Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 01:26 PM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Core Support Board - Number 5

Janette usually saves us from ourselves when our Core Support Board starts to get too long. Janette, hope you are well and still with us! Here's a new board for us to post on.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:48 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Thanks, Vickie!! I also noticed the other one was getting a little long!
Old 01-12-2005, 03:58 PM   #3  

Hi. So explain this "Passing for Thin" book please. I have a $25 gift card for Barnes and Noble burning a hole in my pocket.

I have my w/i tonight. I'm really eager, because I only go every other week (to save on $$). I think it'll be good, I may hit my 10% tonight. : )

Angela
Old 01-12-2005, 04:39 PM   #4  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Talking

Well I finally figured out how to post from work!! (Naughty froufie). Seems if I use the "quick reply" it works but if I use the regular "post reply" it does not - so no fancy smilies for me! ha ha ha

Very hungry today - drinking a gazillion tons of water (okay maybe 60 ounces so far?) and really looking forward to dinner time - had many snacks this pm and I am hoping this will tide me over.

Thanks for starting the new Hard Core thread Vickie ......makes it much easier - maybe we can get "someone" to start one every week? Sat or Monday or whenever?

Also interested in hearing more about this book "Passing for Thin"...will have a look for it next time i'm at Chapters (drinking that fabulous Starbucks nonfat decaf cappuccino!)

Tomorrow's challenges:
a) expected freezing rain/ice storm has arrived making driving pretty treacherous - not sure what it will be like in the am? Maybe a "snow day"?
b) if I do get to work - have a lunch date w/work colleague (can we make it down the street without falling on the ice and breaking our necks?? ) at vietnamese restaurant: cellophane noodle/rice noodle soups w/veggies and beef/chicken, will avoid spring rolls and white rice....any guidance greatly appreciated!

Froufie

P.S. Angela - how do you save $$ by going every other week? In our neck of the woods we pay for missed meetings so no point in not going? I think if you miss more than 3 tho they let you "rejoin" as that works out to be cheaper!

Last edited by Froufy; 01-12-2005 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:37 PM   #5  
Janette

Hi yall! I am still here, been reading but just haven't had time to post. I have been at my first goal weight for a month now. It feels so good to be able to pull something out of the closet and know that it will fit just as well as it did a month ago! But I need to push forward so I am officially delcaring my new goal:

Lose 5 lbs. by Easter.

I know that doesn't sound like much but I also know this is going to be the hardest to lose. So I must pay close attention to portions/get that exercise in (don't know why that is so hard for me to do this time around) and keep up with my APs.

Talk to all of yall later. Gotta go eat my dinner.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:55 PM   #6  

Well, here they let you choose one of two payment options. With the loyalty plan, you have to come and pay every week, but the fee is a little lower. With the liberty plan, you can come or not, pay as you go kind of thing, but you HAVE to come at least once a month, and the fee is a little higher. So I do the second option.

Angela
Old 01-12-2005, 07:59 PM   #7  

Hey, at W/I tonight, I lost 3.4!! That's for two weeks, but still, it's good. I got my 10% keychain tonight. Happy, happy me!

Angela
Old 01-12-2005, 08:42 PM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Janette, glad you're well. I don't think the last 5 pounds are small. I expect that you will get rid of them though!

Angela, CONGRATULATIONS on losing your 10%. That is a major accomplishment. You should be very proud of yourself! I think a 3.4 loss for two weeks is spectacular. My average is only 1.34 per week.

Froufie, I am often very very hungry the week before my TOM. In your case, though, this being the first week, I'm sure you're eating smaller portions then you did before. The water will help. When is your first weigh in? I'm sure it will be great.

There's not much I can tell you about the book. Torrey is the one who recommended it. I bought it last night at Borders because of her recommendation and because of the overview that I read. It is the memoirs of a woman who lost, I think, 180 pounds. She didn't know how to be thin....had never been thin....It tells her story and struggles. How she couldn't fit on plane seats and other small places. I'm sure I'll be bawling through the whole book. Being 150 pounds overweight has been it's own kind of nightmare for me. I had to travel for work and it was more frequent right before I retired. The torture of flying when I didn't fit so good. People were downright nasty. Some even asked to have their seats changed....loudly so everyone could hear why the wanted to move. I must succeed this time. I'm hoping the book will be inspiration.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:05 AM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Torrey, I posted those cottage cheese recipes at the end of Core Support Board Number 4 right earlier in the morning before I created the new support board. I wanted to make sure that you saw them.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:17 AM   #10  

Angela, congratulations!!! Woohoo! I know you're excited about that!!
Old 01-13-2005, 10:59 AM   #11  

Vickie, Thank you so much for the cottage cheese recipes! They will be tried out this weekend! Did you say you like the lemon cheesecake the best? Please let me know how you like the book! Want to get someone else's perspective.

Angela, congratulations on the 10% loss! That is fantastic!

I believe that Vickie mentioned TOM, this is a nightmare for me. In the begininning it was not that bad, but now it has increased into this THING! Through the help of those on this site, I have found ways to manage cravings. I become a carb-monster during this time w/lots of sugar and salt on the side. For some reasons, I crave sandwiches, so instead of going somewhere to get one where I can't always control exactly what I want, I focus on having WW bread, X-tra lean coldcuts, lowfat cheese, olives, whatever to get that sandwich jones successfully controlled. 94% ff microwave popcorn does wonders! sugar cravings are squelched with crustless pumkin pie, SF/FF pudding or even fruit (wow, who knew!)

One thing that I am re-learning thorugh CORE is to listen to my body. Listen and understand what it needs to keep going. Sometimes, I am amzaed at what I think I need initially as opposed to what I really need.

Froufie, hang in there and good luck on your weigh-in.

I actually have two on Saturday, one at 8 a.m. at Weight Watchers and one at 9:45 a.m. at the Discovery store. I got a wild hair to sign up a week ago and roped a friend and my sister in. I'm using this in tandem with CORE and my Self challenge to goal set, ensure that I workout and gain more helpful and useful information in my quest to tailor make a program that is good for me for a long time. Check out the website, there is a lot of free stuff associated with signing up, i.e. 8-week membership to Bally's (I hate this place and I already have a Y membership I don't use, but it's free and my friend and I plan on hooking up 2x a week there).

Well, hope all is well and sorry for the long, long post!

Torrey
Old 01-13-2005, 11:40 AM   #12  

http://health.discovery.com/converge...lenge2005.html
Old 01-13-2005, 01:33 PM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

Torrey, of the cheesecake flavors so far I like the lemon best. I thought it needed a lot more Splenda though. I also like the Caramel Apple Delight very much. It might be my favorite even over the cheesecake.

I'm going to start the book now. I ran out of time yesterday.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:09 PM   #14  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Congrats Angela on the SUPERB WEIGHT LOSS - bet you're feeling & looking good!

..and those recipes look scrumptious Vickie - can't wait to try them out (have copied/pasted and filed for future reference!).

Kathy - I am VERY IMPRESSED with the Discovery Challenge (I checked the site and it looks amazing - no canadian stuff tho ). Let us know how you make out!

I had lunch out today at vietnamese restaurant and survived (left most of the noodles in my giant soup bowl and only had the veggies and shrimp/chicken with lots of chinese tea!). Now a bit hungry so might eat more fruit or popcorn.

Need to drink more water today - have been slacking a bit - off to the water cooler (and washroom ) I go!

Froufie
Old 01-13-2005, 03:34 PM   #15  

I'm not doing the Discovery thing, I think Torrey is. I just posted the link to their site. I'm in Arlington and the closest store is in the Dallas Galleria, which is quite a ways away, so I don't think I'll be doing it (officially, that is).

Water, water, water. I'm drowning but still keep drinking it too!!
Closed Thread