Old 01-02-2005, 11:15 PM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Monday Chat - January 3rd

Okay so I cheated, its not Moanday yet

Tomorrow being the first day back to work after a 2 week vacation will be pretty hairy, so I figured I'd post this now cause I might not be able to pop in.

I picked up a ton of veggies at the store, got some garden burgers, a few ww frozen meals, they were on sale and I have my veggie egg rolls...I'm set, now all I need is Gods strength to push me along.

How's it going with you all ?

Oh btw, I plan on getting up in the morning and doing WATP tape I'll let you know if it REALLY happened lololol.

Hugs !
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 12:01 AM   #2  
Look at me go ;)

You and me both Leenie! I plan on getting up early and starting my routine so I will be in the habit of everything when I move. I told Paula to ask me tomorrow if I really did it.

I had a two week vacation as well and let me say I am NOT ready to go back to work! I don't know where the time went??? I can't even remember what I did. As for my eating, well my sister and her friend and their kids should be outta here this week so that will bring some relief, but I'm not going shopping until the end of feb. So, onto the exercise routine! And whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy isn't my exercise boot camp filled up yet??? Hmmmm????

::hands on hips shaking finger at ya'll :::
Cinnymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:31 AM   #3  
Mom, Queen of Everything

You two are soooooo sneaky!

Leenie: What's a WATP tape? I've tried to come up with all kinds of ideas for that acronyms, some of the fairly raunchy side.

Randi: It's now 5:29 am. ARE YOU UP YET????? Get your rear in gear darling!

Back to work today after 2 glorious weeks of rest and relaxation. Okay, now who doesn't think I won't be collapsing at the end of the day?!?!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Keep your eyes on the prize sweeties!
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 08:37 AM   #4  

Morning all.....sorry I missed you over the New Year. I went home sick from work on Thursday and today is my first day feeling somewhat human Still coughing and stuffed up a bit but nothing like I was last week!
Hope you all had a wonderful New Years.

I see there are a lot of people back with us. Welcome. Good to see you all again.

Happy Belated Birthday Karen. Where are you?

Leenie: Good luck at work. I hate coming back in to a pile of paper and phone messages.

Spedmom: WATP tapes are Walk Away The Pounds. There are a bunch of them. I have the 1 mile and 3 mile video. It actually is one of the only exercise videos that I continue to use.

Cinnymamma: Ok, ok, ok......off to sign up for boot camp ma'am!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 08:41 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Sounds like you're all set to take the world by storm. Wish they made LC egg rolls. lol. Try and have a good day! DID you do the WATP tape?

Randi: I'm "hoping" to make some tracks today after work to start off the exercise boot camp statistics Did you move your tushy this morning???

Paula: I didn't have off for 2 weeks but I STILL feel like collapsing...and I haven't even been to work yet Try and stay awake!!!

Ok. So yesterday I had the headache and around 2:00 felt like taking a snooze (and almost fell asleep while watching tv) . I remember THIS feeling!! lol. I cheated a little and had a handful of nuts last night. But figured it was better that than non-LC stuff. TOM is coming so that's making this an interesting week The scale was nice and went down a pound already. So I'm sure with TOM coming THAT'LL stop. lol. As long as a couple pounds gets dropped by my WI day of Saturday I'll be happy...and well on my way to losing my Valentines Day challenge weight. It's SOOO cold outside. All I wanna do is cover up in a blanket and go back to sleep. I can't even do that after work. Grrrr.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 08:43 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Jane: Hi there and glad you're feeling better! It sounds like you came down with that nasty cold? I heard the flu was going around and not sure which one sounds like the worse to have.

Paula: Sorry I missed your WATP question (Thanks Jane for answering it ). I have the 1,2 & 3 mile tapes. Both w/the weighted balls (little plastic balls silly! Gutter mind!!) and the next set of 3 have to do w/the stretchy bands. Both are GREAT workouts. Much better one than I ever got from the treadmill that's for sure!!
Old 01-03-2005, 10:51 AM   #7  
Head Princess

Monday already?

Hope everyone had a great new years! I went dancing (ok, there may have been some alcohol involved, too.)

Leenie - Did you do your WATP? I'm dying to hear!

Cinny - Um, I haven't looked at the boot camp thread yet. I'm a bad muffin!

Paula - Try to throw a quick power walk in there. It will wake you up!

Jane - Glad you're feeling better. Colds are not fun!

Brenda - Hang in there! You know it's worth it!

All you lucky ladies who had two weeks off! I've only been back to work for 3 weeks so I guess I don't have much room to whine - YET Well, I'm back to paying attention to what/how much I eat. The nutritional values and the whole thing. Really, when I think about how much better I feel when I'm eating right and exercising, I don't know why I wander off sometimes. Weird

As for exercise, I'm back to my Pilates and now I've got this nifty gym membership here on my work campus. They have EVERYTHING here. Any class you could want, any equipment, any court, pools, and a spa. It's a little expensive, but if it gets DH and I looking like little hard bodies, it's well worth it. We're going to just work out on the stationary bikes or something for the first couple of weeks since orientation isn't until the second week of the month. Then we'll have all sorts of assessments done and hook up with our personal trainers. Weeeeeeeeeee! I love attention

Yesterday was an adventure for me. I went for a personal helicopter ride! I have a few friends who are in school to become commercial helicopter pilots and one of them invited me to go fly with him yesterday. OMG that thing was tiny!!! There was just enough room for the two of us and that was it. We spend 2 1/2 hours flying all over the west side of Portland and clear out to the mountain ranges. We even flew over my parent's house so I could take a picture What a blast! Hopefully in a couple of weeks, we're going to fly out to the coast and down the coastline. Lucky me!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 10:59 AM   #8  

Star: That is so cool! What a rush that must have been. Did you take other pictures too?
That sounds great about the gym at work. We have one too in our building but it is pricey and I just can't afford to do it. Plus I hate working out at lunch. After work I just want to go home!
I am going to start logging my food into FitDay again too......need to start keeping track of the numbers again.

Brenda: I don't know if I CAN do strict induction again......wish I could.....don't worry about the nuts. If that is the worse thing you do I think you will be fine.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 12:07 PM   #9  
Movin' and Losin'

Leenie: So, were you WATP this morning???

Cinnymamma: It sure is great seeing you back around here!

Paula: I'm keeping my eye on that prize!

Jane: Glad you are feeling better!

Brenda: I'm going through those nasty induction feelings, too! Yuck! But, it will be so worth it.

Star: Wow! A personal trainer?? How cool is that?

Well, I gained a couple of pounds over the holidays, but that will soon be coming off! I'm in induction mode for two weeks. I'm re-starting this whole deal -- hopefully, with the same motivation that I originally started with.

Our softball team practiced for two hours yesterday. I got in lots of exercise and a sunburn. I love sneaking in exercise. It never felt like exercise at the time because I was having fun, but I definitely feel it today.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 12:41 PM   #10  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning ladies!!

Well I am inductioning today with the exception of some cashews I ate this AM, I need to get to the store today and get some real Atkins food. I am just swingin by to say Hi right now i will be back after work, cause it is CRAZY busy in here today.

LOve TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 12:46 PM   #11  
on my way down again

Hi All, I'm just popping in to say a quick hi. Sorry I don't have time for personals, but I read everyone's and will be back to check in later in the everning.

I am starting Induction today. I am off to town right now to buy food and start my walking in the park. It's not raining today--it's 26'F though. I better go get ready to go. Have a great day!!! Bye for now, Sonnet
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 01:59 PM   #12  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good Morning all!

I had a busy morning.. Got the kids off to school then to the Gym.. even posted in my blog/journal.

Today is day 2 of induction and I am SO going through withdrawl now. The headache is killing me.. it started yesterday in the afternoon. TYlenol is my friend.

The bad news is that yesterday, the scal showed 1.5 pounds up from my original Valentines day beginning weight.. but the good news is that today I was already down 2 pounds! So who knows what Sunday will show for my official weigh in!

Any how.. I got in my run and some weights.. but I want you guys to read my blog and tell me what you thing I should do about the situation.. I just dont want to type it all again.. My Blog Any response would be AWESOME! Thanks in advance!

One thing though.. I am going to be VERY SORE tomorrow. But I am glad I started in again!

Leenie - Did you do your WATP???

Randi - I am planning to head to your thread next! CONGRATS on the apartment!

Jane - I hope you are feeling better QUICKLY! Thanks for the Birthday wishes! I had a very BUSY weekend!

Brenda - I hear ya with the headache! I am just glad to know that it will be gone in a few days! But in the mean time ARGH! And reading about the TOM comeing soon.. I just have to say.. NO MORE TOM WORRIES FOR ME! sorry.. I forgot all about the problems I would have with TOM. I am wondering if having my ovaries still will have any impact.. hmm.. we might have to see how it goes.... And it is so cold here too! it was 27 degrees when I got up.. It needs to snow if it is going to get this cold!

Star - You and your friends totally amaze me! My hubby would love to take a helicopter ride.. me? im afraid of heights! How cool is that to have a gym right on the work campus! that is so convienent too!

jina - Good for you playing softball. I want to do that some day. It has been a very long time for me.. but I would love to do it again!

TG - Have a good calm day!

Sonnet - Brrrrrr.. Just like us up here in WA. have a great walk!

I will check in later gang!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 03:05 PM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Sorry just a quickie here.

I didn't do my WATP (walk away the pounds) tape, DH never set his alarm clock, so I got up at 5 am instead of 4:30.

Its okay b/c I walked 45 minutes during lunch and tonight I'll do weights.

Hope you are all doing wonderful, I'll check back later to catch up.

HUGS
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 03:14 PM   #14  
Baby Steps

Star: OMG I'd love to have a personal trainer. But the poor person would have to come HERE to get me off my lazy tush!! Enjoy it

Jane: I'm having a hard time with strict induction. The main problem is the nuts. It's the only thing I've really added to my last "induction" phase. Never got passed that. I'm hoping this time it's different. And not sure, but I'm thinking on Wednesday I'm going to have to have a wrap seeing how I'm going on a field trip w/oldest DD and they're stopping at a mall cafe court. Doubt there's LC options there.

Jina: Sounds like you had fun. Hope you're not too sore tomorrow as a result. And you're right, once these first few days are over and the energy starts to come back this will be SO worth it

TG: Try not to work too hard

Sonnet: Definitely cold where you're at also! Where are you from again?

Karen: Free or not, they shouldn't have allowed her to bring the dog. Unless she needed it to see or something I didn't think dogs were allowed in public places. I'd complain if I were you!! Hope your allergies aren't acting up too badly!

Well, didn't get my exercise in like I wanted. Mainly because I had to do errands after work and it took longer than I wanted. I'm thinking of doing the exercises now and then doing GS stuff afterwards. That way I can get it in before anyone gets home
Old 01-03-2005, 03:14 PM   #15  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Sounds like you did great in the exercise dept even if you didn't do WATP!!