Old 12-25-2004, 06:05 PM   #1  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

Default merry humbug!

yes its me and i'm GRUMPY again. i hate christmas its crap. made worse by the fact that i've been in bed for the last 4 days ill! on the flip side i lost about 6lb's. and of course as today is christmas days its exactly a year since my grandad died so double humbug!
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 07:18 PM   #2  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Here is some Christmas cheer. I know how you feel about losing someone on a big day. Maybe that is why you are ill. This is the first year I have not been ill on Christmas for 32 years. I finally got over my pain. See, my dad left my mom and I on Christmas morning when I was 13. They had talk about it and my mom kept telling him to leave a few days later. But, he chose that day. I never saw or heard them fight, this was a complete shock to me. I can remember every detail of that morning. He figured since the other 5 kids were grown and gone it was time. I was now a teen. I could handle it. HAHA! So, I always figured me getting sick at Christmas was a mind thing. This year I was not going to. I now have 2 wonderful granddaughters who understand what Christmas is about. I made it for them this time.
So, I hope you are feeling better soon. Go, out and enjoy the day. Remeber one day at a time wins the battle.
chipper15173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 11:14 AM   #3  
PamPSM644

Slimmings, wish I could of snatched you up and brought you home here. We had a wonderful X-mas of course made wonderful because the house was packed with people as it should be. I firmly believe in the more the merrier. I'm sorry you were ill and that you lost your Grandfather.I don't have much related family just my son and my sister which you probubly read about here but I do have family that are not related. Sometimes the family we make or gather is closer to us and more loving and supportive then ones we are born into. Love Pam
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 03:17 PM   #4  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

I'm sorry it was a sad time for you ~ hope it gets better.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 09:41 PM   #5  

Well, I'm a little late to post. I know just how hard it is to deal with a loss. I feel for you during this time. I've been through it and at times it seems pretty impossible to deal with. Time will start to heal your wound. It is still so fresh that it is still very hard to cope with. I hope that you are feeling just a little bit better today.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 02:10 PM   #6  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

its not the loss thats getting me down its the flu. having watched my grandfather have a slow decline and waste away due to alzheimers i have a very hard heart which coming from a hardline family *emotionally speaking* makes me someone detached from emotion over death and loss infact the day he died the families response was miserable git could have waited
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote