Old 12-11-2004, 04:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Default OT - tis the season..

.. to be sick apparently. I went to 2 walk in clinic's and the hospital to try and see a doctor.. nothing doing. I woke up at 3:30am, went pee, and got back into bed, and suddenly the room was spinning. This continued until, well, it's still going on if I move my head... I even called in sick, which I never do unless I'm dying or dead. I've finally settled on taking some Gravol and if this gets any worse, I'm going to have to brave the 3 hour waits to see doctors at the walk in clinic. How can an ear infection be this bad?!?! I can barely move, or function... I hate being ill, I just don't handle it too well. Stupid ear infection!! Okay, I'm about done now.. heh.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 11:10 PM   #2  
beautiful

icky. hope you get to see a doc. i went to mine yesterday and he wouldn't give me anything. i guess coughing up blood spotted mucous isn't anything to worry about.

get well soon. if you lived closer we could have a germ filled pity party!
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 12:37 AM   #3  

Shelly, I'm down for a pity party! I gotta tell yah, 6 hours of my world spinning puts a new light on just moving around, we totally take for granted. I talked to my mom and it turns out my grandma has inner ear problems and gets the same thing as I experienced, I'm hoping this is a one time thing.. it was so scary. However!! I'm trying this new positive thing, so with being completely dizzy, there is no way I've been able to eat.. so maybe my weigh in will be good tomorrow

-Aimee
Old 12-12-2004, 11:40 AM   #4  
PamPSM644

Ear infections are no joke. I know from where I speak. I had a bad one awhile back and I've had a puctured ear drum which was so painful I'll never forget it. For the infection they flushed my ear with warm water and gave me a script for amoxicillan(? spelling). Most ear infections are caused by water getting trapped in the ear after a bath or swimming.Bacteria grows and the pressure causes pain. For the pain I took large doses of Ibuprofen. Go see a doc. It doesn't get better only worse. Haven't you said you've had a cold recently?That might well be how fluid got into your ear.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 11:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Yuck. I hope you get better soon. My son is just finished his second round of antibiotics to kick an ear infection. If it's not better when we go back to the doc, he'll have to have a shot to try and clear it up.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 11:30 AM   #6  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

i felt exactly the same at about 2am on sunday morning room spinning feeling sick couldn't get up cos it hurt mind you mine was self induced :LOL:

seriously though i never get ear infections but i often get synous blockages which are really bad i often get dizzy from them cos my whole head swells up and squeezes out the blood. speaking of which i'm over due for one this year fingers crossed
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 10:30 PM   #7  

I am sick! Some person at work gave me a nasty flu/cold, or thats my own diagnosis. I started to burn a fever sometime today, and was still nicely dizzy and weak... I'm assuming it's the flu. I "assumed" I had a cold about a year and a half ago, after 6 weeks I went to the doctor to discover I had "acute bronchitis". But it went away without antibiotics, my theory is to only take drugs when I'm REALLY sick, that way they are totally effective. Plus when I took antibiotics when I got my wisdom teeth out I had a really weird reaction.

slimmingsi, thats the exact feeling I had, only it lasted for 6 hours, rather than a few minutes until you pass out Ah yes, the ol' days of drinking, I bought a car and have given up drinking just to afford it... sad really. I just tell people I'm too old for that stuff :P

Pam, I got "swimmers ear" once during my years of swimming, it was pretty painful. I learnt how to make sure to get all the water out of my ears, I never wanted to experience that. I did pretty good considering I was on some sort of swim team from age 8 until 22 and only got it once.

-Aimee
Old 12-15-2004, 07:11 PM   #8  

I'm sorry Being sick is awful. I just recently got over a cold. I hope you feel better soon.
dharmaspell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 03:36 PM   #9  

Aimee, are you feeling any better? I pity you on that spinning junk. When I am pregnant I feel that way for at least the first four months and this last time for six months. I would not wish that on anyone. I'm not clear if you are taking an antibiotic or not. Ear infections can lead to some really nasty problems if they are not treated. I would say if the symptoms last to long an antibiotic may be in order as to not cause damage to your ear. I'm not one to rush right away to the doc for medicine either. But, sometimes that stuff just is not going to go away on its own.

Sorry, I'm really behind reading some of this stuff. I hope that you are all better now, or at least, feeling a little better.

Edit: my normal typo's
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 10:26 PM   #10  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Aimee, I can think of at least 3 people on this board who have been sick and thinking it wasn't anything and it turned out to be serious, me being one of them turning out to have pneumonia. I was sick for over a month and I didn't have to feel like crap for all that time, I could have taken antibiotics and been better in a few days. You know yourself after being sick with bronchitis that what we take as being simple cold or flu can be something worse. Also DO NOT SELF DIAGNOSE!!!!! Go to the doctor please.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 01:23 AM   #11  

Jen - I went to the doctor, it was an ear infection, viral, so he couldn't really give me anything, but recommended Gravol for my nausea. I am feeling much better, except for at this moment, too much to drink on not a lot of food.. so it's self inflicted How are you feeling these days tho?

-Aimee
Old 12-20-2004, 11:15 AM   #12  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Aimee, I am so glad that you went to the dr. sorry if I came on a bit strong but as a RN it is upsetting to me that people don't seek medical attention sooner. I suppose that is a bit of the pot calling the kettle black seeing as I was sick too but in my defense I thought it was just a simple cold and I did go to the dr when the symptoms got worse. I am feeling tons better thanks. I'm still a bit sniffy but at least I can sleep lying down instead of having to put myself in an upright position with a zillion pillows so I wouldn't cough the whole night. Even with cough syrup I would cough anyway the second I laid down unless I really doped myself up with it. I love NyQuil, I bought enough of it while I was sick that I should own stock in the company!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 02:07 PM   #13  

Aimee, it's good to hear that you are feeling better. Jen, my husband has that cough also and has had it for over a month now! I keep telling him he needs to get to the doc again. His attitude is that they are not going to do anything for him which could possibly be true since he has to see a doc on the ship. Then again he could be assertive and tell the doc just what he should do for his care. That is what I do. I don't get jacked around anymore.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote