Old 01-06-2005, 06:38 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Desperate Housewives #6 THURSDAY!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!
Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 06:54 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies

Today is another up and out the house earlier day again Gonna meet my workout partner again for another class. This class today focusses on muscle conditioning with the stretchie bands and ball but also uses the step. I have done this class once before and couldn't walk the next day...lol IT SHOULD BE FUN!

Deana,
Glad to hear you still have power! Can't wait to see the pics! As far as putting them on a disc now I think it just costs more money

Chris,
Hope you head feels better! And I love the cereal box idea! That is neat! How is the scale going for you this week w/ TOM?

WELCOME STARLA We always make room for fellow Depeserate Housewives...lol It is great to have you here! You can still do WW online without going to the meetings

Hello out there to all you Fellow Sahm's
Crystal, Spryng, Michelle, Roxy, Melissa, Jill (still prayers going your way), Jeniqua (how is dh?), Geri, Crystal, Kristen, Ginny, Julie (you still around?), Leigh, Steph, Tracy, hopefully I didn't miss anyone

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY AND BE GOOD TO YOURSELF!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 07:39 AM   #3  

Morning all! Another day and I'm still feeling a tad under the weather. Starnge dumb cold just doesn't want to go away. It's not terrible, but it's slowing me down. Oh well, move on RIGHT? Anyway, I will be training at 10 and doing cardio before and after. I'm hoping to get in a full 2 hours today....we'll see about that though. OH plus that darn challange of 150 sit ups/crunches..I'll probably only get in 1 1/2 plus crunches. I know the trainer is going to push massive crunches on me today. I think I'm down inches. WEight now is at 201.0, So I have to make up some weight by Sunday gals. I'm sure I will. I feel a bit bloated too. Soup salt I'm sure. Anyway, I want everyone to work hard today!!

Deana, glad you still had power. Hopefully, you still do now.

Welcome Starla!

Jill, Still praying for you girl! I hope Bayley is a 1000 times better today!

Sorry, if I left anyone out from yesterday. I was reading through posts all day, but I didn't have a chance respond. I was folding laundry for hours yesterday.

Have a great day!!!!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 07:51 AM   #4  
Sherry

Default I'm Back!!!!

Goodmorning Girls!
Long time no Post! My interenet explorer has been down but now it's fixed so here I am. boy did I miss it here! I'm not sure what I've missed. I saw Melissa wrote something about a situp challenge? Can anyone fill me in?
All is good here. For christmas my gift was jenny craig. I've done it before and did well, lost 20 lbs that time! Unfortunately now I need to lose at least 40 but I'm back on the wagon now. Down 2 lbs this week. Also my workouts are Way up! I've been trying to do it in the mng and evening, the week before last I worked out 9 times, last week 6. So needless to say I'm happy!

Penny: Hey! Nice to see you. Hope you're day isn't too too busy!

Melissa: Hope you're feeling better. My dh swears by working out when your under the weather he say you sweat it out! Not sure how true it is but you know your body best. If you don't feel well while working out stop!

Ok, time for a cup of coffee. I'll check back later!
sherybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:14 AM   #5  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quick flyby...I'm heading out of my nice cozy house to go to work. I'll check back this evening before ER comes on...

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:18 AM   #6  

Penny I thought you all forgot about me? I am still love being a SAHM!! And in I guess I am in lurker mode keeping up with ya all! Did Spryng leave? Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:30 AM   #7  
Sherry

Hi again! Just a quick note before going to work. I just did an awesome new workout tape (dvd) If you guys have ever tried Walk Away the Pounds tapes they are awesome! But this is a new version. Leslie Sansone came out w/a WATPs Walk and Jog tape. It's part of her Power Series I guess. Just wanted to let you all know about it. I just did it and I loved it!
sherybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:34 AM   #8  
Jeniqua

Good morning ladies . It's been pretty hetic over here . I was able to find a sitter last night and go visit my husband at the hospital. He still has a horrible cough and his oxygen is only 92 and needs to be 100 . He called me this morning and told me he had a really bad coiugh which led into an asthma attack last night. He said he had really bad chest pains with it and couldn't breathe . So please ladies pray. The kids are having a rough time with daddy gone. He's having a pulminary test done today at 9am. I really hate him being there and not being by his side the whole time. He says he's scared but I told him he'll be fine. Thanks everyone in advance!

Also, we are having a terrible snow storm here . All the schools are closed. They are expecting freezing rain throughout the day as well. My kids will definitely keep me busy I am only watching 1 other child today so it shouldn't be too hetic.

Sherry~ Welcome back girl!! I've missed you . Sounds like you're doing great . I haven't done much exercise this week at all. Hopefully by next week I'll be back on track .

Penny~ It sounds like you have a fun filled day ahead of you. You're doing great with your exercise. Enjoy BURNING BUTTER ..LOL!! You rock!

Mel~ Here's to a great day !! 2 hours of exercise ! You ladies amaze me. The most I can get in a day is 1 hour. It must be nice having someone to babysit so you can. I have a membership to a gym but I can never get a sitter and hubby's on the road all week. KEEP UP THE AMAZING JOB!!

Okay, well I'm going to try to eat some soup to settle my stomach . My nerves are shot with my husband in the hospital . I know he'll be fine but I still worry about him .

Before I go I have to tell you all a really cute story about a girl I babysit for Peyton(3), my son JT( 2 1/2) and me. Here's how the conversation went..

Peyton: I love you JT
JT: I love you too
Peyton: I love you
JT: I love you too(leaves the play room to come in my bedroom)
Me: JT go tell Peyton she's a Princess
Peyton: TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME JT(she heard me tell JT to tell him that)
JT: YOU NEED HELP

Don't kids say the funniest things . That happened 2 days ago and I am still laughing. They say laughter is the best medicine and I really needed that with hubby in the hospital

Well I'll check back in later! Have a great day ladies.
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:45 AM   #9  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good Morning--,
Well, children woke up late today, so it was a rush to make it to school on time but they were only fifteen minutes late. That won't make them tardy. Nobody like being late, somethings always ends up being forgotten.

Deana- are you still with us today? Glad to see that you still have electricity!

Chris- Hi! don't work too hard... have a good day and stay warm! See ya later!

Sherry-hi glad to have you back! Sorry you were out of commission for so long. How was your Christmas and New Year? That's nice that you got such a good present, I hope you do good with "Jenny"!

Hi Mel! When are you gettin' rid of that ol' cold? How long has it been now? Sometimes it's better to have those fast and furious colds rather than those that linger on forever! Hope you feel better tomorrow. At least nothing can keep you down! Go for the burn with those crunches!

Penny- have fun at class today! Another burn victim! Go Go Go you challangers! do you like those stretchy bands? The class sounds fun anyway, have a great time. See ya when you are done!

Welcome Starla, I'm Roxy, mom to 4 boys and 6 girls. It is always nice to meet someone new. Post often so we can get to know you! Have a great OP day.

Crystal- hope that you got some quality rest last night. How are you doing today? It won't be much longer

Jillybean-still praying for Bayley, I'm glad that she is better, but you both need to be home.

Jeniqua- didn't hear much from you yesterday, so hopefully you made it to the hospital. Is dh better? We are still praying for him and hope things are okay for you too. Take care!

I better get something done here, this house work won't get done by itself. I wish I did have a self-cleaning house. Wouldn't that be great? Hi to all you other moms!TTYL

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:52 AM   #10  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi Jeniqua!
Hey you snuck up on me! I'm so happy you made it to see dh! That must be good medicine for him. We are all praying for him and hope that he is home very soon! That is funny what JT said! He must just be a hoot! Have a better day today, are you going to see hubby later on? Be careful, it's probably treacherous out there!
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:33 AM   #11  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

!!! Good Morning Ladies !!!

I still have power!!! It's been long enough now and the storm has passed, we shouldn't lose it. The sun is shining but it's only going to get to 17 today.....and 56 by Sunday, is that crazy or what?

Penny: Have a great workout today!

Roxy: Sorry the kids were late to school. Mine are out again today . Not sure what I'm going to do with them today. Right now they are getting ready to go play outside . It's only 9 degrees right now. Not me, I'm staying in and staying warm.

Jeniqua: Glad you got to the hospital to see dh. Hopefully he will be home soon. Too cute about JT. Kids really do say the darndest things!

Jill: Hope Bayley is much, much better today. Hope you are getting the rest you need as well.

Mel: Come on girlie! I was hoping to log on and see you in Onederland . You can do it, keep up the good work!

Chris: Have a great day at work! And stay out of the peach rings . You're doing great, keep going!

Starla: Welcome!!! I'm Deana, sahm to 3 boys, 1 girl. Boys are 16, 9 and 7. My dd will be 5 on Saturday. Post often and note that there is a new thread each day so watch for us. You can do this! If you ever need we'll be here for you .

Julie: Good to see you again! Post more often, we miss you.

Sherry: Good to have you back! Sorry your puter was messed up. Hopefully you are back up full force!

to all the other sahm's (and those in the working world now). Come visit us! We miss you all!

I don't want to but may have to get out today. Not sure how the roads are today. May make dh go since he has a truck :evil:. Will try to check back later.

Have a GREAT OP DAY!!!

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:37 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Girls!

Jeniqua, it was great chatting with you last night I hope you have a wonderful day today!

Penny, thanks so much for doing the points up, I was going to do them when I saw your post and I must admit that I breathed a sigh of relief lol I'm sooo exhausted I think I only got 2 hours of sleep and it seemed like I was waking up every 30 minutes
I hope you enjoy your workout, wish I could go with ya!

Julie, long time no post girly! Hope everything is going well for you! Spryng has gone back to work full time and she doesn't have much time between work and family, we all miss her

Sherry, the situp challenge is part of the Biggest Loser Challenge that we are hosting on our msn group site. Perhaps you would like to join up when we start the next one

Roxy girl!! Hope you are having a good day so far!! You should try the stretchie bands they are a great resistance workout and you can do them sitting down

Chris, you stay warm today girly, Its pretty cold out here too though I'm not sure the exact temperature. I'm not leaving my house until it's time for me to go to work lol. Oh yeah, stay away from those peach rings too!! I'll be watching you!!

Okay well I've got to go take my meds and get the day rolling!!
I'll bbl!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 11:36 AM   #13  
Jeniqua

Roxy~ Yes, I am planning on going to see dh with the kids tonight but it's terrible outside . I can hear the sleet hit my windows . It's soo great seeing you post again .You sure were missed .

Michelle~ It was great chatting with you last night too . How's your day so far??

Deana~ What did you do, send the storm my way ? I am glad you still have power. When are you going to post some pics??

Well I'm still waiting to hear from hubby to see how his test went. I still haven't eaten anything. My stomach is in knots . I'll bbl later I'm sure. I'm staying on the computer to keep my mind occupied .

JILL~ Bailey is still in my prayers . I hope you're taking care of yourself too. I know it's easier said than done when one of your kids are sick but just want you to know I'm thinking of you and Bailey
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 01:06 PM   #14  

Hey all, back from the gym. I AM WHIPED OUT! 2 hours and 10 minutes of grueling exercise!!!! 1 hour of cardio....broken into two half hour sets. and One full hour of training. AND my 150 Stomach crunches.

Deana, sorry, no onderland yet...YUCK....Glad you still have power....

Sherry and Julie, Welcome back gals.

Jeniqua, you husband is for sure in my prayers. Please keep us posted. Hugs to you!

Michelle, do those crunches girl....I'm watchin ya!

Penny, Glad you had a good class, hope you are not too sore tomorrow. I'm so proud of you for going and seeing it through...How'd Andrew do in the nursery today>

Chris, how is your workout coming along today?

Sorry, If I'm missing a post, but I have to get inthe shower before Bugga wakes up from his nap.. Obviously, I didn't get anything done around here being at the gym for so long, but I do have to do some and can't if I'm on this darn computer.
bbl
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 01:15 PM   #15  

Thanks for the warm welcome to the group. I look forward to getting to know you all and being of help.

Today my day will consist of cleaning. I have been trying all week, but have been too tired or my headach's have bothered me. So no matter what today I start in my kitchen cleaning and movnig things around. Then on the the pantry, hopefully will get more done but if not ...oh well.

I dont know when I will get a workout in since I also have a meeting with the counsilor at the college and a CPR/BLS class to take, and there are the kids that need to be picked up after Basketball and gymnastics.

Hope ya all have a great day!
SwimFan is offline   Reply With Quote