Old 01-02-2005, 06:33 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up Chit Chat #101

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies Club. We are a friendly group that provides support, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles. Feel free to join us!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 07:06 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good morning, ladies,

Cristi - why are you going to be gone a couple of days? So glad your house is back to normal, and I bet it looks gorgeous! Not sure if I mentioned it here or not, but Mary and Dale are going to fix up the old house, not Neal and me. They need the room, and we don't. Plus, this way, they have no house payment at all so they can focus on renovation. She has some really good ideas about how to fix it up.

Marti - so sorry Tom's giving you trouble! Try to enjoy today with your family. Seemed like yesterday was Sunday, didn't it?

Ellen - aww, I so hope your DD gets things lined out w/DBF, if it's meant to be. Maybe she will confide in you soon.... Doesn't matter how old they are, we still worry and ache for them when they are hurt or sick, don't we? But you are right, something must have happened for her to come home before the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve.

Katy, Angie, Susan, Julie, Carree, Pam, Ann, and the rest... a big Hello!

A head's up to everyone: the administrators have gotten complaints of too many directly posted photos dragging down the system, and so now we will be asked to post photo links only, and use only small clip art. (That's why I deleted the photo of Neal and me on NYE.) I can see their point, and I know we'll all do our best to comply. URL links are still okay, so feel free to post those!

We went to see the new baby yesterday in Evansville, and he is a cutie! So small! Don;t really have plans for today yet.

Bbl,
Old 01-02-2005, 09:03 AM   #3  
RosieKate

Hello everyone!
I've been posting around the other threads, so now I've run out of stuff for Chit chat

Hope the new year is off to a good start for you all. Mine started well...for the most part. I reminded myself of why I a) rarely drink more than one glass of anything alcoholic b) stay up past midnight and c) eat everyhting in sight just cause it feels like an "eating" day! I basically was a tired, listless blob all day yesterday. I did, however, stay OP, so I'm off to a good start in 05.

2005 will be a big year for us. I turn 40, DH & I celebrate 15 years of marriage, and we are planning an expansion to the house. Lots to look forward to...oh, and I am planning to making my weight loss goal - still hoping to do it by my birthday in June. 05 should be the year the Oregon JLs finally get together.....whaddy think?

I'll try to be back for individuals later.
Cheers
Old 01-02-2005, 01:06 PM   #4  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Arghh ladies I wrote this long post then hit some button and couldn't go back and retrieve,,,gotta hate that...lol

HAPPY NEW YEAR! May you be blessed with health, wisdom and good fortune!

Jane, sorry I mised your pciture would of liked to have seen you snockered...lol and congrats on the new addition to your family. I envy Mary and the decorating....lol If she wants to ever talk about decorating,,,get her to email me,,,I always have ideas and suggestions.....and love talking about renovating.
Cristi, I have sued stencils, and like the free hand,,,with using stamps, and a thin brush to make vines and such. I have used plaster and stencils too, and that came out awesome,,,did a ivy and then painted it the same color as the wall then high lited it with other colors...
Ellen, hoping your DD is feeling better, gosh I would of loved a set from La Senza too. Im glad you bought yourself some too...you deserve it.
Katy, good to see you have plans,,,and great ones too...and ya I can see why you didn't mind a C section with James,,,geesh he was half grown.
We didn't do much for NYE, I infact was asleep by 9:30...I had worked early that day and with all the food I cooked once home I couldn't make the midnight hour.
Not much else happening around here,,,have theatre today.
better get showered and if I have time start taking down the decorations,,,yuck!
later
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 01:56 PM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies---

It's already the 2nd of January....where does time go??

Jane--Should I go back and delete those photos I have? I'm not even sure how to post an URL, is it the same way? I will oblige to the administrators and figure it out!

Katy--Yep, this should be the year we meet. Think I can manage it sometime this Spring??? What do you say? Or even this summer...when ever the weather is looking MUCH better. Did you get snow up there?

Angie--I'm on a night schedule so staying up wasn't a problem....getting to bed was though. You have such a busy schedule, when and where is your family's next vacation?

Cristi--I have never done any stencilling myself. A friend of mine did her kitchen and it looks beautiful. Not only was it not a boarder, but she was able to add personal touches! Let us know what you end up doing.

Ellen--I sure hope DD is ok and that it wasn't something terrible between her and DBF. I know that when Jhanai is in her 50's that I will still worry!! That's what a mother is all about you know.

Hello to all the rest of you girls. I'm sorry if I missed anyone......

Not much going on today. The one morning I decide to get up so Jhanai isn't up alone....she sleeps in!! Silly girl. I figure I'll wake her up here in a little while. We've been getting to bed way too late ALL weekend and school starts back up tomorrow and she needs to get back into getting up early again.

I'm going to take a shower and figure out what I'm going to do today. You all have a great day and I will check in later.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 04:50 PM   #6  

Happy New Year Girls!!

We didnt do much for New Years, we did go see Meet the Fockers!!! It was really hysterical.....We found it to be much funnier than the first movie: Meet the Parents!!
Im getting back on track today, bought a bunch of progresso soups for the week for lunches, Ive heard they are good for meals when on a diet....also stocked up on crystal light, yogurt, granola and salad....Im really gonna try hard here, gained 5 lbs through the holidays!!!!!Not happy about that, so its time to get serious here....
Going to the doctors tuesday to get my blood work results, dont know if thats good or bad. but I want it over with!!!
Well off to go workout with my video tape....I also wanted to tell you all to check out the discovery channel weight loss challenge, you can join online, it begins january 15th and runs for 8 weeks, they create an online personal challenge designed for you....I did it last year and so some results by following some of their stuff, but I just like the challenge, its at discoverychannel.com , in the health and fitness section....

Well happy sunday to all
Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 08:45 PM   #7  

Does the forum look different to anyone or is it just me?? Something seems to be different........

Julie--Last year I signed up online for the Discovery Challenge Weightloss Challenge....I didn't even start it. I wasn't too impressed w/the amount of calories they wanted me to consume to lose weight.....only 850-900 a day!! Well of coarse I'm going to lose weight.....and the food choices they made for me was very bland. So I chose not to do it anymore. I want to lose weight, but I want to be realistic and do something that I can do forever. How did you like it? Did you lose a lot on it?

Not much going on today ladies. Watched the last of the three movies we rented for the weekend. We rented: Garfield ; Napoleon Dynamite ; and Dodge Ball. I liked them all, the second one not as much as the other but it was still stupid funny. I kept telling Jhanai that the girl in that movie reminded me of her babysitter. (as she does)

Been ABSOLUTELY horrible today food wise. I'm in a lazy mood and so I stopped on McDonalds for a quick dinner w/Jhanai. Somebody PLEASE kick me in the butt!!! This TOM thing is really putting a damper on the first week of the year!! But I'm determined to finally, this week, write down all that has worked for me, what prevented me from continuing it, and what my eating habit were while I was losing weight. I MUST change this year.
Jane...you are a role model!! And I want to lose just like you! And you too Susan!!

****Sigh**** I must be in a whiney mood at the moment. Please forgive me for being so blah right now. How about I go for now and clear my head and come back when I'm not so grumpy.

Ok...until then..................
Old 01-02-2005, 09:18 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Let's see... who's checked in since I was here last....

Katy - I am so impressed that you're going to do Fast Track all month! I know you mentioned it on the weight loss thread, but still, it is worth mentioning here, too. When I've done it, I've barely made it through a week, but the losses are good! Sounds like 2005 is going to be a good year for you - bet you'll be at goal by your birthday!

Angie - thanks for offering to help Mary. She's been hanging out at Lowe's, lol, and has a lot of good ideas. The house can be made to look so beautiful! Refresh my memory - which play are you practicing for now?

Marti - no, you don't have to delete any photos. Well, unless the administrators say so. I only gave the head's up to prevent more being posted, and took off my picture since I thought most everyone had seen it anyway. Suzanne says she will be posting a message about it, but I know links will be okay. Any IMG stuff will be discouraged. So sorry you're not feeling the best! And, no, I won't be the one to kick you in the butt, lol. When you're ready, you'll do it. But let me ask you this: what are you waiting for? In his book, Dr. Phil asks the same thing, and that question smacked me upside the head! Those 5 little words made all the difference to me.

Julie - Mary and Dale saw that movie and said it's so funny! I may try to go this week. The Progresso Garden Vegetable is my favorite! Only 3 points for the whole can. Processed stuff like that has a lot of sodium, though. Gotta drink extra water when you eat it, lol.

I have been a total couch potato all day. Not that I had any plans anyway, lol. Hope your day has been more productive.

Take care!
Old 01-02-2005, 09:37 PM   #9  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hello everyone,
I need a muzzle,,,mouth is open and everything going in.
Im working on Steel Magnolia's its alright they are almost ready for the stage. We have a voice coach to get the accent right. So now I leave there talking in a deep southern drawl. I was telling the girls at work about it and my accent came up they were amazed...lol They dared me to do an order using it,,,hilarious. I laid it on thick..lol
I think our next trip is Hawaii...
Did I mention our old neighbours went to Thailand for 4 weeks,,,they left hours before the disaster hit. They didn't even know about it till they had a lay over in London. Tanner was freaking cause he couldn't remember when they were coming home,,,their daughter is his best friend. They are the people we always stay with christmas eve, except this year. I left a messege on their machine,,,saying you probably have a few dozen calls but if you can send me something to let me know your ok that would be great.
Anyways Im going to head to bed,,,can't get enough sleep...iron must be lower then normal right now.
ttfn
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 12:30 PM   #10  

Hey Girls!!

Well kicked off the old new years diet today, hoping I can stick with it.....
Breakfast: granolaw/raisins and 1/2 cup of 1% milks
Lunch: 1 can progresso veggie soup, applessauce, whipped yogurt
Snack: pretzels..
Not bad...Ive had about 4 bottles of water to keep me full
Dinner: planning on a lean cuisine and a salad
Im gonna exercise for 45 minutes when I get home and pump the water so I dont snack before and after dinner........If I can stick with this, I should see some results...what do ya think????

Marti: As far as the discovery channel challenge goes, I didnt stick with the eating plan they provided, I tried the exercise schedule, but I basically just used the weight tracker tools to see my progress.....Ive also found a site called fitday.com where you can track all of your food and exercise each day as well...So I guess I kinda do my own thing, dont really follow any certain plan.

QUESTION??? Now, seeing that Im drinking all of this water, do you think I should take a water pill each day to get rid of it>> Because I feel kinda bloated??

Well hope everyone else is doing well, we're supposed to go say goodbye to my friend with the kids husband tonight, he leaves tomorrow for boot camp, DBF isnt too fond of going though, so dont know whats gonna happen...Neither of us are very happy about his decision to do this, so we'll see.
talk to you later
Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 02:28 PM   #11  
PamPSM644

Hellooooo,(gruggle)We're drowning here in Ca. They claim it'll rain all week. I'm still trying to catch an occational walk in between storms.Bon Bon is more upset then I am.Didn't get to check in yesterday,was so busy. Started in am taking down tree and x-mas decorations,piled me the dog and blanket in the car and went to the "Collector's Art " sale at the Hilton. For me it's like a pilgrimage to Mecca I make once a year.An art gallery has an end-of-year sale. Paintings of every subject are piled up to choose from;all signed. Frames are also availuble at a fraction of what a framer would charge. Gorgous frames.I buy something every year. This year I got two small floural paintings in matching frames for a small patch of wall in the livingroom.(35$ each with frames)Then Bon Bon and I went to Pet Smart to stock up on the months supply of cat food. Came home to finish packing and putting away.I keep yo-yoing on my diet but thankfully haven't gained anything. Today I cleaned out the fridge again and got rid of everything not diet related. I"m so glad the Holiday feeding frenzy is over for a long time. Angie; So glad your friends wern't in the middle of "IT" . It's such a horrible tragedy.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 02:53 PM   #12  

Hello Ladies--

I think I'm coming down w/something. My throat is all sore and my nose is kind of runny....AND....I keep waking myself up from my LOUD snores!!

I haven't had a cold in years....this is going to be terrible if I come down with one. I have been sick feeling every now and then, but a down right cold is something else. Must nip it in the bud!!

Jane--I don't know what I'm waiting for!! I have Dr. Phil's book that a friend lent to me. Maybe I should grab it again and read some more. Something is gonna budge this year.....I'm not sure when exactly, but it will happen. I want to at least be in the 130's by summer! That gives me 6months to get my butt in gear. And that is doable!! I think my biggest thing right now is that I don't have a membership at a gym (which I used to go to almost everyday) and James is no longer going to be there right w/me.....I always used him as my personal trainer. He was very good w/helping work out the correct way. But I got to learn that he won't always be there for me and I must do this on my own.

Angie--I pray that your neighbors are ok and didn't get into the middle of the Tsunamai!!! Or were you saying that they left to come back home before it hit?? Either way, I sure hope you hear from them soon or better yet, see them!!

Julie--The exercise part of the program was a good one. I wouldn't mind following that again.....but I don't have access to a gym right now and it would cost me money to join one. As for the water and a water pill....I would't take it. You need to let the water do it's thing naturally. You may feel bloated right now but eventually you will see results. Water is the best thing for our bodies. So...IMHO....I'd say put the bottle of pills away.

Pam--The weather around here is crazy isn't it? Oregon is having such strong COLD winds!! Just the other night we had freezing rain. Our poor dogs went out to do there thing and when they came back, their little backs were covered in what looked like crushed ice!! To bizarre!

Hello to everyone else out there!!

Today is monday...back to going to work. I really LOVED having a three day weekend!!! It was great. I wish I could have more of them!! This summer I may arrange to have more days off to spend w/Jhanai. But I guess I better start accumulating more time off!!

I'm going to clean up a bit. Get some coffee...I may check in later before I leave for work.

Until then.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:45 PM   #13  

Hello all and Happy 2005!!
It will be a wonderful one for all of us.
I haven't checked in for so long. between work I have had a chance to try to read everything.
Sounds like this is our year of change. I knoe it is for me. I started my lifestyle change today and am so pumped about it. I am going to do L.A. Weight Loss. I need something that is very restrictive. I have an issue with food and have finally come to terms with that fact. Food is my addiction. The sooner I get a handle on it, the better. I am trying to visualize as much as possible as well. I have hung a pair of pants up that I will be in at -15. I have 50# to lose so I am figuring by the end of the summer.......however, I am taking it one day and one pound at a time. that is the only way I can do it.
Much love, health and happiness to all of you.

Ann
yetagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 05:49 PM   #14  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Angie - glad your neighbors are ok. I can just hear your Southern accent, y'all, lol. Steel Magnolias is one of my favorite movies. Two lines from it that I love are: first, when somebody asks Dolly what size shoes she wears, she says something like "I wear a 6, but a 7 feels so good, I buy an 8. And the other one is when the Julie Roberts character says something like "I'd rather have 20 minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special."

Marti - is it possible that you can go to part-time this summer? That would be great for you and Jhanai. Hope you aren't getting sick! Between our house and Mary's, it seems like someone is always under the weather.

Julie - Check with your doc as I am not an expert, but I'm thinking your calories are a little on the low side... not sure that what you listed even comes to 1000, and you probably shouldn't have less than 1200 a day, ideally. The best way to get rid of water is to drink more. That sounds like an oxymoron, but its true! The water flushes out the sodium that makes you hold water, and before you know it, you won't be bloated anymore. Have fun at the going-away party tonight.

Hi to the others.

Didn't make it in here this AM, seemed like lots going on. For one thing, I walked the treadmill early and then I spent some quality time with the littlest grandbaby, Caylin.

Hope you're having a great day. Bye for now.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:30 PM   #15  

Hi again Ladies!!

Ann--I think you're right...this IS the year for change. With all the wonderful ladies here support....we'll reach our goals and make a better lifestyle for ourselves. (hmmm......does anyone remember me saying something like this LAST year?? )

Jane--I probably could do a part time position during the summer but I don't think it would work out the way I would want it to. Plus, I would lose benefits. So what I want to do is accumulate PTO (paid time off) at work and take two extra days every other weekend. I may not be able to but I'm going to try. We accumulate 2 or more days off a month. It's the figuring out how to use the time and making sure someone else doesn't have the same time off that will be difficult.

Ok....James left for work an hour ago. He'll be home an hour after me! (poor guy) He was saying how this job frustrates him, yet he's also thankful for having a job that pays so well. He'll have vacation time in March (around our anniversary!) and I will take some time off to so we can spend our first anniversary together. Can you believe that it's close to being a year???

My house is officially Christmas free. I put the last of my Nutcrackers away. Which reminds me, that I forgot to tell you about mine and Jhanai's find at Walmart. We went to Walmart on Friday and I came home w/6 new Nutcrackers! I couldn't resist and they were 75% off so I got them all for $1.95 each. Not to shabby. I would love to do all my shopping that way!

Ok....now I must clean up and get ready for work. There has been ice on the roads in Eugene so I need to leave early when the traffic may be slower than usual. When I get off work, it's not so bad, there isn't any traffic going.

Talk to you gals later!