Old 01-05-2005, 08:01 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Wednesday Chat 1/5

Well, looks like we're going on a field trip today. Thought she was going to say she didn't want to go because she wasn't feeling well. Said she had a belly ache. Well, hope it's nothing because being on a class trip and sick isn't a fun thing. The scale hasn't moved, but the exercising moved TOM up. GRRR. Hate it when my system is screwy! Oh well, maybe that'll mean a major loss next week!! lol. I'm hoping to get some exercise in before the cramps hit. I never feel like moving when I have those.
Hope you all have a great day
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 08:31 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

She decided she really wasn't feeling well enough to go. So looks like we're staying home. I think it's just gas for some reason. I gave her some pepto.
No need for me to worry about what to eat OP for lunch
Old 01-05-2005, 09:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good Morning.

Brenda hopefully the scale will move soon for you. Also hope that you daughter feels better soon.

Check this article out guys. It is a study that compares Atkins, WW, Zone and a vegetarian diet and has concluded that no diet is superior to the other. The trick to any diet is the ability to stick to it.

Have a great day.

Edited to say it would be good if I posted the address, don't you think!! http://www.boston.com/yourlife/healt...d_to_stick_to/
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:37 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Rachel: That was an excellent article. What he said was true: "Dieters need to recognize this is a lifelong battle." And at least they weren't knocking atkins. They pretty much knocked all the diet plans.

You know, I woke up 1 x last night...but never really fell back to sleep. Then woke up this morning at 5:00....layed in bed until the alarm went off at 5:50. And I wasn't tired until a few minutes ago. I'm thinking of taking a nap. I know I shouldn't but dang a warm cozy bed sounds good right now. I also don't want to get run down because I don't want to go from TOM to the flu. Not sure how to treat the flu or even a cold. Not worry about this WOE and just get myself better?? I should ask now before it happens. lol
Old 01-05-2005, 10:20 AM   #5  
The Princess O' Pets

Good Morning ladies!!

B- hope DD feels better soon, and you should get some rest while you can, that insomnia can be a killer, I am like that every once in awhile and it sucks!

Rachel-thanks for the article it is great!

Well I was OP yesterday and it is so nice that when you want to do this WOE it is so easy to do. The true test will be the weekend when DH is home. But part of my New Years resolution is to feed my family more healthy so that will carry over to him too!!
I gotta go to Walmart and get things for the kids B-day party and some more vitamins I am out.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

LOve TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 10:33 AM   #6  
The Princess O' Pets

I just weighed myself and in the past 3-4 day while I have been doing good I have lost 9 pounds!!! Most of it is water I am sure (I have been peeing like a racehorse the past 2 days) but DANG I will take it!!! Yeah for induction!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 10:44 AM   #7  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good morning all!

I am just checking in for a quick post .. I gotta go take the kids to school.

Lisa - I was like you with my son. I gained only 3 pounds by the time he was born. And then the day I went home from the hospital I was 25 pounds LESS than I was the day I found out I was Pregnant! But I had a severe gallbalder attack at 5 months pregnant and when he was 3 weeks old, I went in for emergancy gallbladder surgery! (He was a c-section too!) I was on a very special diet to keep the attacks from happening again. But it is such a wonderful way to do a pregnacy! With my DD I didnt have a gallbladder anymore, so I gained 50 pounds! ACK!

Brenda - I hope your daughter starts feeling better soon! But at least you wont be tempted now!

Racheal - Great article! Hope you are having a good day!

TG - WTG on the 9 pounds! Gotta LOVE induction!

Gotta fly but I will be back after the gym!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 10:47 AM   #8  
Head Princess

Good Morning!

Brenda - When I get a cold, I stay OP. I highly recommend Ziacam if you start to get a sore throat. Starting to take dose yourself with it as soon as you start to get a yucky throat knock it out (at least for me) within about 24 hours. Also, when you start feeling run down, that is when you should really be making sure you're exercising and eating right and taking your vitamins. Healthy body = less sick time. Also, the elevated heart rate, body temp, and oxygen levels caused by exercise often kill the bugs that are trying to make you sick

Rachel - I haven't read the article yet, but I totally agree with the premise of it. As a matter of fact, if you start talking to people who have successfully maintained their weight loss, they all have very similar eating and exercise patterns. Whole foods, lots of water, plenty of exercise.

TG - What kind of car did you get? I must have missed that part! You know, I work just down the road from your Comcast building now (I think). We should do lunch!!!

Well, last night was an adventure. I decided to do my pilates workout at home and then some free weights. Legs and butt one day, abs and arms the next...... Well, I'm partway into my workout and there's a flash and all the power goes out. I'm told it was over a good portion of the town I live in. So it's dark, the neighbors are saying the power could be out for a while, it's freezing outside, and we have electric heat!!!! So I spent 20 minutes lighting all of the dozens of candles that I have so it's light and warm and cozy and suddenly the lights come back. I'm still not sure what happened.

Big plans for today include hitting the eliptical after I get done with work, going to visit a friend in supposed crisis (too many boys - oh, what to do! ) cooking dinner, getting closer to my 'caught up on housework' goal and then collapsing into bed. You know, I think Karen's onto something. If you keep yourself so busy you can barely think, it's hard to have the time to overeat or eat badly. Thanks, Karen!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 10:48 AM   #9  
Movin' and Losin'

Brenda: Way to keep exercising! You're doing so great.

Rachel: Great article. Thanks!

TG: Holy cow!! Nine pounds? That is awesome. Way to go, girl!

Well, I know I said I was starting induction on Monday, but I ran into a little issue of food poisoning on Monday. So, I haven't eaten much the past two days at all, but when I have, it's been bread or rice -- that's all that sounded good. I, for some reason, couldn't stomach a piece of meat. So, I'm better and starting induction again today. I'm so inspired by everyone doing so well!

The food poisoning halted my exercise, too. But, I'll be back at it today. A friend of mine is giving me a free two-week pass to her gym, so we are headed there tonight -- I can't wait! I love gyms, but I'm too darn cheap to ever belong to one. Maybe I should get over my frugalness and just go for it. It would be a worthwhile investment.

Hope all of you have a great Wednesday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 10:48 AM   #10  
Head Princess

LOL - I mention Karen, and there she is, sneaking in on me! Hi Karen!!!
Old 01-05-2005, 10:50 AM   #11  
Head Princess

Jina - Food poisoning! What/where did you eat so I can stay away? Glad you're feeling better. I know you're the collard greens girl, so since I'm experimenting with veggies yet again, can you give me some tips on what to do with them?
Old 01-05-2005, 10:52 AM   #12  
Movin' and Losin'

Karen: Let us know how the gym situation goes. Hope you have a good workout today.

Star: Did you finish your workout after the power outage? Good luck dealing with "the too many boys" crisis. Such a dilema!
Old 01-05-2005, 11:01 AM   #13  
Head Princess

Jina - No. I'm a big ol' slacker! I got all the candles lit and myself all bundled up in warm pj's and just kindof crashed out. I'm gonna try to make up for it today.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:57 AM   #14  
Movin' and Losin'

Star: I think it was a case of too-old shrimp cocktail... yuck.

As for the collard greens, fresh or frozen? The fresh take quite awhile to cook and stink up the whole house, but they are tasty. For the fresh, boil ham hocks (or bacon or smoked turkey legs, etc.) and chopped garlic gloves for about three hours or so. Then strip and add the greens, some red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and cook for about 30 minutes. A tasty Southern treat! (I can get the exact amounts, if you're interested.)

For the frozen, I usually just warm them up and add some butter and garlic salt. I usually go for very simple meals during the week, so that works for me. I guess you could use them similar to the fresh, but I'm all for the easy-way-out!
Old 01-05-2005, 01:23 PM   #15  
Look at me go ;)

Hi Girls!!! Can't really chat today but I wanted to drive by and wave Hope to catch you all tonight!
Cinnymamma is offline   Reply With Quote