South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 06:25 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Chat - January 13

Starting us up before I do the Doggage Duties.

We seem to be coated in ice out there! Rain was predicted today but it doesn't seem to be arriving so we will have to deal with a skating rink world. The temp is predicted to go to 59F today - a heat wave - so some of it may melt. I'll be wearing my YAKtracks to keep from landing on my butt out there! I need to salt the back deck so the Girls can get up and down the steps - pet safe salt, of course.

Harry's physio chick and Jane are supposed to come this morning but the ice may keep them home. Somehow I think I'll be spending another day indoors feeding the woodstove with Kevin's wood.

Good news from the vet yesterday! Hershey's blood is now "excellent" so we booked her operation for next Wednesday. It'll be good to get that over with and then work on getting her back in shape completely. Her fur coat is badly in need of repair!

Woofing is starting so I'll go tackle the monsters and let them adore me for a while!

What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. Make it a good one!
Old 01-13-2005, 06:28 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Thursday Beach Chat 01/13

Good morning, Chicks~~

Am I really starting the thread this morning? Ruth, where are you???

Got up a wee bit earlier than usual...amazing what a difference 15 minutes can make.

Pretty uneventful day yesterday. The only "thing" that happened was some snotty witch that came in and was totally rude to me. Can't think of too many things more idiotic than being a *itch to someone about to stick a sharp pointed object into your vein, other than maybe jumping in front of a 2000 pound vehicle travelling 45 mph.

Gotta go make lunch. I'll try and pop back in and see if anyone else is awake.

If I don't catch you, have a wonderful day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 01-13-2005, 06:31 AM   #3  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Just passing through on my way to get breakfast for the GB's. Plus do garbage collection to take to the curb.
Will cruise by later.
Ruth.. careful on that ice. My sister lives in Big River, Sask.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:39 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Morning, Mamacita and Chipper.

Mamacita, she was taking her life in her hands. I'd have used a knitting needle on her!

Chipper, Big River is pretty far from here. I wonder what kind of weather your sister is having.

Gotta go - the woofing has changed to whining!
Old 01-13-2005, 06:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning! I couldn't get in yesterday, DSL lines were down in the area, so they claim, how can that happen? I thought it was me having problems again, so I'm relieved to find out it wasn't! It's supposed to get up to 66 F today, but it's so foggy out that you can't see 5 feet in front of you. It was like that all day yesterday, too. The Farmer's Almanac says we're supposed to get a lot of snow around the 22 - 23rd of Jan. so will be interesting to see what happens. Also, they're predicting as much as 2 feet of snow between the 8th - 11th of Feb.!! We'll see.
Here's the recipe I made up for the pizza I made on Tuesday, no official recipe for it, I just made it up as I went along. I mixed some garlic and onion powder with ground turkey breast and patted it into the bottom and up the sides of a pie pan and baked it at 350 for 25 min. Then I mixed about a cup of ricotta with some tomato sauce, pesto, garlic, diced red and green peppers and black olives and mushrooms and filled the shell, and topped it with shredded mozzarella and parmesan and baked it again for 1/2 hour or so. It was absolutely delicious. So there you go. If you make it I hope you enjoy it. Well I'm going to make some coffee before I go to Curves, so I'll catch up with you Chicklets later!
Old 01-13-2005, 06:43 AM   #6  

Mornin Chicks!

I am off early for another busy day of playing catch-up! I hope everyone has a wonderful day at the beach!!

Nally
Old 01-13-2005, 06:56 AM   #7  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Ruth, Chipper, Nala and Cottage and all you chicks to come~~

Ruth, If I'd had a knitting needle, I'd have used one...a bamboo one!

Cottage, the pizza recipe sounds good, I may try it one of these days.

Okay, gotta fly~~

HAGD~~

Mamacita
Old 01-13-2005, 07:11 AM   #8  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning all!

It's my late day at work so I'm checking in early. I have to take DS to school and then I'm going to work out this am. I want to be in onederland next time I weigh in! I haven't worked out since last Friday so it's about time.

Have an OP day!
Old 01-13-2005, 07:21 AM   #9  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks.... back and around today. Yesterday was one of those days spent the morning finishings off making my music cds for dance, then getting ready for the funeral, after the service we went to my Uncles place and spent 3 hours with family, we took lots of pictures. I took a nice one of my mom with her brother and sister. It was a pleasant time even though it was for a sad occasion. And I stayed OP. Other than my water.

