South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 06:06 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default HUMP Day Chat - January 12

Good morning, Chatty Chickies! The coffee is made and the woodstove is crackling away so pull up a chair and sit and chat a bit.

The dentist trip went well yesterday. Driving was fine which is good as we expect freezing rain today! I did a huge shop for groceries at the Superstore in town - lots of lovely veggies and whole grain stuff. The problem is lugging it all in from the car and putting it away, of course. Harry waited until I'd done all that and was ready to relax before telling me we were out of wood. Today I need to really fill up that woodbox as the crappy weather will make outside work the pits! I'll do that job and also get gas for the car as soon as it gets bright here.

Excuse me but I need to cook some Red River cereal for breakfast. I hope I still like it. If not, The Girls will eat anything!

What's happening at your house this morning?
Old 01-12-2005, 06:40 AM   #2  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Moring;
Quick drive by, girls will be here any minute. Wanted to get bills paid before they hit the door. Gym sometime today. Hope this morning. Have to see if dd is going today or not. Will cruise by later.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:45 AM   #3  

Good Morning ladies!

Ruth, it sure sounds like whatever weather I have gets sent your way. We have been getting freezing rain since yesterday afternoon and expect more and some more snow on top before the day is over. I am sitting here wondering if they are going to cancel school, but I bet they won't. They have 25 minutes to decide.

-IF- we have school today, I actually get to go back. I am missing my kids and hate being stuck at home when I know I have a TON of work to do there. Yesterday would have been the day in my schedule where I only have one class and have time to shelve and mend books and do other clerical things in the library as well as updating the lab, etc. I had to stay home with this stupid eye thing though. Maybe I will hope for a snow day and go in anyway and get some work done! Oh well, I guess I will get caught up someday!

Things are going pretty well as far as SBD is concerned. DH and DB were just commenting that this is pretty easy (still on Phase I) since we don't have any non-program foods in the house. I know that all three of us have at least lost 10 pounds. I laughed because DH cooked last night and he made "green bean broccoli suprise"... we didn't have enough frozen of each so he combined them and added some cheese, hehe. Sometimes he is so cute.
He also made "sorta chicken cordon bleu" by grilling chicken breasts and then adding a slice of turkey bacon, some very thin ham slices and swiss cheese to the top and melting it. It was an awesome dinner, and yes, I am spoiled!

Well, I hope everyone has a fabulous day! Everyone that has cold and icky weather think warm sunny thoughts! Take care!

Nally
Old 01-12-2005, 06:50 AM   #4  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

So glad we're at the midpoint of the workweek. I'm just not motivated. I think the holidays made me lazy. All I want to do is play. Ruth, that woodstove sounds awfully inviting. ~~sigh~~ I'll bring my knitting.

Last night I had a harrowing experience...actually I had three. All within about 4 minutes. I was driving to my knitting group and was on a 6 lane divided road...a very BUSY full of traffic road. The first thing that happened was that a dark skinned man, dressed in dark clothing decided to dash from the center median right in front of me to cross the street! If it hadn't been for the glare of the oncoming headlights silhouetting him, he'd have been road pizza.

Then, not 2 minutes later, a car veered from the far right lane, cut me off to get into the left turn lane. My heartrate hadn't returned to normal yet when I was making my turn into the restaurant parking lot and a minivan came zooming out of nowhere without their headlights. OMG!! If I'd wanted to drive demolition derby, I'd move to freakin' Talladega!! What is with these maroons!?!?!?!

So, instead of my beloved mushroom soup, I opted for a glass of wine. I'd have had a Kamikaze in honor of my fellow motorists on "UN"Pleasant Hill Road, but the restaurant doesn't have a liquor license.

Still holding steady on the weight. I'm hoping the Whoosh Fairy will come visit soon. Hopefully before the end of the month.

Well, you chicks have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 01-12-2005, 07:29 AM   #5  
A Lily from my yard!

