Old 12-30-2004, 10:22 AM   #1  

Default Wouldn't it be Nice

I cannot help but stare as I enter the "skinny" clothes departments in the stores today at the stocktake sales.
I am oh so tempted to purchase a very weeny little top that is on sale.
My mind gets the better of me and says wait till yoiur closer to your goal and be happy at the weight's you will go through on the way. Honour all the stages not just the end result.
So I did not purchase any tiny teen stuff, just naught. Paid more in parking than what I spent in the store.
Stocktake sales are not what they used to be.

Anyhow...I hope that 2005 will be a forthright and motivational year for everyone....C
Ocean Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 11:50 AM   #2  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I don't buy the end result clothes because I don't know the end result. However I do like to keep pants on hand that are a couple sizes to small. I like to try them on every once in a while and see the progress. Then when I can start wearing them WOW what a feeling.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 12:26 PM   #3  
missaprylj

I do the same thing, Ocen Girl! In fact I just recently bought a t-shirt in a size medium (it was only $7 and I LOVE IT) for my H.S. Orchestra and I have every intention of wearing it in the future. Of course I also bought one XL/L to wear now! Everyone was like "why are you buying 2 shirts" I just shrugged.

I can't wait until I can shop in the "normal clothes" sections. Oh Lord watch out... I'm a clothes-horse now; wait until I have 15X as much to choose from!!!!!!!!
Old 12-30-2004, 01:30 PM   #4  
PamPSM644

Oceangirl,I kind of got to get some of the cute stuff this year. I used to avoid the departments with all the "cute" clothes,Why rub my nose in it I thought. This year I've lost 60 lbs and went from an XL3 to XL.What a differance in whats available.So many more choises in the smaller sizes. You'll get there. Just keep at it. Remember the turtle won the race, not the rabbit.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 08:56 AM   #5  

Yes Pam.. I am turtling along right now.
I am feeling body size angst at the moment. I make excuses not to go out and when I do go out I just try and get out of peoples' way. Sometimes I just cannot believe the size of the clothes I buy. I look at them and think is that really me. Size 24 jeans. Its more the getting around that affects me. Not being able to move quick plus ankle pain in the morning.
Anyhow...Nice to hear from you all...thanks for your replies...Have a Wonderful New Year!
Old 01-01-2005, 10:11 PM   #6  

My thing is when I watch television or a movie and see all the wonderful outfits and costumes the actors get to wear. *really loud and frustrated sigh* My favorite was Trinity's outfit in the Matrix series but has been replaced by Arwen's costumes in the Lord of the Rings series. I drool over stuff like that. I have this faint idea bouncing around in my head that when I get to goal I'm going to buy a celtic or medieval dress and take fantasy picts in it. ( dreaming...)

Last edited by dharmaspell; 01-01-2005 at 10:14 PM.
dharmaspell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:04 AM   #7  

YOull get your fantasy dress dharmaspell.
Weight loss + Self Esteem Climbing takes time and lets face it time's our ally. WE can burn this fat whethe rit be the slowest metabolic system ever, it is still going to burn fat if less is put in,. so take heart all the PCOS sufferers and metabolic sufferers. WE'll get there.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I bought one bikini at the end of season last year in a size 15. It hangs on my bedroom wall (underneath hubby's rifle ) it is a constant reminder of where I'd like to be this summer. Some days it works well for me to look at it and know what I need to do to get there and other days I look at it and think I'll never make it. At least I'm still working toward wearing that bikini this summer. (It may be Sept. 3 before it fits but oh well. )
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 04:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Lightbulb

I used to be a clothes horse, but through the years as I gained weight, I changed. right now, I don;t own anything "nice" or "pretty". I basically just wear tee shirts and pants. I Hate going clothes shopping. I can't wait until I can shop in normal sizes. I also have a box of my favorite older clothes that I canpt bring myself to get rid of. I canpt wait until the day when I can wear stuff in that box!

I think once I can wear normal sizes again, the clothes horse will rear it's ugly head
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote