Old 01-11-2005, 08:04 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Tuesday Chat 1/11

UGH...isn't it Friday yet? I'm so tired. And once again, I'm sick of being tired!! The oldest DD is going to school. Hopefully she decides to walk better than she is now Nothing wrong w/her, she's just trying to keep the pad in place. Oh man, the memory THAT all brings back!!! Scale hasn't moved, but I'm sure that's cuz of the exercise and all.
How often should I be doing the step program? Is every day too much? Or was that only for weight lifting? I remember something about every other day to let the muscle "mend"....and I'm guessing the step program isn't muscle building in that respect.

PS. Paula--your student will be in my thoughts and prayers!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 08:41 AM   #2  

Brenda: I have never had any kids never mind a daughter but are tampons out of the question? She may be more comfortable using those I don't know if there is such a thing as too much exercise. I think you are doing great. And I saw the picture of your hair color and LOOK HOW THIN YOUR FACE HAS GOTTEN!

Well back to work today....had the test done at the hospital yesterday and they confirmed the IBS. DUH!!!!! I told them that but who am I? I don't have the initials MD after my name....why listen to me. So instead I had to go through a painful procedure (THAT I SHOULD HAVE BEEN KNOCKED OUT FOR!)....apparently they didn't give me enough stuff! I am pissed to say the least. And the nurse in the OR did not help make me feel any better. I could hear the tone in her voice. BIZATCH!
So.....anyway....here is my other delema. All the info on IBS says a low fat diet may help. I may have to go back to doing low carb with low fat....I don't want to do South Beach.....I may just adapt my own low carb diet. I will not leave here so don't worry...as long as you will still all have me I will stick with you. I am going to put some numbers into FitDay today and see what will work the best. I call the doctor back in 7 days and I will check with him then on the diet.

Oh, I am so mad about that pain!!!!!!!!!! Never should have happened...no one I know that has ever had a colonoscopy has felt anything!!!!!! GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 10:23 AM   #3  
The Princess O' Pets

Good Morning Ladies

Urgh I was feeling yucky yesterday so just didi some resting, my tummy was all messed up. I didi good last week right up until the DS's party and I broke down and ate, then I am sure that is what messed up my tummy. But I am not too worried about the mess up this weekend, just jump right back on the horse and get back to my 2 weeks of induction.

Jane- that sucks!!! I hope you feel better soon. No young gals can't use tampons, they can get toxic shock syndrome.

B- Hope you get some rest soon and I totally remember all those feeling about TOM whan I was young and thinking how embarassing it all was....I started TOM when I was 9 yrs old!!! YIKES!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 10:31 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning !

Again another fly by. Sorry

Just know I am thinking about you all

HUGS

Just a quickie..... Toxic shock is brough on by not changing the tampon enough, not by using it correctly... Please correct me if I'm wrong? But a friend of ours used to work for playex and when the toxic thing first came out, I remember him saying that studies showed it happened b/c women left them in to long.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 10:41 AM   #5  

TG: But I thought you couldn't get toxic shock if you changed it often enough? Boy I know nothing
Old 01-11-2005, 10:56 AM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning Ladies

Thanks so much for everyones kind words, thoughts and prayers. Yesterday is done and overwith....time to get the rest of things in order. My house for one!!

Brenda~Im NOT looking forward to the day there are 2 women in my house with pms!! Neither is my husband!! My daughter is 8, and hopefully she will take after me and wait until she is 13 before tom arrives!

Jane~Im so sorry about the pain!! Your right, no one should have to feel a thing when that is being done. My dad for some strange reason doesnt want the drugs, dh on the other hand wants to be knocked out cold!

Im off to get my house tidied, then maybe a walk to the market to pick up a few ingredients to try a new lc recipe I found. If it turns out, I'll share!

Have a good one
Robin
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 11:19 AM   #7  
The Princess O' Pets

Yes but they say that teenies should not use them because they don't change them enough, and it is not safe. They are not reliable enought to remember. That is what the Tampon Co. said when we called about my 12 yr old niece.
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 11:22 AM   #8  

I hated pads!
Old 01-11-2005, 11:31 AM   #9  
Head Princess

God, why is it morning?

First of all, has Lisa had that baby yet?

Second, Paula, you and your student are in my thoughts. I hope all goes well.

Brenda - Yes, you can exercise too much! You should give yourself at least one day a week off. 3-5 days a week of exercise are just fine. Also, it's good to switch up what you're doing because our bodies become very efficient at NOT burning as much calories if you're just doing the same thing over and over. LMAO at the pad thing! That's hysterical!

Jane - I'm sorry to hear about the IBS. I wonder what low fat has to do with making it better? You'd think that appropriate and consistent intake of fiber and water would be more likely. Hmmmmmmmmm. And don't you dare leave!!!!

TG - Hope you get feeling better. And that's not quite right about TSS. Anyone that has an appropriate place for a tampon can use one during TOM. It won't damage the hymen and it's not likely to cause TSS. TSS is caused by the cotton fibers if they get caught in the body too long. So using one 'dry' or wearing one for too long used result in TSS. Nowadays, you'll notice that there's usually a fine mesh-like covering on tampons. That does wonders for reducing the risk. Age has nothing to do with it.

Leenie - I miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robin - Glad things are going better!

Has anyone seen Rachel? I'm wondering how she's doing on that water goal of hers.

So much for not drinking coffee! I'm back on it. I was so exhausted yesterday that I was sound asleep by 8:30. DH had gone out with some friends since it was his night off. All was well and good until about 11:30 when the f***wit comes in with his friends!!!! The dogs are barking and I wake up and holler for him. I let him know that I was not at all happy and he said that they were just gonna have a quick beer and that his friends would be gone in 15 minutes. 45 minutes later, I had had enough of lying there awake and made it abundantly clear that he had 10 seconds to clear them out before I went postal. I didn't get back to sleep until 1:00 am! So, he's paying for it today. I already woke him up this morning when I got up and had him take the dogs out and make me some coffee - not fun when one is hung over I've also made it perfectly clear that if he's really sorry for being a dumb ***, that I expect make-up presents

I'm evil.

Have a great day everyone!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 11:38 AM   #10  

Good Morning Ladies

Brenda: Sorry that DD is having to go through that. Sometimes it sucks to be a woman!

Jane: Hope that you are feeling better soon. That's awful that you had to be in pain. They should have gave you something stronger to knock you out!

TG: Hope that you are feeling better today! I rested a lot too yesterday! How did the DS's birthday party go? Bet it was a lot of fun!

Leenie: How's things going at work?

Robin: I'm going to be cleaning today also! May even take a walk too. I have been trying to walk this baby out Hope your recipe turns out great!

Well, as you can all see, I am still here I think this baby has decided to be like her daddy....STUBBORN!!!! The contractions come and go, but never get close enough together for me to head to the hospital. DH says it will be today (but he says that everyday) He's working about 45 mins away today and says that he feels like I will go into labor and he will have to fly home. Usually he's only about 10 mins away! Ya never know! I go back to the Dr on Thurs and she said last week if I had no baby by then that we would discuss inducing me the first of next week. The baby is getting big and she says if we wait too long I won't be able to have it without a c-section, and I definately don't want that! So hopefully I'll be a mommy by next week! Well, off to do a little cleaning and maybe take a nap! (ok no maybe about it...definately taking a nap) Hope everyone has a great OP day and I'll check back in a little later!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 11:38 AM   #11  

Star: I am cracking up here........I can see me doing the same thing to my DH. How is Pacco doing by the way?

RobinH: Oh I think they "thought" they had me knocked out but SURPRISE! I'm telling you...I have all I can do but call the doctor and ask why that was allowed to happen. I won't be as mad about it in 7 days when I call back
Have fun tidying up!

Leenie: You need to quit that job so you can spend time with us!
Old 01-11-2005, 11:41 AM   #12  

Lisa: Jump up and down! Maybe that will help. Thinking of you.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:42 AM   #13  

Star: You snuck in while I was writting my novel! Shame on your DH for waking you up! Glad that you returned that favor this morning Can't wait to hear what make-up presents you get! Hope the coffee makes you more awake today! Have a great day!

Lisa
Old 01-11-2005, 11:44 AM   #14  
Head Princess

Lisa - I was a month and 9 days overdue. Hope your little one isn't as stubborn as me!

Jane - Paco's doing good. So far he's being really wonderful and not licking or chewing at the stitches so I haven't made him wear that sad little cone yet. I'm sure that when it starts healing up more and itching, I'll have to put it on. It's so pathetic, it's adorable
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 11:46 AM   #15  

Thanks Jane. I may be trying that earlier. But the neighbors will think that an earthquake has hit I'll try anything once...well anything but castor oil. Everyone has told me to drink that.... No way in H**L I am trying that Maybe I should go next door to SIL's and jump on the trampoline... now that would be a sight