Old 12-27-2004, 07:35 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #92

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 07:41 AM   #2  

MISSION MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is return to basics like we are just starting. We need to begin again, doing a food diary, portion control, slow and sure exercise, water, whatever you did that made you successful before.

I wanted to give everyone options for this week as to their starting date. You may have big plans for the coming weekend and don't really want to get started until Next week, but I wanted to have something to get you started.

I have bucked up and given myself a weight line signature. I think I need to face the facts I have porked up again. I have a lot going on this week and don't know how effective I will be, but I am going to try. The weather is such I can't walk outside, but I am going to try and get some weights in this week.

I am wrapping up all thoughts of Christmas, putting away decorations etc today as Jack is home and getting my downstairs cleaned and back to normal. I plan on shopping Thur and getting good fresh food into the house and dumping anything that is harmful to a weight loss program. CONTROL is my issue and I need to take back control of myself.

Hope you all have a great day and I will talk to you later. I will again be posting points starting today for those who want to get started this week,

Faye
Old 12-27-2004, 09:36 AM   #3  

Good Morning everybody!

Faye, I'm in with points starting this week.....I had 1 point for yesterday, I'm finally hydrated!! Lots of hot tea, helped my headache too. I didn't get any exercise, pretty much stayed on the computer all day. And I did end up eating some sugar. I logged everything, though, which is a start.

As of this morning, all the sugar is out of the house! If it's here, I eat it. Plain and simple. So I tossed 2 batches of fudge (which didn't turn out right anyway) and the leftover goodies that friends gave us. I have lots of fruit and veggies in the fridge. Which is good, cuz my van is acting up an I have no transportation for a few days while it gets fixed.

Anyway, my head is adjusting to being back to normal. I will start putting away the decorations slowly. If I do it all at once, it's kinda depressing. I usually don't get everything down until after the 1st.

Hope everyone is doing well!

TTFN,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 01:07 PM   #4  
It is what it is...

Hi everyone!!! Hope you all had a great Christmas...I know I did ( could have been better if I did not have to come right back to work today, but what are you gonna do ) , I asked for alot of Kitchen Aid appliances ( toaster, blender, chopper, etc ) and utensils in red and got mostly all of them...so I had fun putting those up yesterday...

I am so afraid to weigh myself, isn't that stupid? I think it is because I know in my heart that I am back over 200 again and I worked so darn hard to get under that number and to never see it again, but I know that I am...

Amanda - so GOOD to hear from you, do not beat yourself up over the weight that you have gained we are all up in pounds sorry to say...we just have to move forward - I cannot wait until the 1st ...

Faye - Glad you had a great Christmas, sadly I will not be starting until the 1st of Jan, have some parties to go to this weekend and I know I could never handle the tempation...maybe a few months ago I could have but not right now...

Julie - Great job on the book!! CONGRATS!!! I know what you mean about withdraw headaches...once I go back on this diet I will have one for about a week until my body adjusts...sucks really...

Sandy - Hope you and your son had a great Christmas!!!!

Well my lunch hour is almost over so I better ski-daddle ... even though I am not starting back on until 1/1/05 I am still going to try and cut back this week getting myself prepared...sad to think that back a few months ago I was at 187 and then 194 and now who knows...it really is depressing but I gotta keep thinking that I can get back there and I am with Faye - we can all be where we want by next Christmas if we work hard this year !!!! WE WILL DO THIS !!!!!

Later Girls
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 04:09 PM   #5  

I am so glad you girls are starting the year to come on a positive note. I know we can do this the coming year and be the best we have ever been. I am looking forward to it. I too will not begin until Monday and then I am going to take off like a house afire. Going back to basics, keeping track of what I eat etc.

We have been so busy today. I put away all the Christmas stuff and we put it in the attic instead of the garage and that was tough, then cleaned the downstairs while dh went and had the car checked out. Gonna cost us about $300 to get it fixed the end of the week after payday. Because we have this fancy car, we have to have the spark plugs and wires ordered special and they cost a lot. That's ok, we have decided after we get our tax money we are going to get Jack's clunker fixed (has to have a new wire harness and exhaust manifold plus a new battery because it has sat in the garage for 2 years. It will cost us about $1500 for it including getting it re-tagged and then insured. Luckily, we can carry a high deductible on it. It will save putting so many miles on the Grand Marquis too. Oh, after all that, then we moved my computer out of the upstairs bedroom that was my office down stairs (Jack got a wireless router and card for Christmas) and so I am beginning to get things cleaned up and rearranged to start my candle business. I am going to make that back into a bedroom again so that my dil and son have somewhere to stay when they come to visit since he still isn't speaking to his sister.

Julie: Let us know when you find a publisher etc so we can all buy a copy of your book. We want to be able to tell folks we know the famous author....

Take care everyone

Faye
Old 12-27-2004, 04:20 PM   #6  

Hi Ladies,
Just popping in to say "Hi"....

No sugar today, except one tsp of brown on my oatmeal this morning. I'm drinking tea now to get me through till dinner. Also starting a new dance costume for the May show...I hope that the beadwork will keep my hands busy When I'm bored, I eat.

So, I weighed myself today again to get a starting point. And I'm down to 214! So the 217 was either a weird time of the day thing, or I'm actually coming down already. It made me feel better anyway...214 is closer to 210 than 220. I was really afraid I would be up even more. I would love to be out of the teens by the 1st...so I could start the year about where I was. BUt I'm not going to stress over it. Just want to get back to normal.

I did get some exercise today carrying things up and down stairs, and now I have to go haul in firewood. Not much, but better than nothing.

Carrie, it's good to hear from you! I hear you about being afraid to weigh-in. I was terrified. Just do it, record it, and get on with your life. It's just a number, and you know you can do what needs to be done to fix things. Don't let it ruin your day or anything.

Well, gotta go think about what's for dinner. Broccoli and cauliflower with pesto....Mmmmmm! Making turkey soup tomorrow with the leftovers from Christmas.

Oh, my van is gonna cost like $600 to replace the wheel bearings. Sheesh!

TTFN,
Julie
Old 12-28-2004, 03:23 AM   #7  

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target for this week is emotional stability. Emotions and all that goes with them plays a huge part in what we do. Let's try to focus on the bright side of weight loss and not on how long it will take or the hopelessness of losing weight. We can all learn to deal with emotions, stress, etc and make this time of weight loss a little less of a drudge and a little more fun and rewarding by focusing on the task at hand and not look to the future. The future will take care of itself. Live for today.

Morning ladies! I woke up at 1 AM and couldn't go back to sleep so decided to get my post for the day set up. I also put away all the clean dishes in the dishwasher and packaged up the rest of the holiday cookies for dh to take to work today. They loved them so much and asked Jack everyday where more cookies were, so what better way to get them out of the house without wasting them. I gave dd probably 4-5 dozen on Christmas eve so now they are all out of the house. I now have the downstairs chores done so after dh leaves for work I will probably sneak back to bed for a couple hours. May have to turn the phone ringers off as it seems to start ringing the minute I fall asleep!

Good for you Julie! Sugar is so tough to wean out of your system.

I will peek back in later in the day. TTFN

Faye
Old 12-28-2004, 09:43 AM   #8  

Morning everyone.

Feeling better today...the headache is mostly gone, replaced by a headcold. But I can deal with that. 1 point yesterday for water. I was all on track for op, but then dh came home and really wanted to eat the last apple pie I had baked for one of the neighbors. I had no idea when they were getting back from vacation, so I figured I'll just make him another one sometime. Dh cut the thing, but I think I probably ate more of it than he did But that was the last of the sugar, for real! I'm making leftover turkey soup in the crock pot for tonight. We have guests stopping by. It's a beautiful day and we have snow, so I might strap on my skis for a while.

Faye, I hope you're sleeping soundly right about now.

Everyone else have a fabulous day!

Julie
Old 12-28-2004, 10:17 AM   #9  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi ladies,

I'm committing to my diet as of 1st Jan 05. I'm already mentally preparing myself for this by reading my old slimming mags, and thinking about menu plans etc. I looked into rejoining weightwatchers or slimming world, but have decided that I'd rather stick with calorie counting at home.

Me and Nigel are so broody - we are desperate to start our family! It is so exciting to think that in just over a year i will hopefully be married and pregnant with our first child! I will be 33 by the time we are ready to try for a baby - hope I haven't left it too late! Twins run in my family - my mum is a twin , my cousins are twins and my grandma was a twin - all boy/girl twins. I really hope that I have twins - I've always loved them!

Faye your advice about focusing on the task at hand was spot on - too often I get overwhelmed by the enormity of the task in front of me, I don't think I'll achieve it. But if I focus on 7lb targets (that's half a stone in the UK) and don't look beyond each target, then it will be more manageable. i'm going to change my ticker to only include the 7lb target I am aiming for - looking at it saying 119lb to go is a bit disheartening! I'm not going to weigh myself officially till 1st Jan - but i know that I have gone up to at least 266. I'll be in the throws of PMS by then aswell so I'll have a few pounds of water retention as well as extra Christmas weight to add on! But as Julie says - I've just got to acknowledge it and move on! No point crying over spilt milk as they say!

Have a lovely day!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 11:53 AM   #10  

Ladies, I see that we are coming around to getting what we want out of life. I don't know why the end of this year was so flat for all of us, but as a group we can see it through.

Amanda: I applaud you for understanding what your weaknesses are and not concentrating so heavily on final outcome, but baby steps. For you, I think it is good that you make your tickler a small goal.

Here is what we are going to focus on for the group this year. Monthly, we will individually set our goal for that month, so each of you report in, what you would like to lose and accomplish, ie exercise and loss for the month. I will also keep track of our group for the month and publish an end of the month loss. I want us also to fix a 6 month goal and a year goal, which I will keep on a spreadsheet so you don't have to keep track and stress out over it. So, let's get going girls, give me your January loss goal and exercise goal.

Julie

Here's to accomplishing our first goal!

I have a one month goal of 10 lbs and 4 hours of exercise a week.

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 12-28-2004 at 12:05 PM.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:56 PM   #11  
2006 - Panda Remix

My January goal is to lose 8lb and to build up to exercising 5 times per week by the end of the month.

My 6 month goal is to lose 50lb!!! I CAN DO IT!!!!

My year goal is to lose 100lb!!

I am so lucky that I can devote all my time to my weightloss efforts - I have no job and no children to worry about - I have all day, every day to focus on my diet and exercise. The only thing stopping me is me!

2005 is going to be my year of focus and discipline - no excuses!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 02:55 PM   #12  

Ok, girls, so far we have a group goal of 18 lbs for January. I have a great chart made out to keep track. This is going to be fun girls! I know we can do it and when we do, we each need to treat ourselves to a goal accomplishment treat of some kind. I have placed a tracker (lavender) for the group at the bottom of my posts. As you give me your yearly goal, I will add it to what the group as a whole wants to lose in a year (so far, Amanda and I total 220) and then each month will change the loss to indicate how much we have lost so far. Hope this helps you see how we progress as a group.

I went out with hot water, a snow shovel and a hammer and whacked the ice from my deck out to the street. It was a solid sheet of ice and I couldn't even get to the mailbox. My hands are killing me now, but at least I can walk out to the mailbox. I called dh and told him to bring home some rock salt, but I am going to call him back and tell him we don't need it. He will probably be irritated with me that I did all that but when I went and looked at it, I was afraid someone trying to get up to the house might fall.

Well, girlies, waiting to hear from the rest of you on your goal numbers. Have a good afternoon and evening!

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 12-28-2004 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:36 PM   #13  

Hi everybody!

Faye, what a great idea with the group weightloss tracker! I love it!!! It's so much easier to think of this as a group effort rather than something we do all alone.

I tend to lose around 1 pound a week. I'm going to try and make a little more than that and aim for 5 pounds a month. So Here are my goals:
Jan: 5 pounds down
Feb: 10
Mar: 15
April: 20
May: 25
June: 30
July: 35
August: 40
September: 45---GOAL!

Hey when you look at it like that, it doesn't seem so bad. I can be at my goal weight by the end of the summer. COOL!

Thanks Faye for coming up with yet another motivational tool....you rock!

Amanda, sounds like you're handling things well. Baby steps, that's the way...

I"m on track with food today, my body doesn't really want to eat because of this headcold.

Gonna go take a little nap now.

TTFN,
Julie
Old 12-28-2004, 06:14 PM   #14  

Julie: I put you on the chart and added your total loss on the tracker. We can do this.

Everyone have a good evening and I will talk to you tomorrow.

Faye
Old 12-29-2004, 07:41 AM   #15  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes so gripe away ladies!

SandyG: How are you feeling? Haven't heard from you in awhile.

MSCat, SandyB, all you others that have disappeared, hope you are doing well with your programs. You know you are welcome here anytime.

I have no gripes today, YET..... I was surprised my hands didn't hurt more than they do considering all my ice removal yesterday, but I am fine. Paid all my bills for this pay period, which is always a whew though you know me and I have an excel program to keep track of them all. Sounds like we are living large, doesn't it, but it is just your basic, mortgage, car payment, utilities, credit card (only one as I am not totally stupid ), student loan and the like. We pay our medicines and medical insurance directly since we have military medical insurance and I have to keep track of it and that can drive you crazy when to order new meds etc as they don't let you know, you have to remember and I am an old broad with failing memory!

I will check back in when everyone is up and going. Good luck with today for those of you working your program and the rest of you, be prepared for next week to blast off!

Faye