South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 05:17 PM   #1  

Default Velveeta

Hello!

I am new to posting on this site, but have been reading and following for the last several months. I started this WOE yesterday and so far so good! I am truly inspired by all of you. I love to see your progress and read your posts! I'm so happy I found this site!!

My question is if Velveeta or Velveeta light is allowed. It has 6 grams of fat for the regular and I'm not sure about the light version. Has anyone used it before? Is it allowed on Phase 1?

Thanks!
Heidi
Old 01-11-2005, 05:36 PM   #2  
~*~Tara~*~

S/C/G: 240/234/150

Height: 5' 7"

Can you post the ingredients? Offhand, I would say no, since it's offically called "Velveeta Processed CheeseFood", which indicates to me that it's not whole cheese, KWIM?
Old 01-11-2005, 05:47 PM   #3  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey Heidi welcome to the beach! I'm clueless on the velveeta but it is probably like celtics said processed.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:42 AM   #4  

Here are the ingredients for Velveeta:

Ingredients: MILK, WATER, MILKFAT, WHEY, WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, MILK PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, ALGINATE, SODIUM CITRATE, APOCAROTENAL (COLOR), ANNATTO (COLOR), ENZYMES, CHEESE CULTURE

There is 6g of fat per serving and it melts soooo much better than lf ff cheese.

Although, yesterday at the store, I found Cabots brand of lf cheddar. I found it in the deli section with the upscale cheeses. It's white and only has 2.5g of fat per serving. Best of all, it tastes like regular cheddar! I can't wait to see how it melts!!!

Thanks for your help!!!
Old 01-12-2005, 10:07 AM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Heidi, yes, it is allowed. In fact, you'll find it featured in the Broccoli and Cheese soup in the recipe forums (one of my favorites!) The original featured Lt. Velveeta and 2 % milk, but there is some sugar in Lt. Velveeta, so I substituted original Velveeta and used 1 % milk instead.

However, your instincts are good, Celtic...usually something with processed in the title wouldn't appear to be SBD safe! Good call...but this one passes.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:47 AM   #6  

WOO HOO!!!

I'm so excited! (How pathetic is that? I'm excited over cheese?)

Thanks Laurie!!!!!
Closed Thread