Old 12-29-2004, 12:41 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Arrow Chit Chat #100

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies. We are a warm group that provides support, not just in weight loss, but in our daily joys and struggles. Feel free to join us!

Can you believe it? We made it to number 100 in record time, lol!!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 01:06 PM   #2  

Hey Girls!!!!
Just having my lunch at work and figured I check in to say hello
Nothing much new here, same old thing just a new day....Luckily we have friday off, so I get another 3 day weekend..
JANE: To answer your question I am hoping that due to him leaving they dont ask me to help with the kids more, I really dont have the time...And I have alot going on now in my own life....plus theres 3 kids now and the last few weekends that Ive had them, the oldest one who's 5 has been totally unruly...Kinda not the way you wanna spend your weekend if you know what I mean...I guess he enlisted to better himself and make a future for his kids...but I dont agree with that , especially with 3 kids involved...

MARTI: Sure hope you get that water situation straightened out..It certainly is stressful having things go wrong around the house, expensive as well.

SUSAN: Glad to see you're back, was wondering where you were...

Hello to everyone else, Kathy,Ellen, Pam,Sue,Angie, Cristi, Mindee, KATY, and anyone else I missed
Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 01:11 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

I haven't got a darn thing done today that I thought I would! Katie and Zane are giving me a headache, but Neal is just about ready to take them to town for awhile, lol. Thank goodness, lol. I need some piece and quiet!

There is a new feature at 3FC, a definition one. Put your cursor over this word: jaded and you will be given the definition.

Here's how you do it: [*define=put definition here]word[*/define] Leave out the *s. Have fun!!
Old 12-29-2004, 01:20 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Just a quick Hi ladies!

Had to cut my post short on the other thread to go help V and remembered I just left the 'puter on. Anyway...need to go jump in the shower now and head over to Lowes-thinking we need some more paint to finish the one wall and thought I would take a look at the borders there. V thought he saw a sunflower border that was just green, and yellow with a white background which would be perfect. So going to go see...I'll be back later to post but won't make it to chat. Hopefully next week.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 03:30 PM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Lets try this.....

Silly me !

How fun is that? Takes a lot of time though. I wish I had more time for individuals but right now, I have plumbers in my house who are trying to fix this waterheater and I can hear mumbling under their breaths!
Anyway...I've been able to get on here off and on, but not too long.

Just wanted to pop in and say hello.

So HELLO!!

I'll try and post later.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 03:47 PM   #6  
GmaTo8

Love your plumber definition, Marti!!
Old 12-29-2004, 04:56 PM   #7  
One day at a time

Default Happy Hump Day Ladies!

Okay, so I am back.

Ended up not going to Lowes afterall. V will do it later. I really can't handle much of those types of stores. Seems he wants to go in and stay forever...

Susan~EGADS! A $700 telephone bill! Glad that was a mistake and glad the girls are fine. You need to not stay away so long girly-we miss you!

Ellen~oh yea...I love Eternity and can't get enough of it. Funny, because either V or DS#1 buys me the gift box for Mothers Day and Christmas. Dillards has a great deal on the gift boxes at those times and that is about the time I usually run out. For $30 more you get double the bottle size of perfume plus the same size body lotion. If I happen to run out in between it is $40 for just a small bottle so it really is a bargain and I love it! I also get a lot of compliments on it. Don't think I know what Paris smells like. I normally change frangrances every few years but don't see that happening with Eternity-I like it that much. Yes, I do get frazzled when the house is in chaos-drives me crazy! I am loving your poems-how do you come up with them? I couldn't come up with a poem if my life depended on it. Or one that would be good anyway. Never have been good at writing poetry or drawing. The kids got their talent from their dad.

Jane~I see nothing wrong at all with your avatar. And I also checked out your photo on your profile-looks good. You have come a long way. One day when you move into the house that Mary is in I am sure it is going to be very nice! Already is! I love the idea of living in a house with history-so cool that both Neal and his mom was born there. You reminded me I need to send you our new phone #. We had it changed last week because we were getting soooo many calls for credit cards-sheesh! We asked them to quit calling because we weren't interested but they kept on. It was so irritating getting no less that 4 a day. But I also finally got a cell phone! Didn't think that would happen for a while or at all. Not really into them but thought we needed one for emergencies and there has been so many times I could have had V stop by the store on his way home to pick something up-he goes right by Wal-Mart. About the border or chair rail, not sure yet. I am thinking if I can find a border I like it will be a border. I like to add a touch of a different color with a border. So we will see.

Marti~glad to hear the landlord got a plumber or plumbers over there. It is his responsibility and your grandpa shouldn't have been over there to try and do it. I have rented a few houses over the years after DH#1 passed and had been fortunate. Anytime anything went wrong all I had to do was call them and they were on top of it fast. Which was good for me-being single and not really knowing how to fix too many things. That was one reason I didn't buy after moving from CA-didn't want the responsibility of owning at that time. Plus I wanted to be free to do and go where I wanted.

Julie~I can understand your friend wanting to join to better himself but it seems he should have thought of that before starting a family. That is going to be hard on his wife taking care of three kids alone, well, with your help also. Seems you have them a lot. What does she do that she sends them to your house so much, other than I know you enjoy having them? Well, I too hope they don't fine anything wrong with you. As Ellen said, you don't need anything more to add to the stress you already have. I hope all the testing goes well and you get the results you are looking for.

Angie~I'll tell V you have some painting for him to do! He'll love that! This morning he was just saying he dreaded finishing-he was tired and his arms are sore. The thing is when we paint the living room, the dining area, kitchen and kind of a hall way going downstairs is like all one BIG room! The wall leading downstairs is kind of tricky-the ceilings are high in spots. He will finish that wall tomorrow-need more paint. I saw the Christmas Vacation 2 DVD at Wal-Mart a while back and picked it up because I didn't realize their was a #2 until Marti mentioned. But I noticed it is all different people so didn't get it. Thinking I might later on.

Katy~I find myself doing that (repeating myself) quite a bit sometimes. I try not to but it just doesn't happen sometimes. Hoep you are having a great day.

Okay...I think I got to everyone, or did I? I always feel like I left someone out for some reason. And...if I did I apologize. So, HI to EVERYONE else.

Not much going on with me today. Jane, I guess I did a little bit of spring cleaning of my own. V moved the stove and fridge and I cleaned behind them and moped the floors before he painted back there. Plus, when putting things back everything got cleaned including the curtains. Washed all the curtains but I dusted the valances as they were a little dusty, not dirty. They have to be dry-cleaned so putting that off as long as possible. I took the long scarf valance in my bedroom to have dry cleaned before putting it up and it cost $30! Geez that was a little less than 1/2 what the darn thing cost! Don't want to think about what it will cost to clean these! Would almost be better or cheaper to go buy more. I'm assuming because of the type of fabric Anyway...need to do a load of clothes and go put everything back on the counters. Have to clean it all first.

Question ladies??? My nieces (the twins) birthday is coming up and they will be turning 12. I plan on sending them something and need suggestion. I can't remember what 12-year-olds like or are into now days and I am lost. I need help!!! Please!

Guess I have gone on enough-didn't mean to write a novel here! Take care ladies and have a wonderful day! What's left of it...TaTa for now.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:47 PM   #8  

Height: 5'1"

Another stop in! I have water!!! HOT water!!! No floods, and no burning plastic!!!

So happy! AND....I get to pick up my car. Amazing how chaos can turn into a good day!

Cristi--A suggestion I have would be to buy a certificate at a really popular clothing store that pre-teens would be interested in. You can never go wrong with that and they get to choose what clothes to buy!

Gotta go pick up my car!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 08:15 PM   #9  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Cristi, music gift certificate...or books...something kinda fun, which I have done,,,bought gift certs from McDonalds, Blockbusters, Tim Hortons,,,$25. worth goes along way....
Anyways gotta run...theatre tonight
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 09:45 PM   #10  
One day at a time

Yay! Marti has hot water! Not sure how you went without hot water for so long girly-glad you guys got it fixed and you're getting your car-the toyota right? For some reason I thought you guys already got it back.

Thanks Angie and Marti for the ideas. I am doing the McDonalds certificates for Valentines Day for them, and their BD is about a week after that. Just want to make sure it will be something they want and will use. I am sure they can always use and want clothes. I don't know...I was a tomboy at that age and DD was also and was never into clothes, still not much. I'm not sure what they are into. I am going to have to call them and have a little chat with them-maybe get a clue that way.

Have fun at theatre tonight Angie or should I say don't work so hard.

Just checking in for a few minutes to say Hi. See ya tomorrow

Last edited by FrouFrou; 12-29-2004 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:24 AM   #11  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone…..how are you all doing?

Well, things were eventful for us around here. Tommy and I went and spent about an hour and a half in the local hospitals emergency triage area. He was changing the oil in the car, and took out the pole in the jack and was using a set of pliers to turn it. Well, the speed of the pliers was a lot faster then he thought. Because he put a nice sized hole in his hand (for a visual, hold up one of your hands and look at the fatty part in between your thumb and forefinger), it was a through and through cut, so they couldn’t do much. They gave him some powerful antibiotics and gave him a tetanus shot since it has been a looooooong time since he got one. He has a script for Augmentin and Vicodin, so we will be going and getting those filled on Thursday.

Thankfully my sister Robyn was staying with us. She watched Brandon while I went with Tommy to the hospital. I walked in to get her food order since we hadn’t eaten yet. He stopped crying and was putting his arms up to me. She looked at me and said “thank God you are home. He has been like this since you left.” He ate only about a third of his fruit, and just screamed the rest of the time. She tried playing with him with his peek-a-blocks, she tried him in the walker, she even put on cartoons for him, he wanted nothing to do with it! She put on country music when we went to go get food. Came home and walked in, she was walking around the living room with Brandon on her hip with smooth lite romantic music on. He saw me and Tommy and started screaming.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 08:31 AM   #12  

Good morning all,

I am so sorry I haven't been around. I haven't even been lurking! I think work is settling down a bit so I can pop in more.

Marti: I haven't gone back to read any of the prior postings but it sounds like we may have shared a water heater issue. Ours burst Christmas Eve. We did get the new one in Tuesday. I think family was getting tired of us using their showers.

Mindee: I'm sorry about Tommy. I know that scared you but it sounds like you handled it like a champ.

To all, have a wonderful, safe and very happy and healthy New Year. I am so looking forward to getting to know you all.

Ann
yetagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 08:59 AM   #13  
Fit and Feisty

Smile Carree's Back!

Yes, that's right! One of the original Jaded Ladies prodigal daughters has come home. Soon I will post pics of myself, but right now I will start with the little girl in my life, Cali.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2Cali New Pillow.JPG (26.9 KB, 51 views)
carree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 11:11 AM   #14  
PamPSM644

Good morning Ladies.Cristi, one of my x-mas presents was a newly painted kitchen.I love all the colors and that you can put almost anything on your walls these days. My home has a blue theme so to blend in a contrast we painted the kitchen "Meditrranean" ,even the ceiling.Marti,I know about water heater problems. Ours is outside so when it burst we didn't know right away. I suspected something was wrong when the water was hotter then usual, by the everything was flooded and there was a horrible smell from cooking leaves and what not.YUK.Tommysgirl, hope Tommy recovers quicky.Caree,so nice to meet you. I love this site and So depend on it. My son has been trying to "do" my diet with little success. He hates my food. I warned him of this when he started but he insisted he could do it. His problem is he hates anything green and only likes processed food. So now I'm going to try and tailor a diet for him of what he likes.Not going to be easy.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 01:05 PM   #15  

Afternoon All...

Nothing much new here I guess.......same old stuff!!
No work tomorrow....YAY, they have to give us a holiday cause new years is on saturday....so Im just sitting here eating my salad on lunch and figured Id check in to see how you all were doing today..DBF and I are going to go see MEET THE FOCKERS tomorrow night and have dinner out for New Years...Has anyone seen this movie yet?? I hope its funny.....
Ive been doing well with my exercising this week, but the downer is that we've still had tons of candy around and Ive been snacking on it, so I guess I'll officially be good next week when the candy is gone!!!!
Oh well guess I have to get going, will check back later
Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote