Old 12-24-2004, 07:44 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Christmas Weekend Chat - December 24th, 25th and 26th

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Just jump in bed and cover up your head cause Santa Claus comes tonight

Good Morning and Merry Christmas Eve

Today is going to be a busy one, I have to make the turkey w/the sides and lasagna, not to mention the cake for Baby Jesus

Then tonight we will be putting together, after DD goes to sleep, her presents.

I might have to run to my mom's today if the package I got my DH arrives there, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I had it sent there because I didn't want my DH to see it.

Whats everyone doing today ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 08:34 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Sounds like you've got as busy day as I do. I'm just taking time for breakfast then I have to get going on getting the kids and myself ready to go. Then it's off to the races

Jane: Thoughts and prayers will be sent your way. Hope you're feeling yourself soon!! If ya need an ear remember my PM box is always open and if you need my email address give me a holler!!!

The scale went down so that was cool. I'm not stepping on it til next week

We opened a stocking stuffer last night and DH got me a pair of diamond earrings!!! I was VERY surprised (kind of. lol. Knew he got me some type of earrings )

Hope you all have a VERY Merry Christmas!!!!

Last edited by lady_adnerb; 12-24-2004 at 08:37 AM.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 11:29 AM   #3  
Proud Mama

Oh, I blew it! I still haven't gotten dh's present yet! We are suppose to sing in the church choir tonight, but Jer ended up having to work tonight. We are suppose to go to 2 parties tonight, but then we run into transportation problems. Our car only seats 5 people, when there are 6 people in our family. grrr.. (tonight of all nights!) I just hope Walmart isn't closed today. They shouldn't close til midnight, right?
Uggamugga4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 11:50 AM   #4  

Merry Christmas everyone

Leenie: Thank you for your thoughts. Maybe once the holiday is over I can make some sense of what is going on in my head. Right now it is just all jumbled up with worry. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas. Enjoy.

Brenda: Thank you also for your thoughts. I know I can always reach you if I need someone and I thank you for that. Now....more importantly.....ARE YOU WEARING THE SKIRT? You better be!

Uggamugga4: Oh my...you better get your butt in gear girlie. If I still had someone to get for I would be hyperventilating! Bad enough I just went to the store to get stuff for tonights dinner with friends and I forgot potatoes!!!!!!!!! You should have seen how busy that freakin store was! Didn't anyone think to go shopping earlier in the week for what they need? Geez.

Well, I am going to try and get more upbeat today. DH is beginning to be a bit bugged by my blues. He thinks it is that I am disappointed in him. He couldn't be farther from the truth. I am worried though....seems like just about everything. And to boot he reminds yesterday that we are not expected at my brothers until 3 in the afternoon....that leaves my mother all day with my oldest brother.........and believe me that won't be a good thing. The last thing I need this year is to have her half in the bag by the time we get to Christmas dinner!

ok, enough, enough.......I am going off to go give my DH a big hug and try to chear up. Wish me luck!

Merry Christmas all.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 07:51 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Carrie: How'd it go? Were the stores open and were you able to get presents??

Jane: Holidays are best known for making adults blue with worry. I know it's hard, but try to remember that it all works out in the end. More thoughts and prayers flying your way and hoping you had a Merry Christmas!!

Well, the night at the in-laws is over. Got a diamond shoved in my face to look at from the SIL. Yes, the one I have a hard time getting along with. The other SIL (DH's sister) is halfway decent anyway. So I told her (SIL) that DH was going to buy me this gorgeous ring but I told him I'd rather have something else. Shut her up fast. Yes, I wore the skirt. No girdle or tummy tucking nylons (and no pictures of course ). Boy was I self conscious!!! Now I've got to get through today @ my parents. I just started wearing day & Night contacts (they're the kind you can sleep in) so my eyes are dry and itchy. What a sight. Add going to bed at midnight (Thank God I got the Santa gifts wrapped or it wouldn't have been until 3am!!) and waking up at 5:00 am and it's not a pretty sight. Gonna have to make use of the makeup oldest DD (I just KNOW she had an ulterior motive for that---she wants to start wearing makeup) got me Well, I'm gonna go lay down and see if I can take a couple hour snooze Wish me luck and hope you all are having a
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Old 12-25-2004, 09:59 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!

Old 12-25-2004, 04:24 PM   #7  
on my way down again

Merry Christmas everyone!

