South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 01:18 PM   #1  

Default Living Off Ricotta--Is this a problem?

Hi everyone,

I just now started getting really serious about sticking to phase 1. I've been eating A LOT of ricotta cheese though....because It doesn't put a limit on ricotta on the "phase list" and I like it. I haven't been stuffing myself or anythying, but I am eating a lot of this cheese! I was wondering if this is going to be a problem for my weight loss?
Old 12-18-2004, 01:23 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

How much is "a lot"? Usually people have one serving a day which is a half cup. It is high in calories so could affect your rate of loss.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:37 PM   #3  

Darn! Well, ummm....I had a carton that had 15 servings, and demolished it over the course of 2 days. I was eating a lot because its so convenient, and yummy. I guess I better limit it. Is the use of olive oil unrestricted, or should I be measuring it for my salads?
Old 12-18-2004, 03:27 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, if you intend to lose weight, you do have to check out serving sizes. A half cup of ricotta which is a serving is 170 calories and 10 grams of fat. The container serving size may be smaller but still.......

Calories do count so I would measure olive oil on salads - a Tablespoon has 119 calories and 14 grams of fat. You might consider signing up for www.fitday.com (free) and checking out foods there.
Closed Thread