Old 01-14-2005, 07:05 AM   #1  

Default Desperate Housewives #14 ~Friday~

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight

Gretchen, wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy, married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise

Stephanie, sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 07:19 AM   #2  

THANKS TO ALL WHO WISHED ME A HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BUT JILLY WAS RIGHT. IT WAS NOT MY BDAY. PENNY, WAS DOING A HAPPY DANCE SAYING IS WAS MY BIRTHDAY, LIKE A NEW BEGINING FOR ME. LOL....DONT' MAKE ME OLDER YET...PLEASE....FYI, THE REAL BDAY IS MAY 8........MOTHER'S DAY THIS YEAR!

Spryng, It was wonderful hearing from you!! We know you are crazy busy, but your story is helpful to all that we can get there. Sorry, that treadmill wasn't good. At least you were able to take it back. It amazes me sometimes the CRA---p that is in the stores. What a hassel when something so large has to be returned.

Chris, come on you were doing soooo great, don't stop now. I read your msn post about being lazy. You are not! you just had one bad day. Today, will be better. we are here for you.

Cheri, Cute pic of you! You are too funny with you little bio there. Be well, hope to hear from you again soon. House sounds wonderful!!

Anyway, I don't know if I am going to the gym this morning or not. I have to meet my sister at 10, which means I'd have to be at the gym at 830 and leave by 920 to get to where I have to be by 10. It's a lot of running, but I just might do it. I'm gonna be there tomorrow at 8 too. hmmmmmm what to do....
Old 01-14-2005, 07:56 AM   #3  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Happy, Happy Friday

Happy Friday to all of you. Again, I didn't sleep well at all. I definately will try to get a nap in.

Spryng, so glad you popped in. And I hope you didn't get mad at me for telling the others what you had said but I knew what they would say and I think you needed to know that. Try to stop in often.

Mel, I knew it wasn't your birthday either, I got the whole happy dance out of it. And we are proud of you for hitting onederland.

Cheri, so glad to hear from you. Almost 15 weeks, huh? I'll be 38 weeks on Tuesday and as of last Tuesday I was dialated to a 1 and the baby had dropped, YEAH!!! So hopefully I'll be a new mama soon.

Okay, so now dh's grandma thinks I'll have this baby this weekend, my sis thinks I'll have it by this time next week and dh thinks I'm going late and having it on the third of Feb. I'm still going for like the 25th thru the 28th sometime. I know, I'd like it to be sooner, but I think I'll hang in that long. Does anyone want to have any suggestions or guesses?

Hello to Deana, Chris, Roxy, Michelle, Penny, and all you other desperate housewives. I'll check in later.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 07:57 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies.....

Sorry about the happy dance for Mel.... Now looking back it was cute

Mel,
Congrats on going to the gym anyhow! It's nice to chat with ya in the am's

Spryng,
Hi girl OK WHATEVER! You are always welcome here and you have been around longer that most of us!!! We miss ya!

Cheri,
Congrats on only gaining one pound in your pregnancy so far! That is awesome! How are the boys taking the pregnancy so far?

Well I need to get up and Adam ...... I have a ton of stuff to do today.

Michelle,
What ever happened with the stuff you were sending to the printer for Light the Night???

TTYL!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 08:00 AM   #5  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Sorry I missed your post Crystal......

Maybe we can do a guess thing with weight, height and date!!!!

What does everyone think????
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 09:27 AM   #6  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good morning!
Well we're cold again! -23 actual ground temp. with wind -39 so brrrr! School is going to be two hours late because the are waiting for the sun to come up to get the children out. Well I down to 241! Which seems like I lost 4 lbs. according to my ticker but it's only 2 this week cause I didn't change my ticker from last week. I have alot more energy since end of Oct. I can only imagine how wonderful it will feel when more comes off!

Penny! You tricksy girl you! Yup, I fell for it, got me! Oh well...it was a great day for Mel and it was probably as good as a birthday, without a cake. The guessing game for Crystal sounds fun, I think she's going to have an 8 pounder at least, maybe 8.4 and 21" only a guess, but you are all out in front(by your pic) and looks like 8 pounds to me!

Crystal- I hope you do that nap in. As for comfort or rest forget about it! Let's just get it over with and then rest! how's the pelvis, Elvis?

Mel- sorry I made you older! That was funny! I'm so glad for ya though and so is everyone else! I can't wait till I'm there myself, really! I am looking forward to that day, hopefully by summer? Hope ya make it to the gym!

Well, I'm making hot cereal for the crew this morning since schools late so I better get crackin'! TTYL

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 10:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning ladies!

LOL Mel, I really thought it was your bday LOL I hope you have a great day today!

Roxy we are at -18 degrees right now!! Ugghhh sooo cold!! I had to cuddle up to hubby last night cuz I was so cold! normally Taylor is sleeping between us but he moved her to the outside of the bed so I could warm up lol.

Penny, we're just getting our Regional Friends of Allie group together I don't have flyers ready yet but our walk won't be until September (I'm thinking) that way it's not too hot not too cold.

Geri how are you doing girly? We're here for you if ou need us Love ya chicky!

Well I'm gonna go get the day started.
TTYl
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 10:21 AM   #8  
**Kristin**

Morning! How is everyone! I was laughing so hard too about "Melissa's Birthday"...LMAO, that was hilarious. Its like your psuedo-birthday....LOL! Anway, just wanted to check in quick!

Hi to cheri! Glad to here the the pregnancy is progressing nicely! Good to hear from you!

Spryng - YAY ! I am so glad that you posted! Missed ya, love ya! Sorry about the treadmill, we had my parents, but it was so old and loud, it made me feel fat because it creaked and cracked and hummed all the time, so I had to ditch it. LOL! How is work going?

Crystal - Any day now is alright with me! What pic di dyou post and where? I didn't see one!

Roxy - Its cold here too, not that bad though, -6 right now, feels like -20 with all this wind...and we are gettinga dusting of snow again, only a few inches though.

Penny - You are so cute with your little happy dance! LOL Sorry you missed karate - i did that with sydneys first day back at pre-school last thursday, WHOOPS! LOL!

Jilly - Hi hunny bunny mcfunnyskins.....(shell I had to...LMAO)

Michelle - I am still laughing about that...did you get some more sleep?

K, that is all that I can remember, so I am going to get my butt in gear and make my weekend lists, etc so I can get started on all that cleaning that my house so DESPERATELY needs....i am a true desprate housewife this week. G-ma is napping, so perfect time to "unclutter" my thoughts and plan how to "unlclutter" my house! Oh I forgot to tell you all....sydey is sick now too! She is at home with Daddy today with a fever and head cold....poor girl...she told her dad..."Im not feeling that great, you should check me out" LOL...too cute. Her new things this week are "actually"...."I am thinking that..." and a few others that I can't think of...but she talks so grown up now, its so funny......Have a great day ya'll, might get a post in this afternoon, but I won't tonight for sure...gotta work and then get to bed so I can get all my housework done Sat morning, then I will have the rest of my saturday to relax TTYL!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 11:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Hello to all!

Well, I'm back from Curves. 2 pounds lighter! Woo hoo! Is it wrong to clap for yourself? LOL! I had a tough workout today. The first couple days, I was feeling fine, but my muscles are screaming lately! They're not used to work! Besides that, I am really happy with my results this week.

I needed some good news today! Jeremy (my 11 yo)'s Home Ec teacher called this morning to tell me that my darling (right!) son is failing her class and hasn't turned in any assignments. This is a kid with severe ADD and learning disabilities, but I do expect him to turn in stuff, ya know? So he got a "talking to" on the way to school this morning. Thank God I have one son who doesn't need constant supervision.

I hope everyone has a great day. I still feel kind of weird about posting specific stuff to specific people since I don't know you guys as well as you know each other. I hope you don't think I'm being rude.
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 12:38 PM   #10  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning ladies-
I have rejoined the club as a cold spot. We are -13 degrees. Not as cold as Michelle or Roxy...but once your below zero, It's all cold!

Mel-Looks like we were all playing follow the leader about the B-day! I am so happy you're in ONEderland though...that's kind of a birthday.. I just have to tell you a short story. My MIL wished my dh a Happy Birthday on Christmas. So for her birthday (Jan. 3rd) we told her Merry Christmas and Happy 4th of July. Just to tease the heck out of her. She was so embarrassed for it.

Gretchen-Get personal! We all like to hear from everybody.

Kristin-Sorry to hear Syd's under the weather. kayla stayed home from school today with a tummy ache. I'm thinking she really doesn't but I guess this is her first absence for the whole school year.

Cheri-OH my gosh! I forgot you were having another too. How are you feeling?

Michelle-Thank you for sending all the *warm* weather my way. I would have just settled for some snow...

Roxy-I'm going to get those patterns sent off to you on MOnday. It's too cold out there for little ol me right now. I'm staying inside where it's cozy. I got some chili on for supper....(I got the recipe off the WW website). I'll have to see how it tastes and let everyone know.

Crystal-Hang in there hon! You must feel miserable. Think about what is waiting at the end of the pain...a beautiful baby girl! Rest, rest, rest, as much as you can.

Jillybean-How's Bayley, Ron, and yourself? Are you working on the challenge exercises? I'm so glad you and Bayley are home. It is soooo scary to have a sick little one, esp. THAT sick.

Okay...I'll get personal with Jeniqua, Penny, Stephanie, Geri, Ricci, etc after I see posts fromt them.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 12:47 PM   #11  

Roxy, Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr that's cold girl.....Congrats on the 2lbs down. you are getting there. Keep up the good work.

Chris, that is a funny story. Valentines day, wish her happy easter. lol

Michelle, you silly, I'm sure you would know it if it were my bday. Have a good one.

Gretchen, go ahead and clap for yourself. You need to pat yourself on the back too..Great JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTG girl. Silly son of yours better turn in his work. Typical boy doesn't like home EC....
Old 01-14-2005, 12:47 PM   #12  
Jeniqua

hello ladies!! I am finally able to get here. I tried before but it said page not found. Anyways, I am still doing great. Today I exercise at home because the gym is closed. I can't believe I've been drinking 100 oz of water every day, all week!! WOO HOO!! I am soo proud of myself. Last night my husband told me he notices my stomach going down a little. I noticed it too, so it was nice that he noticed as well.

Mel~ You deserve a party after yesterday!! I am soo proud of you. You have been working so hard and it is showing. Keep up the Marvelous job!!

Penny~ Hey!! How are you doing?? Are you staying OP?? I have an email I am getting ready to send you. I think you'll get a kick out of it.

Michelle~ Hey Girl!! How are you?? You have been busy lately, huh?? Are you staying OP??

Chris~ Hey!! How are you?? Where are you?? LOL!! Hope you're having a lovely day.

Crystal~ I know, nobody wants your baby came more than you, but come on already...LOL..JK. Anyways, I am guessing your baby will be 8 pounds 10 oz and 21 inches long. I think you will go to your due date. It was great chatting with you. Have a lovely day!

Cheri~ Hi! Congrats on your pregnancy!

Roxy~ Hi, how are you today? Today is an easy day for me. Right now it's just me, my son and my nephew until the kids get home at 2:30. Way to go with your weight loss! You're doing great.

Jill~ Hey!! How are you today?? It's so nice having you post again and back at the challenge!

Kristin~ I think I'm going to call you the fly by lady...any time you feel like flying by my house and cleaning, you're more than welcome..lol!! You have been really busy. I know you must be looking forward to the weekend to relax after you clean your own house. Sydney sounds like a doll. I hope she's feeling better soon. Take it easy and have a Beautiful day!

Gretchen~ You're doing great!! Way to go!! I can relate to you about your son having ADD. I babysit an 8 year old boy who has ADHD and everyday is a battle with him. He has no attention span whatsoever. I only have him 3 hours a day. I can only imagine what it must be like for his parents.

Spryng~ Hi!! We've missed you..please stop by often and keep us updated on you. Even though you have reached your goal you can be a huge assesst(sp?) to us. You can give us great tips and ideas on how we too can reach our goals and maintain. BTW, congrats on being able to maintain! I think that's actually going to be the hardest part for me. Have a great day!!

Well, I better go for now but I'll BBL!!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 01:58 PM   #13  
soontobethin

Hi, all. Just a quick post today. I have to go pick up my son and my sister early from school. They have early outs every friday. Tomorrow we are going down to Branson and stay the night at a hotel with an indoor water park. The only problem I have is I am too pale for a swimsuit, but that isn't stopping me. It will be so much fun. I hope everyone has a great weekend, and I will check back in on Sunday.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 02:08 PM   #14  
a.k.a. Roxy

Afternoon-

Hi Michelle! New Siggy? Is that you with your new makeup on? You supermodel! Well, I sure don't want to win the who got the coldest weather, but it's nice to know someone else can relate!

Mel- I'm a May baby too. I'm the 12th. So we can take it all on in the spring, and yeah I can wait too. Sorry about the flub up, but it was funny. I'm such a dork sometimes. Anyway you are doing such a fab job it makes me try harder too.

Crystal- did you get your "burst of energy" yet? Usually, it's not to long after that. I suppose that's my guess. So If you feel you've already had that, maybe soon!

Kristin- sorry to hear that Syd is sick, you don't need that now! How is that working out with Grandma? I don't know if you told us but is it MON-FRI or everyday? You said that she was declining quickly. It must be alot of stress for you! Have fun, yeah right, cleaning today!

Gretchen- glad you are doing so well! Why not be your biggest cheerleader?! Nothing wrong with that! Glad you are going for the burn! Remember to drink lots of water too, wash that fat out!

Chris- thanks! Oh yes, stay warm! Chili sounds good! Today I'm making crockpot Spinach Lasagna. Cause we have a pageant tonight (maybe) and I have to have something ready. I won't eat it, I will have tuna salad.

Rat's gotta go! Marty---
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 02:18 PM   #15  
2BoysMom

Hi all,

A quick post from work!

Michelle...I always need you guys

Welcome back Spryng and Cheri!! Hi to everyone else. I'll get a good quality post in this weekend

Gotta run! See ya later.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote