Old 01-04-2005, 08:15 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Tuesday Chat 1/4

Ok.,so I'm not anymore energetic than I was yesterday. Still want to take a nap!!! The scale isn't moving either---but if I remember the last time I started exercising it didn't either. Think I was told because of water or something like that. Well, hopefully I start to wake up soon cuz I HATE being this tired!!! Doesn't help that I have zippo work to do and 4 hours a day to do it in. ARGH!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 08:41 AM   #2  

Brenda; Hope that you get some energy and wake up soon! Don't worry about the scale not moving this morning. It's probably just water weight! I am sure that it will be moving downward soon!

Karen: In regards to your post yesterday, I would definately say something to them at the gym. You shouldn't have to worry about having an asthma attack while you are trying to do a workout. I can't understand why someone would want to bring a dog to the gym anyways!

Well, nothing much new here. Still pregnant and getting bigger and bigger Hoping that this baby makes an appearance soon. Well, time to go grab some breakfast and I'll check back in later! Have a great day everyone!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 08:45 AM   #3  

Morning Brenda: I can relate being so tired. Don't worry so much about the numbers. It will go down if you are exercising.

Karen: Thanks for the help on the asthma.....I wrote down the Pulmicort and will ask about it. I think I am going to call him and talk to him BEFORE I get another cold. I should be ok until the spring...if I follow my usual pattern.
Who knows at this point!

Have PT today and boy I am glad...shoulder has been bugging me. Had to cancel last Thursdays appt because I was too sick. The therapist has a little boy and I didn't want her bringing this home to him!

Got all the Christmas decorations down last night...well left up two of my Christmas quilts....I will leave them up until after the 6th. One of them I did is in the dining room and is so cool on the green wall. I always hate taking that one down. It is a very contemporary quilt with just applique trees on it made out of hand died fabrics. I made it a few years ago and put it up in there every year.

Starting FitDay again today....NO SNACKS FROM THE MACHINE! Wish me luck!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 09:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good Morning.

I hope that you all had a great holiday. Mine was pretty good and now I am all determined to reach goal. I stopped recording my weight after my 8 month anniversary. I reached my lowest weight of 124.2 which meant that I was over 90% done. But then the scale started going up and down and so I decided to just have fun during the holiday. I did weigh myself yesterday and was up to 125.8 but I am still not recording it until next Monday which I am hoping that I will be back on track to lose more weight.

Okay I am off now to read some inspiring posts. I am really excited about this year. New year and hopefully lots of new beginnings.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 09:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Brenda one of my New Year resolutions is to get 8 hours of sleep at least 3 or 4 nights a week. I read some where that when we don’t get enough sleep we tend to over eat.

Lisa, I was thinking of you last night. I was watching the news and there was a story on the first baby of the New Year. The funny thing is that the baby’s older sister was also the first baby of the year last year. Now what is the odd on that? Well you are very close. Oh, by the way, both of the New Year babies were early by a few days. So maybe your little daughter will be here sooner than you think.

Jane, sorry about your shoulder, hopefully the PT would make it work. The trick to stay away from the vending machine is not to carry any change. That has worked for me.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 09:43 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning !!

Just a fly by Miss you !
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 10:26 AM   #7  
Head Princess

Good morning!

Brenda - How much sleep are you getting? I find that if I get 5-6 hours of sleep, I'm much better off than if I get 8 or more. That much sleep makes me feel like I'll never wake up. Strange? Well, everyone's different. You probably haven't found your sleep/exercise balance yet. You'll figure it out

Lisa - Hello pregnant lady! I can't wait to see pictures of Lindy once she makes her appearance!

Jane - The quilts sound beautiful! I am sooooo not domestically skilled! I don't think I could even manage to sew a button on something

Rachel - Good to see you back! And 1 pound is not much damage. I'll trade you!

Leenie! Miss you!

Yesterday was a long day. After a solid nine hours of work (I don't like to take lunch breaks), I was not only tired but feeling really overwhelmed at this job. I know I'm totally capable of doing the work, but my 'manager' is the most uninvolved person I've seen. When I ask for a little guidance (eg - who should I talk to about this?) he just says that he doesn't have time and that he's sure I'll figure it out. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

Luckily, I have a fabulous DH who came out to work even though it was his day off and dragged my sorry *** to the gym instead of the bar. I felt much better after taking some frustration out on the elliptical trainer.

After the gym, I got in a quick shower and then off to do healthy grocery shopping. I was so tired that I didn't go with my planned dinner and got LC pizza instead. Not the best choice, but better than McD's, right?

I spent the rest of the night doing housework and finally fell into bed at 11:00 last night. I really thought that 5:30 this morning was going to hurt like ****, but surprisingly, I feel pretty good! Eek!!!! Maybe I'm meant to work like that all the time!

StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 10:31 AM   #8  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning ladies just flying by also to say Hi, it has been soooooooo busy at work!!! What is with all these people wanting cable??? hahahahahaha

I was totally OP yesterday and it felt great!!

Talk to you after work.

LOVE TG

Have a great day!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 10:44 AM   #9  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good Morning!

Just sitting here with my cup of java and reading posts before I need to run the kiddos to school.

I think I have finally figured out a schedule that will allow me to post more often around here!

The scale is making great strides already in the downward trend this week and I am only on day 3 of induction! I am very motivated to keep it up!

My son hit his head yesterday at recess, he has a HUGE bump on his forehead but thankfully no concussion! Now if I can just convince him not to play rough at recess today!

Brenda - Hang in there. the weight will drop! Yep the muscles get a little bloated to counteract the soreness. Once you build up about a pound of muscle, you will start to see the weight pour off. Just keep hanging in there! I hope you wake up soon!

Lisa - I was thinking about you a lot yesterday! I know that these last few days go by so slowly! Are you still working now? Or are you on leave?

Jane - You are so welcome! I am actually talking to my doctor today. I have to bring in some paperwork to start allergy shots (For dogs and cats) and I want to mention my symptoms.. I think I will end up with Prednisone again.. sigh.... Hope your shoulder feels better soon? Is it getting better?

rachel - Your post made me smile! I am a New Year's Baby! I was born at 12:00:25 AM January 1, 1967. And I was 26 seconds LATE! I was supposed to be born on December 31st. I was the 1st baby of the year in the SF Bay Area. BTW, congrats on your weightloss so far! YOu will be back on track again soon!

Leenie: You are always just zooming by!

Star - OMG! Your boss sounds like one of my first bosses I had out of college! It is so frustrating at first isnt it? But knowing you, you will figure it out yourself.. you are so tenatious! Good for your DH getting you to the gym! And LC Pizza.. hmmm.. when I get back to OWL, I will have to get the brand you buy.. my family likes pizza so I might have to try that once in awhile!

OK.. Off to get the kids to school, I'll be back later!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 11:01 AM   #10  
Head Princess

Karen - You are always so encouraging! Thank you! On the pizza note, my all time favorite is Papa Murphy's thin de-lite pizzas. They're inexpensive, and sooooooooo yummy! If you prefer a frozen pizza, the winner for me is Michael Angelo's. It's kindof high in carbs (around 22 grams for the whole thing) but it's so filling that I find I can eat half and be totally happy. Finally, if you don't want to deal with baking it, Godfather's has a super yummy low carb pizza.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:41 AM   #11  

Good morning again ladies!

Jane: I hope that the PT helps your shoulder. Seems that you haven't been feeling well lately. I hope that changes soon for you! It seems that it's so hard to stay OP when you are not feeling well! Good Luck staying away from the change machine!

Rachel: Good luck getting back OP! It's hard after the holidays, but I am sure you will do great! I'm also hoping that this little one gets here sooner than I think

Leenie: Good Morning Hope you have a great OP day!

Star: It's so good to see you back around here! Congrats on making it to the gym! The LC pizza sounds great! I will have to check that out for when I get back OP! And dont' worry....I'll be posting lots of pics as soon as this little one finally gets here

TG: Miss you around here! Great job on staying OP yesterday! Here's to another OP day today!

Karen: Nice to see you around here more also! Sorry to hear about your DS hitting his head. At least there was no concussion! I am off work now. This is my 3rd week on leave. Being on my feet all day long and running around so much was just getting to me. Now I am bored to death being home

Well, think I am going to take a little nap now. I wake up 3 or 4 times a night and so usually by this time of day I want a nap Then I have to run into town to pay our property taxes. grrrrrrrr That is one place I always hate going. They always have something screwed up that I have to straighten out. Usually they have something valued at an outrageous amount! I hope that everyone has a great OP day, and I'll check back in in a little while!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 12:20 PM   #12  
Look at me go ;)

Morning Everyone!

Sorry I didn't respond to everyone yesterday, but I did read. Rachel and Jina, it's so good to see you guys again! I am loving all these familiar faces.

Brenda, keep it up girly! You can do it and soon you won't be tired anymore. I wish I was where you are right now

Lisa: Rest chicky, rest! Soon you'll be praying for some sleep Baby will be here soon enough but I bet you are anxious! I hate dealing with business that don't have their head on straight. It amazes me how some of them can stay in business period!

Jane: I'm sorry your shoulder is hurting but very happy to hear how much better you are feeling with the cough. I hope you can get rid of it soon and that your dr can give you some kind of game plan so it doesn't get so bad anymore.I bet the quilt is beautiful! I am like Star, can't sew a button.........although I can crochet blankets

Rachel: WOW, only a pound over the holidays, that is sooooooooooo awesome! Congrats on both your new low weight marker and doing so great over those killer holiday treats. I am sure it will be gone in no time!

Morning Leenie, miss you and our chats!

Star: I hate incompetency! Especially when it's from someone we are supposed to be able to turn to for help! I hope you get the feel of things quick so you don't need to ask him anything. It doesn't sound like he will be getting that "glassectomy" anytime soon! ( a glassectomy is when they put a window in his stomach so he can see out while his head is up his @** ) Way to go on getting in the work out and you're right, a lc pizza is waaaaaaaaaay better than mickey d's

TG- Woohoo for you! Hope today is as a great an OP day as yesterday was!

Karen: I would have said something bout the dog. I think Paula worded it perfectly when talking about asking if this was their policy or if you needed to find another gym. You are there to work out, not play with your dog.......go to a dog park if it needs socialization @@. I am glad you are feeling better to. I hope the allergy shots help you out so your reactions aren't so bad. Good job on induction too! I had no idea your muscles compensated water for soreness. I just thought I wasn't doing it right

As for me, I am trying my best to make healthy choices with what I've got right now. I'm drinking mostly water, and at least 64oz of it, so I am slowly weaning my cravings down too. That will be a good thing and help with induction. I've already got the caffiene withdrawl headache

I didn't get up yesterday to work out, was way to tired although I regretted not doing it when I WAS finally up and at'em. Then I thought I could get in a nice walk during my playground duty, and then at lunch, and after work but all it did was pour freezing cold rain yesterday. I didn't get anything in. Then I got so caught up in a book I started reading yesterday that I actually finished it last night which kept me up until almost 1. Needless to say I didn't get up this morning either and I had kids in the office this morning so I didn't do my playground duty. Grrrrrrrrr, it's still raining but I'm praying for a let up so I can go walk on lunch. That's about it here. See ya soon
Cinnymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 12:44 PM   #13  
The Princess O' Pets

Busy Busy morning on here for my gals!!! It is so nice to hear from all of you and to feel the new energy of 2005 in our bones!! Why you ask?? Cause we are the BOMB!!! ahahahahahaha

I can't tell you how happy I am to be back OP, I am gonna keep myself OP this week and then next week work the gym back in. By that time all the hectic holiday and DS birthday stuff should be long gone! I cannot believe my babies are 3 and 5 now they are turning into men!! ahahahaha

Promise to to personals ASAP, I just can't catch up now you guys are to much..ahhahahahaha but I promise I read each and every post!

Hugs
TG

PS dang it Lisa I can't wait for Lindy to come already, you better take a long walk lady!! ahahahahahahaha!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 12:58 PM   #14  

BRENDA - Maybe the weather is getting to you, I know that I can get so tied into the blah winter days very easily.

LISA - January babies are hardy folks, I should know I am the 20th, I get an inaugration every four years, sort of a Federal party.

JANE - speaking of weather, apparently the storm expected tomorrow or Thursday is so severe, my SIL has already said she will watch DD if there is no school, this is really also a benefit for her, my nephew and DD get along like anything so two of them will amuse themselves rather than one of them being bored. The Christmas quilt sounds lovely.

RACHEAL - Saw that first baby story too, those are going to be some birthday parties. Good for you getting enough sleep, it does make a huge difference.

The gym seems ok at 5:30, I guess the new resolvers don't come until later in the day, though DH didn't think that there were too many when he went after work. Maybe they are all waiting for next week. LOL.

KAREN - bumps on the head, made me wince to read that. And Happy Birthday to you.

I had my sausage and omlet for breakfast, really good stuff. I am feeling so much better on the routine. Not sure why I got out of it.

I am having my Carb Monitor soup for lunch. I really like it and am willing to spend the carbs on it. I also took a walk this morning, to avoid the mindless eating and in an effort to get rid of this headache.

Working late tonight, but am scheduling a facial for the end of the week, have to celebrate somehow.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 01:44 PM   #15  
Head Princess

TG - you got your new license plates, right? I'm watching for your car!