Old 12-10-2004, 12:10 AM   #1  
missaprylj

Wink OT: Contact-Catastrophy

Attention all contact lense wearers/if you have kids who wear contacts:

Remind them tonight to make SURE THEY TAKE THE CONTACTS OUT!

I forgot a contact in my eye last night and I have never been more uncomfortable in my life. Finally at 4 o'clock we broke down and went to the doctor....

FIFTY BUCKS for eye-drops! It's so swollen and pink and nasty though, that I would've paid my life savings to clear it up. I hope it's better in the morning!

Don't even *ask* how I left one contact in and took one out.

T.G. it's almost F.
Old 12-10-2004, 12:15 AM   #2  
Crazy Canuck

But, but...I NEED to ask how you managed to take one out and leave the other one in!

Glad to see you back kiddo - a MIA notice was put out on you the other day! I know, I know, you're busy with school, being a teenager and concentrating on getting "all growed up", but we old folks missed you!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 08:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

It's nice to hear from you again Apryl. My daughter is wearing glasses now that she's expecting. She falll asleep with her glasses on all the time. I'll be sure to let her know not to ever do what with contacts. I hope your eye feels better soon.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 09:46 AM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hi there!!! So glad to see you!!! I've missed you!!!

Sorry about the contact mess. My 12 year old nephew just got contacts, I will pass the word.

Sorry, I have to know too. How did you manage to forget one eye???
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 09:59 AM   #5  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hope your eye feels better soon Apryl. Glad you're back.

Take care
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 10:06 AM   #6  
PamPSM644

I wore contacts at one time but after a couple instances like you described I desided glasses were for me. There are so many stylish frames for glasses now and some that are almost transparent. I think they are cheaper in the long run to..
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 10:12 AM   #7  
Abby's Mommy

OMG Apryl! I hope you're better this morning! Glad to see you back!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 03:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

WB. Sorry to hear about the contacts though.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 03:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

oh goodness apryl, that's terrible! I remember once mine broke off into pieces IN my eye... the day I was leaving for Spain for two weeks.. I had to haul butt over to the eyedoctor and he had to put novicaine drops to prod it out! he said he had never seen it get so stuck.

hope your eye feels better!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 09:34 PM   #10  
beautiful

back when i was in high school, before they had the new contacts i could only wear 1 contact in my left eye because my right eye is so weird. i used to sleep in my little lonesome left eye contact all the time. i never had problems unless you count it falling out of my eye while i was at work. LOL
but i have a cousin who used to sleep in hers and it was really bad on her eyes.
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 11:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Sounds like it hurts! Good advice for everyone, Apryl. I got a scratched cornea from wearing my contacts too long last July. It was pretty painful.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 01:01 AM   #12  
missaprylj

Yeah, it's rough! Ahhh it hurts!!

Thanks everyone....

Well, if you must know:

I'm sure it's not as exciting as you hoped, but what happened was that I took out my left contact first, so I thought I had already taken out my right one. You see, I always take out the right first. Who knew? Anyway, it hurts like.... yeah.

Contacts are fantastic, I love love love love them, but I'll be DARNED if I ever forget one in again! Have a good weekend ya'll.
Old 12-11-2004, 10:38 AM   #13  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Your vision must be pretty good then because I couldn't even imagine thinking that the contact was out and not going, "but I have pefect vision in that eye!"

After a night of partying (several years ago), I woke up in the middle of the night and tried to take my contacts out. Those darn things just wouldn't come out. I tried and I tried and I started to freak out. Then, I took a deep breath and prepared myself for another round when i glanced at my contact lens case. And it already had my contacts in it. In my drunkeness, I had already taken my contacts out and gone to bed. (obviously, i was still not thinking straight).
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 02:21 AM   #14  
missaprylj

Old 12-19-2004, 12:42 AM   #15  

Oh Apryl, I have a contact story also. One morning, years ago, I got up early one morning to get ready for classes at the university and as always I put my contacts in. I lived in a small apartment and the sink in the bathroom did not have one of those thingys that catch stuff before the drain. So, I always had to put an article of clothing in the sink just in case I dropped a contact it would not go down the drain. My one eye just seemed raw and my vision was blurry but I did not think much of it. Then I was sitting in class and was sure that my contact was stuck in the back of my eye! I poked and prodded and made my eye a mess. I finally got smart and saw the eye doctor. Well, I paid 50 bucks for him to tell me that there was not a contact in that eye. I go home and on top of the article of clothing in the sink was my right contact lense all crusty and dry. Hehehe...Aren't we just goofy.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote