Old 01-10-2005, 07:42 AM   #1  

Cool LCFS Week of Januray 9th 2005

Good morning everyone!

Hope you all had a great weekend. Yesterday we had to go shopping so that DH could get some black pants for his new job. He has to wear all black, pants, belt, socks, and shoes. They supply the shirts, which are red, and he only got 2. I can see more laundry days in my future! He works very irregular hrs. He doesn't know whether or not he likes it yet. When he's come home I've asked him if he likes it any better and he always He has a 90 day trial period, so possibly by then he'll know better.

Yesterday morning DH got up early and put SS cinnamon bread mix in the bread machine. OMG it smelled sooooo good when I got up. The whole house smelled like cinnamon. There was more cinnamon smell than taste. But, it was good. DH took what was left of the rye bread and gave it to the birds. We do have 1 box of whole wheat, which we're going to try to make a pizza crust out of.

Anne, how was work last week with ? I have seen quite a few Ontario license plates down here and I always think of you and Lynn. Is your computer fixed yet? If not, hope it's fixed really soon. How did SS go last week?

Nikki, I've gotten all the ingredients for the hashbrown soup. When I went shopping on Fri. I was at the register when I realized I had forgotten the hash browns. So, I got them yesterday while we were out. I'll let you know if DH eats the whole pot.

Lynn, have you started your Curves challenge yet? I bought Leslie's book off Amazon. There was an article by her in Womans Day magazine about her 6 week walking program. It sounds really good. I just may do this. As a matter of fact I'm starting this morning with her 1 mile WATP tape. You do that for 6 days, or walk outside for 1 mile. Then you graduate to the 2 mile walk, and so on and so on until you're walking 4 miles by the 6th week. It looks doable.

I want to get my exercise done before breakfast, and since I'm not hungry yet, this will be a good time. Hope you all have a great Monday.

Talk to you later,
Aleka
Old 01-10-2005, 08:13 AM   #2  

Good Morning Ladies!!!
Aleka, no my computer is still fryed. I sent Best Buy an email today
from the office asking what I need to supply them with, how long I can
expect to wait for the repairs etc. I tried various things on the weekend and
its no use...... The diet is going pretty good. I am writing down my reasons that I would like to succeed and I will make a point of reading them over
at least once a day.
I am hoping I won't see today. Mondays are never good days for her.
Are any days good for her

Hi Nikki, any more snow? We are going to be going through a warming
trend this week so at least we should be getting rid of the snow until the
next round...

Hi Lynn, hope all is going well with you. I bet like me, you are looking forward
to the warming trend.

Talk to you guys later.
Anne.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:30 AM   #3  

Good morning,
Hey, here's a link to Leslie Sansones article in WD

http://www.womansday.com/article.asp...rticle_id=9413

if you want to read it.
Aleka, how'd the walk go? I am still doing 3 miles a morning and think I"ll have to add another mile in at night. I get pretty tired by the time 3 miles is over with.

Anne, we are expecting freezing rain and snow mix for the next 2 days, then an artic blast will come down and we will have highs of -5. I"m so glad we got the wood last week and the propane tank filled up. I think the convertible has a radiator leak though, so I'm using the Cadillac to get around. The big problem with the Cadillac is, when there is any kind of freeze, the doors feeze shut so hard, I can't get them open, even with a hair dryer. The other vehicles aren't like that. Do any of you guys have any suggestions to get a car door open or to keep it from freezing (short of building a garage? ).

I"ve had some real problems with my neck and upper back the past couple of days. Yesterday, I could barely turn my head. I thought I better go to the chiropractor today, but I woke up this morning and now there is only a little twinge left, so guess I'm ok. Wish DH was a chiropractor, I'd have him popping my back every morning.

Got to run to the PO while the roads are still dry, take care, Nikki
Old 01-10-2005, 03:51 PM   #4  

Hi All: It is cold and very windy here today and I was just out with the dog and it is snowing. Thanks for the site on Leslies article I print
Old 01-10-2005, 04:10 PM   #5  

Hi All: Just a quick post, I have spent all day fixing a problem with my computer. I print 3-4 crossword puzzles everyday for DH. This morning when I went to the site I had to follow links to the "new better site". When I got there I had to download a program to bring up the puzzles. A hour later it is done but eveything is running so slow I thought this is crap I will find a new site and remove the program. That is were the trouble started. My computer would keep freezing and I would have to shut down after a very long time it was completed. I then went to go on the web and went into my favorites and there are about 20 sites there that this program had added. I than ran spybot and I had just done it so knew what was there and the program had added about 40+ tracking cookies so I got rid of them> I am definately pi--ed off. My Curves challenge starts on the 17th. Good thing too because I can't make myself do anything. I think I am in a bit of a funk and have to get my butt in gear. I just saw the start of my post that disappeared and Yahoo instant message came up. I will never download anything again, my computer is acting weird. I hope the warming trend is here for the weekend as we have to go to DD's to puppy sit while they go away for a wedding. Well it is 4:10 and I haven't taken anything out for dinner so will get going talk to you later
Old 01-11-2005, 07:26 AM   #6  

Hi everyone!

Lynn, is your computer running any better? Hope you got everything straightened out. It's been really warm here, it's been in the low 80's for the past 3 or 4 days. But, it's getting cooler again and we're supposed to have 3 days of rain.

Nikki, thanks for the link. I printed it out so that I wouldn't have to go hunt for the article in the magazine when I want to refresh my memory. The walking went good. I plan on doing it again this morning. Glad the problems with your neck and back worked themselves out. There was only one time I've ever had the car door freeze on me, and thankfully I was home. Naturally I was on my way to work and was running late. I boiled some water and let it cool a minute and poured it down the side of the door, making sure not to get any on the window. You're probably not supposed to do that because DH was a little miffed at me, but that was the only thing I could think of. Hey...it worked!

Anne, sorry that your computer is still fried. Hope you can get it fixed soon. Did you get a reply from Best Buy yet? Glad that your diet is going well. That's a great idea of writing down why you want to succeed and reading them everyday. It will really give you the motivation to keep going.

DH is working until midnight tonight. Then tomorrow he goes in at 10:00 am. The worst part about these crazy hrs. is, we're going to bed 2-3 hrs. later than we're used to, but we're still getting up at our normal time. I told him that if he's working until midnight tonight, that a nap would be in order this afternoon.

Have a good day everyone.
Aleka
Old 01-11-2005, 07:54 AM   #7  

Good Morning All:
We are in for freezing rain tonight
Aleka I still have not heard from Best Buy, I am hoping perhaps today.......
I know how if feels when your sleep schedule gets mixed up....Its awful.
Our son David sometimes pulls these all nighters and we have to get up
because he doesn't have any concept of danger.

Lynn sorry to hear your computer is acting up too. I think the problem with
mine has to do with the music sites etc. my 20 year old son is on.

Hi Nikki, hope your neck is still feeling a-ok.

I was watching the news last night and they were discussing low carb
eating etc. www.slowcarbforlife.com This site is really cool. It has links
for a food diary and some swell recipes and pointers.

Have a great day!!
Anne.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:04 AM   #8  

Good morning,
Anne, that is a good thing to do. Another thing I've started to do is to write down my goal weight for the next week on my calendar. Then, I write down what my weight really is (when the day comes around), in another color of pen. I also journal my food, I never did that before. All I do write down a little note about what I ate and how many points. It really helped me to see that I don't eat fruits and veggies like I thought I was. One thing I've found is the biggest thing is, I just have to cut out alcohol. I've really cut back over the last 6 months, but this last few months when I look back to when I've gained weight rather than lost, it's always been a week when I've had a few beers or drinks. Even when I keep within my points for the day, that alcohol causes me to gain faster than anything.

Aleka, send us that heat. We have had a lot of ice during the night. I live on this hill, there have been cars, trucks and semis all over the side of the road. Looked like there was an accident at the bottom of the hill, involving a sand and salt truck and then a couple of semi's tried to turn around and got stuck. They finally got it cleared up, but what a mess. Don't know if anyone was hurt.
I have those spiked shoe covers that slip over your shoes and I was able to walk to the garage with no problem at all. Had to go feed the old cat, who never eats what I give him anyway, but expects to have a plate set in front of his face twice a day none the less.
I'm so glad your starting your walk again, Ali. It is a great way to start the day. I always feel like I have more energy. I've also started to do Body Flex to begin with in the morning. I really can tell I haven't done that in awhile.
Your DH's hours sound awful.
Got to go, Stripe keeps sitting on top of my arms, forcing me to hold him and pushing his head under my hands when I type, trying to get me to pet him. Guess even little devils need love.
Later, Nikki
Old 01-12-2005, 07:20 AM   #9  

Good Morning Ladies:
A horrible morning here in Toronto. We are having freezing rain and I
nearly fell on my I was lucky and was able to catch myself
before I went down. Problem is my lower back is feeling the jerk
I am hoping today will be slower at work. Yesterday was nuts.

Aleka, I bet there are plenty of folks from Ontario in Florida right now They
are the smart ones!!!!
I still haven't heard from Best Buy, I am hoping today will be the day!

Nikki, good for you starting Body Flex again I felt so much better
and had far greater flexibility when I was doing those exercises. Hated that
pretzel though I want to get started with that as well. I will wait a
week or two until my eating program is well established. So far so good.

Hows the computer Lynn? Hope you are safe with this freezing rain.

Anne.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:18 AM   #10  

Good morning,

DH was supposed to work until midnight. I stayed up because he usually calls me when he's on his way home. That way I can open up the chain link gate we have across our driveway and turn the outside lights on. He didn't call until 12:30 and it was almost 1:00 before he got home. I was really tired, but when I laid down I was wide awake. I saw 3:00 roll around and that's all I remember. I was awake around 6:30 and got up around 7:00. Surprisingly I don't feel too..too bad. I'll probably feel it later in the day. Today he's got normal hrs. He's going in at 10:00 am.

I have been somewhat active on another 3fc BB for the past 5 yrs. I post over there on and off. One of the women I've become friendly with winters in the next town north of us. So, we have set a lunch date for this afternoon. This will be the first time we've ever met in person. I'm looking forward to it.

Anne, I am so sorry about your back. Hopefully you won't be too busy to aggrivate it even more. If it's bothering you when you get home put a heating pad on it. Whenever my back is bothering me I usually lie face down on the bed with the heating pad on my back. I usually fall asleep, and I know you're not supposed to do that. My back usually feels a lot better after I take the heating pad off. I hope your back is feeling better soon.

Nikki, have you heard anymore about that accident as to anyone getting hurt? That must've been quite a sight to see. The Christmas before last I bought those cleats for your shoes for DH. We lived on a private road, which we had to maintain. When it got icy it stayed that way because the town didn't sand our street. Our mailbox was at the end of our street, about 400' away from our house and he used to walk down to get the mail. There were a number of times he' fall on his rear coming or going. Stripes sounds like a little devil. We had a cat once that would only give me any recognition whenever I'd either pick up a newspaper or book to read. Then she would get in my lap between me and whatever I was reading. Lacee is behind me in the chair as I'm posting. I am sitting on the very edge, and she keeps kicking me. Apparently 3/4 of the chair isn't enough for her.

Lynn, how are you doing?

Have a great day.
Aleka
Old 01-12-2005, 11:39 AM   #11  

GoodMorning All: The freezing rain is here also. I heard it on the news at 6 and went out and picked up the few things we needed and we can stay hunkered down in here as long as it takes. Went to Curves yesterday and got the book for the weight loss challenge and did the program. I finally got my butt out the door and am back on track. Today I will do the WATP tape 2 m. I have decided that I will do something everyday. I took the test in the Curves book and I should be on a low-carb diet so will be starting out on that. Monday I get measured and away I go. DH is going to do a modified version as he says his pants are "snug" he has worn the same size since I met him 36 years ago. He has had to cut down over the years but looses the weight so fast I want to chock him I can't get the smilies to work. I am going to go exercise and get back on later. Ali, have a great lunch how nice to meet someone after all that time. Be back later
Old 01-12-2005, 12:00 PM   #12  

Hi,
No one was badly hurt in that pile up at the bottom of the hill. Down the road some, there was another accident and when the woman and son got out of the car to try to get help, she was hit by another car and killed. Poor woman and poor son who saw it. Really horrible driving conditions lately, just suppose to get worse now, more ice, then 6 inches of snow, then -10 by tomorrow and strong winds. They are already warning that the power lines might come down later.

Anne, I think BF is great for the lower abs as well as many other muscles in the body. I know as I'm losing weight, my tummy is starting to need more help to get back (if that is possible) into place. I'm thinking all these ab exercises have to help some. It might not be as good as a tummy tuck, but can't hurt.
Hope your back feels better soon. I hate when that happens.
I have a Total Gym that I never use. I was going to sell it, then I saw a story on tv the other day about a woman that uses a slant board to lay down backwards on with her head down (like an inversion board). She said she did this twice a day for 10 minutes. So, I dusted off the old Total Gym and set it up like an inversion board and started to invert myself twice a day. I can't tell you how much better my back feels after I've done this. The force of gravity pulls the vertebrae in the opposite direction when your inverted and you won't believe the amount of popping and cracking I heard the first time I did it.

Aleka, have a great time at your lunch this afternoon. How wonderful for you guys.
You were talking the other day about drinking green tea, have you started to do that? I decided to try some yesterday, since I have a cupboard full of tea, lots of different kinds of green tea. I tried Liptons Green Tea with orange, passionfruit and jasmine and that is really good. I think, I could easily get addicted to it. I haven't had a cup of coffee since, just more green tea. It tastes kind of sweet, but there isn't any sweetner in it, it's the orange I think.

Lynn, good luck with Curves diet plan. I have that book and I like the plan. The only thing I couldn't do was the shake. It's not as bad as some I've had, but it's not Baskin Robbins either.
That's very good that your DH will be doing it (sort of) with you. Mine is now depressed and eating everything in sight. I'm not having any problems with cravings right now, so having bad food in the house isn't bothering me. But, there is a French Silk Pie in the fridge and if I wasn't in the right frame of mind, I'd eat it all. He will eat it all now. He says he doesn't care about being healthy or exercising anymore. Kind of a downer when your partner is not on the same page. Eventually, he'll snap out of it, he always does.
Got to clean some fish tanks, talk to you all later, Nikki
Old 01-13-2005, 07:25 AM   #13  

Good Morning All:
Weather is greatly improved today but apparantly it is only going to last
the day. I will go for a big walk outside at lunch today and take advantage
of the 1 day spring weather My back and neck feel fine today. I
took a hot bath before bed and that did the trick.

Aleka, hope you had a great time at lunch. That is wonderful to meet
someone that you have spoken to for years

Lynn, men always seem to lose faster. It is frustrating isn't it. Enjoy our
heat wave today

Nikki, how horrible for that poor lady who was trying to help You never
never know do you? The weather has been nuts all over the place lately The
problem here is even when the roads are icy people won't slow down. There
was several hundred accidents yesterday.

Have a great day guys.
Anne.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:45 AM   #14  

Good morning,

I had a wonderful time at lunch yesterday. We're going to do it again sometime. She had my avatar photo to go by, but I had no idea what she looked like. Luckily she was there before me and saw me coming across the parking lot. I wish the 4 of us could meet sometime.

Anne, glad that your back and neck are feeling better. Your walk this afternoon sounds like a good idea. That's nice you're having a bit of January thaw. That's what we always called warm temps in January. In FL we have Januray thaw every day!

Nikki, that poor woman who was killed, and that poor child who saw it. Are you getting those frigid temps today? Yes, I've started drinking green tea in the morning. I usually drink 1 in the morning then another one in the afternoon or evening, or both. I put Splenda in my tea, I can't stand the bitter taste plain. I the green tea you discribed sounds yummy. I think I'll find some of it and try it. I'll try drinking it without the Splenda. I don't like the fact I'm having so much artifical sweetener.

Lynn, good luck with your Curves diet plan. I also have the book. When I took the test I was between calorie counting and carb counting. How long does the challenge last and does the person who loses the most get some sort of reward? Freezing rain is nasty. I hated driving in it. I would much rather drive in snow than freezing rain.

DH is off today and we're off to Sarasota to do some shopping.
Have a great day.
Aleka
Old 01-13-2005, 09:34 AM   #15  

Good Morning ALL: We are very warm and foggy today. Last night we had the most incrediable lightning storm. I unpluged the computer. This weather is so unpredicable. By this evening it will be below 0', today it will be between 55-60. Was listeniing to a show this morning on hormones and weight loss or lack of. Anyway the person interviewed said hormonal women should take something called 5HTP found in health food stores. It will apparentley help with the carb cravings. I am going to check it out. Yesterday I didn't go to Curves because of the ice so I did WATP 3M for abs. I was sweating buckets when I finished but I finished I am feeling pretty good about that. Today I am going to go to Curves and maybe do a 2M tape Anne did you get the fog? enjoy your walk I might do that to but yesterday it was so icy all day I had to walk the dog up the middle of the road. Traning a dog to go ona walk has its down side in weather like this. Did your Mom and sister get a dog yet? Ali, who knows I can see us meeting in the future. We will, if DH gets his way be wintering in Florida some day. Enjoy your shopping day. We are getting strong winds today also Nikki, The weather is so weird. Well I guess I should start the day. Talk to you all later