Ruth- be careful with the ice. We got the snow but not too much of the freezing rain they called for. Everyone figured there would be no school today.

Mama- Got to love those nasty people. When I have to do blood work I am always super sweet as I hate needles and figure if I am not nice they would you a bamboo needle. Hope your patients are nicer today.

Chipper- good morning hope you have a great day.

cottagebythesea- I have made that pizza before as well. I find it hits the spot when you want pizza. I made it last week when the rest of the family had the real thing and I didn't feel like I was missing out.

Nalaminu- hope you have a great day.

anchor weight- onederland her you come.

A big hello to the rest of you chicks to come.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:23 AM   #10  
A Lily from my yard!

Wow it's busy in here this morning! All y'all early chicks. I'm just rolling out of bed and y'all are headin out the door. Time Zones! Although I have been awake since 3 this morning burning up like I have every morning for the past 2 weeks! Summin's gotta give pretty soon cause I've bout had it with this. Well I have to run. It seems the kids are dragin this morning. Have a good day all!
Old 01-13-2005, 08:59 AM   #11  
Faith in me

just a quick hello ladies...i have to run to work....ugh...but i'll be back later this evening....everyone have a great day on the beach!!
Old 01-13-2005, 09:11 AM   #12  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Good Morning Ladies~

Wow, alot of people up & about this morning. No school for the kiddo today but still had to get up early. Baby decided he didn't want to sleep in today. Oh well, I had plenty of time to make dh's lunch. He's decided to count calories instead of doing SB. He didn't last long last time he tried the SB. Nothing better than making 4 different things for dinner sometimes. Anyhoo...

Not much planned today. Sleep sounds good this morning. I am going to take a nap, I was up late last night watching a movie.

Ruth~ Be careful on that ice. We've had ice for 2 weeks now & quite frankly, i'm sick of it!

Mama~ Don't ya just love it when you're trying to take care of someone and they are rude to you?! Do they not get it?? I'm a nurse, I understand. HAHA

Cottage~That pizza sounds great! I can't wait to try it..when I"m in P2 of course.

Little Chick~ I'm glad you had a good day despite the sad occassion. My thoughts & prayers are still with you & your family.

To the rest of the ladies that have been here already & to those yet to come in...

*~*HAVE A FANTASTIC OP DAY!! *~*
Old 01-13-2005, 09:20 AM   #13  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, darlings!

Wow! It's really slippery out there, Ruth! Don't even think about going out! (without a padded suit. And I DON'T mean fat!)
We're right out of toilet paper (using paper napkins now), and I've got to brave the streets sometime day.

Mamacita, your restraint is amazing. I would have jabbed that rude chick so hard...

Chipper, I'd like to know what kind of weather your sister is experiencing now, too! Why are we Canadians so fixated on the weather?

Cottage, the "pizza" sound amazing! Thanks for the recipe!

Nally, how is your eye, hon? Better, I hope!

Anchor, have a good workout!!

Little Chick, I'm glad the service went well. Sometimes there can be a lot of good reminiscing at funerals.

Bamie, you're still sick! Take good care of yourself, sweetie.

Jess, hi!

Amber, enjoy your nap.

I'm going to try doing a bit of a "cleanse" today. I've been drinking too much diet pop, and other Frankenfoods, and I feel icky.
However, I am NOT giving up my coffee!
And then maybe I'll hop on the treadmill...

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 01-13-2005, 09:23 AM   #14  

Morning, gals! I was not happy yesterday. I got stuck at work almost two hours later than usual and didn't get to work out. I'm hoping I can cut out early today but I doubt it. Laurie, you were talking about how nice my job was to give me my birthday off but I did end up getting paged while I was cooking dinner that night and ended up working a half hour. Oh, well, busy day today so I can't post to everyone.

Bamie - When you are waking up burning up, have you taken your temperature? I worry when I hear about this.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:40 AM   #15  
RNMOM

Default Morning!

At work today, ready for anything that comes my way (food that is) I'm stocked up on cucumbers, V8, good things ya know.

Cold and snowy! Brr.

Well, you all have a great day. Off to get some blood.
Closed Thread