Old 12-26-2004, 07:30 AM   #1  

Default LCFS December 26, 2004

Hi Guys!
I just lost a huge post, so I will make this one much shorter until I see
what happens!!!
Hope you all had a lovely Christmas day I want to thank you all for the
lovely cards and email greetings. There were really super.
Nikki, I loved reading the explaination for the 12 days of Christmas. I am
going to print that and share it with my family when I go back to work on
Wednesday.
Hope Santa was good to you all. I rec'd a lovely gift set of Tresor (my all
time favorite) complete with bonus and red satin bag. I also got a gift
certificate for Cotton Jennys and another for the Eatons Centre which has
tons of stores to choose from. For one thing I am going to buy myself a
good quality pair of athletic walking shoes to start working of my surplus.
Right about now I could fit in a Santa Suit The most touching gift I
received was a lovely framed picture of my Dad. I will display and treasure
it always.
How are you guys?
Anne.
Old 12-26-2004, 08:16 AM   #2  

Good morning

I hope you all had a very nice Christmas. Anne, It sounds like you did have a wonderful Christmas. That photo of your Dad was an awesome gift.

The weather here was horrible. We had rain throughout the day. It got very heavy at times and we did have a few claps of thunder.

Today, the stores opened at 7:00 am for their after Christmas sales. I will be staying put because I hate the crowds.

Santa was very generous here. DH, my cousin, and my friends gave me a ton of gifts. My very favorite were a pair of Boston Terrier slippers. They look like stuffed animals, only they're slippers. Well...Lacee kept attacking them everytime I walked. Then while I was standing still she kept trying to smell the ears. Both DH & I were Apparently she thought they were real. DH got me WW new Turn Around Cookbook off of E Bay, that has some great recipes for both Flex & Core. I have gained some weight because this past week I didn't stay OP. I couldn't believe how fast the weight came on! Anyway, I'm back on track today. Mainly because my stomach can't take anymore holiday cheer.

Anne & Lynn, I do hope my card got to you guys in time. I sent something else along with it, so I mailed it in a padded manila envelope. When I went to mail it, the postal worker told me that I had to fill out some sort of paper because they had to go through customs. So...if you haven't got them, customs has them.

Nikki, hope your day was good. Was your husband able to stay home the whole day with you? A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your DD

Have a good Sunday everyone.
Aleka
Old 12-26-2004, 08:26 AM   #3  

Good morning,
We had a nice Christmas. I made a list of things for the girls to give me and they did buy some of those things, but added a few of their own too. They gave me some very sweet, th oughtful presents. DH and I don't exchange presents. He is such a Grinch that getting a present from him is not much fun (all the complaining he does about shopping), so I just buy myself something nice around this time. That way, I can take advantage of the sales and get what I really want anyway.
I am still sick. I think it's turned into a sinus infection, so guess I'll have to go to the Dr whenever I can get in. The only time I can breathe through my nose is when I exercise.
We delivered the cookies yesterday and that was ok. Most of the kids were gone to other places, so we just visited with the adults. DH had to go back to work last night, so my oldest daughter came over last night and we watched The Terminal. I like Tom Hanks, but I thought that movie was not one of his best (he does either excellent movies or real losers). We had a good time anyway.
I stayed OP yesterday. I have gained back about 3 lbs though, from only 2 days of bad eating. And, I didn't even eat as much as I would have liked.
Anne, I think getting some new shoes to work out in is a great way to get going. I love to get new shoes
What strange weather. It's gotten warmer and by the end of the week, it will be in the 50's. Sure will save on the gas bill.
Later, Nikki
Old 12-26-2004, 08:34 AM   #4  

Aleka, we were posting at the same time. That is so cute about Lacee and her puppy slipper attacks. Sounds like you got some wonderful presents and I'm glad you had a nice Christmas.
Has your weather gotten any better?
I better get going, the birds I feed are waiting for their breakfast by the feeders and the outside cat hasn't had his breakfast either, not a good combination, Nikki
Old 12-26-2004, 03:50 PM   #5  

Happy Boxing Day: I just lost a long post if this fails I will be emailing your private email addresses. I am Pi--ed with this happening all the time on this site and only this site. Anyway glad you had good holidays. As you know we left on Wed. I was packed and out of here in a hour and a good thing too as on Thursday there was 2 feet of snow here. We just had our driveway plowed out, we are both to old for that kind of shovelling. I couldn't post at DD's as their computer is down. She went to sign on one day and her password that comes up***** had added about 15 * apparently that means that a hacker was trying to use their computer so they are uninstalling everything. I too had a great gift christmas. DH has given me a iou for tickets to see a show in Toronto. The last show we saw was Abba Mania and we both loved it. I havn't decided yet but apparently the tickets to one of them doesn't go on sale until Feb. Had a great Christmas Eve. The roads were still really bad, at one point there was a few miles of black ice and there were cars in the ditch everywere. Christmas day went very well also, which was a pleasant surprise. This will probably be the last Christmas to take my Mom home. Next year we will cook the dinner than take it to the home on plates to share dinner with here. There are rooms we can use with micro waves to warm up the plates. She was so exhausted after dinner she had no idea were she was. Anne I hope your mother is better now that christmas is over. Step-father missed xmas eve because his Dr. had over perscribed a medication for him. He spent Thursday in the hospital. Love the sound of your slippers Ali. Mya has slept since we left DD's. Cooper (her Puppy) wore her out. Nikki I have company coming for a couple of days for New Year's Eve and I have visited so much the last 4 days I don't know how I am going to be a pleasant hostess. Well I am going to take a book and a glass of wine and have a bubble bath. DH is watching Junior hockey so a good time to read It is so good to be back will probabley be back later because I plan to do NOTHING for the rest of the day.
Old 12-26-2004, 05:46 PM   #6  

Happy Boxing Day! I looked on the calendar and saw that this afternoon. Lynn, I'm glad you had a good Christmas We have no plans for New Years. DH is suppose to work and I doubt he'll call in sick. I don't have to take DD to work that night, but I have over done it so much this week, I don't want to add any more extra calories anyway. If I had to visit anymore, I'd have a melt down.
Glad your home, Lynn, the traveling sounds like it was the kind where I'm a nervous wreck until I get to where I'm going.
I went shopping this afternoon and bought a few things on sale at Walmart, but not too much.
Has anyone tried Morning Star Farms garden veggie burgers? I was kind of surprised that they don't taste bad (in fact, I like them) and 2 of them are only 3 points. I had that for supper with a big salad, carrot stick and pickles and I'm stuffed.
Later, Nikki
Old 12-26-2004, 06:39 PM   #7  

Just saw that registration is now free at WW until March sometime, at least it is at my local meeting, so I suppose it's all of them. If you want to join, you might check it out. I'm going to have to think about it. Nikki
Old 12-27-2004, 07:13 AM   #8  

Good morning,

DH came inside a while ago from going out with the dog. He told me that the roof of my car was covered with FROST and there was so much on my windshield I would need and ICE SCRAPER!!!! But, I'm sure once the sun comes up it will make short work of the frost.

Lynn, sorry that this was the last Christmas you'll be able to bring your mother home. That's a great idea about bringing in the food next year. That's too bad your step-dad had to spend Christmas Eve in the hospital. Was he there Christmas Day? Glad you made it home safe and sound. The roads sound treacherous. I love the group ABBA. Is Abba Mania the group that tours imitating them? If so, DH & I saw such a group a couple of summers ago, he had gotten me tickets for my birthday. They were fabulous. If you really like Abba, and haven't seen Mamma Mia, I would highly recommend it. They do have touring companies all over the world performing it.

Nikki, I too gained 2 lbs. in 2 days, for all I know it could be 4 lbs. by now. I went into the WW site and found the meeting near me. They're offering $10.00 off the registration fee and it's only good until the end of Jan. You're deal is better. Have you decided whether or not you're going to join? I'm thinking about it. It is the only way I will stick to something. Although, I am determined to get this weight off as I'm sick of it. I have had those veggie burgers and they are very good. I have also had some called Boca Burgers, they were good also. I've also used the crumbled veggie "meat" that come in a bag in pasta sauce like hamburgh. I couldn't tell the difference. But, DH said he could and I think it's because he knew it was in there.

Anne, hope you're having a good day.

Aleka
Old 12-27-2004, 08:55 AM   #9  

Morning All: Yes Abba Mania is a touring group that does Abba music. I meant Momma Mia which we saw a few years ago. I loved it. Step-father was out for Xmas thank God, running after him and Mom would have been to much. This was DB's first Christmas with his new girlfriend and his first Christmas missed with Mom in 30 years. He has promised that next year he will have Christmas with them and just maybe I won't. It would be nice to do my own thing with my kids for the first time in my life. This is the last year Mom will have any idea what Christmas is so missing next year is an idea. DH thinks it is a great idea. I have never heard of the veggie burger you were talking about but we do have Boca burgers here and I really like them. In the weight -loss challenge at Curves I will be following their diet which sounds a lot like Core I won't know untuk the 17th. DH is sick, DD was sick and he catches everything. Poor Nikki , you have been sick a long time it seems Hope you shake it soon. I too have a sore throat, hope that is that is all I have caught! DH is still in bed so he is really feeling crappy. I have to shop today but will take it easy except for that. Curves is closed today so will start back tomorrow. I have no idea how much I have put on but I'm sure it is some. Well talk to you later
Old 12-27-2004, 09:42 AM   #10  

Good morning,
I did my 3 mile this morning and 200 crunches, so I'm ready to go. Just have no place to go to Housework calls, so that is the thing for today.
Lynn, when I read your post, I was thinking your Christmas must have been better because your SF wasn't there. He must not be one of your favorite people. When did he marry your mom? I hope you do get to spend your next Christmas with your kids. Our Christmas time has changed over the years. I use to knock myself out trying to make it the best Christmas the kids could have, and of course, they didn't appreciate it, because they were kids. But now that they are grown, we've really pared it down and it's still nice and the best part is, I'm no longer upset, exhausted or burnt out on it. It's a day we look forward to and enjoy together and that's the way it should be.
Hope your all feeling better soon. Last night, DH asked me if I"d been to the Dr. yet, which surprised me, because he thinks you should only go to the Dr if your practically dead. I seem to get worse at night, then better in the day. Don't know if I can even get into the Dr, right after the holidays and all.

Aleka, isn't that they way men are? I made chili with turkey once and DH was eating it up, saying how good it was. I said, You can't even tell it's turkey and he says, I thought it tasted different. Yeah, right. I like Bocca burgers too, but I think I like Morning Star Farms better.

Guess I'll finish up looking at my email and get busy, Nikki
Old 12-27-2004, 02:31 PM   #11  

Hi Everyone:
Today is sunny and bright but still on the cool side. The weather is suppose
to be better tomorrow and out and out beautiful by Friday

Went over to Loblaws and scored a few deals. They had some great
St. Ives sets of shower gel etc. for next to nothing so I picked up a few
goodies.

I have had problems with my computer running like a slug. I think it is loaded
with so much spyware, adware you name it. This year I am determined to
by a lap top for my own use What browser do you guys use. I am
currently on MSN because Internet explorer won't boot up at all. Must have
a virus of some kind. I think this may be the fault of one of my sons looking
at inappropriate web sites

Nikki sorry to hear you are still unwell. I hope you are feeling better soon.
You are doing pretty good with the exercise though!

Aleka, I too have put on over Christmas. I am determined to get back on
track in 2005. This year is not one I will look back on fondly. By next year
I will be ready to send you guys some more photos. Actually with the web
camara I can send them on line! I can't believe I will be 48 in March !!!!
My birthday is on Good Friday this year.

Hi Lynn, I hope you and your family are feeling better!!!

Have a great day everyone.
Anne.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:00 AM   #12  

Hello everyone,

It turned out to be a beautiful day out yesterday in spite of the frost that morning. It got into the 70's. It's supposed to be near 80 by the end of the week, or so they say.

Anne, it sounds like you had a productive day of shopping. Glad you were able to get some good bargains. Our browser is Internet Explorer. We really like it. Earlier this year we had some sort of virus that attacked our browser, so DH had to install another browser, Mozzilla (I called it Godzilla). We hated it. Then DH sent the computer to one of the computer fix-it shops. They got rid of the virus, Godzilla, and installed Internet Explorer again along with a different virus protector. Have you decided what type of eating plan you're going to do? Will you stay with SS or do something else?

Nikki, how are you feeling? You really have been sick for a very long time. Hopefully you'll get a Dr. appt. quickly. When you've had something wrong with you for a long period of time, the Dr. will usually see you right away. At least the Dr. I used to go to did. If you can't get into your Dr. office, can you go to the Emergency Room of the hospital, or if your hospital has a walk-in clinic maybe you could go there.

Lynn, maybe instead of seeing your Mom Christmas, you can visit her sometime before or after the holiday. That way you can have your own Christmas celebration. How are you feeling? Has your sore throat left you? Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

I think I better update my ticker.

Hope you all have a good day.
Aleka

Last edited by aleka; 12-28-2004 at 08:03 AM.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:29 AM   #13  

Good morning,
Anne, I use MSN and I've always used it, even when I could use internet explorer. I just like it better. I can use internet explorer again,now that my computer has come back from the shop, but I haven't. Besides, I like the email with MSN better, although I do use Yahoo for mail too. If you get your own laptop, that will make everything more convienent for you. I hate to share my computer with DH even. He only uses it a few hours a week, but that is always when I want to use it too. But, I want to use it all the time Looking forward to new pictures of you

Aleka, I think I'm better today. Still coughing and sinus problems, but not like before. Guess I'll just pass on seeing the Dr. for now.
Boy, HSN is having some great deals on jewelry today. I was able to pick up a few pieces for 75% off, for my other DD's birthday, which is coming up in January.

It looks like a great day here too. DH is off the next two days, have no idea what he'd like to do. If we could, I'd like to walk around on the trails by the lake later, but seems like something always comes up and we never make it. Think I'll grab another I feel kind of pooped this morning, Nikki
Old 12-28-2004, 02:11 PM   #14  

Hi!!! I am tired today, Didn't get out of bed until 9:30 (very late for me) and just got dressed. I feel like crap. It is warm and had so much plans for the day since yesterday was a right off. DH mentioned he should learn to do some stuff with the computer but so far I have not suggested showing him. I know from friends that it is a pain in the butt to share a computer. I had better be getting DB's lap top soon though my computer is running very good right now. The neighbour is still letting the dogs go loose in the middle of the night. Got up and there was a big pee on the deck, that really annoys me. The neighbour that plowed out our driveway said a few of the neighbours have decided to call the mayor when ever the dogs are loose be it 4 or 5 in the morning and maybe he will get the bi law officer to work a night shift to catch them. That is probably why I am tired. Hope you all are having a good day, talk to you tomorrow
Old 12-29-2004, 07:47 AM   #15  

Hi everyone,

We took down a lot of our Christmas decorations yesterday. A few will stay up until New Years Day.

I started eating healthier. I cut cup some veggies and made SS Peppercorn Tarragon salad dressing with FF sour cream & ff mayo for a dip. It was just ok...I preferred her Green Goddess over this one. I think it may be the Tarragon.

I found this idea on another diet BB. You mix any flavor SF/FF instant pudding into FF plain yogurt. Last night I mixed 2 Tablesp. of vanilla flavored SF pudding into 1/2 cup FF plain yogurt. OMG was it ever good. It was almost like eating cheese cake. I may have used too much pudding, I don't know. I'm just experimenting at the moment, as I didn't see any exact measurements. Some people on that particular BB raved about mixing SF Pistachio flavored pudding with FF plain yogurt and adding some pineapple to it. I just looked at the point value on the SF pudding. 1/4 of the pkg. (as is) is 1 pt. and 1/2 cup of the FF plain yogurt is 1 pt. I think I used more than 1/4 of the pkg. I'll have to see how much is actually in the box. You get a nice rich creamy dessert for only 2 points or so and it's totally CORE.

Lynn, sorry you didn't get very much sleep and that you're not feeling well. Hope you're feeling better really soon. That's good your neighbors have gotten together to do something about those annoying dogs. I'm sure if the mayor keeps getting calls in the wee hrs. of the morning, then something will be done about those dogs. DH & I share the computer. He uses a lot more than I do. Sometimes I think he should have married it.

Nikki, glad that you're starting to feel better. You've had this for quite some time. Usually if I've had something for a long time, once I decide to see the Dr. I start to mend. The power of suggestion? You really got some good deals at HSN. Did you get to walk the trails?

Anne, are you still off from work? If so, I hope you're enjoying yourself.

Take care,
Aleka