Old 12-28-2004, 07:31 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives #329 TUESDAY

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 18 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 07:41 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile I'm Here

Good morning to all of you ladies. I'm so sorry I've been MIA. I think Friday morning was my last post. Of course, Christmas kept us busy, busy, busy. We had Christmas with friends on Thursday, my family on Friday, dh's family on Saturday and then Sunday I didn't feel good at all but managed to stay extra busy, after Christmas clean up and then yesterday I had errands to run. But I'm back with only 5 weeks left of my pregnancy.
Yesterday, had to get all the Christmas stuff down and get this place organized and try to make room for a new baby. That's hard to do with already 3 kids in a two bedroom house, but I managed somewhat.

Mel, I'm so sorry to hear about the accident. Glad to know you're okay. Hope you get some rest with all those kids there. You're brave.

Penny, glad to see you've been posting and doing great on the challenge.

Hello Geri, Deana and Chris. Glad your Christmas was nice.

Ours was too. Kids got all kinds of goodies with lots of pieces to keep up with, yuck!!! I got new bath linens and kitchen linens for the new house, which is what I asked for. Got a sweater, new set of pots and pans, $100 bucks, a new purse, concordance to my bible. All kinds of little goodies from my nieces and nephew.
All in all, we had a great Christmas. It was fun and not too stressful.

I'll try to post regularly again. I'm trying to get things done for the new house and get some lessons planned for school as we return back next week. We'll school until I have the baby and then take another break. Glad to be back on here and ttyl.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:49 AM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Crystal,
Glad to see everything went well for Christmas. Sounds like you racked up! I can't believe Allison will be here w/in 5 weeks! WOW! All three of mine were all 3 weeks early!

Anyhow, Santa brought us tickets to WWE wrestling tonight. The kiddos are sooo excited!

Have a great day! TTYL
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 09:46 AM   #4  

Height: 5 foot

Hello everyone! I'm sooo sorry I haven't been here.. but I've been soooo busy. I haven't stepped on the scale.. but so far... at least I HAVENT cheated and ate any meat. But for Christmas there was green beans, mustard greens, sweet potatos, potato salad, cornbread dressing.. whooo I didn't need any! My mom made me some gumbo with just shrimp in it! YUMMMM. But the thing that has been killing me are the fish sandwiches from Mcdonalds....... and the fries... but oh well. I haven't had a chance to exercise but I'm going to try and go turn in my free week membership from planetfitness. Anyways I better go. I hope all is doing great!!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 10:32 AM   #5  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning peeps...
I'm getting my computer time in before I have to start cleaning. Dh didn't get much done yesterday so it's up to me today....Wonder Wife!!!

How's everyone doing? Recuperating from the holidays? I'm not worried about New Year's celebrating. We never do anything. Too old and too tired I guess. So it'll be easy to stay OP this week.

My head is STILL plugged up and I'm beginning to wonder if I have a sinus infection. No one else in this house is getting sick. Just me! Darn it.

Crystal-So glad to see you're still around. I was kind of wondering where you went. (thinking maybe baby Allison came early) Sounds like you had a nice Christmas. I was busy complaining about all the running around and relatives we had to see until we drove by houses that had lights on and only one car in the driveway. I felt really strange being all uptight about our schedule when there was a ton of people out there who had no one to celebrate Christmas with and nowhere to go. Sad to think about. I'm thankful I have family to be with.

Morning Penny-I think you got the Christmas present my brothers' would appreciate, esp. my younger brother. He's really into wrestling. He watches Smack down on Sat. nights religiously.

I guess I better get busy. I don't feel to awesome and my stomach keeps hurting really bad...but that can't stop the world I suppose. Time to be Mom.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 11:03 AM   #6  

Morning all! Glad to hear all is going well crystal! Only five weeks ....WOW...I can't believe it almost here already. DO you think you'll go a full 5 or maybe 2 weeks early?? I know with me I was 36.4 weeks with Abigail and 34 weeks with Patrick. Even then I had had IT! Anyway, hang in there. When should the new house be done. Cool on all the gifts. I bet you could use that 100 buckaroos.....I got two gift certs to the gym, to use for my training....YES!!!

Penny, Wow, I bet you and the boys have a great time at WWE tonight! It's nice to get gifts for the whole family.

Chris, Hope you are feeling better soon. I am under the weather myself. Having the accident didnt' help. emotionally that is. I hope you are feeling better soon. Have fun with that clean up...lol I keep cleaning up here and it keeps coming back...

Abigail and I were headed to TRU to pick something up and there was a line of cars..I was stopped and I handed her a tissue in the back seat and I didn't realize I was rolling a bit and tapped the guy in a BIG van in front of me. NOT A SCRATCH on his van. Totally my fault though. He wasn't even sure I bumped him, thats how slow I bumped. It was like hitting a curb when pulling into a parking spot slowing and just tapping it. I still can't believe my car looks the way it does. The guy couldn't either. WEIRD! Abigail had no Idea what happend. Why are we sitting here.. Ridiculous. DH was so good though. he just said, don't worry about it. These things happen. He knew I was freaked, cause I've never had an accident....oh well.

ANyway, sorry to babble. I'm out of it. My head is in a fog and I am tired. I'll check back later, since I won't be able to go anywhere ..not even the gym. Dh is taking the car to be looked at.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 11:06 AM   #7  

Oops, sorry Jaymi, glad your back. How was the visit with you mother? HOpe you enjoyed xmas with her. Glad you maintained weight. Cool on the membership trial at the gym.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:58 PM   #8  
Focus on the Process

Crystal and Mel..
Here'a pregnancy horror for you both. I had Tiana at 37 weeks so I figured Kayla and Nicole would be early too. Not a chance. Kayla was almost 43 weeks when they decided to induce. Nicole was at 42 weeks when my water finally broke with her. Kayla was a bit too comfortable in me, I think. Not sure what Nicole's deal was. She was really active all the way to the end. But boy did my hips and pelvic bones hurt with her. With those too, even now, we're more late than on time....

Okay, there you have it! I think you were lucky, Mel. Carrying those extra weeks is a real battle.

~chris
Old 12-28-2004, 01:03 PM   #9  

Yeah, Carrying those extra weeks is a battle, but so was the Neo Natal INtensive Care unit and all the doctors Patrick had to go to for the first year. Thank goodness Abigail was ok. She was hospitalized with severe jundice Billirubin of 22 25 needs a transfusion. But once that was ok, she was fine. Bugga was scary though. Keep er' in Crystal....
Old 12-28-2004, 01:06 PM   #10  
**Kristin**

Hello Gals! I am so glad that everyone had a great Holiday We did as well ! Busy, Busy though. I did pretty good wiht eating and drinking my water. However my exercise was non-existant. I started off on a great foot yesterday though for the week, eating right (except a piece of pie for breakfast) and exercising. I just got back from the gym, and I feel pretty good. I really need a nap though, I am so tired from the weekend still.

Mel - So so sorry about the accident, I have only been in one where I tapped someone. The other 2, I was rear ended. IT sucks and gives you this horriblw unsafe feeling. Glad that there was a nice person on the other end Glad that none of you were hurt or anything.

Jaymi - Hope the free member ship works out for you! That would be great. Glad you had a nice time in Texas (that is where you were, right?) LOL! I get all confused!

Chris - Hey, I have the onset of a a sinus infectin too, I sound like a man, my vioce is all sick sounding and deep....LMAO......HOpe you get your cleaning done!

Penny - WWE sounds like fun, my hubby, BIL and FIL all went to one that was here in Omaha a while back. Glad you had a great christmas...I ment to tell you...Sydney carried around the pic of your boys and since I told her their names, she says ALL THE TIME "Hunter is my Boyfriend"....LOL Too cute! She talks to the picture and asks him all kinds of things like "do you like McDOnalds?" "MY doggy loves you too"... It was just too cute! I can't get it away from her, maybe when she is napping!

Crystal - sounds like you got a nice supply for the new house! Can't wait to meet little Allison. : ) I can't believe its so close! I remember when I read the post about you "feeling moody and all hormonal" yet you SWORE that you weren't prego! LOL! That is great, wish you all the best!

Okay I think I got you all! I am going to do my challenge and then sydney wanted to play "Don't Wake Daddy" (from santa ) TTYL! Havea great OP day all!

What is everyone planning for dinner....I need some new ideas
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 02:26 PM   #11  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Hi everyone!! I'm here. Matthew is napping, hooray. I CANNOT get on the computer with him around anymore. He's a nightmare! He hears the modem and comes running - has to hit and beat at it, puts it in sleep mode - or has a tantrum when I pull him away.

Mel - I'm so glad you're okay!! Yes, sheet happens. But it's terrific that the other guy's car had no damage.

I went to the store yesterday - avoided all the holiday crap on sale, and got healthy stuff only. DH wants to go to Walmart today to return one of our two toasters - not looking forward to getting in that mess, but it has to be done sometime. Exercised this morning for the first time since Christmas Eve. Oh, I got some new aerobic shoes from my mom!! Yea, mom!

Crystal - I kinda envy you - I really miss being pregnant. I loved having babies, just couldn't handle raising another infant. I hope you are as comfortable as possible.

Hugs to everyone dealing with the aftermath of Christmas. The kids have been cranky ever since, and it's too cold to go outside. I'll check back tomorrow!
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 02:51 PM   #12  
Focus on the Process

Okay...did 2 segments of WATP and am about ready to die. It's so hard to exercise when you're not feeling good. I still have my challenge walk to do and then I think I might do some more squats or lunges. Those are starting to feel good. I'm really able to tell my leg muscles are building up. WOO HOO!

There is a "good" early and a "bad" early" when you have a baby. I meant a "good" early. Sorry Mel. I forgot your little Bugga had a hard time. I did luck out though and none of mine were jaundice.

Well back to the battle of the house. After I do that for awhile, I'll get my challenge exercise in. TTFN.

P.s. Hi Tracey...

~chris
Old 12-28-2004, 03:15 PM   #13  
**Kristin**

Back again! Still slow day huh? Even after the X-mas rush!

Tracy - Hi! I don;t think we have met! I am Kristin, mom to Sydney and wife to a wonderful hubby Adam! We are currently trying to (not too hard ) have another baby. In the mean time, I am working on getting healthy Haven't been doing my best, but I think that I am getting back on track now !!

Chris - WAY TO GO! on the workouts! You are doing awesome! I here ya about the lunges. They are killer until you get used to them...with my bad hips and knees, they are never easy....I do the minimal amount to get by!

Okay dd is now down for a snooze, so I am going to try and work on this house. It needs a lot of TLC that is for sure. : ) Maybe a little later, I am going to get the new 6 in 1 printer hooked up ! okay ,TTYL, time to get to work!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 03:15 PM   #14  

Chris, I know what you meant girlie. I wasn't being weird about it. Just noting the bad early too. I was ready when Abigail came. That's for sure. BTW, You are doing awesome with exercise. You are making me feel bad that I didnt do any today. I don't feel well either and am in NO MOOD to do it. But....I might have too.

Hey Tracy. Great job on getting in the exercise!
Old 12-28-2004, 03:19 PM   #15  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all. Just a check in for the day.

Tracy, glad you enjoyed being pregnant. I've always hated it. I'd rather have that little infant around than go through pregnancy. I absolutely HATE it.

Mel and Chris, Alisa and Ally were both 4 days late and Andrew was 4 days early. We moved into a new house and that's what pushed me into early labor with Andrew. Fortunately, since he was 8.14 anyways.
Mel, I do think I'll go the full term. I really don't think I'll go over, I stay too busy to, I think. I'm hoping to be on my due date or within a week before would be GREAT. I would like the 1st, though, because Alisa and Ally's birthdays fall on the 9th of the month and Andrew's falls on the 1st so I'd love to have this one on the 1st as well. But I can't tell you how terribly miserable I am. I mean, really, really, really miserable. I can only sleep on my back, I can't hardly shave my legs, put on socks or shoes or bend down to help the kids with theirs. I'm more than tired, always, I'm exhausted and this one is starting to somewhat effect my "wifely" duties, because I'm so uncomfortable. i just want to be back to normal. I know soon enough.
Well, I've been online all day shopping for wallpaper and border for a few of the rooms. I shopped yesterday for some window treatments. I was sooooo excited when I found Toile Roman Shades for my 3 matching windows in the livingroom. When I get new furniture, it hopefully will be denim and the walls will be blue, trim white and floor wood amongst some of the furniture. I was so excited.
Anyways, back to that. Hope all is well. TTYL