South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 06:33 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Sunday Chat - January 9

Good morning!

I'm tired this morning because I made the big mistake of logging on after ten last night. I never do that but.... discovered we were being attacked by Spammers/Trolls/Snerts so spent a while banning folks and deleting rude posts. Sheesh! Dr. Atkins, Jenny Craig and Ronald McD will never post in here again. Some folks need a life!

Yesterday was a pretty full day but it was worth it. Harry even caught the "just do it" spirit from me and took the decorations off the Christmas tree while I was outside shovelling! Now I just need to put the stuff into storage and take the tree apart tomorrow. Applesauce making is on Monday's list too.

After Church today, I intend to get the newspapers and spend the rest of today as a day of rest! Well, I may have to lug in some wood unless I can charm one of the guys at Church into doing it for me. It's not that big a deal anyhow.

What's happening in your part of The Beach?
Old 01-09-2005, 07:33 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickadees~~

Ruth, ugh! Trolls must lead such little lives that they have to create mischief for others. Sorry you had to waste your time like that. Please, please, please be careful out there shovelling, though...

Today is the handspinners guild Distaff Day celebration. We're supposed to bring some food to share, but my wallet is rather slim this week after buying my lunch stuff... which ended up being some spinach, some nuts, some squash, yogurt sweetened with Splenda and a few Lean Cuisine Lemon Chicken made with brown rice. So, I'm thinking I'll probably use up some of that regular pasta I have in the pantry and make some pasta al pesto. After all, not everyone is on SBD.

Nothing else of any interest to report... Hope you all have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 01-09-2005, 08:25 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks. didn't get here yesterday I had a busy day started off back at the dance studio teaching, then off to Canadian tire to make an exchange, then home to tidy up then to the grocrey store then home to make a cake for dd birthday party, then make chicken, meatballs, pizza (for the kids) then made a banna bread, and a carrot cake and a fruit basket all to take to my sister today as she lost her MIL on Friday. So today is wee bit of tiding sending the 5 girls home if they ever wake up they were up til 5:00
(gotta love girls and sleepovers) Then I have to go to Buctouche to the funeral palor. But I would like to report that I did not even lick the spoon while I was baking and everything is ready to take away. I even made myself a crustless pizza for my supper. Well I must run for now I will try to get back later.

Rtuh- sorry to hear about the spammers. And I thought Ronald McDonald was a nice guy. Be careful shoveling and sweet talk one of those nice Church boys into doing you wood.

Mama- I have one of those slim wallets too. I got mine just after christmas. Have a great day.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:41 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, Beachers!

Ruth, I'm glad I'm not the only one with my tree still up. The kids dismantled it yesterday, and it's going down to the basement today.

Mamacita, I was thinking of you yesterday... my DD just finished her first knitting attempt. A "moon-shaped" scarf, with multiple holes. It's actually kind of cute. She's going to sew decorative "buttons" over the holes, and make it into a sort of shoulder "shawl".

Little Chick... prayers for your sister and her family. You're a good sister to make all that food.

Tazcat, if you're there and not posting right now, know that my prayers are constantly with you.

I have a weird question. I have a large, defrosted packet of hamburger in my fridge that I was planning on making meatloaf with. But all I can think about right now is Mad Cow disease. Do I use it or not?
Maybe I should do a poll.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:24 AM   #5  

Sounds like everyone is working on getting their tree down. I got the decorations put up last night. Now I just need to take down the angel on top (need the ladder) and pack the tree back in its boxes. Unfortunately my home PC got messed up so I can't use it until DH figures out how to fix it. Talking about trolls, spammers etc, I hate that people spend their time figuring out how to mess up other peoples computers. At least my work laptop is fine so I can use it. Testing to see if the PC is working now.

Last edited by Barb0522; 01-09-2005 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:35 AM   #6  

Good Morning Ruth, Mama, Ellis, LC, and Barb!

Just sipping on some coffee trying to wake up. I actually stayed up until 11:30 (late for me!) watching football. Quite a good game that went into overtime.

Our decorations are down, the lights are still on the house though. That is on DH's to-do list when we get home from church today! Also on his list was to get up with DD this morning, so I could lounge in bed for a bit. Guess who is still asleep?? Oh well, she actually "slept in" until 7:45, so it wasn't too bad.

I made some yummy burgers for dinner last night that could be SBD if you used WW bread crumbs, they were stuffed with a bit of pepper jack cheese. Tasty stuff!

Oh well, not much to add, just want to check in on everyone every so often!!
Old 01-09-2005, 10:05 AM   #7  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Morning everyone
Not much going on here today. Going to try to work on the kitchen today. Needs some paint touch ups and major cleaning. It's the dump all place for everything. DH bought me a new scale yesterday. It's one that takes weight, BMI, and body water. But, I am over the BMI limit, so I guess that can be one goal for me is when it can measure my BMI. It's a cool scale, I still can't work it right though. Will have to play with that also today.
Everyone have a nice day.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:53 AM   #8  
A Lily from my yard!

Good Morning Chickies! Sounds like y'all are up and at 'em this morning! DH finally got his Harley started yesterday! That was an eventful moment around here. He bought a 66 Harley basket case about 3.5 years ago but it has been sitting untouched for the 2.5 years since we moved to Alabama. So when we moved to this new house in Sept. with the 2.5 car garage I told him his time was up and get her done! His friend from Ga. came over to help him and they got it started and DH actually even rode it! I think they still have a lot of work to do but atleast it's running. Oh fyi a basket case is just how it sounds when he bought it all the parts were in a basket. I have a ton of freight I need to get delivered to my customers. I have just been to sick to go. I'm feeling better today so I may try to call a few and get that done. One of DS friends came over yesterday and said are y'all moving again? I said no I got freight! So that tells ya what my livingroom looks like! Well I am off to get/make more coffee. Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:33 AM   #9  

Morning Chicks.

It sounds like everyone else is up and moving but me. I am really not feeling too great today. Yesterday my left eye was bothering me and there is a bump on the inside of the eyelid. It is really pretty gross. Being a teacher, I have had my share of eye infections, (gotta love all those germy little hands), but I knew this was something weird.

I went to our after hours Urgent care yesterday afternoon to have it looked at. The Dr. there was less than helpful. He looked at it and said, "Wow, I have never seen anything like that before." He then told me to wait and come back and see my regular doctor on Monday. Now maybe I am paranoic, but I wasn't going to wait. I mean, if it was my finger or something... maybe, but my eye?

So, I went to Shopko because they have an eye center and I thought maybe they would have an eye dr. on staff on the weekend. No luck, but they found someone that was on call about 30 minutes away. I went down to have it looked at and she told me I have a viral lesion on my eyelid. Isn't that nasty? I have to use steriod gel in my eye 2 x a day. At least I know what it is now.

To top all of this off, I woke up at 3 am with a fever of almost 101. I am pondering getting a sub for tomorrow and just staying home and maybe I will not get really sick. Germs are evil!

Sorry for the grumbling! I am usually not this grouchy. As far as eating, we stayed on program yesterday. Some of our friends asked us out to eat at the last minute and we went. I had the most awesome dinner of seared veggies (I had them leave out the carrots and I got more broccoli!) and it had about inch sized chunks of steak on top. It was really yummy!

I hope everyone has a good day.

Nally
Old 01-09-2005, 11:56 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning all,

Jake is out to a "tool auction" with DS, so I have some time to myself. I'm so glad yesterday is over. I must have eaten something that triggered my craving for comfort food, but I can't figure out what it was. Thank goodness after I had a piece of Bean Cake I was alright. We ate out this morn and I had scrambled eggs and turkey sausage, no toast. Another week of Phase 1 to go!

Bamie, I'm happy that you're feeling better. You always seem to be a good mood though!

Chipper, Have fun working in your kitchen and playing with the new scale!

Kiko, Hope you can get some rest today after your late night.

Barb, We just bought a bunch of those clear plastic storage tubs for our Christmas decorations but haven't gotten around to putting things in them yet. All the Christmas stuff is in bags and boxes in the basement. One of my goals this year is to be more organized. Hope you get the computer problem straightened out - I just went through that mess and had to buy a new one!

Ellis, I'm glad your DD is keeping her first knitting project, it sounds precious, sewing buttons over the holes. One of the memories you'll want to hold on to. I can't help you on the ground beef though, since I don't eat red meat.

l. c. , You are so good to do all that baking and not eat anything! I'm sure your sister appreciates everything you are doing.

Mamacita, Sounds like you're going to have a fun day today!

Ruth, Thanks for cleaning up, after that you surely deserve to relax. Read and snooze away!
Old 01-09-2005, 12:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Nally, that's awful about your eye! Let's hope it starts getting better real soon, and that your fever goes down, too! Thank goodness your were able to find someone to look at it instead of having to wait til tomorrow. Take care.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:55 PM   #12  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Evening All!

Sounds like everyone has had an eventful weekend. It was so slow at the old folks home today I read 5 magazines and started the Purpose Driven Life. I did manage to stay OP. I did buy some peanuts out of the vending machine - strictly out of boredom - and I ate my allotted amount and then didn't trust myself so I dumped them in the trash. Literally opened up the bag and dumped them in. So much for self control.

Naly - OUUCHIIEE! Man that sounds sore - take care.

Everyone else! Keep up the good fight! I read two Low Carb Mags so I have some new recipies to try if they work I'll post them in the proper place with all the info.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:22 PM   #13  

Hi chickies,
I haven't been around much - stomach virus has hit the family! But everybody seems better today. On the negative side we did nothing for the week, but on the postive side the weight loss was great

My husband is back to work today after his holiday and my daughter is back in daycare... so I am just waiting for uni to start. Can't wait actually., I am just using this extra time that I have to exercise and do some extra study before the craziness begins.

Hope you are all well.
M
Closed Thread