Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 06:22 PM   #1  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

Default Happy Moo Year

I do not feel like looking up the names of the threads from past years, but I’m sure that my thread title is a repeat. Someone will look it up, probably Peachez. I will cook a lovely dinner.

I have succumbed to peer pressure and bought Leslie. I will be marching in front of my TV soon. We have company or I would start immediately.

Last edited by Lohani; 12-30-2004 at 09:16 PM.
Old 12-30-2004, 06:34 PM   #2  

Lushie, I'm thrilled that you're joining the herd in marching along with Leslie. See you next year!!!!
Old 12-31-2004, 06:20 AM   #3  
fatter than U

Talking Leslie is the bomb!

You'll love it, Lushy! It's really not all that bad, and she's so encouraging. Ds11 even did it yesterday because he thinks he's getting a little pudgy. He is, but I'm trying not to pressure him about it.

Must get cooking. Less than 12 hours 'til midnight here. Managed to sleep until 11 a.m. the fourth day in a row. Lovely.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:25 AM   #4  
loves kleenex box art

I hope my avatar works. I want to be Wabby Jr.

I also own Leslie tapes from back in the Herby days. He kept the one-mile and sent the others along with me. Do they actually work?I guess so, huh? Should try them.

Going to check my avatar now.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:24 PM   #5  
cow with the double chin

Default Doin a quick drop by

Stoppin in to wish you lovely adorable cows a happy and healthy 2005. Couldnt make it through the holidays without sending you my love.

Life is GOOD here. I am finally sober.....wohhhhhhooooo 9 months and actually living the AA program, unlike last time. I have proved to myslef, this is where i need to be. Kids are great. Single and LOVING IT.

Hope all is well with you all.

*smooches*

Muffie
Old 12-31-2004, 04:32 PM   #6  
fatter than U

Default Muffers!!!

Way to go! What a woman. Glad to hear you're doing so well.

10:29 p.m. here. Kids are outside letting off firecrackers with Papa and I'm in here relaxing and not even thinking about cleaning up the kitchen yet. Have a teeny tiny glass of sparkling w(h)ine in my hand. I suppose the headache tomorrow will be worth it.

How come it says Kiwi was the last one to post on the jingling cows thread but I can't see the post?

Are we making New Years resolutions? I'm sure not. Never have, never will. But this year we'll be perfect, right?
Old 12-31-2004, 04:54 PM   #7  
Member w/ messiest house

That's cuz I deleted it because I was answering an ancient message because I'd forgotten to read all of them before I posted, and frankly it made no sense. So I'm here, but I have to go because I'm going to a very small NYEve party -- but at least I'm getting out of the house!!

I will Leslie-ing starting Monday when everyone goes back to school and work. Right now I am tired from all the (damn) driving etc. Happy New Year to all good Cowies!

(That's all of us, in case anyone was wondering)

Kiwi
Old 01-01-2005, 03:04 AM   #8  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

Welcome to Perfect 2005. I am planning to get every aspect of my life in perfect order this year. I am starting with DH and working my way down from tallest to shortest. As soon as I finish with him, I get to work on ds14. I am next. I am sure I'll be at the top of the Feb. list.
I walked with Leslie today. It was more fun than a barrel of monkeys. I didn't listen to her encouraging me because I did picture in picture while I watched regular tv. I checked her website and you have to PAY to read the boards. I love our 3fcs. I wonder if they bill automatically because I still don't get popups or ads. I also don't see anything asking for money.
I am back from my NYE party. DS12 stayed over. The rest of us are home in our sweet little sober house. I think it should be a rule that a video camera be mounted in an out of the way corner at every party so the drunk "funny" people could listen to their lame jokes in the morning.
Muffie, I am so PROUD of you. No one needs to take hidden video of you, huh? I'm glad you stopped by.
I should go to bed. I am cooking a lovely traditional pork and sauerkraut dinner tomorrow. Is that the tradition anywhere else?
bye
Old 01-01-2005, 02:52 PM   #9  
Member w/ messiest house

Hidden video, huh? Maybe we could make it part of the patRIOT Act, eh?

I'm so glad you're going to be perfect this year. I look forward to copying you. How do you plan to perfect the DH? That sounds like more than a year's project to me.

Had nice party last night at people's house an hour away -- there were only 7 of us (and 2 were DD and a friend) but we managed to stretch it out to 1:30 am and then I had to drive home. And it was rainy/freezy/slick and a bit nervewracking to drive. The real trick was getting down our driveway: the whole thing was covered by a thick sheet of ice. And of course, it's downhill to the garage. I crept a ways down and starting sliding. It took several minutes to inch my way down. I'm so glad I hadn't let anyone else drive -- I suspect we would have ended up in a ravine.

So today I'm trying to install and activate Norton Antivirus on the other computer. DH has tried it half a dozen times and it doesn't work. I don't really have much hope for it.

What an exciting life I lead. Hope all yours are, well, something else.

Happy New Year!

Kiwi
Old 01-01-2005, 03:09 PM   #10  
fatter than U

Thumbs up dh makeover

Oh yes please, Lushy, do provide detailed list/plan/diagram of how you intend to perfect your dh. Having a perfect dh has always been my goal, but I'm afraid there's not all that much to work with. It could take decades Heh, only kidding. At least he doesn't stay out all night at bars lookin' at other women. As far as I know.

Wow, Kiwi! Glad you got home safely. Ice is the worst.

OK, I AM going to make one resolution: I refuse to let houswork control my life any longer!!!Well, it's worth a try, at least.
Old 01-01-2005, 06:28 PM   #11  
Member w/ messiest house

Housework doesn't control my life. The avoidance of housework and the resulting consequences control my life. Strangely enough, today while I was waiting for the computer to boot up for the x-teenth time, I cleaned the bathroom and did a load of laundry. Perhaps I'm turning over a new leaf. heh.

I also got the foolish virus software to load and update and I am the computer hero of the house today. DH is the puter expert around here (yes, I will admit he is much better than I--my advantage is patience with the details, and persistence) and he had been banging his head against the wall over this thing since we got home Thursday night. I will not gloat. I will not gloat. I will not gloat.

What's for dinner?

Kiwi
Old 01-01-2005, 11:00 PM   #12  

Default *****y or Bovine. You be the judge.

Sometimes New Year's is good. Sometimes it isn't. It isn't this year.
I forgot to take anti-depressants for a coupld of days, for one thing (too focused on Martha Stewart caliber Christmas Cookies I made with DD-- but mostly ate by myself. CR*P. Did get some knitting done. No exercise. Do you all really recommend Leslie? I think I should just hang myself from our Bow-Flex wanna be equipment. Grumpy Grumpy. I did, however, find a neat website for all of us: COWS! I probably OUGHT to be grateful. We didn't have bad weather or typhoons or health problems or repo-men showing up. OK. I'm grateful. But I am still crabby. Drat. I will post more when I am over it.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:16 PM   #13  

Still cranky. But updated at least.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:19 PM   #14  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

COWS!!!! that is from PEI----that is a the next province over from me Painty!!! how funny that you found that----they make the BEST ice cream ever---sort of like Baskin Robins or Ben and Jerry's----they are a very popular stop on Prince Edward Island---we buy their tee shirts.ANYway---that made me smile----I should get someone to scan the pic of Kiwi,Betty and I at the Cattle Crossing Sign-----KIWONK!!! do you have this pic????
Old 01-03-2005, 01:43 PM   #15  

Yes, Painty, Leslie is the answer for we less than athletic types. She is so simple that even I can do it. It takes no coordination. I only promise myself to turn it on, then I tell myself I can quit at any time, then I tell myself I only have to do the first mile, then somehow I keep on going until then end of the video. See what a non exerciser I am? Works for me. You just have to get over the initial feeling of silliness marching in front a tv.

Kiwi, everybody here knows you're a computer whiz.

Lush, please forward DH perfecting instructions. My dear dear DH went fishing all day on New Years Eve. 6 am until 6 pm. Then he came home, ate and zonked out by 9 pm. That was my rockin' New Years Eve. At least he was warm to snuggle against at midnight, even though he was unconscious. Ya gotta look at the bright side.

Muffie, it's wonderful that you're letting the program work for you. My sis has 3 yrs sobriety now and it just keeps getting better and better for her. So good to hear from you, girlfriend.

Happy New Year to all my favorite Cowsies!!!!!
Closed Thread