Old 01-03-2005, 07:22 AM   #1  

Default Desperate Housewives # 3 ~Monday~

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 18 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:47 AM   #2  

Default A New Day~ A Fresh Start

GOOD MORNING LADIES!!!

Kristin, I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I'm glad you at least got some things done for your house to keep your mind off of it for a little while anyway. I truely hope this year is much better for you!

JIll, I'm praying Bayley responds to those meds real fast and that you keep her home with you. I know you must be a wreck! Let us know how she is. Keep your chin up!

Chris, How's it goin this morning? You all ready for a new day of drinkin water till your floating and Exercising your smaller butt off... Your doin great....keep up the great work girl! We are going to Onederland together!

Roxy...where r ya?

Deana, how r u? I guess you've just been crazy busy lately. Please post of pic of the vase and the thinner you. HOw's Curves doing?? I hope we hear from you more often.

Michelle, how was your Pilates Abs workout at work ..last night? LOL, hope you weren't too busy there? I'll try to give you a land line later.

Penny, Hope all is well, we didn't hear from you yesterday! How's that eye?

Geri, where'v ya been?

Crystal, I saw your pics. I can see why you are sooo uncomfortable. I bet you go a bit early. I wonder how big that little allison is going to be? The kids look so adorable too. Bet they can't wait for the baby!

OK, all, as I said above. A new day and a fresh start. I will be hitting the gym and working this butt off too. Ughhh. I did fit into my NEW SIZE 14 Pants. Which was totally thrilling for me. Now I really know that I have gained tons of muscle. I'm usually a 14 when I'm about 175-180lbs somewhere in there. I was so excited I can't tell you. Dh was real happy for me too. So challangers Lundges today and drink water too. I am so determined to get this weight off, that this time I feel I will actually make it! I will do it I will do it I will do it.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QOTD: I am thankful for the love of my beautiful children and family and for the love and friendship of my husband. I am thankful that we are all for the most part healthy and happy!

Quote: "To love another person is to see the face of God" Les Miserables I believe
Old 01-03-2005, 08:34 AM   #3  

OH BTW, I FIGURED THAT ITS A NEW YEAR THAT WE WOULD START THE NUMBERS ON THE DAY WE ARE ON....
Old 01-03-2005, 08:36 AM   #4  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Hi all, this will be quick - DS is whining to get at the keyboard.

Jilly - I'm sorry Bayley is sick!! But I'm glad her doc caught it, and I'm sure she'll get better soon. I know it's so hard to feel that out of control.

I'll check back on everyone later, when DS is asleep - yea, Mel on the pants!! What a wonderful feeling!
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:39 AM   #5  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning!!!

Mel: You are soooo right about a new day/new year and new start. I gained back 2.5 as of this morning and have started to log my calories again. I had been really bad about it since Thanksgiving mainly from being so busy to get Christmas ready, done and over with. WOOHOO on the size 14s! I can still only dream about them . I've still been getting to Curves atleast twice a week. Hope to increase that now that the holidays are over. I will finish my camera today and take it in to get developed so I should have them back tomorrow so I can post pics. I now have 3 vases/candle holders done and am sesriously thinking about making them and selling them. I will wiat til I get some feedback other than my kids' opinions before I decide for sure. So everyone has to be honest. If you think they are ugly, please, please tell me so I won't waste my time and money making them .

Tracy: Good morning to you! Hope you have a great day :grin:

Jill: Sorry to hear Bayley is sick. Hope she gets to feeling better soon. Get some rest yourself. When do you start school again?

Michelle: Hope you got a workout in last night at work. How's the weather wayyyy up there? We are getting rain and it's holding steady at 34 degrees but they are predicting an ice storm tomorrow night . I hate ice storms! We had one in Jan/Feb 2002 and lost power for 4.5 days and had to go stay with friends who still had electricity. It was horrible! I hope it doesn't happen again. BTW, I noticed we were at the same weight until I gained back.....wanna race to Onederland? Maybe a prize in the end? Let me know .

Penny: I taped Smackdown Thursday night so I could see if you were on tv, but haven't had a chance to sit down and watch it. I will try to get that done in the next couple days. Wrestling isn't really my thing but if I show ds#1 your pic then he can help me spot you :grin:. What happened to your eye? Are you okay?

Chris and Mel: Can't wait to see you 2 in Onederland!!! And hopefully I will join you soon. I changed my minigoal and ticker so let's go ladies!!!

Well, the boys went back to school today, dd has preschool and dh goes back to work tonight.....so back to the grind! But atleast they will all be outta my hair again for a while . I'm going to take pics and will drop the camera off today. I'll check back later.

Hello to all the other sahm's!

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 10:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Hey ladies remember me? I kind of fell off the wagon with the holidays and managed to gain back the 5 lbs that I had lost. So here I am in a new year with a new resolve. I went to the gym this morning and plan on going as often as possible. I want to lose this weight. Hope everyone is doing well and had a good Christmas. My goals for January are to lose 5 lbs and to lower the amount of time it takes me to walk a mile on the treadmill. I walk about a 20 minute mile right now. I'm setting small monthly goals instead of trying to look at the big picture. I will set new goals each month. I'll pop back in later and try to get personal.
Steph
bobsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 10:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning girls!!

Mel, you are sooo encouraging!! Yes I got my pilates abs in last night, I did 100 before work and I did another 100 while at work. I was busy up til about 11pm my time but after the restaurant closed it quieted down a bit. I'm happy to report that I stayed totally OP all day yesterday and I feel good today for it I'll be around all day if you want to give me a shout

Deana, you can do it girl!! The hard part is just getting yourself back into the groove. Are you going to curves today? I've planned a 2 mi watp and some weight training, and the challenge of course. Hope you have a great day.

Tracy Have a good day girly!! Anything fun planned?

Okay I better get off of here and get the day rolling. BBL
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 10:45 AM   #8  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hey Girlies...

Deana,
I will have to look at the tape again and I will pinpoint exactly when they shot the glimpse over us...lol We were not in the front We were on the first row so you can barely see us.. but I'll let you know Thanks! I know you are gonna get those pounds back off! I know whatcha mean about back to the grind... here too. Are you going to Curves?? A bottle rocket hit my eye on New Years Eve.. so it is black and blue and has a cut over it...lol

Tracy,
Hope you have a awesome day!

Mel,
Thanks for starting the new thread! Big mouth about my eye... Congrats on the pants! That is awesome!!!!! All of my 12s are tight again b/c of the weight

Kristen,
Again, I am sooo sorry to hear about your loss. You are always in my prayers. I love ya lots!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!

BTW, Michelle, are you anywhere close to an Air Force Base there? I just got word that bil and sil are more than likely going to be stationed in Montana!

Ok I got a busy day... TTYL!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 10:48 AM   #9  

Deana, sounds good to me on the race to wonderland, don't worry girly, I need to change my weight tracker to 217 thats what my weigh in yesterday said let meknow what you're thinking of

Steph, welcome back! Here's to a great year!
Old 01-03-2005, 10:51 AM   #10  

Hey penny!! I'm sorry about your eye, although you must look like a cute little bruiser LOL Ummm I don't think the AF base is around my town I think towards Chris' side of the state unless there is a top secret one that they have hidden I'm glad you had fun at WWE!!

Okay really, I gotta go so don't anyone post until after I'm gone lol
TTYL!
Old 01-03-2005, 02:34 PM   #11  

Hi ladies!

Breakfast was good, I had 1 cup of Kashi go lean crunch which was recommended to me by Kristin and I love it!! I had 2/3 cup skim milk with it. My sister wants to go to lunch but I'm afraid to. Although the restaurant at my work has a sandwich called the Sunset Grill which is grilled ham on sourdough with onions and peppers it can't be that bad, but I don't really want to go out so we'll see if it happens.

I thought you all might like to register for the body challenge here is the link. I've registered for it, it seems like it would be pretty neat! http://health.discovery.com/converge...lenge2005.html

Let me know what you think.
TTYL!!
Old 01-03-2005, 04:18 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

I signed up for the body challenge too. I can use all the help I can get. Thanks for the link Michelle.
Steph
bobsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 05:56 PM   #13  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Ladies!

Sorry I missed your posts Steph (welcome back!) and Michelle!

I had signed up for the discovery health challenge awhile back.

I will check in later on this afternoon... I am on the way out to our Kidney Walk Committee Meeting!

Have a great evening!
Old 01-03-2005, 09:14 PM   #14  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Ladies!

Just got home from the kidney meeting..

Gonna jump in the tub real quick and get my kids to bed then i'll be back

I am soooo excited though and had to share!

As of tonight, we are at $9,000 dollars raised for the foundation!!!!
Old 01-03-2005, 09:56 PM   #15  
Jeniqua

Hey ladies!! This year is going to be great!! We can all make this a wonderful year. I am doing good..I really want this week to get me motivated and to see results.

Jill~ I've been praying for your daughter, that she'll have a quick recovery. My daughter had pneumonia in her right lung too and had to be hospitalized. It's scary for any mom when their child is sick. Give her all the TLC she needs..

Melissa~ YOU WILL DO IT!! You're on a roll. Keep burning butter..lol. How was the gym?? Way to go with the new pants!!

Deana~ You're doing great with your weight loss. Keep up the FANTASTIC job.. YAY!!

Penny~ I'm sorry about your sore eye. I know that had to hurt. I'm glad your boys had a blast the other night.

Hey Steph~ Welcome back!!

Tracy~ How was your day??

Chris~ Keep up the great job!! Onederland here she comes.

Michelle~ Hey Girl!! How was your day??

Roxy~ Yeah, where are you??? We miss you

Spryng~ Where are you? What are you up to these days??

P.S.~ Sherry told me to tell everyone she says hello. Her computer is down and she will be back as soon as her computer is up and running.

Have a nice night everyone!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote