South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 03:07 PM   #1  

Default Got any clever South Beach hints or tips?

I thought it would be interesting to compile ideas to make South Beach easier or tastier.

Here's mine:

I always like to have hard boiled eggs in the fridge for quick snacks or to throw on top of salads, but typically would forget to make them. Now, when I go to the grocery store, I always buy at least one dozen eggs specifically for hard-boiled eggs. When I get home, the first thing I do is put those eggs on the stove to cook. THEN I unpack the rest of the groceries and tidy up the kitchen. By the time I'm done putting away and tidy-ing, the eggs are done cooking. Voila, hard boiled eggs, all the time!
Old 01-12-2005, 03:14 PM   #2  
~*~Tara~*~

S/C/G: 240/234/150

Height: 5' 7"

1. For taste, I season everything! McCormick's has a line of salt free, sugar free seasoning mixes that I keep on hand. I sprinkle them on just about everything I make.

2. Hide veggies you are not fond of in your salads. I dislike spinach, cauliflower and a bunch of others, but if I toss that into my salad bowl, I find I don't really notice them there.

3. Pre-cook as much as you can and freeze. For quick breakfasts, I make a quiche on Sunday night and slice it up throughout the week.
Closed Thread