Old 12-27-2004, 06:42 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Red face Monday Chat - December 27th

Good Morning,

The last week of 2004, hope it was a good year for everyone.

Does anyone have any new years resolutions? Other than the obvious (wl) ?

Mine is to start reading the bible more and to get closer to Jesus.
To go to work with a better attitude, I have a wonderful job and should be greatful.

How about your new years eve plans ?? anyone going out?

Me and the family are staying home. Usually our neighbors come over but my neighbors sister moved to town last year and now they get invited over there, so who knows..either way it will be a good evening. I don't cook anything fancy, we usually have hordorervs (sp?) anything I can find in the frozen section of the supermarket LOLOL !!!

Sooo whats shakin chic's ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 08:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Morning Leenie,

I have had a rough couple of weeks! Needless to say my signature is a blatant lie!!! But I'm not going to change it until I weigh in on Friday morning! I'm restarting induction for two weeks then I'm going to move onto through phase2 and and phase3 properly in an attempt to commit this WOE to lifetime habit. (That is one resolution)

My others involve my health and fitness. I've restarted my running program and in 2005 I plan on completing a marathon (Oct) So, I've officially been in training for 3 weeks now!!

First priority is to get rid of these pounds I"ve gained from slacking off!

Had an absolutely wonderful Holiday!! Sorry to be back at work today!!

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 08:22 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Lori, glad to see your back with us (not that you've gained but we're glad your here, you know what I mean lolol).

Exercise is on my list for 2005 to work on. I have 0 activity and this will be a challenge. Hopefully it will help motivate me with the dieting as well.

Old 12-27-2004, 08:24 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Sounds like you have a great plan!! Enjoy!!

Lori: The pounds will come off before you know it and you'll be back to where your siggie says. Congrats on the marathon!! I wish I had that type of ambition!!

Well, needless to say THIS week I'm watching what I eat. I know on New Years Eve (card playing at my parents house w/my family) is going to be a bust as far as LC is concerned. But figure I'll watch it this week and worry about that when it comes.

Resolution: Concentrate on making this WOE to where I don't cheat & to exercise (yes, the dreaded "E" word!!) more. I want to get to my goal weight by summer. My SIL got engaged on Christmas Day, not sure when the wedding is but I'm figuring this year probably some time....so I want to be at my goal weight for that!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 08:27 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Carrie: lol, just made a Valentines Day challenge and then went and read what you wrote from the weekend thread....are we thinking alike or what??
Old 12-27-2004, 09:05 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

STOP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you all see what you are doing ???????

Even though you go off of your plan, you also jump back on....... LADIES !!!!! DEAR LADIES, give credit where credit is due.

For instance..... BRENDA!!! You just said you know New Years will be bad for lc eating, but your gonna be good until then and then afterwards. EXCELLENT PLAN! Dieting isn't 100% OP, its allowing treats now and then.

I just know in my heart that 2005 is going to be a wonderful OP year for us all. How can we lose (lol) with all the info we have learned the past 2 years.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:18 AM   #7  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Good morning Leenie, Lori, and Brenda!

I, too, hold high hopes for 2005 but only because I've finally come to realize that the changes I so desperately want need to come from within. My New Year's resolution include:
-- Talk less, listen more
-- Worry less about how clean my house is and worry more about how much time I'm spending with my DD
-- Stop making excuses about time, money, etc., and buy those airline tickets to visit my sister
-- Get my finances in order
-- Stay OP as a way of life
-- Find the faith I've lost somewhere along the way
-- Let others help me instead of trying to do it all myself

Tall order? Maybe, but I'm ready like never before to make some much-needed changes.
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 10:08 AM   #8  
Head Princess

Good morning, Darlings!

Leenie: You are always so positive and encouraging! Thank you!

Lori - I feel your pain. I need to change my current weight, but I haven't worked up the heart to do it yet.

Brenda - I know you can do it! And you're gonna freak out the day you discover you actually LIKE that e-word!

Spedmom - So good to see you back! I just returned from a little hiatus myself. Great goals!

So much has been changing for me so my goals are changing too.

-- Get a lot closer to that hard body I claim I want so much (I'm working for an athletic company with a state of the art gym, for heaven's sake.)

-- Turn this contract job into something permanant

-- Volunteer

-- Take an art class

-- Buy a house (and after that comes babies....eek!!!!!)

It's gonna be a great year!!!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 10:45 AM   #9  

Good morning.

New Years resolutions freak me out....always seems like just another way to let myself down. The only thing I plan to do is be more supportive of my DH and actually make my weight goal. That should be enough.

As for my weight goal...I am thinking of changing it. I realized something over the last week that 145 was what I weighed when I was in my 30's. I'M NOT IN MY 30's ANYMORE. I may change it to 150 and if I feel I can lose more then I will...if not so what. I will at least still look and feel healthier.

Hoping my mood improves now that Christmas is over with. No more family issues to deal with, no more money flying out the window.

StarPrincess: So good to see you back. Congrats on the new job.

Spedmom: Best of luck in your New Years resolutions. You can do it I'm sure.

Leenie: You are right...we all came in here today complaining about how much weight we gained etc. We just need to accept that these things happen and as long as we keep trying that is the important thing. My SIL's mother said something the other day that I thought was great...she said "life is one big maintenance program". So true.....

Brenda: You and I both hate exercise.....I really need to try something and stick with it. You can too I bet. Let's find something easy to start. You used to like the WATP video didn't you?

LoriAS: We all know the feeling that's for sure. BUT A MARATHON! WOW, that is awesome. You should be so proud of yourself.

Actually Lori just made me think of something...how many of us are fibbing about our signature weight this week? I know I am!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 10:52 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

I just can't believe 2004 is gone...

This year I need to pay off alot of bills and FINALLY buy a home of our own. The more I get ahead, the more expensive they get (Seattle area).

I also need to stop worrying about the last year I wasted saying I was going to lose this weight, and actually DO something about it, for more than a few months at a time.

I would also like to go back to school to get my RN, but will probably have to put that on the back burner for another year or so....

New Years Eve, I'll be ringing in at work, as usual...LOL
barbmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 11:30 AM   #11  
Head Princess

Ok, ok. I made my tracker honest.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 11:40 AM   #12  

me too!

Last edited by jane8760; 12-27-2004 at 11:42 AM.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 03:05 PM   #13  
Movin' and Losin'

Leenie: What an encourager! What would we do without you?? You're so sweet!

Lori: I think my signature is a lie, too. I'm waiting until the end of the week to see if I can make it honest. That's so awesome about the marathon!

Brenda: You can do it! Exercise really can be fun.

Spedmom: Glad you're back!

Jane: Those sound like great goals to me! Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Barbmarie: Welcome back!

My goals/resolutions:

*Read the Bible.
*Reach my weight goal.
*Wear a bikini and look good in it!
*Begin weight training, and stick with it.
*Get ahead financially.

I love a new start with a new year! Hopefully, I can actually accomplish everything. It's really time to get serious with losing this weight. I keep visualizing being at goal, but lately I haven't made much effort to get there. That changes this next year!

Hope y'all have a great day!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 03:09 PM   #14  
Baby Steps

Leenie: WOW!! Talk about the kick in the pants needed!! Thanks for the reality check!! You're right, we've ALL done great this year and we'll do even better next year!!

Paula: Good idea about not worrying about the house being cleaned. I should work on that one too. Only I should work on getting the house CLEANED first Go visit your sister before it's too late!!

Star: How long is this new job supposed to last? What are you doing for this company? Same as before?

Jane: I hope you get over the blues also. Does it seem a little better now that Christmas is over? Yes, WATP is a great tape to do. And DH got me an exercise step w/video so I'm going to be doing that also---at least, that's the plan!!

Barb: Good luck on the resolutions. Isn't it crappy how we no sooner get to where we need for the things we want and they're STILL out of reach?? You'll get your home

Decided to be honest on my tracker also. It's the pits, but hey, hopefully most of that is water weight and will fall off and I can readjust during the beginning of next week Then again, it may not because once I start exercising the scale won't move too fast for awhile. Meatloaf for supper
Old 12-27-2004, 03:11 PM   #15  
Baby Steps

Jina: You snuck in while I was typing away. Those goals look great!! I could do with following some of those