Old 12-29-2004, 03:45 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Cool Helpful products/practices

Is there a product or practice that is helping you in your quest to lose weight or maintain a loss? If so, please share your ideas!

Here are some of my favorites:
writing down what I'm going to eat before I eat it
filling up on non-point foods like green beans and water
keeping track of my measurements
keeping a weight loss scrabbook
practicing portion control
visiting this site!

Splenda
Crystal Light To Go packettes
Light Done Right salad dressings
Edy's FF Yogurt - Brownie Fudge Fantasy
dry cereal to take to the movies
flour tortillas for turkey, tuna, etc. fillings
honey mustard
Progresso Garden Vegetable soup

What are some things that are helping you?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 12:50 PM   #2  
PamPSM644

Love this thread! Non-fat yogurt(90 cals). Budget Gourmet Entrees.Wonder Lite Italian and French Sour Dough bread(40 cals a slice) Healthy Choise Fudge Bars(70 cals each) .Yum .Great for a reward.A Pedometer,now if I can just firgure out how to use it. I to journal everything that goes into my mouth. Great way to keep control.Jane, cearl is a great idea instead of pop-corn,thanks,and I love those low carb tortillas for soft chicken tacos.Much less then the reg.tortilas.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 01:07 PM   #3  

Well I had to chirp in on this way...some of my favs!!!!!!

I love the yoplait, whips!!!! Only 2 grams of fat, 100 calories and it tastes smooth and creamy like mousse...its sooo good!!!

Also, when I get a craving for Taco Bell...I make a Lean Cuisine, Santafe Rice meal...I put some Taco bell sauce on it and it gives me that mexican boost...

Also I love wheat wraps by Thomas, filling and really good to wrap salad in...

When I remember more I'll let you in on it
Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 03:57 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Although I haven't done so well lately believe it or not when I do follow the program it does work for me and here are some things that have helped me in the past:

3fc
WW online
Inspirational reading
Writing down what I will eat before eating especially if eating out.
Only eating half of what is on my plate.
Filling up on water especially having a bottle while I am cooking dinner.
I'm with ya Julie on the Whips! Love them!
Crackers
2% cottage cheese
Frozen dinners ie. Lean Cusine, Healthy Choice
Weighing in once a week and recording it on the calendar

I know there is more just can't think of everything right now. Haven't tried any wraps yet but they sound really good ladies.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 06:22 PM   #5  

Jane....
Does weight watcher consider crystal light the same as water?
Ive been drinking 5 bottles of water a day,putting a few drops of crystal light in it to flavor it up, am I hurting myself by doing this?
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 09:48 PM   #6  
GmaTo8

Julie, WW used to say "Nuthin but water.... pure, unfooled-around-with water". Now they say 3 of your 6 glasses of water can be uncarbonated, no-caffeine stuff. Like Crystal Light and the other flavored waters. I don't have a lot of trouble drinking water other than meal time, but I like the flavors at meals.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:43 AM   #7  
PamPSM644

I still drink soda but it's diet soda only. Maybe 3 cans a day. Anyone know it this is suppose to be bad?
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 12:00 PM   #8  
One day at a time

Pam~I don't know if it is bad or not as I also drink diet coke. I know I should be replacing it will water but it's hard when you have been drinking it for so long. I have cut back tho. I think they want you to cut out all sodas, not absolutely sure thought I read somwhere that it can hamper your weigh loss. But if you are going to drink sodas I would think diet is better than the real stuff as far as calorie wise. But I am no expert so...

Forgot to add a thing to my list and not sure how I forgot it but Sweet N Low. I use it on cereal, oatmeal and in tea. I also have some protein powder that I use in to make a shake once in a while.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:28 AM   #9  
One day at a time

Not sure why I didn't list exercise! That is when I am motivated enough to do it! I am fortunate that I have an exercise room-now to just use it! My fav is the treadmill and exercise bike. Don't have a tv in there yet main reason I don't like it, nor is there a window so can't look out as I walk. And the WATP videos. I like them because it makes it more interesting and different-mixes things up. Anyway...that's about all I can think of.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:10 AM   #10  
RosieKate

I just tried heating up my water and dissolving a chicken bouillion cube in it. It was tasty, but don't know if WW would consider a water serving. The cube is only ten calories and i used it with one pint of water. I also like a twist of lemon in hot water. Don't care for the sugary stuff whether real or faux...just a quirk I guess.

One of the things I have done is make exercise videos off of tv programs. I don't have cable, so don't know what there is out there, but PBS has programs on very early in the morning. I will make a tape of several episodes and do them at a more convenient time. I have Body Electric tapes form 7 years ago that I still get out from time to time. I am going to make a yoga tape from the Priscilla show on PBS, and start working that into my routines.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:46 PM   #11  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

I would say that anything with water would be better then nothing...I drink wayyy too much coffee and I do know for ever cup I drink I have to add another cup of water to replace what the coffee takes from my system,,,being a dieretic...
I stay away from any artificial sweetners, being Im allergic and it triggers migraines,,,but even if I wasn't I wouldn't ingest anything artifical sweetned cause a resent study shows that it triggers more food cravings. Last thing I need...lol

Some of the things I have done with success is to have most of the meals planned and easily prepared ahead of time.
Logging in all foods eaten
Reason's why I want to lose weight....
Exercise,,,
and not ovewhelming myself with too much expectations....big down fall for most.
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 02:58 PM   #12  

Height: 5'1"

Water....and exercise.....

Those are the TWO main things that I have done in the past that really helped me out.

So what's keeping me from wanting to get thin?????????
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 04:43 PM   #13  

Hi girls,

Marti, you asked a great question, "So what's keeping me from wanting to get thin?????"

What is keeping us from doing it? For me it is not a matter of wanting it. I have been wanting it since fifth grade. I have such horrible issues with food and my fear is going overboard. I have been both really, really heavy and absurdly thin. My difference this time is that I have written down and posted on my fridge EXACTLY what and when I am eating. No deviations. I also have buy in from DH this time. Normally he is really good for about four days. This time he has sworn that he will help keep me on track. I have a fear of succeeding and a fear of failure. Where does everyone else stand?

Ann
yetagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 10:26 PM   #14  
GmaTo8

Ann, I had to work through some emotional eating and food addiction problems before I could get serious about weight loss. I put pen to paper and wrote as fast as I could, all the issues I had with food. Page after page. A therapist would have had a field day! My son and my BIL helped me, and once I made some inroads to the buried feelings, it all got better. Good luck to you in finding your way. You know the JLs will help in any way we can. They helped me more than I can ever say by being here everyday throughout all of it, and high-fiving me for each quarter of a pound I lost!