Old 12-23-2004, 02:50 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Default Chit Chat #99

Hello and welcome to the Jaded Ladies where you'll meet wonderful women who will become more than friends...they become family!
Come on and join us!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 03:35 PM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Well, I am back again ladies! Just can't stay away...

If you pay for my flight Marti I will be more than happy to come and bake your cookies! I think Jhanai would love to bake the cookies with you tho. Will she be with you for the whole Christmas weekend? I am glad that you are getting Christmas Eve off to spend with the family. V came home early because 1/2 the plant was gone-some took the whole day off and others left at lunch so he thought what they heck, no point in staying. He is off till Monday after New Years.

I have yet to do anything except some laundry. My right foot is bothering me again and I am not sure why-it's hard to stand on it for too long. Going to make a Drs appt after Christmas to see if something is wrong and get aquainted with the new Doc. Did I mention that back in Oct. I received a letter from my doc about her quitting in Nov? Nov 11 was her last day. Didn't give a reason except that she was quitting and said if you have an appt. after that date you need to make other arrangements-weird. I hate that because I don't like starting over with a new one. It was hard finding another woman that is accepting new patients and one close to us. At least this one is just around the corner, about 2 miles.

I am going to try and make chat tonight. Not sure at this point. I think CSI and Without A Trace are not going to be on. and it depends on if I have done my baking yet!

Mindee~did your friend do something to warrant the e-mail? Or is it just about her thinking she is pregnant? Don't they grow so fast? Better enjoy Brandon while you can. I swear it seems like yesterday the kids were that small and now they are in their 20's. Where has the time gone? Well, DD will be 21 next month.

Guess I have gone on enough See ya later ladies-hopefully
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 07:57 PM   #3  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

OK...now where was I?? Oh yeah…..catching up on here.

Marti~ We have come to the conclusion that she is looking to get pregnant. She thought she had gotten pregnant with her ex-fiance, and now the tides have changed and she is thinking it again. She kept telling me at our Christmas party that she was because her boobs were so sore. I told her “just because your boobs are sore doesn’t mean your pregnant. For some women their boobs get sore when they are about to ovulate.” As for Tommy’s sister’s boyfriend. I am going to avoid him at all costs, and at this point I don’t want to go to any more family functions with his family. His parents in the past have used the N word in my presence.

That story about the little boy is just a miracle!

Ellen~ Your daughter is absolutely beautiful!! Thanks for the card by the way!

Gotta run again….time to eat and then maybe I can get Tommy to play some cards with me until our buddy Joe might come over to play some poker.

Cristi~ Our friend has done everything out there to avoid us at all costs. She even told her sister and her sister’s friends that she wasn’t even going to come to our Christmas party because she figured it would be boring! That I found out because I went with her to get some clothes because she was going to stay the night and her sister’s friend made a comment about the party being boring and her not wanting to come.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 08:10 PM   #4  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good Evening ladies!
only 37 hours till Crhistmas, came home and Brandon had a web site on that says exactly how many days, hours, minutes and yes even seconds till Christmas...last I looked it was 2265 minutes...that was an hour about so 2205 minutes too go...ok maybe I shouldn't of had that chocolate...wowee are things busy or what!? Seriously I won a HUGE sack full of chocolates,,,and the girls and I polished off some brandy chocolates,,,would that make me inpaired? Cause I feel more hyper with all the chocolates.
Ellen, you get yoru pictures done when you want to....but don't forget you are part of the kids lives and probably would love to have momentos of you. I had to show the family your card,,,I bragged for you about all the beautiful decorating you do.
Susan, as the othes have said, hoping you were not hurt. And yes Rocky is a sweet man...and tell him we all said that!
Jane, I swear you must of got all our snow! Im using a broom to clean my walks. Id make sno angels with you if I was there! And make a Castle, and using walk and food coloring sprinkle it over making colors...then using lights. I used to do that before when we had lots of COLD christmass.
So (tongue in cheek) how come Neal gets distracted when giving you a massage?..lol

Katy, I am so needing a massage,,,Ive never had one but I know I could like one.

Sue, Well if it gets to cold for you come on up to Canada...lol Glad to know BIL is feeling better, this isn't the time to be dealing with sicknesses...

Cristi, THANK YOU for the pot holder,,,I have it already near my stove ready to pull dinner out.

I went to Petland today to buy Garrett (youngest brother)'s cat a gift. He's is a special needs person, 21 yrs old but more like 10...and he loves his Sophie. So I stopped in and got her some treats. And my mom's dog Sparky,,,and then got a few more things for Miss Skittles. And OMG *sigh spent over an hour cuddling a rescue puppy! There were 3 all around 2 months old,,,I could of taken them all home if I knew Monte would let me. One kept eating at my hair, so I left there looking like Cameron Diaz on Something about Mary. But ooo was Skittles mad,,she sniffed me over and gave me this look...Who have you been with?
Anyways I should get dinner ready,,,have to work tomorrow at the office early then I have to work late as a PI...all together now,,,ah that sux!
Well I better get...
OH Yes Hello Pam, and welcome! And girl I need to talk to you about how you did it!
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 09:30 PM   #5  
One day at a time

Hi ladies~

Just a quick check in to see how everyone is doing. Won't make it to chat tonight, can't even remember what time you ladies have it. Anyway...was thinking it was now but don't really have the time to chat. Just got a few things done and still have to bake a cake, actually cupcakes. And also do another load of clothes. I will definitely be up late tonight which is fine as I can sleep in tomorrow. Don't need to get anything started till about 11 anyway.

Angie~sorry you have to work tomorrow and tomorrow night. Everyone should get Christmas Eve off. Step away from the chocolates missy!

Pam~well, that's a good thing the doc didn't say anything, I guess. It still seems your caloric intake is really low for a person your height and weight. And I know you can still lose weight on more calories. Also, always heard it's not good to lose too fast. But as long as the doc didn't say stop...just be careful. I know we all know what our bodies can and can't take. on your loss.

Mindee~I guess I am still a little confused about all that and the e-mail, even from what you just posted. Anyway...

Okay, I am outta here till tomorrow sometime. Will probably check in in the morning to see how everyone is or if anyone has posted but will be busy. Oooo, the timer just went off-gotta go.

EDITED:

I am back again... Just wanted to say I did get everything done that was on my list tonight. And...while tomorrow will be a bit easier for me, I will still be busy. So...I am going to sleep in and then cook and hang out with the kids and DH, and of course Ernie dog. I will see you ladies sometime Sunday or possibly Monday morning. Not sure yet as I have no idea what is on the agenda for the week since V will be home. So you all have a good holiday with your families and take care.

~WISHING YOU & YOURS A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS~

:merry:

Last edited by FrouFrou; 12-24-2004 at 12:57 AM.
Old 12-24-2004, 04:39 AM   #6  
GmaTo8

Merry Christmas!!

Angie - yep, lol, I'd say you were impaired! Got any of those left? LOL I have one of those counter thingies at the Disney site I go to, lol. Of course, mine has run down now, lol.

Marti - thank you for starting the last couple of threads. Enjoy your weekend with James and Jhanai. And grandpa, too.

Cristi - so glad you got evertthing done! Hope your foot is better today. I do think it's time for the JLs to focus on pampering ourselves in 2005, and doing makeovers or whatever we need.

Mindee - enjoy your little guy and I hope you have a great holiday.

Pam - I must have missed your post, but hello anyway!

Hello and Merry Christmas to the others.

Southern Indiana has been declared in a state of emergency. They have closed most of the roads, and there is no mail. Ellen - I know your card is on the way, so thank you in advance!

Our church service for tonight is cancelled. The elders were afraid some of the older ones would try to make it in and get hurt on the ice. Our church has an extraordinary amount of old members.

We did have so much fun in the snow, but couldn't stay out long since the temps were only in the high teens. Derwood pulled me on the sled and I haven't laughed so hard since I don't know when! And we got some good photos of the kids decorating cookies last night. if I get a chance, I'll post a link. But it's doubtful. Too much going on!

I hope Santa is good to all of you, all though we've been a fairly naughty bunch, lol. Have a merry christmas and I'll be back Sunday. With a new daughter-in-law to be!! Gina thinks Terry got her a gift certificate.

Kathy - bet you though I forgot....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 06:01 AM   #7  

Good Morning everyone!!!

Got home a half hour early from work. Just got all caught up and I thought, I might as well get my weekend started!! Yesterday I talked to some people about wearing a Santa hat or some Christmassy hat....four of us wore hats! It was fun. I brought in tiny little bells so this guy could sew them on the end of his hat!! Being silly and enjoying the night.

Jane--I was reading in our paper here about your State having lots of snow...but I no idea you had so much that you're in a state of emergency! Do you live in the Southern part of Indiana?
How funny that Gina thinks she's getting a gift certificate!! Boy.....I sure wish you could capture her reaction on film.

Cristi--My doctor left to go teach interns in Portland. I was sad to hear that too because he was great. Never gave medicine out just to satisfy me or anything. Really took care of Jhanai. He left about 2yrs ago and I still haven't found another doctor. And I really need to get in and have an annual. W/Ovarian Cancer in the family......never want to take chances.

Angie--You're silly! Probably had one to many Brandy chocolates!! Rescued puppies!! What kind of dogs were they? Now....why are they making you work tomorrow so late?? It's time for relaxation and family time! I hope you don't have to work all through the night.

Mindee--Time for your friend to grow up. Playing around w/trying to get pregnant is not something to take lightly. It's a huge responibility and you truly have to be ready. I hope she's not doing it just for attention. Some girls like the attention they receive while being pregnant and once they have the baby.....it all changes.

Merry Christmas Eve to all the ladies I have missed!!

Well, I'm not really sure if I'll get a chance to get on tomorrow(today) or Christmas day...so I hope you all have a

VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

I'm going to browse a bit before I go to bed.

Good night!!
Old 12-24-2004, 08:56 AM   #8  
RosieKate

Merry Christmas!

Hi gals - I'll be pretty busy over the next couple of days, so I thought I'd stop and wish you all the best right now.

Jane - I had a lovely picture in my mind of you and Neal laughing in the snow...made me smile. It's hard for me to wrap my brain around a state of emergency - we are still getting temps in the 50s here.... stay safe and don't go anywhere you don't have to, alright?

Cristi- a late thank you for the cuddle card ... so cute! Hope you have a great Christmas.

Marti - I could just see you with a cute little Santa hat on...ho ho ho

Merry Christmas to Susan, Mindee, Ellen, Angie, Kathy , Katiecat, Ann, Pam...and everyone else lurking out there!

Well, so far so good. DH has baked a gazillion cookies over the last few days and I haven't had a single one. I'm going to try to get them wrapped up soon so they aren't a temptation. Haven't done so great on the other BLTs ( mentioned on the weight loss thread) but today is another day and I have no excuses even with the holiday. we are having our usual celebration at the ILs tonight and they cook pretty healthy. Tomorrow is very laid back with a prime rib dinner for 8. I got out the linens and silver yesterday and I think I clean them up and use them on Christmas.. it will make it nice and festive!

again - a Merry Christmas to you all - have a good one
Old 12-24-2004, 11:02 AM   #9  
PamPSM644

Helloooo. Today is "clean the house and collapse in bed tonite"day. Even the "babies" are excited because they know they'll be getting some yummy things to eat to. My son and I only like white meat but I go ahead and buy the whole bird so the "kids" can have lots of goodies to.With ham I'm carefull to cut away the fat before they get any of it.I'd like to wish all the Jaded Ladies a happy holiday and may you be granted everything you need and some of what you want. In the words of "Tiny Tim",may God bless us ,everyone. Love Pam :merry:
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 01:31 PM   #10  
One day at a time

Okay, so I have a few minutes...didn't think I would but got the turkey in the oven earlier than usual and everything is ready to turn the stove on. I think this just may very well be the earliest we have ever had Christmas (Eve) Dinner. V and DS#2 decided to go to some tool place and look around and then to Lowes to get paint. Men and their tools. LOL

I also almost forgot to wish Miss Kathy a very Happy Christmas Birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR KATHY...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! AND MANY MORE... Hope your day is a special one.

Jane~will DS and soon to be DDIL still make for your dinner and special night? I have been watching the weather and am still in awe of all the snow. Can't wait to see some pics, just know you all are having fun in all that. Looks like we won't be having a white Christmas. It is supposed to be in the 30's-40's tomorrow. Sorry you guys will miss Mass tonight.

Katy~wish I could stay away from the food! I don't normally eat lunch on the day I cook like this because I know I will be tasting the food. Of course usually by the time dinner is ready I fix a plate eat 3 or 4 bites and am full!

Pam~we give our little Ernie Dog a little bit of turkey, not much. He had seizures a few years ago and the vet thought it was probably from eating too much people food.

Marti~yea, I would definitely get checked regularly especially if that runs in the family. I used to balk at having to go tot he doc but try to have my yearlys done regularly. I know last year I skipped it but before that I have always gone. Better safe than sorry.

HI to everyone else!

Guess I better get going. Need to check on the turkey and get the ham ready. As soon as the turkey is done in goes the rest of the stuff. have you guys ever used those bags? I tried it a few years ago and was amazed at the difference and how much faster the turkey cooks and have used one ever since. Anyway...take care ladies and EVERYONE have a safe and MERRY CHRISTMAS! See ya in a couple of days or so.

:sman: :merry: :sman:
Old 12-24-2004, 05:15 PM   #11  

:merry: (Eve) Everyone!!

I have some time before I'm truly busy and running around like a chicken w/it's head cut off. (did you know that they really do run around once thier poor heads are cut off??)

Cristi--I hope you and V and the rest of you family have a WONDERFUL dinner tonight and that you get spoiled w/relaxation and family time!!

Pam--Merry Christmas to you and your son. Sleep in late tomorrow and then enjoy the rest of your day!

Katy--Enjoy that Prime Rib dinner tomorrow night!! (YUM!) Lots of hugs to your little ones!!

And to all my other Jaded Lady Friends....Have a wonderful day today and tomorrow. I hope you all have special memories created and new traditions started.

Well, I have some last minute wrapping to do. We decided we don't need cookies...and then clean up a bit before leaving for Grandpa's. Read in the paper that Jane is trying to send some of her snow my way! So there is a chance of a White Christmas in Oregon...(who ever heard of such a thing?)

Love and Hugs to all of you!!

And have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
Old 12-24-2004, 08:10 PM   #12  
Give me strength

Good evening ladies,
Jane, I could just imagine the fun of riding in a sleigh! I actually giggled thinking about you laughing... State of emergency,,wow. We are like plus 2 or something strange like that, We had snow this morning dusting the ground, but its all gone. We are suppose to get nasty weather Sunday.
Cristi, your having turkey for dinner and Im having cheese and crackers...
Marti, I decorated my desk at work with all our left over ornaments,,,and of course everytime I turn around some dept person is coming by with a plate of cookies or punch.
Katy, you are one strong woman! I have eaten my share of the neighbours cookies, then picked at few things at work...

Well I worked this morning and had some good laughed with some pretty funny customers,,,I swear some of them must of have gotten into their stock.
Came home slept for 3 hours and now Im heading out the door to work as a PI. Should be a quiet night,,,boring probably... ah well.

Anyways better get,,,
HAVE a MERRY CHRISTMAS LADIES
Old 12-24-2004, 08:12 PM   #13  
Give me strength

Happy Birthday KATHY!!!
Old 12-25-2004, 01:36 AM   #14  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

happy birthday Kathy!!

I just wanted to pop on here real quickly to let you all know that I am thinking of you guys. Merry Christmas to all of you and your families!!!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 06:16 AM   #15  
GmaTo8

Merry Christmas!

Marti - did you get the snow I sent your way, lol? Yes, I am in southern Indiana! The roads to town are passable now, but very, very slick. We even got mail yesterday! Hope Santa is good to Jhanai!

Ellen - thank you so much for the beautiful card, photo and bookmark! So sweet of you! Enjoy your day with the kids.

Katy - we used paper plates yesterday, but today the good dishes and special tablecloth come out... hope you have a wonderful day! Good for you with all the control around the cookies!

Pam - have a blessed Christmas with your son.

Cristi - Terry and Gina and the kids made it out here ok. He has a big truck with 4WD, and pulled right up to the door, lol. I do so hope you are filled with the Christmas spirit today!

Angie - your life is so exciting! Always something going on, You truly do need to think about writing a book. Have a great day with the fam!

Mindee - have fun with your little guy today!

Hello also to Kathy, Sue, Susan, Julie and anyone else reading this.

Just popping in to say hello - want to share my Christmas memories with the Jaded Ladies! It's still early, and Neal and Katie are still asleep. Terry gave Gina the ring last night, and she called, all excited, so Mary drove Neal's big truck into town with Katie and me, so we could see the ring. It was all very emotional, and so very sweet! I gave her the Brides magazines and reception magazine I had bought for her, and she was already flipping through them before we left, lol. The best part was, I told Mackenzie-the-five-year-old that now she and her little sister are going to be my "for real" granddaughters, and we hugged and cried together. Oh, Terry said that when he went over to Gina's parents to ask for their blessing, her mom sat down and cried and her dad said he'd have to think about it, lol. Then he shook Terry's hand and said of course he had his blessing.

I've got some of the cutest Christmas/snow pictures to share, and when I get time, I'll post a link.

Merry Christmas!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote