Old 12-05-2004, 12:30 PM   #1  
ZZZ

Default Need to lose 30kg - Australia

I'm very interested in hearing from fellow Australians, but other countries are fine. I'm looking for people who mostly use either MSN or ICQ. PM me for my contacts.

I'm 21, weigh 110kg and am 180cm. I've always been like this to a degree, but I'm only now starting to try and change things. I have been walking at least once per day for half an hour and I've cut down sweets drastically this past month. Just yesterday, I started the Danish diet, but I stupidly ate the tomato in the evening instead of lunch! Can anyone help me decide if I should continue or not? The website does say if there are any deviations, the diet must be stopped.

Anyway, I look forward to chatting with anyone who comes along.

Last edited by ZZZ; 12-05-2004 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Title
ZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 08:11 PM   #2  

Hey I'm from australia too...what's the danish diet I've never heard of it? I kind of thing that those fad diets are wrong anyway - cos once yo'uve lost the weight that you want to you won't continue to eat like that for the rest of your life sort of thing it's got to be a gradual process and a way that you're going to stick to eating even when you've lost the weight...I'm from australia too! Where bouts in australia are you from?
Kewwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 08:12 PM   #3  
WW Moderator

Hi ZZZ, we have a few Australians here that I know of, maybe some will pop up in this thread!

I would not recommend the Danish diet. I actually just studied it not too long ago, and I feel you are much better off eating a reduced calorie diet that is more balanced. Don't worry about eating the tomato at the wrong time of day. The diet only sheds pounds because it is low in calories. There is nothing magical about eating a sugar cube with a meal, or eating a tomato in a special combination. It is also too low in calories, and it doesn't look very appetizing to me (but that's me!). This will make it harder for you to follow as the diet goes along - unless you love boiled eggs and raw carrots! If it were me, I'd look for a plan that was more like foods and food combinations that I enjoy. The better it fits in with your lifestyle and your preferences, the better chance you have of being successful.

The diet promises a large weight loss, but it is only possible to lose up to a certain amount of fat in one time period, and more weight loss than that would be water. Water regains quickly, and that would be very discouraging to work so hard and have the weight rebound so quickly. Another red flag is that you can only do this once in a 2 year period. It isn't smart to do it at all, but I don't know where they get the 2 year period. My suspicions are that they are trying to make it sound mysterious and special in a way that psyches you into wanting to do it. You're better off with a practical, straight forward plan.

I hope this post isn't too discouraging for you. Please write back with any questions!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 05:56 AM   #4  
ZZZ

Yes, I'm aware of the controversy. But I figured it was 13 days only and it seemed pretty healthy and had good results posted on the message board. Anyway, I've stopped it. I am looking for some sort of plan to follow that works though. I just have no ideas as to what I should be doing. Can you suggest some?

Kewwy, I'm from Sydney. Thanks for the replies.
Old 12-09-2004, 05:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

There is a few Aussies and Kiwis here ZZZ
Suz in Aus is a kiwi in Sydney, Lyria is from Canberra, Procrastinator pops in and out, she's from Adelaide. I'm in Brisbane. We had a couple from Perth earlier, but I haven't heard from them in a while. Most of the above post in the journals. You might find some more information about diets posting there, or go down the forum page and have a look at weight watcher, south beach, sugar busters, atkins - they all have groups in the forums.
Jennifer is right. The better balanced the diet, the more you are likely to stick with it. Portion control and exercise is what does it for me.
Anyway good luck. Let us know how you go and what you decide to do.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 10:21 PM   #6  

Smile Need to lose 30kg-Australia

Hi Am just rejoining this site after 5 yrs. And I think it has changed a lot for the better I'm sure.

Zzz Im a lot older then you but we both have a lot to lose at least 30 kg. lol. I am in Sydney as well and am just about to head off to work.

I am starting again on Monday and plan to go the low G.I way. What do they call that in U.S.a Jennifer ??? I like the type of food they eat on that one. Can you send me the Danish one to look at Zzz I have been to Denmark and Sweden so want to see if it has any actual Danish foods type things on it lol.

Anyway am hating the weather we are having here at present but makes you long for fruity type foods to eat ... Bye for now Violet
luvs_violets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 10:30 PM   #7  

Hi, I am also in Australia (Queensland) and have about 25kg to lose. Also looking for support!
I'm trying to do it just by exercising and eating right - no more Coke for me (my biggest weakness, but I know it is just full of sugar).

Look forward to hearing from you...
Aussie Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 12:02 AM   #8  
starting out

Talking

Hi im from victoria, good to see some Aussies here!

I have 11 kilos to loose i started 3 weeks ago and fell off the wagon 3 days ago and have been pigging out. So back on it tomorrow....i have 11 kilos to loose! Hope to get to know you lovely girls.
Pinkshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 03:16 PM   #9  
ZZZ

Hi everyone, It's been a while since checking back on this thread. Nice to it's collected some more Australians! Well, since posting, I'm now down to 101kg. I was originally aiming for a weight of 80kg as I haven't been that weight since age 15 or so. But I probably should be somewhere near 70kg I'm guessing. For the moment I'll be elated to get below 100kg. It's been a long time since I've been anywhere near there!

AussieGal, you seem to be the only one here that has MSN. Do you want me to add you? I'd love to chat with the others here. Do either of you use MSN or ICQ? If that's not an option I don't mind emailing.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:54 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi, Violet. I'm not Jennifer but do know that the plan is called Low G.I. here in Canada and in the USA. There may be a group in here already on that plan. Perhaps you could do a search on glycemic.
Good luck on your weightloss but rely on skill and planning!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 07:21 PM   #11  

Hi ZZZ,

I use MSN, you are more than welcome to add me! I don't use ICQ though.

Congrats on your weight loss so far - that's fantastic!

Hello also to the other Aussies on here
C.
Aussie Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 01:41 AM   #12  
ZZZ

Added.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:22 AM   #13  

Hi Aussie Babes!
I'm a Clayton's Aussie - originally from Pennsylvania, married an Aussie...
I'm in Sydney, too! Hoping to shed the kilos (pounds) that crept on before and during pregnancies. I was 64kg about a week and a half ago and now I am on 62kg.
I am doing simple changes (yet oh so difficult to maintain he adaptation to my 'new' lifestyle). I have started eating breakfast, have a light m.tea, eat a good lunch, have a light a.tea and eat a salad or chicken for dinner. For exercise I have been walking briskly. So far so good. I am trying to fill up on water to avoid eating unhealthy things.
I am looking for encouragement and your inspirational stories are just what I need.
Here's to all of us! Cheers - Becky

Last edited by BeckyH87; 01-17-2005 at 06:44 AM.
BeckyH87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 03:47 AM   #14  

Wow go aussies and anyone else .. Becky good on you ! lol
Old 01-18-2005, 04:00 AM   #15  

Default Danish Diet

Pls. can you tell me how this diet goes? I saw in the Womans day about Princess Marys diet but this must be differnt as has no eggs lol Pls reply Thanks Violet