Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 03:11 PM   #1  
Failure is NOT an Option!

Arrow Re-starting -- looking for support!

Hello --

Yes, it is almost the new year and of course my resolution this year is to get back on track with my weight.

I joined WW in 2001 and was successful in losing 32 pounds (168/136). I pretty much kept the weight off until the last 9 months or so when I went completely crazy and have now climbed back up to 153 3/4. I can't believe how quickly it has packed back on!!!! And I feel like doo-doo, so I can't stay in this eating frenzy mode any longer.

I'm looking for some friendly folks who may or may not be in the same boat as me and hope for some encouragement and help along the way.

My goal is 120 pounds, ultimately, but for the immediate goal -- I just want to be able to zip my jeans again!!

I'm 37 years old, happily happily happily married (16 1/2 years) to a great guy who is very supportive and always tells me I'm beautiful (I keep telling him that if he would say that I looked bad, I'd do better with dieting!!), I have two little boys (7 1/2 and 9 years old). I live in Southwestern Lower Michigan, just across the Indiana state line from South Bend, IN (Home of the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame!!). I work full time as a cardiovascular technologist in a cardiac cath lab where we harp on people daily for being overweight and I am constantly telling people how bad it is for their hearts. . . I really need to practice what I preach!!

Hope to hear from some new friends!

Sincerely,

Pam

Last edited by toad4mimi; 12-28-2004 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:01 PM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi Pam!!

Hi Pam!! Welcome!! I think you'll really like it here on the WW 20's and 30's board--we're just the bunch of encouraging gals you're looking for!! It hasn't been super-busy around here lately, but we love to get new people.

Just dive right into the daily thread and start posting!! See ya there!
Old 12-28-2004, 07:40 PM   #3  

Hi all! I am restarting the program as well. Im 22 yrs old and a student. I am in a similar situation.. I originally started WW almost 2 yrs ago and went from 185 to 155! Now I am back to 195... it's very frustrating. I started on Core a few months ago, and was sort of successful but it was hard to maintain because I cant cook all the time and I like to go out to eat/drink. I look forward to getting back on track and fitting into some old clothes that will hopefully be like new clothes again!
Old 12-31-2004, 10:58 AM   #4  

Default Thanks for writing!!

Hi, ladies!

I'm so glad someone responded to my post. I don't know why it helps so much to know that there are people in the same boat as me, but is sure does.

I'm cleaning out the refrigerator today and loading it with healthy stuff this afternoon. I really feel ready to start up again. I think that is a big part of successful weight loss -- being mentally ready for the challenge.

I have talked with my husband and two boys about becoming healthier overall as a family and we are starting a "New Family, New Year". Even though my boys aren't big junk eaters, I still feel like giving them the basis for a healthy life later is a good idea. They are a little concerned about the number of vegetables that will be involved in this "New Family" bit, but as long as there is broccoli and green beans available, they both feel like they can handle it.

I hope the New Year brings you both a great new start and great success! Let's all do this! I know it is possible!!

Pam
Old 12-31-2004, 11:08 AM   #5  
Running Babe

Pam: Good Luck!! It's a lifesyle change and at least your boys do eat some veggies... Tomotoes and sweet peppers are usually palatable for young ones.

Cheers!

Ali
Old 12-31-2004, 11:14 AM   #6  

Pam, I know you can do it!! I'm in there with you to lose mine!

Ali *WOW* you've done so well - congratulations !
Old 12-31-2004, 11:32 AM   #7  
Running Babe

Cyberella: Thanks my fellow Ottawan, I lost the weight 4 years ago, gained a little and am trying to get "those last 10lbs" off. Welcome

Cheers!

Ali
Old 01-04-2005, 12:39 AM   #8  

Pam-I have also recently re-started. This will be day 3 out of 3 with being OP(on points). I also work in health care, I am a critical care nurse. Best of luck to you
Old 01-05-2005, 04:37 PM   #9  

Pam,
I'm just restarting too. It seems that even though WW works, we all slide back into our old routines eventually. Anyway, it would be great to have a group that I can relate to and lean on in times of stress. Right now, I'm a stay at home mom. Good luck
Old 01-05-2005, 11:16 PM   #10  

Default Rejoining too !!

I am rejoining again as well... lost 35 pounds a year ago, and needless to say... fell of the wagon!
I am looking forward to getting my life back.. did manage to quit smoking after 20 years, so I think I can manage to quit eating when I am not hungry or eating stuff that's just not good for me !!!
Good luck to all of you.... we are on our way to lifetime !!
Old 01-09-2005, 01:01 PM   #11  

Default 1 week gone !

Well, a week gone and two pounds gone !! I will take that and run with it!! I am still trying to figure out how to feel like drinking water when it's so cold ! Any ideas ??

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...190/110/188.4/

The difficult I accomplish right now;
the impossible takes a little longer.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:57 PM   #12  

Default Anyone still in here ?

Anyone still in here working on resarting WW ???
Old 01-14-2005, 11:28 AM   #13  

Default I am restarting myself!

This is my first time to this site. I have never posted before. I lost 80 pounds in 2003 and felt great,then my old habbits returned. I gained 40 pounds back,so I am going pack on points. I hope I have the strength I did when I lost the first 80 pounds. I wish you all the best of luck and hope to talk to you all again.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:40 PM   #14  

Default I'm still here!!

Hi all,

I'm sorry I disappeared . . . My mother has had some health problems which required travel to another state for surgery, so the New Year has not started off very well. Can only get better from here, right?

Needless to say I've only managed to maintain my current weight. With Mom back at home now I plan to get down to business. I can't believe how anxious I am to really get going. It is a bit depressing to have the desire to do well and not be in your own environment to actually accomplish what you want to. Believe me, sitting around in a hospital with your family member as a patient is not a place to try to diet. It wasn't that I over-ate, just the immobility is horrible!!

I read a book recently called The Valkyries by Paulo Coehlo which gave me a great revelation. To paraphrase, I've broken the pact that I seem to have made with myself that allowed me to fail at weight loss. The book has nothing to do with weight at all, but that message came through loud and clear as I was reading. I'll take any inspiration in any form at this point!!!

Hope everyone is doing well and staying on track. Anyone have any great ideas for low point treats?

Hope to read more messages soon!!

Old 01-14-2005, 09:55 PM   #15  

Hello,
I just started WW this week and I am so happy to find this group!!! I am a recent college grad and I am looking to lose the weight I gained in college.

Have a great weekend all!
Closed Thread