Old 01-12-2005, 07:34 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives #12 WEDNESDAY ~~HUMP DAY!!~~

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight

Gretchen, wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Stephanie, sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).
Old 01-12-2005, 07:42 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Good Morning

How is everyone doing? I slept about the same last night. I'm in such terrible pain right now with my pubic bone. It's gotten worse because she has dropped. Tylenol doesn't seem to help either. But not that I needed anything to effect the sleep I was getting, but it makes it worse.

Jill, so glad things are getting back to normal for you. It's terrible to have such a sick child along with school and life. Let us know how Bayley's update goes today. And bite your tongue...I've only got 20 days left or less.

Penny, sorry your tummy was upset. Hope you got some rest.

Hello to Roxy, Chris, Deana, Geri, Stephanie, Mel, Michelle, Jeniqua, Sherry and all you other desperate housewives.
I'm staying home today so we'll school and I'll get caught up on laundry and get the house picked up and I've been trying to clean out some empty drawers and closet space for Allison so I'll continue with that. Anyways, I'll try to check in later. Hope everyone has a great day.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 07:58 AM   #3  

Good morning everyone!

Crystal, I'm so glad all went well at the doctors. I bet you were glad to hear that there was progress. SOrry, to hear you had a blow out....just what you needed right?

Penny, I hope you belly is feeling better this a.m. Are you going to the gym today? Nice chatting with you yesterday...as always.

Chris, how r u doing today? How's the soreness in your arms and hands?

Jeniqua, I'm so proud of you. You are doing wonderful this week. It's amazing what you can do when you don't have the kids with you or just when you have a little help. Funny, about the kids not listening to you only dh. I know what you mean. Although, with certain things it's the other way around, because daddy is such a sap. They know when I mean business.

Roxy, Hot spots huh, I don't have any of those......lol....yeah right! I can imagine you have them with 10 children. If I had ten, I'd need to hire someone to as a live in to help keep up. You are awesome.

Deana, still a loss babe! Congrats. I know it's small, but in light of what you said about the holidays and all that terrific. You'll be back on track now and you'll be down so much more next month! Your pic looked wonderful, in case I didn't tell you!

Stephanie, glad you can work out with Penny. I'm sure it's great to have company and a partner. So glad you joined this group. Have a great day!

Michelle, feeling any better today? I know you were really tired yesterday. With your work schedule, it's hard I know to feel rested all the time. My db has a similar schedule with driving a truck. Water water water today!

Geri, sorry everyone is sick and that you feel like you've fallen off the wagon. You know what they say. If you fall off, just get back on! We are here for you!

Gretchen, how r u this morning? How was curves? How often do you think you will go?Does the curves by you have childcare? None around here do.

Jill, I'm so glad Bayley is feeling better. If it's an consolation, when Bugga was born and in the NICU, he came home with a ton of bruises and tape marks all over him too. He also had Iv's in his head. Not pleasant, but It's the best vein. They don't collapse as quickly as the arms and legs. I think the head ones lasted two days where the arms everyday or sometimes where switched twice a day. Shots at the doctors office will seem like nothing now. Poor little bayley. I could just hug her. Ok, so drink you water today and get in some low impact exercise to start yourself off. You can do it girl.

Kristin, how r u today? Hope you are doing well.

Well, everyone I was sooooooo tempted to get on that darn scale, but I am not going to upset myself. I will wait until Friday. Yesterday I only ate about 600-700 calories. I wasn't hungry much and it's not like I didn't eat, it's just the type I ate. Oatmeal for breakfast 140 cals, lunch tuna sandwich, 260, soup for dinner, 200, and 12 cheez it's, 75. so that's 675. Certainly enough to eat. I burned off almost all my calories lol. Don't think that'l happen again, but hey, I felt good about it. BBL after the gym.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:33 AM   #4  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good morning ladies!

Kinda flying by this morning. Kids just left for school, dh and dd are still sleeping and it's really quiet so I want to get in some paint time.....lol. I know, I should be doing something for myself but it's just soooooo relaxing and I have 1 butterfly project in there I'm trying to finish. Gonna go to Curves again today, dd has preschool and dh goes back to work tonight for 2 nights. Then he's off all weekend .

