Old 12-27-2004, 11:35 AM   #1  

Default Weekly Weigh-In Thread 12/27 - 1/02

With the New Year approaching quickly we are almost done with the Holidays. I'll be weighing one day this week. It's time to hold myself accountable and get busy. How is everybody else doing?
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 12:18 PM   #2  
Learning to love ME!

Hi! I've been a lurker, and registered today mainly because I was so motivated by the 100 lb. Club posters! You rock! Not only is your weight loss impressive, but you also seem so compassionate and caring--I'm looking forward to getting to know you. I weighed myself today--I'm at 257, down from my high (post-pregnancy) of 260. I'm so happy to be here.
Gypsydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 12:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Welcome, Darlene!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 01:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

hi Darlene! Congratulations, keep up the good work.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 01:10 PM   #5  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

welcome darlene.. this is a great place to be!! It can make all the difference to your success!!

I will weigh in tomorrow morning. My maternity clothes are getting tight.. not a good sign!

Dana
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 01:21 PM   #6  

Darlene, you are off to a great start. 3lbs is wonderful!! Having support and encouragement is a valuble asset. Welcome!!
Old 12-27-2004, 05:37 PM   #7  
Walking by faith

Smile Hi Tammy

I've gained a total of 5 lbs since Thanksgiving; 2 of those between last week and today. I guess I know what my New Year's resolution is going to be .
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 12:48 AM   #8  

Joanne, You are catching it early. You will be back on track in no time at all. Thanks for having the courage to post a gain. That is a really hard thing to do. Hopefully you will be an example for those who might be afraid to post because of a gain. It's sometimes really hard to not equivilate a gain with failure. It's not a failure at all. It's just getting side tracked momentarily. Any of you feeling bummed because of a gain don't isolate yourself and don't sabotage your efforts because of it. This is a new week and a new beginning to get back on-plan.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:26 AM   #9  
Abby's Mommy

Well, I guess I've been hiding long enough. I registered a 1.5 pound gain over the holidays, and was hiding out. But unfortunatly (or maybe FORTUNATLY) my family has been passing around a nasty tummy bug, and I spent ALL afternoon yesterday in the bathroom...I will spare you from the details. Any way, I was couriusand weighed, and was down 3.5 pounds! So, I got rid of the 1.5 gain, and 2 more pounds. I guess thats a good thing. I wouldn't recommend it as a weightloss program though!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 12:12 PM   #10  

Amy Jo, I had that stupid bug too!! It's that time of the year for the "crud" to be going around for sure. A loss is a loss is a loss no matter....hehe..I would not suggest it either but it's cool that at least something good came out of it.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:34 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Tammy - I'm happy the holidays goodies are all passed out to others and once again the main focus can be me turning up my new lifestyle. I don't have any plans for New Years beside sitting at home with the DH so that shouldn't add weight.

Gypsydancer - Sounds like your off to a good start. This group is wonderful! I'm happy to hear you decided to join us. We look forward to helping you with your weight loss.

Charbar - You've done a wonderful job with your PG weight! I only wish I had been as good. Keep up the good work. Beside may the baby needed to stretch.

homebound - Those holidays can put on extra fluff quickly. I like that your keeping a positive view and know what has to be done. Your going to do great!

Ivanna B. Skinny - Ewww I hate being sick. I hope your now well enough to enjoy the weight loss from it.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 12:49 PM   #12  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I did really bad these last three weeks. I went totally off plan and don't even know why. I just went crazzy. My guess is a 10 to 15 lb gain judging by the tightness of my pants. A lot of that might be water though. Anyway it's all over and I'm back on plan. I'm not weighing in until a week from Friday. I just want to get back on plan and not think about the weight gain. So hopfully by next week it will only be a 5 lb gain. We will see. Kicking myself in the but here for doing such stupid things but also realizing it's only three weeks damage and can be turned around in another three weeks.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 12:59 PM   #13  

Don't beat yourself up to bad Howie. It truly sucks to have a gain, but your attitude is great right now and it will take you a long way and before no time the gained weight will be gone.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:06 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Amy JO!! that's awesome! I hope you feel better soon.

Howie.. I agree with Tammy. Don't get yourself down too much about it. It'll be back off in no time.

UGH, you guys, I just keep screwing up. I had a tough semester and I've gained upwards of 15 pounds (and i'm not a freshman, so i cant even blame the freshman 15! ) and thats WITH exercise. (although i must say a lot of it is holiday weight.. uggggg) My goal for january, since I'm off of class and all, is to exercise 6 days a week and TRY with my heart of hearts to STAY on eating plan. Exercise sin't really a problem, I love it.. but food i love more,
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 02:49 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 170/153/135

I just want to let all of you know what an inspiration you are to me. I usually read new posts during my down time at work, and I really enjoyed all of your posts. It is nice to know that other people have the same issues that I do with working out and eating too much for no apparent reason. All of you give me hope that I too can face this weight battle and be the healthy person that I need to be.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INSPIRAION!
Cole63 is offline   Reply With Quote