Old 12-30-2004, 09:53 AM   #1  

Default Desperate Housewives 331 Thursday!!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 18 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 09:56 AM   #2  

Morning ladies!!! How is everyone today? We are all doing well. I am exhausted but feeling a little better. Of course BUgga has this cold too and kept me up all night. Last night he came to me and you know what all over me, him and the floor. OH....such is the life of a Mommy! He's fine now though. Hope everyone had good rest last night. I am down to ...... 200.8 .....this morning! YES!!! I have to lose 1 pound in the next two days to make my goal for the start of the NEW YEAR! I hope I make it! Challanges good luck with those sit ups today!
Old 12-30-2004, 10:00 AM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

AWESOME WOOHOO!

Melissa,
The metal monster is finally catching up with all your hard work!
CONGRATS TO YOU!

That is awesome!!!

You know I have been down b/c I have let myself slip the last couple months and gain a little back.... but you know what?

I asked myself this question?

AM I STARTING THE NEW YEAR LESS THAN I WEIGHED AT THE START? Yes!

I started last year in the 180s and I am proud to say that I am at least lower than that..lol
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 10:02 AM   #4  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Hi Mel, that's great!! (About the loss, not the you-know-what on the floor.) Hope everyone else is doing well this morning.

I made a beechin' pot of turkey chili yesterday, had been staying OP very well, then my mother shows up with a bag of Christmas cookies. Aargh. And I tried to do yoga yesterday, but the kids were cranky and obnoxious - Sarah likes to crawl under and around me, which got dangerous. So it was a day filled with good intentions.

But today, I did my 45 mins of cardio, and ate my oatmeal - DH took care of the last of the cookies, so things should be better. And it's going to be in the mid sixties, so I could take a walk with the kids later.

Have a good OP day!!
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 10:14 AM   #5  

Penny, you are doing wonderful girl! You have a very busy family and you are an extermely dedicated Mommy! Sometimes those things take over the weight changes. BUt that's ok it's all about your priorities. THe weight is going to come off and you look awesome anyway. You have so much going on, with the kidney walk and Andrew when he was sick. The boys in school AND teaching Sunday school. How much can a woman do girl?! Keep up the good work and you will be down soon. You have that gym membership and that will make it a bit easier. You right you are still ahead...or should I say behind where you were last year, so that is great! YOU CAN DO IT!!! Luv ya girl!

TRACY, mid 60's is going to be great for walking with the kids. Maybe that way you can get in your exercise in. Good job on the cardio. Sorry the kids won't let you do more. That's why I had to join the gym. They wouldn't let me do anything. It's taking me forever to write this, they are fighting over toys. Ughhh...Have a great day OP girl.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:30 AM   #6  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi girls. Just wanted to check in so none of you worry.
Mel, wtg!!! You are way too close to onederland. You'll do it.
Good luck to you challengers today.
I'm still ebaying, finally placed a bid on two white, chenille bedspreads for the girls room. 2 white, distressed night stands and a white valance, in which I'm going to dress up some. So I'll know in a couple of days how those bids go. I'm getting the house picked up, fixing to hop in the shower, get laundry going, strip my bed and so on. I'll keep ebaying today and moving into another room to work on.
I slept really pretty good last night. I'm spunky this morning, but it seems to get run out real fast.
I hope you all have a great day. We'll be running errands after lunch later so I'll check back at some point. TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 12:33 PM   #7  
**Kristin**

G- morning! I am going to fly by so I can get to the gym, walmart and the bank! I got lots done yesterday around here but this house needs some paint, that is what I am going to buy today..and we need to get this house CLEANED really good to. We have white wood work and It is a biatch to keep clean. Its time for the quarterly deep clean around here! I think before the new year I am going to paint our bathroom and maybe the other bathroom and our bedroom. Everything is white in this house, accept for Sydneys room! LOL..so that is my plan today!

Mel and Penny - BOth of you are a great inspiration for me I really think that both of you are on the right track..and feel so lucky to be on the recieving end of your positive energy! Love you guys! All of you!

Crystal - Glad that you are getting all those deals. I love decorating, you are brave though, I must say.......white for a bed spread in the girls room! LOL I would be neurotic about keeping it clean! LOL Can't wait to see pics of everything......we are still waiting for that!

Okay Im off! Talk to you all later!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 12:35 PM   #8  
**Kristin**

whoops I forgot to yell at TRACY STAY AWAY FROM THOSE COOKIES! LOL! Your chili sounds great! Have a great day!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 03:45 PM   #9  

ok, ladies....I got to the gym and did 1/2 hour cardio, 150 situps and......12each shoulder press 3 sets of 12-15. Leg and calf stretches. Squats and hmmm what else did I do....ahh..Oh yeah, some waist and tricept exercises...Tomorrow, I am training for 1 hour at 8:30a.m. Boy I hope Patrick sleeps better tonight!
Old 12-30-2004, 04:33 PM   #10  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all. Just made it back from town and put the groceries up. I'm already tired and have two loads of laundry left to do. I got some batteries for my digital camera but the last time I got these kind they didn't stay charged for very long at all, but that's all they had. I'll try to get some pictures of the house and such and maybe me if I'm brave enough or even my big belly and post them.
Anyways, I need to check on my ebay things and get this place vaccumed and get ready to start some dinner. TTYL
Old 12-30-2004, 04:46 PM   #11  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Hi Kristin! Keep yelling at me about those cookies!! Dammit! I need you to send me a continuous recording of that - I'll play it when I'm sleeping.

Hey, Penny, Hey Crystal - sleep is so nice, isn't it. I miss that. I know you do, too.

Mel - I did get some good play time with the kids, and hauled them in their wagon a bit. And my exercise video catalog came today - I've marked it up with rewards for when I meet some goals.
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 08:06 AM   #12  
I'm a homeschool mama

starting a new thread