Jill, glad things are somewhat getting back to normal. Jeniqua, how funny about the names! Thank you for the kudos on my vases! Penny, hope you're feeling better this morning.

to everyone else. I'll get back here later today to see what everyone's up to today.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:56 AM   #5  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good Morning Everyone!
Well it's a beautiful morning here. We have snow coming down! Overnight we had 3" it's still snowing so , who knows what we'll end up with! I'm not even going to apologize for say this. I love snow! I could never live in Florida. I was up late talking to my Sis (in Florida) she thinks her house has a ghost. Well, maybe... her antique treadle sewing machine was going all by itself for 20 seconds without anyone in the room. I think her son spun it as he was leaving the room and she just caught the tail end of the motion.She said there was no way that that could be, cause she tried doing that. She was very freaked out. I told her that I'd take the sewing machine (it was my grand mother's) I'm not afraid of ghosts! Maybe the ghost would do my mending, I have an ongoing pile. I just heard of a lady who sold her ghost on Ebay for a neat bundle, $50,000, I could use the money if it really does sew by itself!

Crystal-I go through that pelvic pain ever time too. The pelvis softens in order to accomodate the babies head. Mine clicks! About 6-7 months later it doesn't click anymore and I know that it's strengthened up. I is very sore though. Are you doing your pelvic rocks? These really have helped me. It also takes weight and tension off the spinal column. Have a good day, drink your water and don't overdo!

Mel-gee! is that enough calories for as hard as you are working out? I don't know for you, but it doesn't sound like very many! I'd be starvin!!!! You are working so hard that scale of yours must be broken or something. Your pics look great and you've got to be seeing a difference in your clothing. Right?

Penny-does your tummy feel better today? Have fun working out today. Maybe that pain will go away.

Deana-hey e.t. isn't it great when the house is quiet! I relish those times! Yes, what a selfish beast I am! SO! Enjoy your painting, they are really turning out nice and I hope they do well over the weekend!

Someone just woke up here and needs attention, so I'll be back in a little...

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 10:14 AM   #6  

Roxy, normally I eat much more calories than that. I wasn't hungry and I did eat 3 meals and a snack. It was just the choice of foods. FYI, my clothing has gone down 2 sizes since september. Ghosts huh,,,,,I didn't know that someone could sell a ghost on ebay...I think we had one as a kid in our house. Didn't bother me...who knows.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:37 AM   #7  
a.k.a. Roxy

I already know all about ghosts! I have 'em too! Who left out the milk? Nobody! Who ate the last goody? Nobody! Who messed up the bathroom? Nobody! I tell ya they are rampant around here!

~Roxy :yipe:
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 11:16 AM   #8  
**Kristin**

Morning Ladies Checking in from g-ma's! Thanks for asking how I am doing! I need a slap in the face currently. I am being such a tard, and not eating right when I am here. It like "oh im not at home, I should just eat what I see first" WRONG! So water only for me....and I am going to try and make some inventory of the fridge, etc to see what there is for me to eat. They have lots of healthy stuff, its just that g-ma gets whatever she wants and so I am just eating what she does, which isn't good at all! Lets just say that a box of icecream bars lasted 2 days. She has like 2 a day and yesterday so did I! I am ready to get my butt in gear though. Today I had a bowl of cereal and now I am going to pile on the water until lunch and then decide what to have then. I am exhausted, I am not getting enough sleep at night since I am not used to getting up by 6am. I feel like I am getting nothing done at home either. Oh well, I am sure that I will adjust....sadly enough, I will adjust just in time for this to be all over, as she is going down hill pretty fast! Not sure how long I can take care of her by myself. time will tell........

You all crack me up....I hear ya about the ghosts Roxy..my "ghosts" are responsible for the mess at my place too!

Well ladies, I am going to try and get my ebay stuff done, and get sydney dressed. Then hopefully gram will wake up so I can get her dressed for the day. Have a good day all! Welcome to Steph! Penny is so sweet, I am jealous that you have a 3fc friend in your town!

I could talk forever but I shouldn't! Maybe this afternoon I can come back and get personal! We'll see! ..Love you guys, TTYL!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 11:19 AM   #9  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning ladies...
Jill-It's great to see a post from you. Things will be back to normal at your house before you know it. I remember my first trip into the Ped. ICU when Tiana was around Bayley's age. She had gotten dehydrated from a flu bug and they admitted her for fluids but then she couldn't walk...so they kept her and did and EEG, and finally had to put her under for an MRI. She didn't come out of that so well. They had to put her in ICU and had her on a respirator. I remember I went home to get cleaned up a bit while her dad was there and when I came back I saw this lone little body laying in the bed. I thought she was dead. All these people were surrounding this other bed in there. OH I was horrified and so p.o.ed. I didn't even recognize my parents around her. It took me the longest time to figure out that I was looking at a child size CPR dummy. Tiana was in the other bed with all the people around her. DUH!

Melissa-I would have to say your starving yourself. For the amount of working out your doing, you're body has got to be holding on to every ounce of body fat it can. I talked to a WW leader and she told me that I wasn't even taking in enough calories for the amount of exercise I was doing. I was eating around 1,100. I have been digging into my flexpoints to see what happens.

Crystal-AHH, the pelvic pain and pressure. I remember it well. That's why I was praying that Nicole would come early. She hung in for 2 extra weeks to just let me know who's the boss I guess. The midwife gave me a rib belt to put on to kind of hold her up a bit so it wouldn't hurt so bad. It did help. Both Kayla and Nicole came out with a round bruise on their head about the size of a softball because they were riding so low in my pelvis.

Penny-Is your tummy feeling better? I'm assuming you're was from a bug or something. Mine is till hurting. Those pilate exercises kicked my butt. I'm feeling it this morning for sure.

Deana-Those vases are beautiful. I bet they look even better in real life. I wish I were more crafty. I do some sewing and I like to scrapbook (I steal my sister's ideas for that), and my new thing will maybe be crocheting. I don't know how but I bought a beginner's book with lessons in it.

Gretchen-How are you feeling this morning? So Do you like Curves? I'm going to try to talk my husband in to at least getting a family membership to the Y. Maybe I can get him to go exercise with me. Tiana wants to use the swimming pool.

Stephanie-How's your morning going? How's the little kiddos? I just have to tell you that I think Ella is such a pretty name for a baby. Its an old- fashion name you don't hear anymore. I love it. My sister has a friend who had a little girl and named her Lydia. That's a name you don't hear very often either. Mine all got their names from Prenatal personalities they seemed to have when I was pregnant. Tiana was mellow and I was reading a book about a Cherokee woman named Tiana at the time so that's what she got. Kayla and Nicole were my rowdy pregnancies. DH liked Kayla for a name. He wanted to Nicole's name to be Chantel...I told him heck no, she was too tough to have a Chantel. She's my little roughneck now. We call her Coli for short.

Michelle-Wake up sunshine!!! I know, I know...leave you alone. You were working last night. Just making sure you were still with us. How's Teagan and Taylor? SOOOO....do you have any more snow you're going to send down my way?

Geri, Ricci, Kristin, Tracey (where did you disappear to?), and anyone else I may have missed...Have a great morning. I'll be checking back after a bit to see what's going on.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 11:43 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!

Chris, I didn't work last night but I was up all night reading a book, I couldn't put it down so I read the whole thing lol, It was about 1 am before I went to sleep! Wr're getting snow right now to send over to you lol and it's really coming down!

Roxy, I don't think we have any ghosts in my house but I believe that my grandfather and my uncle have both come to visit my children. I would walk in to a room and see one of them babbling at the wall, like they were talking to a person, I think they came to meet the new baby and to let them know that they would watch over them

Mel, I know some days its so hard to eat more than that! I've had days where I had to choke down food because I didn't eat enough calories lol. You kick butt girly!! Water water!! I've already got 4 oz down LOL! I'll get it all in don't you worry

Crystal, glad your appt went well, sorry bout the blow out!

Kris, Naughty naughty girly!! You should bring some fruits and veggies over to gmas so you have some healthy food around How is syd? I miss chatting with you!!

Jill, how are things hunny bunny? How is Moonface? I hope little Bayley is feeling much better. How's school going? What did your professors have to say when you talked to them?

Penny are you going to the gym today? If so I hope you have a great workout!!

Well I need to go get the day going and take my meds so I can eat soon! I hope you all have a great day!!
Lots of love!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 11:50 AM   #11  

Good morning all!! Had another great work out today. The step class really kicked butt today.
Penny-thanks again for being a great work out bud. Get ready for tomorrow!!
Jill- I am glad your Bayley is doing better. I was telling Penny I had pneumonia when I was around 4. I had the tube inserted in my lungs and had to spend 2 months in the hospital, but I made a full recovery and never had any problems. So I know she too will be just fine!!
I am just glad to be in this group. I wanted to visit more yesterday, but had a terrible headache. Anyway, everyone have a great day.
Carpe diem(sieze the day)
stephi1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 11:54 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Good morning! I just got back from a new Bible study that has begun at our church and I'll be headed back to Curves for my Wednesday workout in a little while. I really tried to pack my workout clothes with me before church, but my one pair of workout pants weren't dry. So I had a bowl of my cabbage soup as an early lunch. For those who asked, I'm feeling much better - the antibiotics have kicked in! Yay!

No, my Curves doesn't have childcare, but I really don't need it anyway since my boys are old enough to stay alone for 30 minutes anyway.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to read about everyone's day yesterday since my internet was out most of the day, so I don't really have too much personal stuff to add today. (Sorry I'll check back later!
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 12:24 PM   #13  

oK, JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS..oops sorry caps....I normally eat 1500 calories with my exercise. Yesterday was a fluke. I am not starving my body...believe me!
Old 01-12-2005, 02:09 PM   #14  
**Kristin**

Hey there again - thought I would just check in! Gma is dressed, had lunch and meds, and sydney is dressed and had lunch and is now down for a nap. I am doing good so far today! bowl of corn bran for breakfast (measured and all ) and for lunch I had a peach, a salad with ff ranch and (whoops) some potato chips, just a handful though...now dinner will be another story, I am so tired these days, that I get home and don't eat, I let dh give himself and dd dinner and I just sit there in a daze, or do laundry or work....so I know that is why I am eating so crappy during the day. I am almost done with my first bottle of water too. I will get better, one step at a time. I can't wait to start working out regularly again, that will help my attitude and motivation alot. Can't get personal now, dd is being way to loud for gma to take a nap! LOL.....gotta run! TTYL!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 03:19 PM   #15  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Kristen,
I know you are doing great! The more of a routine you get into the better it will get!

Gretchen,
Glad you are enjoying Curves! Deana goes there too I believe.

Stephanie,
Thanks for a great workout today! I tell you that fitness instructor Pam is something else... LOL She gets her groove on... I don't even think I have one!

Michelle,
I was hoping that bil's base was close to you but I guess I'll just have to visit Chris instead..... LOL J/J I would love to come to Montana though once they get settled in! Have a great on plan day!

Roxy,
I tell you how funny it is about the ghost and stuff. We had saw a lady sell a grilled cheese on ebay with a picture of the blessed mother in it for $30,000 or so.... Mary majically appeared when they cooked it! LOL

Chris,
I love the girls names... And I like that they all mean something!!!

Deana,
I do have to give you kuddos for your vases. I forgot to tell you But I do love em! Hope you have a great workout!

Melissa,
Hope you had a good workout today! Good to talk to you yesterday

Crystal,
I used to have that terrible pain also I know it is horrible. But I am excited for you that Allison will be here soon! Do you have your bags packed???

Well I gotta run and get Hunter!

Thanks for all that was worried about me I got really sick to my stomach again this morning... I just hope I am not coming down with anything... My nephew was over last week and had a stomach virus!!! Grrr... Didn't know and his mom didn't tell us!

Anyhow,
I gotta run! Love to you all! TTYL!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote