Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 12:27 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies....(#21)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 01-04-2005, 01:28 PM   #2  

Hello

I'm finishing up a few things around here today before I head back to work tomorrow. The kids don't go back to school until Thursday.

Carol,
Are you doing WW? I'm so sick of feeling yucky! This time I WILL get this weight off. At night when I get into my sleep clothes, I have red marks all around my waist from my tight pants. Is that not gross??!! Let's do it this time!!! We'll be some SKINNY FLOOZIES soon!!

Ramona,
I'm so glad you are spending time with Ben. I hope you are eating him alive! Enjoy it! Can you believe Chris leaves in 15 days? I have cried for 2 days. Wow...Are you spoiled?? What a fantastic shopping spree you went on!!!

Cheryl,
I have never had my teeth whitening either. Is it expensive? If I remember correctly, you will be gone all week. Have a nice trip, don't work too hard and post when you get home. Work better be paying you big bucks!!

Debbie,
It sure doesn't seem like we've had 2 weeks off does it? Dang, time goes by fast. Yep..I think Mom & Dad will be so excited about their party. A lot of time and money put into it but you know what? They sure do deserve it!!!! I don't regret doing it all. I just wished I had help. Don't work too hard tomorrow!

Gayle,
We had ice before Christmas but the last 4-5 days the temp. has been around 60-65! Just very nice! Today we have a little rain. I want SNOW!!!!!!! I love it!!!! How is little Allison? When does she go back to school? What plan are you going to be on? Counting calories seem to work for you.

Shelley,
I think you did awesome on the race!! Just think...There are 20 yr. olds who couldn't run like you do! They would have to call 911 if I tried!!! I'm counting WW points. The Core plan seems too strict for me. Let me know how it goes. I'll see you over at the exercise board real soon!!!!

Doni,
Yes...The prednisone DOES make you gain. So please don't get upset.The weight will come off!!! Did you join WW on-line? When I get done posting I'm going to check out the prices and see if I can afford it. How are you and hubby? Have you heard from your crazy neighbor anymore?

Dee,
How are you? if you're able to sit up for a few minutes will you please post a quickie? I sure do miss you!!!! Love you girl!!!

Janice,
Again WELCOME!!! Would you please go to the "BIO" page and fill yours out?

Vicki & Tina....Please post soon!!! I miss you!!

I hope I didn't leave anyone out. If so....Please forgive me.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:40 PM   #3  

HI Ladies!!
I have missed you all. Life got a little hectic and I wasn't online a lot. But the holidays are over and I am back!

Could one of you nice ladies remind me the name of the website where you can put in what you have eaten and it figures up if it is balanced and tells fat and calories etc. ? I know it is probably listed here somewhere but I have not found it yet.
Gotta take some time to catch up reading the posts.

School started back here today. We are going to tour a magnet school on Thursday. We are thinking of sending Austin there. I can't believe he starts Kindergarten next year. Wow how the time flies. There is only one magnet school in our county. Does anyone have any opinons on them?

I would love to be able to have my teeth whitened. I have also heard they make you look years younger. I wonder what the cost would be?

I am so hungry right now. I did really well yesterday and today up until now and now I am starving. I was trying to do lower carb. I always seem to cave when I go completely no carbs so I was trying to do more South Beach. I heard a tip on a morning show a couple days ago that said whenever you get hungry brush your teeth. Maybe if I follow that rule I will lose weight and whiten my teeth at the same time. LOL!!

Hope everyone is doing well!
Tina
Old 01-04-2005, 06:45 PM   #4  

Janice-Our dear Dee lives in Canada. She just had surgery a couple of weeks ago, and hasn't been able to post much. Please watch for her posts. She is such a treasured friend to all of us. It sounds like you have very much in common with all of us here!

Dee-I hope you are doing okay. I expect to see you soon over at the exercise thread walking up a storm again! I miss you so much!

Debbie-Keep up the good work! I hope you are able to make it to the Y this week!

Sherry-I really think Core is too restrictive. I have been okay today, but I am having some white rice at dinner, so I'll have to count those points.

Doni-How have your points been today? Let us know how you're doing.

Carol-How have you done today? I expect to see you over at the exercise thread at least once per week!!

Cheryl-Thanks for joining me with your walking. You are doing wonderful!

Sherry-Thank goodness, the next 3 days are half days for the kids. We still have to be there, but it's always nice when the children leave the school early. I was able to get caught up on my bookkeeping for the few days that I worked with nobody there, but it's getting back to normal, you know--doing everything and everybody else's work!

Vicki, Tina and Jennelle-Come back and post! I miss you all!

Gayle-Are you back to normal yet, or are you painting up a storm again??

Love to All!
Old 01-04-2005, 07:10 PM   #5  
Losing it!

Tina, try fitday.com

I'll be back later to post to everyone. We are having a major ice storm.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:15 PM   #6  

Tina-I didn't realize we were posting at the same time, and I stopped for dinner. Try www.calorieking.com. That may be what you are looking for.

Gayle-I hope you are all okay!
Old 01-04-2005, 09:03 PM   #7  

Tina!!!! You're back!! I have really missed you and often wondered how you were. Now let's get this weight off once & for all!! I don't know about where you live but here in Nashville to get into a magnet school you have to pass a test to get in. I think they are wonderful and there isn't as many kids in each classroom,therefore I think they learn more. Again...Glad you're back.

Gayle...Are you ok with the ice storm?????!!!!
Old 01-04-2005, 09:18 PM   #8  

Wanted to share this WW soup recipe with you. I'm having it for dinner tomorrow night!!

Potato Soup

Ingredients:

1 bag Ore Ida O'Brien Hasbrowns (16 oz., frozen)
4 cans fat free chicken broth
1 pkg. McCormick Country Gravy Mix

Spray pan with Pam. Saute potatoes 10 minutes, stirring gently.
Add broth and bring to a boil. Prepare gravy mix according to pkg. directions.
Add to potatoes and broth. Simmer 20-30 minutes.

SERVING SIZE: 1 cup soup

Old 01-05-2005, 01:25 AM   #9  
Losing it!

Sherry, the soup is good, I make it a few times throughout the winter. I use the FF gravy mix and the whole family likes it. Allison was to go back to school today, but school was canceled due to the weather. They already called school off for tomorrow too.

Shelley, you amaze me! There probably isn't very many 20-30 year olds running the race, let alone 50 year olds. Keep up the great work and do it just for you regardless if you finish first or last.

Tina, nice to see you back!

We are to have "round 2" hit tonight. We have ice EVERYWHERE! To get out my back steps, I had to take a towel and lay it down step to step, otherwise I stepped out and went sliding! Tonight we have a solid layer of clear ice on everything, by morning snow is to start, fun, fun... did I tell you guys I HATE winter???? LOL! Shelley, I will trade you right now, it's 13 degrees here. If I disappear from here, it could be our electricity will be out. A town near us already has 45,000 without electricity.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:39 AM   #10  

Gayle-I heard on the news this morning about your ice storm. I hope you are alright. Please post again today so that we know everything is okay, provided you have electricity.

Tina-I forgot to mention--I work at a magnet school. The theme is science, technology, environment, math. Both of my girls went to it all through elementary. This year, we have gotten a huge grant to have interactive computers in all the rooms. Good luck!

Well, I got through another day on Core. I just want to see if it makes a difference in my weight or not. I was down another pound on Monday, but I actually attribute that to the fact of the long run the day before. This Monday's weigh in will be the test. So far, I have weighed everyday since and my weight has been up a pound.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:53 AM   #11  
Losing it!

It's currently 9 degrees here and the snow is blowing like crazy. We have a layer of ice under the snow so that just helps out the crazy drivers that much more. LOL!
No school today here, but I'm sure they will try to have it tomorrow if possible.
Those of you familiar with schools, what is the average class size for you? Allison started out with 25 in her kindergarten class, now it's down to 21 students.

There still is a possibility we may lose electricity, I will continue to ceck in here as long as I can.
Old 01-05-2005, 03:21 PM   #12  

Whew! Just wanted to stop in for a quick post!

I finished the first part of my exam about an hour ago (went to my hotel room for a bite of lunch). It's HARD!!! I am mentally exhausted. The first part was, I think, around 65 questions, and it took 5--5 1/2 hours to complete. The second part, which I'll take tomorrow will be around 80 questions. It'll probably take closer to all day to finish.

At this point, I have no idea how I did. I hope I at least passed today's section. Y'all keep thinkin' of me!

Cheryl
Old 01-05-2005, 05:53 PM   #13  

Wanted to keep my word and check in! Our weather has taken a drastic change today too, but nothing like Gayle is having!

I hope you are all doing well today. I'm so excited about getting this weight gone for good. I'm down 4 pounds since Sunday. I know it's water weight, but hey, I'll take it! I was even good last night. We went to our favorite romantic restaurant for our anniversary and I had the steamed veggies instead of twice baked potato! Today I got the most gorgeous red roses I have ever seen. All the girls at the Sheriff's Office were green with envy! hahaha
Okay, I've got to go get ready for church. Take care and stay off the ice!!!!
Old 01-06-2005, 01:36 AM   #14  
Losing it!

Cheryl, good luck with the examj, I know you will do super! Are you having a chance to see the sights too?

Ramona, I hope you and Rick had a happy anniversary!!!! You must of been a really, really, good girl this year for all the wonderful Christmas stuff and the beautiful anniversary flowers. Hmmm...on second thought....maybe you were a really, really bad girl... LOL!
SUPER JOB ON THE WEIGHT LOSS! Is Rick dieting with you?

We still have the snow and the ice, the current temp is 2 degrees, now the stuff has stopped, we just need to let it melt. Some of the area towns without electricity will not have it for up to 10 days. Thank goodness we made it through ok without any damage. Sher, I'm bagging some of this white stuff up and mailing it to you!

I'm trying to get in the dieting mode. I have one good day, then a bad and so on.
I have been depressed since Christmas because of family problems etc. Not my personal family, but dear relatives. Things just never seem to work out as I hope.

I wonder where vickster is? It's been way before Christmas since I've seen a posting from her. Anyone hear from her?

Wishing all of you well!
Old 01-06-2005, 05:36 AM   #15  

Gayle-You WILL do it. Just take it 1 hr at a time.

I did good yesterday on Core. I am on my 4th day now. I'll see how the weighin Monday goes. I am starting to lose my bread desire. I have found a brand new board on Core. It's great. It's maintained by Kippy, a hard corer on the WW boards. If you go to the weekly points allowance board and click onto Kippy2004's profile, you can get to it. That's the only way that I have been getting to it, or I would give you the website address.

Cheryl-I feel terrible! I don't remember what kind of exam you are taking, but good luck to you!

Ramona-Congratulations on the weight loss! You are doing fantastic!

Janice-How are you doing? Please check in.
Closed Thread