Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 12:48 PM   #1  
Trying or Dying

S/C/G: 327/258/180

Default Battle of the Bulge #5

Hi everyone!!!!
Here is our new thread- enjoy!
I am going to attempt to get us all back on track and ready for the New Year..
I propose that we add to the day's themes by making :
Monday- support day and a good day for tips on staying motivated
Tuesday- support day and a good day for reasons why we want to lose- I think that keeps us motivated more than anything when we reexamine why we want to lose..
Wednesday- "what have I been eating all week day" and I want to start trying to get everyone to share quick recipes or tips on cooking that work for them.
Thursday- "what I have done to move my bootie day" and I want to get everyone to start giving us an idea on how they work exercise into their lives and the things they enjoy doing.
Friday- support and influence day- lets make this a day we talk about anything or anyone that influenced our weight loss for the week- things like friends giving bad foods or a partner that supported our efforts.
Saturday- recap day- lets talk about the things we thought worked for us for the week and those that didn't- this might help us see where we strayed and where we stood firm.
Sunday- weigh in day and reaffirm goal day- give us an idea of your goals for the week, month, and long term.

How does this sound??? If anyone has a better idea for a day let me know and I will alter it. I will try to remind everyone everyday what the day's theme is and get us started. I just want us to have something everyday we are focusing on- if you don't want to partcipate in what we are doing that day- that is OK too- don't stay away from the board though- talking and support are by far the most important things in my book.

Okay- well I will start with this week's weight in- I am at 286 and I am back on track after the turmoil of parents etc. My goal is to lose to 283 by next Sunday and to 270 by January 31st. Another short term goal is to lose to 215 by May 5th when I graduate and to lose to 160 by Oct 31st.

Well- I am going to go- hope to hear from you all today. I miss talking to everyone but we all have lives I know..
Thanks everyone for their support and kindness-
Today's question is : If you had to give yourself a superhero name what would it be??
Mine would be Studygirl- able to read thousands of books in a single sitting- defender of all text.
Old 12-26-2004, 11:12 PM   #2  
stormy1

Hi Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We made it back home but our luggage did not I decided to not weigh myself today b/c I know I gained weight since Thursday I ate so much! Back on track in the AM

Red balloon, are you okay? I just read about the tsunami. Let us know what is going on.
Old 12-26-2004, 11:38 PM   #3  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Just a flyby to say I'm OK. I know there was a tsunami in Sumatra. I think. That must be what you mean, right? Have been away from TV, news so don't really know. But I think it was only Sumatra. Thanks for thinking of me. Later.
Old 12-27-2004, 07:07 AM   #4  
Never give up

Heh people, I was just checking out some Web sites on the tsunami. Pretty scary, huh. That's way far away from Japan but a guy at work was just in Sri Lanka for vacation. I thought he'd be shaken as he was out there on the Indian Ocean surfing. I called the office but he wasn't there. Guys said he wasn't shaken. Apparently, this guy, a South Africa, left Bali just before that big bomb blast and he was in South Africa driving with a friend and got out of the guy just before that guy was in a major accident. Weird,huh? I'd be totally freaked. OK, just wanted to jump in to share. . .
Old 12-27-2004, 08:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys! I am finished with all the travel and now have company at my house. Stranded travelers on their way to VA. No one in my family knows how to drive in ice at all and they just got 6 inches of snow where mom is headed. She is going to try to leave later today. I need another day off........

I did OKAY on my diet. I'm having a hard time getting 100% back on track though. I think I'll start with fruit for breakfast again. That seemed to work well getting me started. I did walk both days. Probably not the full amount of time I'm directed to but it was something. It the idea is to help with stress - walking around a target at CHRISTMAS doesn't do much to help

I am not getting on the scales because I don't want to go through what I went through kicking myself constantly because the scales won't budge. Every sinlge day I felt good about myself and confident about my weight until I got on the scales. It's not like I'm checking to see how much cheating I can get away with. I can't cheat

I might get on the scales after next week though Get through the new year. I"m going to a friend's house and she is good about cooking for her guests dietary needs. We'll probably grill some meat ang veggies - perfect

Redballoon - I think that guy should check his rear end for a horse shoe! Glad you had a good holiday!
Old 12-27-2004, 09:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 263.6/258.2/150

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone,

Hope everyone had a good christmas. I had to work. People calling complaining about stupid stuff..glad the holidays are pretty much over so can get back into routine..I'm scared to go to my WW meeting..But I know i should go..Just so that i don't break any habits..Cuz I know if i don't go this week.I'll say to myself next week that its ok not to go and then it will be just a rollacoster..So i guess that is my tip on staying motivatec if u really don't want to do something that is your normal routine on diet and exercise, I think your should still do it, so at least u can look at yourself and say you did it instead of looking at yourself and being upset because you didn't do it...If that makes any sense..Too early in the morning..

If i could give myself a super hero name i think i would be stay positive girl...because no matter what happens i always try to smile...

Talk to u guys later
Old 12-27-2004, 11:08 AM   #7  

Hi guys!

Michie - good for you, going to the meeting. I imagine more people are in the same boat, than aren't...does that make any sense?? I'm certainly there. I had Bf hide the scales and all the bad candy he got for Christmas....then my mom wanted to leave all these candy bars for him. She wanted me to give them to him. I kept telling her they can't stay in the house or I'll eat them - before he gets home. It's like a sad addiction only it's to chocolate or sugar.

Doggies are loving the snow. It's making my hands too cold to type We only have a dusting but Maggie has never seen snow. She comes in with a muddy face from trying to drag her hose through the snow. Took her FOREVER to figure out where she wanted to go potty this morning!!

I am eating much better today. I feel slightly more in control. Not back yet but getting there. I liked the "in control" me better.

If I had to pick a super hero name it would have to be something like "volcon grip girl....able to ease pain or stop evil doers with a single squeeze of her super strong hands" Sorry, it's all I got and my super hero hands are freezing and tired today

Stormy - I am taking the advise and taking a rest day. I do have to work on a friend but she's an easy massage. I have told the office I'm MIA until 2:00 tomorrow and I'm destressing from mom's visit and resting my body so I can go at it again.

OH - after eating two pieces of pie (small pieces, I promise) on Christmas day I sat down to relax, only to feel my heart going CRAZY!! It was pounding in my chest. I won't do that again! It didn't feel good at all!! I looked around at my mostly overweight family and wondered how in the world they don't feel the pounding they ate 4 times as much as me!!! They did boycot my salad. Too healthy I think. Greg and I loved it and it meant I got to bring a salad home that had GOOD olives and GOOD goats milk cheeses in it. It's a YUMMY salad

okay, I've been gone too long, I could ramble forever today....I'm going to watch the chic flicks I rented. Talk to everyone later Meri
Old 12-27-2004, 01:17 PM   #8  

Hi, girls! Sorry I went MIA after my first post. I was iced in at home for four days! I don't like the computer at home after being on it at work all of the time.

This week to stay motivated, I am going to remind myself how great I felt when I was eating healthy and exercising regularly. The fact that my "big" jeans were tight yesterday is also going to motivate me this week. I only kept one pair of my larger size jeans to help me not gain all of the weight back.

Grasshopper - I know how your family feels about driving on the ice. I didn't want to come to work this morning because our parking lot at the apartments was still iced over in most places.
Old 12-27-2004, 03:46 PM   #9  
Trying or Dying

S/C/G: 327/258/180

Hi everyone!!

I just wanted to pop on and see what is up with everyone. I have been doind pretty well on my eating plan and I am excited about this new start I am making.

Sthrn Belle- Don't worry about it! Just hop on when you can - we are always happy to hear from you. I am glad you are motivated and ready to get busy in the New Year losing weight. I know what you mean about the tight jeans- I am getting ready to hit a point when I will need a crowbar to put mine on and BOY is that motivating to me.

little grasshopper- I like your superhero name- really good! I am glad you stuck with your eating plan for the most part and if the family can't recognize what sounds like a yummy salad- it just means more for you. I am so jealous of your snow- I miss it so much. My dog has never seen it and I can't wait to see his face when he has to go outside in it. He is so prissy now about rain that he will hold it until he explodes rather than go.

Michimesh- So glad you got to pop in. Go to your WW meeting- you are right- it will make you feel better when you look in the mirror. On top of that it will inspire all of us to keep with it.

stormy- I hope you finally got your luggage- how was the trip?? tell us all about it.

red balloon- I am glad you weren't involved in the tsunami and your friend is unbelievably lucky. The news over here have been showing pictures of the people killed and they estimate it at 22,000. It is so horrific! How are things with you? how about on the job front? Are things looking better?

Well- I better go- the bf is waiting for me and getting impatient. I hope you all had a great day..
here are my tips for motivation:
Picture of self on fridge
Info on the damage being overweight can cause on bathroom mirror
Pic of self in bikini (good for running off bugs too)

Who else has some tips??? I really need all the help I can get...
More later-
Old 12-27-2004, 04:36 PM   #10  
stormy1

HI Hope everyone is having a great day. The trip was good. I can't remember if I mentioned it earlier but it snowed on Christmas South Louisiana has not seen snow on Christmas in 50 years. It barely even frosts there (I am from the very bottom of the state along the Gulf). So it was a special treat. Kids ( most of them never saw snow in their lives) were running around playing in it screaming "this is the best Christmas ever!" I had a snow ball fight. Lots of fun!!! I ate really bad but I did exercise.

My stay motivated tips:
I keep a picture of a fitness model on the wall of my workout room
I used to keep a picture on the fridge also but I began to notice my husband was gaining weight from visiting the fridge more often
I think about the people in my life who I have lost from heart disease, diabetes, and cancer

My nickname would be mutlitask girl. I always do fifty things at once. Now if I can be any superhero it would be one who has an unbelievable memory and could recall anything at a moment's notice
Old 12-27-2004, 05:17 PM   #11  
Never give up

Talking more steps to a fabulous me!!

Hello there all! Have been reading all the posts, just had no time to reply. Thanks Crime girl, for your motivating force and all the thought you've put into helping keep us motivated. With a thread like this it's hard to let things slide. Everyone rallying around the weight loss goals is fantastic, especially this time of year when the majority of people are letting themselves go until the new year.

Okay, even though it's already Tuesday here, I'll do the Monday thing because I'm behind and you all are still on Monday. To keep myself motivated I'm going to start trying to think of new clothes I can buy and the great outfits I'll be able to wear. I would love to have some designer suits (or cheaper versions that look the same!), really greatly cut suits that still look feminine. I love tailored clothes but have never worn them because I always have ended up wearing baggy things. Recently, I've been starting to get a nice jacket here and there and people always compliment me. But I can't keep wearing the same thing, or the same look. I need some variation BUT haven't wanted to because it means having a lean body to pull it off. So, one of my motivators will be cutting out photos of clothes and looks I like and keeping a scrapbook. Now if I can just get doing it!

Also, as an image booster, every day I'm going to write up a little fantasy, a little daydream that specifically involves me looking the way I envision me at my best, living that look and feel. I'll write it in a notebook and soon I will be there! Yeah!!

As for my nickname, I think it'll be MIDAS TOUCH. It would come from me just being so successful in everything I do, everything I touch that people would be saying that's what I must have. Money and class abound! And as an editor and writer, it would be that every story I write is great, every story I edit, every headline I touch is transformed into an impressive bit of writing. You bet!! Yeah, she's got the Midas touch!! And, because I know that King Midas' gift got out of hand, my touch will also work for others. They will hanker to just get near me because it DOES rub off!!

Okay, gotta go. Will write more later. Good luck everyone!

Last edited by redballoon; 12-27-2004 at 05:27 PM.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:11 PM   #12  

HI all!! It's so exciting reading everyone's posts. Like I'm not in this battle alone. BF is currently hiding the Christmas Candy AGAIN. I walked in and caught him with it That I don't mind at all but I can't yet be trusted around the yummy stuff.

What motivates me? I forgot to post earlier.

1. I "meditate" on being the person I strive to be. Making good food choices, making positve exercise choices. Being strong and healthy and being patient and kind.

2. I set rewards that are not food related. 1. when I can fit into "this" pair of jeans without a fat roll I will get a facial. When I can fit into them straight out of the dryer I will go get a new hair style including stylist...things like that. When I've hit my goal weight and have been at it for a year I will book a spa weekend at a resort I've been dieing to go to. It's inexpensive but still a real treat One worth EARNING.

3. Keep picture of me from my backpacking/black belt days. I've been there and can be again.....

4. I stay on this board as often as possible!

Have a great night - I'm off to find the Christmas candy again just kidding!
Old 12-27-2004, 10:10 PM   #13  
stormy1

The Christmas candy/cookies are all being sent with my hubby to work first thing in the morning
Old 12-28-2004, 03:45 AM   #14  
Never give up

Thumbs up back on track . . .

Hi all! I was thinking I should get some goals going here. So, I've thought of one.

1. Fit into the jeans I fit into back in 1983. And, yes, although the zipper is broken I still have them! That would be so cool to get back into them. AND, I want to be leaner than I think I was then. Goal date, hmm. I think that means I've got around 12 kg to lose. One kg is 2.2 lbs. So let's say about 25 lbs and have muscle. So by summer should be an easy goal. So, rust-color jeans by summer! Yeah! And I don't mean squeeze into them so the new zipper I'm going to put in 'em breaks again! I mean, have them comfortably loose!

Crime girl -- speaking of goals, good luck on meeting yours. How do you plan on getting there? Are you following a specific regime or counting calories? 16 lbs in a month? Isn't that a bit fast? Well, in any case, good luck! oh, and you in a bikini photo "good for running off bugs!!!" you crack me up!!

And, I've decided not to worry about the job front anymore. Don't know if I mentioned it but I had another talk with the boss about him pulling me off that work that I had wanted to do. I pretty much laid into him, or rather, just really let him know how unhappy his decision made me. He later sent me an email saying he was a fool and that he had had his reasons and that he namely needs me for other things and will consult with me. Well, I'm not holding my breath. He always "needs me." What he doesn't seem to understand is that I'm no longer willing to comply as readily as I did in the past. I mean, sure I like the guy, but I don't like any guy enough to jump when whistled for. No way!! And right now there was a call on my cell phone and it looks like the work number and I ain't answering. I said I wouldn't do this special work for him and he practically begged me to. If he wants me to he can beg for sure!! I tell you, 2005 is going to be MY year. I'm going to have a great year, I've just gone and decided!

little grasshopper -- Ok, good for you for doing OK on your diet. Having family over is very tough on diets. And I think you're smart not to get on the scales. You KNOW when you've done everything well and you'll KNOW when you've lost pounds or inches and it is really only inches that matter. Pounds just come along with them eventually, emphasis on the "eventually!!"

Glad to hear you're getting back in control. I like you nickname you picked too! Wow, you must really be sensitive if sugar affects you like that! Do you exercise and is your heart OK? I wonder what the heart racing is from. I do know that when I've been off sugar that it will give me a giddy heart-racing feeling but I don't know if my heart rate is actually up or not. Hmm. Interesting.

Heh, I really enjoy reading everyone's posts too. It's like we've got a great little family here. I look forward to turning on my computer and reading hopefully lots of loooong posts! It's things like reading your goal of fitting into jeans "without a fat roll" or "right out of the dryer" and knowing just what you mean and how great that would feel to do.

Stay away from the candy!!! It's poison. Makes your skin gross too. You know, you can tell when you've been eating sugar. It makes your skin puffy like and the pores larger. Really! When you totally cut sugar from your diet you lose a good 5 lbs just of water weight because the sugar makes you retain water, puffing you up. I don't know why but it does.

michiemish -- too bad you had to work on Christmas. I did too but I snuck off! My paycheck will reflect my ways next month! yes, go to your WW meeting! Meetings are not just about losing weight and recording the fact. They're about helping you lose, again, EVENTUALLY! It doesn't make sense to stay away. They have those no weigh passes, right? You can take that if you think the scale will be a discouragement.

sthernBelle -- Good to see you back, all thawed I hope. Tight big jeans. Now that is a scary thought! Good luck. You can do it. Go for it!

stormy -- glad you had a good trip. weird. snow in southern Louie! Tres bizarre!! sounds like a lot of fun. Excellent move on the Christmas candy! Send that stuff packin'!! Svelte you just doesn't eat that stuff anymore!
Old 12-28-2004, 08:12 AM   #15  
stormy1

Red balloon, I love your positive attitude in the last post. I am also relieved that you are okay, especially since you travel so much and this thing hit six countires. The devastation is unbelievable.
Closed Thread