Old 12-19-2004, 06:24 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives #321 ~SUNDAY~

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 18 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 06:34 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Happy EARLY Sunday Morning

Mornin' ladies. Hope you all slept well. Let's see, I went to bed right after 1100, Andrew woke me up at 115, went right back to sleep until 415 and I've been awake since. Gotta up at about 510 because I couldn't go back to sleep. One reason, my stupid dogs kept barking and some far off dogs that were barking. But I got up alone and figured I'd have some time before Andrew got up. I slept great the night before last and was sooooo exhausted yesterday for some reason.
Today we're going to my sister's for the triple birthday whammy. Get to drive my van alot farther and I can't wait. You know, it is soo big and the hardest part is backing up and parking, but otherwise, I LOVE driving it. It's like made for me, I tell you.

Penny, I don't really do themes in any of my rooms. I get too tired of it. I'm doing colors. I had some fabric already stashed away that don't really go with Alisa and Ally's room so I'm gonna use it for the baby's room. Very girlish colors. Hot pink, soft lime green, turquoise. I think I'm painting the overall room a light aqua color and I'm making a cornice and a fabric roll shade to go in there.

So how is everyone doing? Sounds like the challenge is going well. It does sound like some of you may be losing motivation only because you're not talking about it as much so I hope everyone is still go go go.

Well, I'm gonna sit back before the kids get up and enjoy a cup of coffee and this episode of Coach. It's always soooo funny. I'll check in later.
Hope all is well.
Old 12-19-2004, 08:22 AM   #3  

Morning Crystal, hope you have a wonderful time at your sisters for all those birthday kids.

brb to post more
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 08:24 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies,

Crystal,
That sounds sooo pretty! Can't wait for your appt next week!

Well I know today is weigh in day for us......yikes!

Hope everyone has a great weigh in!

We are busy bees today so I will be back this afternoon!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 10:05 AM   #5  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning Ladies!!!

I'm here. I haven't been on this thing for over 2 days now. I have been super busy trying to get things made for Christmas. Yesterday I started on the suncatchers and painted a tote bag for Abby's helper at preschool. She is a Down Syndrome girl that comes in to help out with the kids and they just love her to death. I bought for the other 2 teachers and then remembered this one so we just made her a bag. She'll love it. She walks to school so now she can have something to carry her stuff in, and it has her name on it.

We were supposed to have family day yesterday and go get a real tree and go to lunch and then decorate the tree. Well....dh ended up working Friday night so he had to sleep yesterday. The kids are being soooo naughty about helping around here. I told them unless everyone starts pitching in and helping to get the house clean before Christmas, no one is opening anything until it is clean. They got the living room done yesterday so I put up my 3 ft. fake tree and decorated it last night. I have been doing sooooo much to get ready for the holiday that they can help with the stuff I always do.

Stocking count is at 16.5 done, 8.5 to go and I'm running out of time I have painted 7 suncatchers, 5 coffee mugs and 2 ornaments and one tote bag. I still have about 4 or 5 tote bags to paint and they have to have time to dry before I can wrap them. Boy I really hope dh lives up to his promise and lets me have atleast one day all to myself to do what I want to do while he and the kids are home for break. Dh gets off work the morning of the 22nd, the kids get out of school that afternoon and no one goes back anywhere til Jan. 3rd I'll go NUTS with all of them home that much! I'm thinking for my day out I may go to the boat and do a little blackjack...woohoo!!! May take in a movie too. I still never got to go see Ray when it was here in town.

Sorry to not get personal with everyone. Dh went to a gun show, dd is awake wanting everything, Andrew and Matthew are at their dad's having gone to his mom's last night for Christmas, Erik is still sleeping and the Chiefs play at noon. I have to load the dishwasher, get laundry going, move the suncatchers so I can paint tote bags, crochet stockings and to top it off, dd is asking for chips and cheese dip for the game so I may have to run to the store before noon and it's only 9 degrees here with a high today of 25...brrrrr!

I will try to get back here later to get personal.

