Old 12-21-2004, 12:17 PM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile Christmas & New Years Talk #3

:merry:

:sman: Hi Ladies and HAPPY HOLIDAYS to ALL! :sman:

Okay, all this talk of Christmas got me to thinking that maybe we need a thread to put all our favorites on. So I thought here we could talk about traditions, favorite Christmas movies, books, music, what you love about the holidays, favorite memories, etc. Also, feel free to post pics. We looooovvve to see the photos ladies. This time I thought I would include New Years. So if you would like to share your thoughts, ideas or plans for New Years also, feel free.

So post away ladies...

Last edited by FrouFrou; 12-21-2004 at 12:28 PM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 12:20 PM   #2  
One day at a time

Angie~I to know what ya mean. I will be glad to get things back to normal also. Oh wouldn't that be beautiful...a white Christmas? I would love it since Christmas is on a weekend and we won't be going anywhere. As a kid I always dreamed of a white Christmas.

Ellen~I do hope you get your white Christmas. They say we are supposed to get a little of the white stuff tomorrow-I will believe it when I see it. The forecast so far for this weekend is the 30's-40's but no snow. And I agree with Angie-I love all the pictures you add to your posts and have even printed some of them. They are so pretty.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 12-21-2004 at 12:23 PM.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:16 PM   #3  
Closed

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE ,:merry:
Hi Angie and Cristi
I love saving pictures of different holidays I have quite a collection all different kinds ,I am happy you are enjoying them .

Last edited by Tea Rose; 12-21-2004 at 07:23 PM.
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 09:13 AM   #4  
Closed

:merry: MERRY THE DAY BEFORE THE DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS EVE EVERYONE
CAN YOU BELIEVE ITS ALMOST HERE, DOESN'T SEEM POSSISBLE DOES IT.A COUPLE OF WEEKS EVERYTHING WILL BE DOWN AND PACKED AWAY TILL NEXT YEAR, BUT FOR NOW WE SHOULD JUST ENJOY THE WONDERFUL DAYS OF THE HOLIDAY SEASON.i CAN IMAGINE THE LITTLE FACES FILLED WITH ANTICIPATION , AND THE CHILDRENS TO I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO CHRISTMAS DINNER, I HAVE BEEN GOOD UP TILL NOW ,AND I WILL AFTER CHRISTMAS , JUST NOT ON CHRISTMAS,I JUST COULDN'T PASS UP ALL THE CHRISTMAS FIXINGS.I HOPE EVERYONE IS EXCITED AND LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS WONDERFUL DAY AND ENJOYING THE HOLIDAY SEASON SO FAR. HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE:merry:

Last edited by Tea Rose; 12-22-2004 at 07:19 PM.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:30 PM   #5  
One day at a time

What a cute picture Ellen. Those pics just make me feel a part of it and I can picture myself in it. I love the old days and always thought it would be neat to live back then. And I've always wanted to go on a sleigh ride!

Anyway...I think I am ready for the holidays. Definitely in better spirits. DS last night was just saying how it felt like it was yesterday that I had all those tubs in the LR and now they will be back there in a couple of days. I used to take the tree down the day after Christmas, and have been known to take it down on Christmas Day but the last few years I have left it up for a few more days. And we always leave the outside lights on till New Years day-then they come down. Some people around have left their up and on well into February. Of course then there are the ones who never take the lights down at all. LOL Just seems odd to be talking about taking everything down. But I am a little anxious to get the house back to normal or as it was before. Don't think it was ever normal! And to paint. DH has Christmas Eve to New Years off so want to get that done while he is home.

Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:57 AM   #6  
Closed

HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON EVERYONE
CRISTI I LOVED THE OLDEN DAYS TO I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO LIVE IN VICTORIAN TIMES ,IT WAS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL ERA, FOR HOMES DECORATING AND CLOTHES EVERTHING WAS SO FEMININE.]
Old 12-23-2004, 10:24 AM   #7  
PamPSM644

Tea Rose, I know the first painting is by Thomas Kinkade is the sec by him also? I love his paintings. I know,purists hate him,but I love the warmth and nastalgia he puts on canvas. My foster mother would make an Italian desert called "Bisquit Tor Toni". Anyone ever heard of it? It's not a bread. It's made with whipped cream ,egg yolks,corn syrup,unflavoed gelatin, vanilla and almond flavoring, heated to boiling,poured into muffen cups,dusted with crushed macaroons,and cooled in the freezer.It's so rich and delicious.For cookies we'd make Persimmom Cookies.Yum. :sman:
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 10:48 AM   #8  
Closed

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE:merry:
Hi Pam actually the second one with the little girl is a Trisha Romance print I also have quite a few of her prints in my home, I to love Thomas Kinkade.My ex's Mother makes all kinds of Italian cookies and bisquits but that one although the name is familiar some of the ingredients are not , could be she just did a different variation of the them.She still sends me cookies all the time especially on special holidays, although I do feel strange , its still a very sweet gesture. I have never had pesimmom cookies,they do sound yummy.Wishing you a wonderful holiday season *ELLEN*
Old 12-24-2004, 01:05 AM   #9  
One day at a time

I am with you on that Ellen. I too loved the victorian era and would love to just walk on in one of those pics-just seems like I would fit.

Okay ladies...with New Years fast approaching I was wondering if any of you have made any resolutions? I quit making them years ago as it seemed I always broke them so didn't see a point. But...I have since decided that I will rename it and instead of resolutions look at them as goals. Which I guess is basically the same thing, just goals sounds a heck of a lot better than resolutions. Other than the non-weight loss goals I posted on Martis thread, I do have some weight loss goals and will be starting January 1. But that's about it. I always strive to be a better person, more giving and such and don't really see much else that I would like to change other than of course my weight. So that's about it for me. What do you ladies have in store for yourselves for 2005?
Old 12-24-2004, 11:19 AM   #10  
PamPSM644

The last New Years Res. I made was a couple years ago.I promised to spay all the female cats at my end of the block because of so many feral cats and abandon cats in my neighborhood. I have a feeding station on my front porch because I can't stand for anything to go hungry.I bought a "Have-A-Heart"trap and did it and have been keeping the numbers down by doing it ever sence. It's the only Resolution I,ve ever kept but probubly the most important one. :snf:
Old 12-26-2004, 03:45 PM   #11  
Closed

HAPPY HOLIDDAYS EVERYONE
Hi Pam
Reading your new years resolution of a couple of years ago made me chuckle . I can't believe the similarities in you and I ,I have been separated for over 8 years , can't afford a divorce,I have a son 29 and a daughter 27 who both live with me, and help me out tremendously and are my best friends,If you were to come to my house any time in the last five years you would find a little house built for the little strays on my porch, in the winter its on the front porch, in the summer on the side porch, you will also find a feeding station and a big soft blanket to ly on to keep them from the cold of the bricks, right now there is a beautiful black cat sleeping on it .It has taken a while to earn his trust but food and love goes a long way in acheiving that goal.Since I have moved here I have taken in 5 strays now all fixed all happy and indoors safe. Over the course of the past 15 years I hace taken in probably over 15 strays and loved them all but I have since lost many to age and some to illness from causes of their sad lives.I'm happy to know that they had a least known warmth, good food, and mostly love for as long as they were here with us.We did take in a beautiful little stray calico coloured kitty a few months ago and it seems she is about to have babies any day now, so I will have a few more,to tend to. It is a committment emotionally and financially ,but no one seems to mind helping out with the food, and there is no shortage of love here. Yesterday everyone had turkey ,and it seems there will be enough to last definitely for a few days so the kitties will feast with us . The little black stray had some this morning and he didn't come up for air, he was purring and kneading, and he is now asleep on the big comfy blanket .I had him come in the other day but he was still frightened, since there is a lot of kitties to contend with so I know it will take time.Anyway I thought that we share a common interest that not a lot of people understand,but I like you get so much gratification from it,as do animal lovers everywhere. I think this year though part of my New Years resolution has to include me,Its one thing to put all your energy into your children your pets and your home, but when you lose sight of yourself you have to step back and reaccess, and I think this is the year to start .I have much to do, starting with the 30 lb weight loss that has been a constant struggle over the past two years, I need to get my hair done maybe even my nails. I need new clothers ,I have basically nothing,I need shoes , my hair done,and a and a new desire to take care of me , which will probably be the hardest thing to do.I am very happy to have found this site and these wonderful ladies,who I consider my friends.They have a made a difference in my life and along with the changes I hope to acheive, I look forward to sharing with them ,my progress.I am so looking forward to a New Year of changes ,experiences and challenges with my friends and I look forward to them sharing theirs with me. I HOPE THAT EVERYONE ENJOYS THE REMAINDER OF THE HOLIDAY SEASON AND GOD BLESS EVERYONE IN THIS YEAR AND THE NEXT,

Last edited by Tea Rose; 12-27-2004 at 06:39 AM.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:40 PM   #12  
GmaTo8

Here're Christmas and snow pictures as I promised. Katie says she will take a picture of me soon. In the meantime, here's the rest of my family.

(deleted by Jane)
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 06:47 AM   #13  
Closed

Hi Everyone
just up for another check on the kittens ,yes Amelie had 2 kittens one is pure black and one is all tan , mommy is doing fine now, since she is so young herself if took her a while to figure it out, but she did ,now she has her little family. I have not slept it seems for days,a few hours here and there. I still have to clean up from Christmas,how pathetic is that. anyway I think I will go and try for another hour of sleep before I have to check on the babies to make sure their feeding alright.. Jane your grandchildren are beautiful I don't know why I thought you only had two granddaughters, but you are so blessed with those beautiful little girls, your family looks lovely and happy ,thankyou for sharing those wonderful pictures.
Old 12-27-2004, 10:41 AM   #14  
One day at a time

Ellen~I hope you get some much needed sleep soon.

Jane~your family is beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pics. Although....seems someone was missing...we saw a pic of everyone including Molly but YOU! Anyway...they are great! I love how all the gk are dressed the same, sooo cute! And the cookie making...

Well I did manage to get all, yes all the Christmas stuff put away yesterday even with the late start. Glad it's put up but the house looks kind of bare. Oh well...now on to New Years. It is going to be weird writing 2005.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:51 AM   #15  
PamPSM644

Tea Rose,just trid to send a message to you but in the middle everything froze up so don't know if you got it. You must be my lost twin? I line up plastic boxes on my porch with holes cut in the front.Inside is a pillow and part of a blanket. On top is folded old comforters. I live in S Cal so thankfully it doesn't get that cold often.Also like you ,before I started my diet I had long very gray hair which I pulled back and looked like an old lady.My clothes were drab and old. I only bought something when I HAD to. After I lost 40lbs I went and had my hair cut and styled, then dyed for the first time in 20 yr or more. Now it's 60 lbs and I got all new clothes for X-mas. I feel wonderful an also another first is I didn't try to hide from the camera. It sounds like now it's your turn for you to get all these goodies.