I hope everyone is healthy and happy today. DH and I are home alone watching movies, eating...oh...terrible tasting foods and...all good for us (((NOT)))

DH says we can just do "one of those first of the year thingies" (a new year's resolution) :sball2: :sman:

:merry:

Last edited by Sonnet; 12-25-2004 at 04:28 PM.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 05:02 PM   #8  
Proud Mama

:merry: :snf:
:merry: :merry: :merry:

yay!!!!! To blowing diets, and then recovering soon!! YAY!! Santa was SOOOOOOO good to us!

Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-25-2004, 10:16 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh burp !!

Hope you all are doing okay
Old 12-26-2004, 02:51 AM   #10  

Hope everyone had a great Christmas! It was so nice here. Got some really nice things, and enjoyed spending time with the family. We went the the In-laws Christmas eve night, and had a really good time with all the neices and nephews. Christmas morning we had breakfast at DH's sister's next door. Came home around 11am and I slept until 4:30 pm!! I couldn't believe I slept that long. DH said he wouldn't wake me before then, because he could tell I was sleeping so good! What a sweetheart! Went by the in-laws and to my dad's for a little while on Christmas night. We are supposed to go to a birthday party for our 4 yr old cousin today, but DH says that we won't make it because I will be at the hospital in labor!!!! My mom's birthday is Dec 26, and he swears that the baby will be born then also. I'm not so convinced. I feel the same as I have the last few days..no different. Can't get comfortable anywhere, lots of pressure...but no labor pains. It's supposed to start snowing sometime before daylight!! We're excited, as we don't get snow often. Only supposed to be 1-3 inches...but hey snow is snow!! Well, just got up to let Rocky out for a few minutes and check to see if it was snowing yet! Guess I better get my butt back to bed!! Have a great day everyone!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 10:18 AM   #11  
Baby Steps

Well, Christmas is over. It's back to watching what I ate. I of course feel like crap. Feel like I'm coming down with a cold That, and discovered I can't wear the day & night contact lenses (the ones you can sleep in). My eyes are all puffy and itchy/dry. I couldn't WAIT to get home from my parents house because I forgot to bring my glasses so couldn't take them out. Of course, wearing contacts 2 days straight after not wearing them at all is not a good idea either. I did throw them in solution to try again in a couple days Hope you all are doing well and enjoyed Christmas!!
Old 12-26-2004, 11:15 AM   #12  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Well, I'm looking backward (not the best thing to do, necessarily, during the holiday season), and I see that tomorrow marks my one year anniversary of going on Atkins -- at least the LAST time I went on Atkins.

Now here I am, 40+ pounds heavier and wanting so badly to get back into the swing of things. I've been trying for the past few weeks, and making no progress. The holiday season is the pits for trying to do lo-card, isn't it?

Anyway, I've just thrown out all the remaining cookies, candies, and the like, and the Christmas ham and crab meat is in the fridge waiting for me. So.....I'm doing it again. I've decided I'm just too miserable to go on this way. I look at my profile in the mirror and I see my mother (no, this is NOT a good thing!). I played a game on the floor with my 10YO DD yesterday and had the dickins of a time getting back up. Now, when I turn sideways to go through the sliding door (we have a massive dog door insert), my stomach and butt once again rub against the door frame. But I'm not going to fixate on any of this. Instead, I'm coming home to all of you again. When people asked me before how I lost my weight, I never said "Atkins." Instead I would say "Oh, a bunch of friends and I are going through this together." So, friends, here I am again. Open those arms up EXTRA WIDE and send out some hugs to your lost little lamb. I'M HOME!!!!!
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 11:41 AM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Everyone !

Hi Paula, welcome back !!!

I am going to try to eat healthy today as well, there's so much crap in the house and DH won't let me get rid of it b/c he wants to enjoy it a few more days...he can afford it thats for sure. Gotta pray for strength.

Okay I need breakfast/lunch....bbl

Hope everyone had a good holiday
Old 12-26-2004, 09:51 PM   #14  
Baby Steps

Crap. I didn't do too well in watching what I ate. Well, I watched it---as I was eating it. Junk!! ARGH!!! So carb headache here I come tomorrow!!! Dang it all! And I feel like a stuffed porker plus a bloated one at that. GRRR!!!!
Old 12-26-2004, 10:34 PM   #15  
Proud Mama

Ok, girls, we've got to get back on the wagon! Starting tomorrow, I am totally back on woe. Seriously. Who's up for a Valentine's day challenge? Wanna do it with me? I am not sure how much I am planning on losing yet, but I totally have to make up for the holiday.

Who wants to be strict with me?