Good Morning Chickadees! Well it looks like our 70 degree temps are coming to a screeching halt by Sat. Just what I need lungs full of cold air! We have to go to a meeting on Sat. about our DD goin to play soccer in Australia over the summer as a sports ambassador or something to that effect. Her and DD know all the details I'm just the one who will take her. Man I have the best job! teehee! I think my MIL said if DD got to go she was going as well. We'll see!

Ruth... Be careful out there. Y'all should move south for the winter! lol My Mom told me a few weeks ago that she saw some Canadian Chickadees outside her window. I told her it was those beach chickadees flyin south for the winter.

Mamacita....OMG Well maybe all the Atlanta crazy peeps were on your road lastnight! lol Glad you made it safe and well probably not so sound though huhh! lol

Nally... Maybe you'll get caught up today if there is no school!

Chipper.. Hope you have a good workout!

Me... I have a million things to do I am so far behind on everything. I just hope I feel like getting going today! I woke up at 3 this burning up and never really got back to sleep. My room does not get hot so I know it was me. Besides I have the heat off due to our heat wave. Well I'm sure several chicks have pecked in by now. So Good morning to you all and have a great day!
Old 01-12-2005, 07:39 AM   #6  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

K, back for guideness. Then off to the gym. We are going to TGIF on Sat. for lunch. I have looked on line. I am getting in the atkins menu, grilled chicken w/ broccoli and the low carb cheese cake. The main dish, I will ask for a box when I order to cut the order in half and I can have that half for dinner. I just thought of something. I will have to ask what the crust is made of for the cheesecake. I will be starting ph2 on Sat. DH just told me I could scrape off the crust of the cheesecake. He can't beleive I am doing so well on SB. I am down another 2 lbs. But, official weigh in is Sat. I have to take my book back to the libarary tomorrow. But, in ph 2 I add a good carb and fruit once a day, correct? Then slowly add more each week?
Well, off to get shoes on and head to the gym. DH is watching the littles ones.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:59 AM   #7  

I just started low-carb on Monday and decided to follow South Beach on Thursday. I was wondering if I could join your group. I don't know how long I will last with South Beach, as I feel like I am starving to death. I'm committed to two weeks anyway to give it a decent chance. I've dropped 6 lbs since 1/3 and have lost 3 inches from my waist. How long have you been following this plan? Thanks in advance for your insight.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:11 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Welcome, Gypsymama.

There is no reason to feel you are starving on this plan. Remember it is not a low carb plan after the first two weeks. Even on Phase I, you can have carbs like those found in legumes. HAve you checked out the Phase I food list in the FAQ Section? It is the revised list and includes many things not in the book - like milk and yogurt.

Could you post what you are eating so the chicks can give it a boo and make suggestions?

As to rate of loss, it varies. This plan is a lifestyle change and 2 pounds a week is good after the initial phase.

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 01-12-2005 at 09:55 AM. Reason: clarification of legumes comment
Old 01-12-2005, 08:19 AM   #9  
A Lily from my yard!

Welcome to the beach Gypsymama! We hope you stick around!
Old 01-12-2005, 08:31 AM   #10  

Good morning everyone, sorry to have been missing in action but life has just gotten busy and also like someone else said I have gotten a little lazy over the holidays. Well it is a balmy 73 degrees here in Bermuda. I am sorry to rub it in, but sometimes I still can't believe I am actually here. Life is good.. A girlfriend and I started phase 1 again on Monday, I am actually following the recipes which I have never done in the past. Whew... It is a lot of work but the food is really good... Not much else going on on must go see some sick people... Have a good day everyone.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:26 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

73F!!!!!!! Grrrrrr! We are in the middle of freezing rain! It just started a few minutes ago. The 401 (our Ontario Interstate) is closed, so they say.

A nice thing happened when I went for gas and the paper: Kevin was there and followed me home and filled the wood bin to the very top for me! Schools are closed so he has kids home and has definitely decided not to work today. He was to do roofing! What a sweetie! Now don't get any ideas, Chickies! He's about 46, has a major beer gut, plumbers cleavage and only a couple of teeth which are broken! He's not on my Third Husband List!

So, we're housebound for the day. I think I'll tackle laundry and maybe do a major sort and pitch in my pantry closet.

We now return to regular programming.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:33 AM   #12  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

*** RNMom ***
It took me 18 months to lose the 86 pounds. I actually lost 95 pounds in the 18 months, but I've put 10 pounds on in the last three years. I lost my first 50 in exactly one year, and I lost 45 pounds in the 6 months. I've been maintaining for the most part, but like I said, I've let some creep back on. I was (and still am) doing weight watchers. But with my wedding coming up, I want to get down to my goal weight, so I decided to kick start my weight loss with SBD.

Ruth - we're having freezing rain in Boston too. UGH! Legumes are only for Phase II? Whoops! I've been eating beans. Should I be waiting for Phase II?

Chipper - have a great workout!

Nally - that's awesome y'all are doing well. 10 pounds? Wow... is that in one week?

mamcita - ooh, drive carefully. I'm glad you got home safe. Some people on the road are just crazy!

Bamie - I'm so jealous of your heat wave. I miss the South and the mild winters so bad!!

Gypsymama - WELCOME. I'm only on week one, but I lost over 6 pounds. I'm not hungry at all, but for the first week I was craving crabs BIG TIME. But yesterday, there were donuts in the cube yesterday and I didn't even want one.

Bostonchick - Bermuda? You live in Bermuda? I'm SOOO jealous. Hey, I'm in Boston. Are you from there origianlly? I lived in Allston for 6 years, and I just move to Newton this summer.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:39 AM   #13  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Good morning Ladies!

Not much going on here today. Was hoping school would be cancelled so I wouldn't have to get out on the ice to take ds to school. UGH! Again, every other school around us is cancelled and we are going. We made it without a problem. Today we're expecting freezing rain, then rain, then snow. Talk about some weird weather!!

Ruth~You sound like you have a super busy day. I remember having to carry in wood, etc.. I hated it! LOL

Chipper~Hope you have a great day! Bills paid already? I need to do that as well, I suppose later will do just fine.

Nally~I LOVE Chicken Cordon Bleu! DH makes a great one!! That sounds kinda good, I"ll have to get the stuff out and maybe talk dh into cooking this weekend. GL on your first day back to school if you get to go. Glad your eye is feeling better. Great job on the weight loss!

Mamacita~I had the same experience yesterday afternoon with the same guy!! TWICE! HE ran through 2 intersections and almost hit me. I was freaking out! Kamakazi...sounds great to me! HAHA

Bamiegirl~That's great about your dd. An experience like that would be awesome!

Gypsymama~ WELCOME!! Glad you joined us here! There's no need to go hungry. You have lots of options. Be sure to ask any question you might have and check out all the great information on the FAQ board. It has answered a TON of my questions and the updated food list is great! I have the book and there's several things not listed that are on the updated list. WTG on the 6# weight loss and the 3inch loss! That's fantastic!

Bostonchick~I wish I was in sunny Bermuda with 73 degrees...

As for me...I will be on the treadmill again tonight as well as some sit-ups. I am so out of shape it's not even funny. Day 3..here we go!

~*~ Have a FANTASTIC day ladies ~*~
Old 01-12-2005, 09:48 AM   #14  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning all!

Yeah! I'm down 4 pounds! Woo Hoo. It must be the cutting back on portions. I posted later last night that I was having issues with portion creeping and last couple of days I cut way back on portion sizes. My body fat % has also gone down. Now I feel guilty for not exercising lately!

Ruth - You sly fox!

Mama- EEEKS! sounds like a Michigan drivers!

Naly - YUM! That Chicken Cordon Bleu sounds yummy!

Chipper - A lot of times low carb cheesecake crusts are made of nuts! I use pecans or almonds for mine. I don't make it that often though because I eat too much even though it is OP!

Gypsy - welcome! Good luck! This is a great group.

Bami - did you read my late post last night. I had a DATE!

Everyone else! Hi and have an OP day!
Old 01-12-2005, 09:53 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Sorry, Tilley. I didn't phrase that properly. Legumes are allowed on Phase I. I'll go back and edit my post.
Closed Thread