Old 12-21-2004, 08:02 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives #323 ~TUESDAY~

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 18 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 08:09 AM   #2  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Hi all - sorry I've been MIA - I was at my mom's, then had a hard time posting because DS is all over me when I'm on the computer lately. But I'm here! Seriously fell off the wagon at mom's, with all the cookies. I'll do better today. The kids are getting sick - I hope we're on the mend by Saturday, but it looks bad.

Chris, I'm sorry you had a bad day yesterday - I did get your PM at Video Fitness, and I started a thread in the General Discussion forum about yoga and RH. There are a lot of good videos out there that you can't find in regular retail. We'll see what kind of response we get.

Hope everyone else is healthy and doing well - I'll BBL!
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 08:12 AM   #3  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Good Morning

Morning ladies. How was everyone's night? Mine was about the same as usual. I went to bed at 930 and slept until 1230, then from 100 to 300 with Andrew and from 315 to 645 back in my bed. So minus the interruptions, not bad. Oh well.
I didn't get groceries bought yesterday, it was soooooooo windy and I did NOT want to get Andrew out in it. So for today, after breakfast, me and all three kids have to go buy groceries, come home put them away, hopefully Andrew will be napping by now, then we'll have lunch and then I have to take the kids to dh's grandma's house so she can watch them while I go to the doc, then come back and go finish my Christmas shopping before I pick them up. I'll be pooped later.

I hope everyone has a great day. I've got to get going so I can get ready and have all three kids ready by 830 or so. I'll try to check in at some point. Otherwise, it'll be later so I can share my doc's appt. with you all.
Have a great day.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:14 AM   #4  
Jeniqua

Good morning ladies! It's busy here at my house. My daughter is sick with a cold and a fever. Last night I was up most the night trying to get her fever to go down. It finally broke around 2am and I had to be up by 6am!Needless to say I am very tierd. I am watching 4 kids today along with my 3. It's freezing out..BBRRR.. Yesterday it was -1 degrees. Well that's all for over here. I am on my way to start drinking my water for the day and to get some exercise in with the kids. They are soo cute when they try and exercise with me.

Tracy~ Today is a new day! I am starting to make my cookies today for gifts. I do it every year and it's always alot of fun.. now it's a matter of me keeping my hands out of the cookies..LOL!! Have a great day.

Crystal~ You have a busy and a hetic day planned. That was me on Saturday. Let us know how your doctor appointment goes. Before you know it she'll be here. I told my husband about you the other day and how you're expecting. I told him maybe we should try for another one and he just gave me a look that would've scared anyone..LOL! Thank God I got my tubes tied otherwise I probably would be pregnant right now. We seriously were averaging a child a year..LOL! Well, hAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 09:31 AM   #5  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning!

Crystal,
Sounds like you have a busy day! Can't wait to hear about Allison!

Tracy,
Glad to see you posting again!

Well I am get things together around the house today. FLYLADY HERE I COME! LOL

Well I have gotten in 50 minutes of exercise already and 24 oz of water and I just feel great about it!

HAVE A GREAT ONE!

TTYL!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 09:37 AM   #6  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning,
The advil did the trick. My nose is stuffy though. I must be fending off some sort of bug. I don't want to be sick for Christmas...

Tracey-Thanks for starting a post for me on the FV site. I'd like to try something different, spice up the routine a bit. I just don't want to spend alot of money on something that is going to collect dust on the shelf.

Crystal-Let us know how the baby doc. appt. goes.

Jeniqua-It never fails does it? One little one has to get sick around the holidays. My littlest, Nicole, is battling a cold right now. Her eyes are finally starting to clear up and I've made it my personal mission to make sure everyone washes their hands and keeps their fingers away from their eyes. Glad your little ones fever broke.
So did you really drop out of the challenge? I noticed you still posted that you did the exercise. I'm glad your still with it. I like the motivation of the whole thing.

Well all, I gotta get Kayla out of the bathtub. We had to do an emergency "cleansing" this a.m. The little "angel" colored her lips and her eyelids with marker last night right before bed. Where in the world do they get these ideas?

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 09:43 AM   #7  

Height: 5 foot

Hello everyone! I haven't exercised of yet.. but I have the whole day ahead of me. I'm feeling very umotivated and discouraged right about now. But I'm going to keep on going. My kids had their Christmas last night because we'll be on the road more than likely for Christmas or on Christmas eve. Plus.. we didn't want to bring all of that stuff to TX.. and have to bring it back. I still have 2 gifts to get. It was fun at first.. but now it's starting to get annoying! LOL I can't find crap!! LOL Well, I got millions of things to do, like clean up, go shopping somemore, exercise, clean, and Lord knows what else. Well, gotta go, will be back later!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 09:55 AM   #8  
soontobethin

Good morning. I guess the sickies are going around, just in time for Christmas. I had to pick up eric from school yesterday because he has pink eye, and now they both have bad colds.MIL will be here sometime today for the holiday, so now I have to get this house in shape. They are talking 4-7 inches of snow here tonight and tomorrow, so hopefully my school will be called off tomorrow, and I will get an extra day of vacation. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 10:46 AM   #9  
Focus on the Process

Ricci-I thought Nicole was fine, but she woke up this morning with her eyes glued shut again. I have eyedrops from an infection that my dh had but obviously she needs something different. I'll be making a trip to the doctor today, I'm sure.

Jaymi-How come your going to TX? (don't want to be too nosy). Are ya going down to see your family? I'm so lucky that most of our family is here. It's a big enough pain in the *** to get everyone seen on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I love Christmas and all, but can't wait to get it over with. The kids get really cranky and tired from the going everywhere.

I suppose I should quit putting it off and get ready to go. Today the parents are invited to kindergarten for a Christmas activity day. The kids are going to sing some songs and they we get to decorate gingerbread men with them. We did an activity day for Halloween too. We got to decorate pumpkins with the kids. Its a nice way to get the parents involved and to see what they've all learned so far.

~chris
Old 12-21-2004, 11:41 AM   #10  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi everyone!
I'm getting around a little late today. Busy, Busy!

Chris- are you feeling better this morning? I mean not so bummed out? You worried me yesterday. I hope that you are doing better. As for the haircut, I saw a real cute one, it's semi- short and in the back, the whole back is layered and winged out like, Dang, that woman is going somewhere! It's adorable! I don't know what it's called but Ricci would know I'm sure. So maybe she could tell us. Did you ever get all the marker off you "little Angel" ? Usually, only most of it comes off!

Tracy- Hi nice to see you again. Hope those cookies are far away now! Hope you have a great day!

Penny-Hey! There you are! Hope you get all your flybys done. How are you doing on the BLC challenge? I hope it's going good for you!

Hi Ricci- hope you do that extra day of vacation. We won't have the snow, I'll check that forcast later. But it was -8 below this morning and it is still zippy outside but it's sunny...I'll take that! Do you know the name of that cut I was telling, Chris?

Jeniqua-Sounds like you had a very tiring night last night! I'm glad you are doing so good on the challenge and staying OP! Hope DD feels better soon and that you can maybe take in a nap later, if possible!

Jaymi- Don't get unmotivated now! You've been doing so good! Stay with it!
Come on get that exercise in, you'll feel better. Have a great day OP!

Crystal- hoping you have a great Dr. visit and rest of the day. Don't over do it. Tell us all how Allison is doing, we can't wait! Hope your day goes smooth and you can put your tootsies up for five minutes.

Hi to all you other moms this morning, trying to busy myself with house chores so when the little ones go down, I will be able to wrap presents down in the dungeon. TTYL

~Roxy :snf:
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 12:09 PM   #11  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all. Checking in. Went and got groceries bought, already put them away and Andrew is napping. Next I've got to get lunch ready for everyone and leave again around 1245 to get the kids dropped off.
Sounds like everyone is getting really ready for christmas. I'll get the rest of my shopping done when I get back from the doc. That way tomorow I'll hibernate all day and get everything wrapped. We're getting a MAJOR cold front tomorrow so I want to stay in doors all day.
I've got to get off now and get lunch ready. TTYL
Old 12-21-2004, 12:46 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls!!

I've completed the challenge for today and now I'm baking some cookies for dh to take to his employees. Don't worry I won't indulge (except maybe one or two )

Today I hope to drink 100 oz of water and exercise at least 30 minutes and eat OP

I hope you are all doing well!
Well I've got to go check on my cookies!
BBL
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 01:03 PM   #13  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies,

Flyby for me...

Gotta run to town and play Santa

I have to bring some gifts to my godchild, and some friends of the family and then karate this evening to exchange there

Hope you all have a great day!

TTYL
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 02:27 PM   #14  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies just got back from the doc for Bayleys 15 month. She's doing good and got her measles/mumps/chicken pocks shots today and did good. I'm always amazed at how she does because she cries for like 5 seconds and then is over it. I'm sure my next won't be as good! LOL Anyway she woke up with a snotty nose so put me in the club of sick kids. It was actually really disgusting because when I went in to get her up she was already up and it was dark and I could see there was something all over her face so I turned the light on and it was snot! So gross, pretty much from forehead to chin, she must have sneezed and wiped it around. So sorry if the was a TMI but we are all mom's here right? We've all dealt with these things! LOL

So far today I am OP, been drinking water and will get in a good long walk when Bayley wakes up from her nap. I feel really sore from my workout yesterday but that's good right? Tonight I think we are having pork chops again since I thawed out a whole bunch yesterday but didn't use them all, also some baked potatos and some kind of veggie. COuldn't get my butt to the gym today since I had Bayleys appt at 10, I guess I could have gone on the way back but she needed a nap and is once again sick so can't go into the daycare! AHHHHHHHHHHH

Penny have fun playing Santa! You sound so motivated OP right now! Good for you!!

Michelle careful with those cookies!! And send some dough over while your at it please! Good for you for getting your exercise in already! Hope you slept well last night.

Crystal glad you got your groceries bought! It's a small task but I always feel so organized when I have food bought and put away! LOL Hope your appt goes good, can't wait to hear about it.

Roxy I don't think I've ever been in negative degree weather, so crazy!! I think the coldest it ever got here was like 15 degrees and that NEVER happens. It was a fluke storm about 6 years ago. Call me crazy but I'm kind of jealous over your weather! LOL I love snow but probably only because we don't get a lot of it around here. I just want a white Christmas for once!!!

Chris too funny about Kayla!! I know it probably wasnt all that funny to you but funny for me to read! LOL I hope you got it all off. Sorry you are getting a little sick too, I thought I felt it coming on this morning but it seems to have gone away. I hope so, I hate being sick for Christmas!

Hi Ricci! I hope you get your extra day off! I know I am enjoying my days off from school. Kind of dread going back but I know it's for the best! Hope you are having a great day!!

Hi Jeniqua!! You keep your hands out of the cookies too girl!! LOL Not that I should talk, I know I wouldn't that's why I don't make them!! Hope you are having a good day, sorry about your daughter, I am in the same boat!

HI Tracy! I had a little cookie dough at my mom's house yesterday so you are not alone. However I left because I knew if I stayed it would have been more! Hope you are having a great On Plan day!

Allright well I need to fly a little, if anyone else wants to then just IM me, I'll be around. Hope you all are having great days!! TTYL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 03:40 PM   #15  
Focus on the Process

HEy ladies,
The Christmas "grumpies" still hase me a bit...I must confess I ate McDonald's. I know it was the worst thing for me, but at least it was a kid's meal. I just didn't feel like making lunch after Kayla's school program. I'm hating myself now. It seems like when I start doing good, for some reason, I sabotage the results. I could have came home and made lunch.

Well , the "angels" still have a little blue marker on their eyelids. Its kind of faded and not too noticeable. I think. I tried. You know, even those darn washable markers aren't totally washable. Nicole's nose is running like crazy and her eyes look horrible. When dh comes home, we're going to start the eye drops again. I just can't hold her down. For a two year old, she's strong.

Roxy-I don't know why, but I still feel kind of down in the dumps. I really don't know why. I just have too many stressors I guess. I got a grumpy hubby, cranky kids, bills coming out of "you know where" and not enough funds to make them all happy, a dh that's bragging about all the presents he got Tiana for Christmas and how much he spent on his wife, and NO CHILD SUPPORT check for this end. It's all just aggrevating. I'm glad now, that my doc didn't take me off my anti-depressants. I'd be a basket case for sure. ARRGGHHHH!

Jill-Sorry to hear Bayley's coming down with something. I'm glad she handles her shots well. Mine didn't mind the poke, but they all got sick afterwards and ran fevers, esp. Nicole. She doesn't tolerate the shots well at all. Kayla is a trooper. When she was younger she even giggled when they took her temperature rectally... I know, I know...I think she's a little weird too.

Michelle, Penny, Melissa, Jeniqua...HI girls! I see you've been working hard on the challenge. I'm going to try to get my exercise in today. I think I can handle it. I better do extra too, to cover that McD's boo boo.

Well gotta go...melt down in progress. Nicole pulled the head off Kayla's barbie. (its not like she doesn't have about 40 of them anyhow).

~chris