Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2001, 10:49 PM   #1  
LIFETIMER

Default Buddy Moms #83

HI,

Looks like its time to start #83!!!!!

Robin-sounds like husband is in pretty good shape, but poor Charlie!!! How are his ribs feeling today? I bet you are happy that you have maintain that 15 pound lost, is the Meridian still working for you? Your mom must really be worried with having a headache for so long. I hope the doctors can find the reason soon and give her some relief.

Lynn-are you enjoying the peace and quite with your parents away? LOL

Farmbabe- don't you just hate it when you lose a post? I sure do.

50poundslater-come and join us on this thread. We are moms, some stay at home, some working away from home, all striving to stay OP and lose weight. Good luck to you.

cindy
Old 06-23-2001, 09:20 AM   #2  
Princess Buttercup

Morning Everyone!

Just getting home from St. Louis. my mom had a cardiac cath last Tues so I went to be with her. everything came out normal. no blockages anywhere.

didn't do so well on program at my mothers' (gee maybe that's why I'm fat today?! ROFL)

too tired to go to WW this morning. will go next Sat. I'm back on program and will walk this week.

Monday the construction workers come to start on my bathroom......so you'll hear lots of whining from me! LOL

need to catch up on the post.......I'm WAY behind.

take care all, Theresa
Old 06-25-2001, 12:08 AM   #3  
LIFETIMER

Theresa-it looks like its just me and you again,
how long will the construction workers take to redo your bathroom? and DON'T forget to take pictures.

tag--your it

cindy
Old 06-25-2001, 12:10 AM   #4  

Default hi everyone

Theresa -- good luck w/ construction. We are talking to an architect. It;s easier than moving.
The kids did great w/ report cards & the standardized test results we just got (all 89(one) to 99's(four) Plus rport cards were "high honors" and "1st Merit w/distinction" -- this is a tough school. So, we are very proud of our girls.
I, unfortunately, am close to a high. I have gone no where in the 3 years I have been talking to you. how embarrassing.
Old 06-25-2001, 10:37 AM   #5  

Default good morning

cindy - i have been off and on the meridia for a week now...can't justify taking it if i am not seriously trying to diet..the cost of this pill is high!...things should be relatively calmer now. i am going to take one today, and i have the proper food in the house to eat right. ready to get back on track my mother still doesn't know what is going on with her head..she sees the neurologist today. maybe she can give her some relief...oh, and charlie is fine...he recovered nicely...i take him to scottish rite in the morning, that is an all day experience...i am getting concerned that his arms growth rate has slowed down alot..it is about an inch or 2 shorter than his other arm. i don't want him to be a grown man and have one arm a foot shorter than the other. hopefully they can figure something out, his doctor is wonderful there.

theresa - good luck on your bathroom construction..how long should it take?? we want to add a shower to our powder bath downstairs. i also want to move the guestroom downstairs to the study, and the study in the guestroom..the guestroom is used 4-6 times a year, so the room doesn't need to be that big. if i move the study upstairs, i can fit the treadmill and exercise bike in there and set up a table for my sewing machine..i think that would make better use of the space.

yesterday we spent the day putting molding in my bedroom...we couldn't do crown molding because of all the angles in my ceiling..they are more rounded than square...anyway, we put up a flat piece of molding (it looks like a pole cut in half, kinda like a 1/4 round )where the walls met the ceiling, then dropped down 4 inches and hung another one, then we painted the poles and the wall space in between the same color as my baseboards, a high gloss off white...now it looks like a piece of crown molding...i like it. very neat looking.

i guess thats it...i need to go eat my bowl of grape nuts...yum yum....

linn - congrats on your girls report cards..very smart gals.

later ladies..robin
Old 06-25-2001, 02:42 PM   #6  
viv

Hi ladies...

Here I am eating my hot n sour soup which i hope is sugarbusters legal! it is so hard bringing stuff to work to eat throughout the day, adn it has been so hectic with work, kids' camps, dh's strange schedules, that as usual, i am coming last.

saturday we had another car episode to follow the dead battery episode - now it looks like w ehave to spend another $250 on a new starter. i just don't get it, the car is only 3 years old! so i am very very bummed out - the best thing was, on sat, when we had no car, i "new-yawked" the owner after the service paged him and he was nice enuf to go to the dealership and loan us a car for the duration. not many places would do that.

so we were able to go to ny to see friends yest - they just put in a pool that is gorgeous to the max - ziggy zaggy, diving rock, speakers hidden in rock-like things, heated of course....the kids had the best time with their kids and it was nice just sitting around and schmoozing with old friends. i ate totally off program including imbibing some margeritas, so i am being very good today (if this soup is legal, lol...)....

these friends have a 5 y.o house and LOL - they are redoing the kitchen for the 2nd time around! when i say top of the line, i mean top of the line - it is beautiful. cherry, cherry floors, sub zeros, miele appliances, industrial range....the INSIDES of the drawers were beautiful! ya gotta say they deserve it - 10 years ago this guy started an engineering firm from scratch in nyc - they now have 60 employees and a great reputation. i keep telling my kids NOT to go into tv like DH, lol....

Other than that, I have decided this friendship that is on the brink of being destroyed is not worth keeping. I fthis friend is going to behave this way, it's not worth it. that's okay with me, I just hope she doesn't try to be vindictive and cruel through school/the kids. Anyone ever have any experience with that? Help me out!

Linn - congrats on the grades! You should be so proud! What are the plans for the house?

Theresa - so what are the big bathroom plans? What fun fun fun!!!

Robin - so what is up with these headaches? They're not just calling them migraines and shrugging their shoulders? Hm.....C'mon girl, stick with your program, you've made the initial investment so keep up with it!

Cindy - when are you leaving on your trip> How is your weight> ARe you still holding steady? YOU have to be the one to tell me that in the long run, none of this elementary school parental BS matters!!!

Jill - I could use some Canadian-cool air today!

Lynn - how's mom doing in FLA? When are you going down to visit?

OK, off to fight with the insurance company now...it's been one of those months!

Viv

OH, I have to mention this =- on the Sugarbusters board, the administrator is a great gal named Debbie. She really puts a lot into the boards and is a wonderful resource. Anyway, she finally made her goal - she lost about 70 lbs on SB and is down to 129!!! Congrats, DEB!!
Old 06-27-2001, 07:43 AM   #7  
LIFETIMER

Hi,

Viv-did you look by sweet and sour sour----was it "legal"? Your friends home and pool sounds really nice. I'm leaving for the mission trip on July 18th and my weight is staying the same. Still at goal.

Robin-I can see how it would be difficult for you to follow any program right now with what is going on with your mother. It must be fustrating and scary to not know what is causing the headaches. I hope they find out something soon. How did the appointment go for Charlie and his arm?

Linn-congrats to you and your girls for such good work in school.

cindy
Old 06-27-2001, 09:53 AM   #8  
Princess Buttercup

Hi Guys,

Construction is well under way.....I'll post you a pic of what it looks like in the hall bath lol a real MESS! although I have to say, I'm VERY please with this construction crew. They gutted the entire bathroom Monday. Plumber and Electrician came yesterday and will finish up today. Dry wall guys will be in this afternoon, Thurs and Friday......then the tile guy.......I don't want to say it, but at the rate they are moving along, I don't see how it's going to take 3 1/2 wks. ?? The one thing I'm most pleased with is the care they've taken to cover my carpet and hardwood floor in the foyer...... for the carpet they've laid plastic that's sticky on one side so it stays put. on the hardwood floor, they laid giant paper and covered it with paneling and taped it down smooth.

12 yr old continues to drive me insane this summer! 61 days till school starts! lol

Viv, WOW! that's great Deb lost 70 pounds. how long did it take her.......does SB have a maintance plan? ----- even though WW is slow and steady everything is "legal"

Laurie, how's it going for you on the Meridia?

Robin, what'd they say about Charlie's arm? can they fix it? sorry to hear about your mom. hope they figure out something soon. can't imagane having a headache that long. ------ Robin, you sure are "handy" around the house. I'd never attempt to do crown molding. do you have one of those saws to cut angles? maybe I should've hired you .......how much would you charge?! LOL

Linn, Eric did great on his report card too. All A's! woo hoo AND he basically "aced" the 6th grade proficiency test thank heavens, cause we pulled him outa school the week before....when they were "studying" for them.. dh and I figured, how can they study for proficiency test. either they know it or not. the school REALLY stresses the kids out over them.

Cindy, only ~6 more weeks till you come here! anyone else wanna join us?!

see you all later, Theresa
Old 06-28-2001, 07:49 AM   #9  
LIFETIMER

Good Morning!!!!

Gosh, my first month off is almost over!!! WHen school first let out, I was BORED, NOW, there isn't enough time for the things I need and want to get done. As much as I am looking forward to my trip to Nicaguara and Theresa in August, I almost dread it, cause I know after that it won't be long until I am back to work.

So where is everyone?????

Theresa-I bet you are glad that the construction is going so quick and that they are taking precautions of taking care of your carpet and floors. Hope it continues to move at this pace.

cindy
Old 06-28-2001, 10:34 AM   #10  
CAB

Boy this site went through some changes - guess I've been away for a while!

How is everyone???

I have to be brief, I'm on a co-workers computer, mine is still off-line and my home computer is full of bugs, I am going to toss it before we move (Did I tell you guys we bought a new house up the street from our old one? )

I'm still nursing the baby, even though he has cut 3 teeth and bites me on occation (rarely). I can't quite give it up yet, he doesn't take bottles and is still too uncoordinated for a cup. Plus it helps at bed time. He is growing like crazy though, cruising around the house, getting into all sorts of trouble. He hates baby food but will eat any table food I give him. He is very cute.

I'm slowly getting back into my exercise routine, walking in AM and I want to start rollerblading on weekends. I've lost about 7 or 8 lbs since starting WW in April but havn't been able to get to meetings. So I'm on my own and sometimes I'm good and sometimes I don't care. But now that bathing suite weather is here.....

Anyway, I have to run, just wanted everyone to know that I'm still here and thinking about all you guys! Take care
CAB
Old 06-28-2001, 12:55 PM   #11  

Default I'm back!

Hello Everyone!

Life has been crazy lately! I had a big project to work on for the office which was taking up my free time. I had out of town guests visiting for 5 days also. Big sigh of relief!

CAB - glad you were able to log in and fill us in a little. Good luck unpacking in the new house. I'm still afraid to look in my basement to see how many boxes I have left!

Robin - Glad Charlie is ok. If you don't mind me asking, was he born with one arm shorter than the other or did one just develop quicker? I've started the Meridia. I also noticed a decrease in appetite. I haven't really started an eating plan since I had guests. But, I'm going to get going now.

Theresa - or should I say Princess Jasmine? What no PP Girl anymore? How do you put a picture there? Nice pipes!

Cindy - I know what you mean about the summer going quickly. I can't believe it is the end of June already. When are you seeing Theresa?

Linn - Kids grades look great. Tell them to keep it up. I haven't had to deal with grades yet. This will be our first year.

I now have stairs going from the deck into the backyard!! I can't believe someone would build a deck 3 feet off the ground and not put in stairs!!
Our next project is getting all the trim around the windows painted. Then our projects on the "new" house will be done.

Well, better run. I'm meeting someone for lunch.

Take care

Laurie
Old 06-29-2001, 01:58 AM   #12  

Default hello again...

I will try not to leave anything out.....

My mother...basically the neurologist told her it was all in her head??? go figure....she said her stress level has gotten so out of control that it has caused the hypertension and the 2 month long headache and she didn't offer her any medication!! she said to change her life!!! unfortunately you can't do that in a day, so my mother finally called and asked for a pain reliever and it is making her sick...what to do...i told her to ask for the migraine medication, the neurologist did say that is what her headache is...hopefully she can get this resolved...i told her to quit her job, leave my father and come live with me...i gaurantee her headache would go away then...i don't know what she is going to do.

charlie's visit went well, he is the case study that scottish rite talks about when the doctors lecture and his pictures were taken around childrens hospital to see if the pediatric drs or nurses knew what he had...what a celebrity....what he has does not have an official name..it goes by several...cutis aplasia forearm, vol kmenn's ischemia, and neonatal compartment syndrome...the latter is the one our drs use. my concern was is his arm going to continue to grow normally or are we going to lose inches along the way...they believe that as an adult his arm could be 2"s shorter at the most...if it appears they are wrong, what they would do while he is a child is to stop the "good" arm from growing until the "bad" arm catches up...i don't think i want to do that, don't want to mess with the good one. hopefully that won't come up. he has been complaining about his hand falling asleep alot, if it continues, he is going to have to go in for nerve testing and this could be corrected with surgery..i don't want him to go through a surgery, maybe that will go away on its own...all of this i can deal with fairly well, if we are lucky it will be fine....what concerns me is school starting....the first time my baby comes home crying because some kid is making fun of him is going to kill me...children can be so mean...most people don't notice it, hopefully the kids won't either.

theresa - your bathroom looks lovely be sure to send a picture when it is finished....i am painting the study this weekend, it is going to be the new guestroom and the study will be upstairs with our exercise stuff. dh has been re-wiring his tv and computer stuff the last 2 days, it is finally done. eventually we want to add a shower to our downstairs powder bath. yes, we have a mitre saw, and dh bought a nail gun when he put the molding up in the formal living...i love that....home projects are our hobbies, we enjoy doing them.

it's late and i can't remember anything else and am too tired to read anymore...

will check with ya'll later

nite..robin
Old 06-29-2001, 05:36 PM   #13  

Hi Everyone,

Where is everyone? I just heard a rumor around my office that we will be having layoffs in the next week or so. I'm hearing numbers as large as 30%. I think that is drastic but I am certain some people will go. Keep your fingers crossed that I am not one of them!

Garrett's 4 year old birthday party is tomorrow. I have to make the train cake tonight. Wish me luck! Never did a train before but how hard can it be? We're having water games outside so I hope the weather holds up.

Well, it is time for me to call it a day. Take care everyone.

Laurie
Old 06-30-2001, 11:37 PM   #14  
LIFETIMER

Hi,

Laurie-How was Garretts birthday party? Did the train cake come out ok? Keep us posted on the layoffs at your work, and I will keep my fingers crossed that you are not on that list. GOOD LUCK.
I will be at Theresa on AUgust 1st.

Cab-so how soon will you be moving? How old is Emmett now? Good job losing and excercising too. I sure wish I knew how to rollerblade.

Robin-that would be terrible if CHarlie got teased at school. Is he aware that his arms are differnet? Does it bother him? Kids can be cruel at times, I hope you have a plan incase he gets teased. and I pray that they can fix his arm to where its not noticeable. Thats too bad that the doctors said your moms headaches are all in her head. Hope she can get that straighten out soon. Constant headaches can be very tiresome.

cindy
Old 07-01-2001, 11:14 PM   #15  

hello...

boy am i tired...dh and i were busy all day doing our new room..i think it turned out well...very cozy for a guestroom. i still need to work on the study, curtains, pictures etc....it's not going anywhere, so i have time...my mil will be in town next weekend, so the guestroom had to get done.

laurie - hope you don't get layed off!! so many companies are laying off here, i don't how the market is going to be able to absorb so many layoffs...good luck...how is the meridia working for ya??? i am starting back on it in the morning....my run of fast food has come to an end.

cindy - kids are so sensitive, i can only explain so much to a 5 yr old...he was crushed a few months ago when a boy in his mdo class told everyone he was having his bday party, but only invited 2 boys from his class...charlie cried all the way home because he wasn't one of the 2...he couldn't understand why i just couldn't call his mom and tell her that he wanted to come. i will do my best. and i will have a chat with the mother, that could get ugly..no one ever thinks their children do wrong. yes, he know his arms are different..according to him one is broke.

i am beat...nite all
robin
Closed Thread