. I'm so glad to be in the clear. I was really nervous about it coming back too. My doc says I'm one of those "doomsday" gals...
Congratulations!!!!
HOpe you get some zzz's in. I froze my buns off last night so I didn't sleep so well.
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 06:34 PM   #12  

Hi all.
Michelle...I am so happy that you are cancer free. Praise God!
I wish I had more time but the baby is still sick and she doesn't want to eat or be put down. I finally got her to take a nap and I wanted to check in. Sounds like everyone is busy, busy, busy today.
I hope you all have a wonderful day.
stephi1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 07:12 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Hey everyone -
No gym for me today. I'm trying to give my poor old aching muscles a day in between workouts and since I did it yesterday, I took today off. It was tempting though, driving past Curves today, but I didn't go.

My 15 year old son (Sean) and I both got haircuts today, then we went grocery shopping. Ever take a teenage boy grocery shopping? LOL, "Mom can we puh- leeze hurry up a little?" I've gotta get all the hanging-out time I can get in now. <sniff, sniff, my little boy is growing up too quickly>
I'm driving him to the movie theatre tonight so he can meet a girl who called him and asked him out. What's this world coming to? Hee hee! She's "just a friend" and a very nice girl to boot.

I had some oatmeal today, my homemade soup with Goldfish for lunch, and a veggie burger with some salad for dinner. Oh, I also made some butterscotch pudding with 1% milk for dessert. Yum! I eat veggie burgers a lot since my family loves burgers and fries. I did make fish twice last week, though.

Tomorrow we're going to try to make it to church, then to visit my parents, who live about 40 minutes away. The kids have the day off of school on Monday for Martin Luther King,Jr. Day.
Talk to everyone tomorrow!
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 03:22 AM   #14  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi All,

Michelle,
I am so thrilled to hear your results! I know you are relieved!

Jeniqua,
Congrats on the exercise!

Melissa,
I bet you will have a great weigh in today! WOOHOO!

Steph,
I am soooo sorry Ella is still sick Call me if you need me

Chris,
I never knew you had any type of problems. Glad to hear you are checked and good to go now! That is a scary experience!

Crystal,
Ok I'm ready for the baby now...lol Come on ALLISON!!!

Well I better get my butt in bed, up worrying about this Kidney Walk and I should be sleeping TTYL!
Old 01-16-2005, 08:59 AM   #15  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

gonna start a new thread

c ya there