Hope everyone on BLC has a great WI this morning. I know I've been MIA but I'm still thinking of all of you and rooting for those in the challenge. GO AWAY POUNDS!!!

TTYL

Last edited by Deana1113; 12-19-2004 at 10:08 AM.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 10:22 AM   #6  
2BoysMom

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.... (let's pretend Bing is singing and not me ). Just a very light dusting of snow last night. Don't think we'll be having one here either.

Roxy...-11? It was 1 this morning..that's cold enough for me. I love that I can use the garage as a refrigerator in the winter . Makes for lots more room inside. That's where I'm stashing the Christmas cookies so I'm not as tempted to eat them. They're to put together for dh's family as gifts and for the kids. I think I'll take some to work next week also.

Deana & Penny..thanks for the cards!

Still haven't started wrapping...have a few more days. Dh & I usually do a marathon wrap after the boys go to bed one night. Had to go to Toys R Us last night to get the last of the gifts. YIKES! Everyone and their brother was there . Glad to be finally done shopping.

Crystal..congrats on the van. I love my Expedition, but have the same issues with backing up/parking. I don't know where the truck starts and ends. Love the V8 too.

Well, suppose I should get going and get something accomplished. I would love to be lazy today, but that is NOT an option.

Hi to everyone else out there! Tomorrow is Tony's Dr appt and then I'll pop into work with the boys since the Dr's office is right there. Tomorrow night is TOPS xmas party, Tues I work, Wed is last minute stuff/clean house, Thurs morning I work, pm is getting all food prepped that I can for my family coming over. Fri is Christmas Eve!! Have a great week everyone!!! I'll be back sometime in between.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 02:04 PM   #7  
Jeniqua

hello everyone!! Yesterday was so hetic for me. I am so glad to be staying home and relaxing. I am back OP today. So far I have drank 48 0z of water. My goal is to drink 100 oz of water today. My dd is sick and running a fever. My husband is going back on the road tonight. I really hate only having 1 car. I worry about her because she's had soo many things and you just can't be too cautious with her. I will just be praying that she'll be okay. I am really excited about this week on the BLC! I have to work really hard because Christmas day I can't make any promises of staying OP. I feel as long as I don't over eat I should be ok.

I don't have a scale but my sister brought me one for Christmas(I told her I wanted the digital one). I have to go to my friends today and get my picture taken for week #2. I really don't know what to expect but I know I did great until yesterday. I guess I shall see. Hope everyone is still doing great! Let's make this last week before Christmas ROCK!! WE CAN DO IT!!

Deana~ Whew!! I am tierd just from reading your post. There is not enough time in the day, where do you find the time to do all that??? The tote bag sounds really nice.

Penny~ Enjoy your day!!

Crystal~ Enjoy your outing with your family and your new van. It sounds really nice.

Melissa~ I love your new picture!! Hope you're having a great day!!

Well I better go get some more water in and some exercise but I will be back later. All you other ladies, have a wonderful OP day!!! We can do it!!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 04:14 PM   #8  

Just a quicky post. TOday was not a good OP day. I ate that darn McD's with the kids. Double cheesburger and fries...NO soda. Disgusting! I feel Yucky! I hope I do ok the rest of the day! Treadmill and crunches are calling!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 05:18 PM   #9  

Height: 5 foot

Hello everyone! My head is throbbing.. so I'm about to go get back in the bed. I was hoping getting off of my birth control would help with my PMS.. but so far it's not. I will try to post my pics later.. They look the same... YUCKY!! LOL Talk with you all later
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 06:32 PM   #10  
I'm a homeschool mama

Wow, not many posts at all, even for Sunday.

Jaymi, so sorry about the PMS and headache. Just hang in there, remember it doesn't last forever.

Mel, sorry you gave in, but sometimes it takes giving in once to get back on track. At least you know you're still normal. Don't let this get you down.

Jeniqua, we had a great time out in the van. Great comfort. Hope all is well with you.

Hello to all you other desperate housewives, speaking of, don't forget it comes on tonight, I'm assuming, I haven't checked the guide.

Well, I enjoyed getting out today. I put 100 miles on my van. Going to and from sis's house. It was the most enjoyable trip ever. No fights, no tattling, nothing. In fact, they watched tv the whole time and of course Andrew slept. It was the quietest trip to sis's ever. Driving it is nice. I don't mean to go on and on.
I'm really tired today from not sleeping well last night. I just got home at 500, so we're having some small fin for yourself dinner. Then I can sit down and relax with Desperate Housewives and Boston Legal.
I've got to get something cooked up for dinner so I'll check back later.
Hope all is well.
Old 12-19-2004, 07:33 PM   #11  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Crystal-The colors for baby's room sound adorable. I'm not much of a theme person either. I like colors... Glad you had fun in you van today. I'm still dreaming for the day when I can go somewhere without the yelling, tattling, crying, and the "are we there yet?"

Jaymi-Sorry you're not feeling so hot. So is your headache a migraine? Both of my sister's get frequent headaches when it is close to TOM. One gets migraines so bad she writes down her phone number and her name when she feels one coming on or see the weird stuff with her eyes and tells someone to call home for her. She's kind of scary when she has them. She gets all disoriented, and her speech gets weird...etc. After a few hours of laying down and then vomiting, she's fine. This usually goes away after TOM is gone.

Melissa-I hate McD's! I go in there with the best of intentions and walk out feeling like I lost it all. You get in there and all the self-control goes out the window. I've been avoiding McD's like the plague, except for that fruit & yogurt parfait. It's pretty filling and is only 3 WW flexpoints. If I'm craving fast food, I've been hitting Wendy's and getting a baked potato and a small chili. Sometimes those fries cal my name though...

Deana-Can you make me a stocking too? HUH? HUH? HUH? OKay, I can see that you're not going to do that...OH well (slightly dejected) I'll have to use my old one. Darn it! Through all the crocheting, are you able to keep up with curves?

Jeniqua-Howdy fellow BLCer? Hope you did good! I did better than I thought. I should know better than to check the scale mid-week. I get depressed when I don't see those numbers being down. I'm in your "water" club today. I've been drinking the stuff like crazy. I also got in a 60 min. walk around the high school track down the road. I got in 10 laps and then the walk home. It felt SOOOO good!

Geri-Are you singing today too? I'm dreaming of a white christmas too...(Michelle is getting all the snow-she is in the upper-west corner of Montana and I'm down in the middle towards the bottom). She's just not sending any snow down my way.

Well I better get back to fixing some dinner for my family. I did get my Christmas sugar cookies baked with a little help from Kayla. Maybe tomorrow we'll frost them.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 10:57 PM   #12  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Chris,
Congrats on the exercise today! You are doing so awesome and I am soooo proud of you!

Jaymi,
I am sorry you aren't feeling well today. I know I get migraines that shoot my whole world down. Hope you feel better soon!

Crystal,
I bet you did have a great trip to sil's! How is the baby doing? Getting big I bet!

Mel,
Call me if you need to chat... Kind of like a AA support group! I am with ya girlie... I ate horribly today and I gotta get myself together so I don't gain this week.... It is the week of Christmas!!!

Jeniqua,
When do you get your scale? On Christmas day? I am with you on the water... I need to flush out this fat and fluid so I will be going you on 100oz a day! That is my plan for this week...

Deana,
I must be rubbing off on you! You sound like a busy little bee! Hope all the running around is helping with the scale!

Well as for me, I just got in 30 minutes of exercise.... Wish it could have been more but always better than nothing!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 11:58 PM   #13  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Good job too, Penny! 30 min. is better than nothing. I'm going to try to stay motivated because I'm going to have to make this my "new" life for the rest of my life. Exercise is always going to have to be a part of me now and eating better too. I DON'T want to go back to this AGAIN! That's my motivation. I don't want to be the Biggest Loser, I just want to be the best I can be.
I am soo glad that I have all you gals to keep me motivated. It really really does help. Esp. when I'm having a down day and wanting to give up and quit. Thanks tons to all of you.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 03:25 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

New thread see ya there
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote