Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-28-2004, 08:37 AM   #1  

Default Chocolate is calling for me!!!

Well that certain 'cleaning lady' will be here soon and the mind knows it. Chocolate is all that i want. Home made brownies right from the oven, gooey and sweetened with nothing but the most fattening ingredients....and I nearly submitted last night. Night time is tough, it is my snack time. I went to the store to buy this gooey concoction and bought fat free chocolate ice cream instead. Not as delicious as the brownies would have been, but sufficed. I also ate some tootsie rolls. I hate this time of the month...
chubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 01:06 PM   #2  
..5, 6, 7, 8!

Height: 5'9

Oh gosh, I can certainly relate! My DH and children decided to bake chocolate chip cookies last night.. and the smell was all I got & wanted.. I got a good whiff of them! heh.
Shalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 01:19 AM   #3  
WW Moderator

Hang in there! The cravings will pass and you'll feel SO much better if you don't give in.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 08:05 AM   #4  

yeah..i know.....it just seems to get worse each month! I pacify myself with fat free ice cream
i cannot fool my own mind though
chubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 11:40 PM   #5  

Smile Ways I'm combating chocolate cravings

Oreo just came out with new 100 calorie packs that are chips of baked chocolate cookies. Also there are diet low fat candy bars with only 120 - 130 calories in the diet sections of most grocery stores. Some of the flavors include one with crunchies to simulate like the Nestles crunch, and one with crispy peanut butter type to simulate a Butterfinger and one with a peanut nougat that simulates Snickers. Those are the things that are filling my chocolate cravings right now. Maybe you might want to try one of those.
astringf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 01:50 PM   #6  
singletrack chick

i have become re-addicted to chocoalte over the holidays. i just went around and threw out every piece that we had left. i couldn't take it anymore. i'm going to have to detox i think. hehe
laura_on_a_bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 08:51 AM   #7  

I, too, had a "relapse" of chocolate and sugar addiction over the holidays. I actually took the huge container of Lindt Chocolate that we got as a gift (talk about sabotage!) and asked my husband to hide it from me! That is helping.
I have found the ww 1 point chocolate snack cakes a true Godsend. They are only available at Super Walmart locations,which is very hard for me as I don't have them really close by. So, when I go, I just stock up!
I also find that sugar free hot cocoa mix (one point) is great with 3 cups of air popped popcorn. The popcorn is filling and warm while the hot cocoa mix satisfies the taste for chocolate, the combination is only 2 ww points, and leaves you feeling satisfied!
Good luck!
Linda
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 11:44 AM   #8  
Uber-Moderator!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC
Hang in there! The cravings will pass and you'll feel SO much better if you don't give in.
What Jen said.

Most of my friends/acquaintances know that I don't like getting chocolate and stuff like that for presents. I did receive a pound of See's candies and a tin of those dutch sugar cookies - both of which I left in office kitchens located on DIFFERENT floors of the building (I knew if I left them in OUR floor's office kitchen I'd want to nibble...and I'm not the kind of person who can have 'just one piece' of candy or 'just one cookie').
MrsJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 04:22 PM   #9  
it's always something

I eat chocolate I like hot cocoa, sugar free fudgesicles, sugar free choc pudding, etc. I plan to start eating Dove dark chocolate daily (per Polymeal guidelines). If I find it tempting to eat more than the guidelines state, I'll store it in the freezer and thaw as needed.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 06:11 PM   #10  
Uber-Moderator!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC
I eat chocolate I like hot cocoa, sugar free fudgesicles, sugar free choc pudding, etc. I plan to start eating Dove dark chocolate daily (per Polymeal guidelines). If I find it tempting to eat more than the guidelines state, I'll store it in the freezer and thaw as needed.
LOL...that wouldn't work for me as I LOVE frozen candy!!!
MrsJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 01:51 PM   #11  

My saving grace: chocolate brownie flavor Clif Bars. I want to find the guy who invented Clif Bars and give him a big sloppy kiss!
spores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 07:35 PM   #12  
singletrack chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spores
My saving grace: chocolate brownie flavor Clif Bars. I want to find the guy who invented Clif Bars and give him a big sloppy kiss!

ooooooooooo i havent had one of those in forever. they are so good. they are a staple in the summer time when i'm riding a lot. i'm drolling on my key board. hehee. i need to get some supper in me.
laura_on_a_bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 02:30 PM   #13  

Chocolate has and will be my major downfall - the major way that i am starting to take control of it is by taking a bag of m&m's. I take half of what the serving size is (1/8 of a cup) and place it in baggies in the freezer. I only myself one of those per day if I need anything sweet. I started doing this in January and everyday I am able to reduce it more and more. Having that controlled portion and only allowing myself one has allowed me to work down to one a week. Hopefully by the end of the month I won't have to do it anymore! I'm also exercising 3 hours a day and trying to drink more water - I'm starting and i'm proud of myself!
beautifulwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 02:16 AM   #14  

I'm also a big chocolate person...I'd kill for chocolate. So on days that I'm really craving I just have hot chocolate and use half of the recommended portion (2 scoops, instead of 4) and I find that it's enough to subdue the craving lol
Nicole1883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 10:41 AM   #15  

OH my gosh!! I have found it!! The chocolate addicts post!! There really are others like me. So it is true, certain times of the month you too beg. borrow or steal for chocolate. How pitiful am I that it is nothing for me to melt chocolate chips and eat it with a spoon. (Unfortunatly my 13 y/o daughter has succumbed to the craving). I even know where our secretary has hidden her M&M stash. Yes, well maybe while she was at the copy machine I may have snatched a few, OK OK maybe a handful!! HELP!!! My other addiction is carbs, especially pasta and european style bakery breads, you know the crusty on the outside nice and dense on the inside. I can heat a loaf slather it with butter and before you know it, its gone! I'm too far gone aren't I. I'll be honest. I lack will power, dedication and the word NO. I am great at excuses and the "I'll start tomorrow so I'll blow out today" method. Can anyone relate?? For those of you who are staying strong...keep up the fight.
marie louise is offline   Reply With Quote