Old 12-17-2004, 08:20 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives #319 ~TGIF!!!~

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 18 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 08:28 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Good morning ladies

Happy Friday Ladies. I slept okay. From 1030 to 300 in my bed then with Andrew from around 345 to 700. Not terribly horrible.
How is everyone doing on the challenge? The first week is usually the easiest because there's so much motivation, then as the weeks go on you lose some. I hope none of you ladies do that.

Jaymi, sorry about TOM hitting so hard. Maybe today won't be so bad.

I have a few things to do today, but I'm really wanting to drive my van so I'm thinking of places to go. Think I'll go show mom at work. I do have to go to Walmart too. But we need to do that spelling and math test as well.
Sunday I have a triple birthday party at my sister's. Let's see...
Stewart will be 3 on the 19th
Leah will be 5 on the 24th
Lauren will be 10 on the 27th.
So we're having one party for all of them.
Andrew does seem to be feeling better. Okay I've got to wake up dh and get the kids some cereal before I can figure what we're doing today. Hope everyone has the best day yet. TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 09:14 AM   #3  

Default The weight is melting off this week, and I know it's not water!

Crystal, Cool about the new van. Glad you got a half way decent sleep and glad Andrew is feeling better as well. Have fun driving around today! Wow triple bday party, that's fun!

Good morning All! I have more exciting news for you! The scale says 201.6 this morning. Can you believe it!!! I said to dh, non of you are going to believe it. We just started our challange and I finally lose some weight. I'm thrilled though. 1.8 to get out of the 200's forever!!! That was my goal by xmas. I hope I make it! I don't want to jinx myself ...if ya know what I mean.

How is everyone today? Hmm, I think we have lundges today, which is going to be tough, but I'll do it. It's not that it's too many for me, but I did them with my foot up on a bench yesterday and training and I'm already sore. Good luck OP and with the challange today girls.

Here's a pic of me last night...Btw, it looks like my head is on wrong...lol....dh didn't tell me my shirt was twisted a bit, so the V-neck is off center. We had a nice time last night.

melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 09:33 AM   #4  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Mel-You look great!!!! Congrats on the weight loss. I'm crossing my fingers for you to get to ONEderland before Christmas. Way to go girl!

Crystal-Good morning! Sounds like you have a busy day. I only have one birthday to deal with in December and that is my little nephew, Kyle. He'll be 3 years old on Christmas Day. He's our Christmas baby. The family's big birthday month is April. Just when we get recovered from Christmas, I have 8 birthdays and 1 anniversary to deal with in April. Yikes! Congrats on the van. I'm glad you got to get something that will fit everyone.

Well I have to go. The morning melt-down is underway. Kayla and Nicole are fighting. Nicole came home from my sister's yesterday with her eye weeping and this morning...It's pink eye!!!! Thank goodness that I still have some eye drops left from my eyes. And yes, I'm careful about the tip. I never touched my eye with it and I'm not touching hers with it either. Hey what's the Christmas season without some sort of illness..

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 09:58 AM   #5  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good morning Ladies!

I woke up feeling kinda peppy, did my workout. I still can't get through that one completely, Abs kill me! Celine caught me at it and told me to stop copycatting! See those girls aren't used to me doing that, it's walking, intense gardening or extreme cleaning! I am such a slug! I need to find an easier workout maybe for beginners, doesn't WATP have an easy one?I fell the other day while I was walking (icy) now I'm gun shy!
Maybe someone can make a recommendation. However, I am happy to report that I am down 3#s and now have officially lost my first 20#! Of course I don't want to just lose weight, I want to be fitter too.

Crystal- congratulations on the new van, it sounds so wonderful! Vans are easier to get them all strapped in too. What color is it? I'm glad that Andrew is feeling better, right in time for the triple whammy birthday party! Have fun cruisin' around in your new ride today!

Mel- Whoa! There's no stopping you now! FANTASTIC!!!!! You will be under by Christmas! What a great present for yourself! You look sooo great already!
Love the latest pic! Wearing that new makeup too, you rascal! LOOKIN' GOOD!

Chris! Pinkeye! Ugh! It is soo contagious around here! Oh well, at least it will be gone before Christmas, so it won't be in the pictures! What are you up to today?

Good morning to all of you other moms, I'll pop in after my shower and well talk some more then. GO CHALLENGERS!
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 10:23 AM   #6  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Hi ladies!

Mel - congrats on the loss!! I'd say it's doable to be under by Christmas! What a nice present! And you look LOVELY!

Crystal - congrats on the van! I'm campaigning for a bigger vehicle, but we can't afford it now. But I'm tired off stuffing the family into my little Mazda.

Roxy - it does take a while to build up that core strength. Remember, the goal is to work your muscles to fatigue - so if you can't get through the whole routine, you're still doing what you need to be doing.

Okay, I did my 35 mins of cardio (DS was pissy, wouldn't let me continue, but that's okay) and later we're going to mall-walk when Dh gets off work. Supposedly, one of the malls here has Rudolph. Thought DD would get a kick out of that.

I weighed in this morning, and started a chart in my body journal. The doughnuts are in the trash, and I think we took care of the rest of the junk. I'm feeling pretty gung ho. Thanks to ya'll!!

Jaymi - I grew up in North Carolina - moved just South of the border after getting married seven years ago. The last time I was at Pawley's, we visited Alice Flagg's grave (supposedly haunted) and did the thing where you walk backwards around her grave with your left hand over it, to see if she'll pull on your wedding ring - do you know what I'm talking about?

Okay, I'm getting cold, time to shower off my sweat. BBL!
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 10:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!!!

Mel, You look fabulous!!!!! I'm so darn proud of you sweetie, you deserve it!!! Woo Hooooo!!

Chris sorry about the pink eye, we were getting that here awhile ago and just kept passing it back and forth it sucked!

Roxy Way to go on the 3 lbs down!! Woo hoo 20 lbs gone forever!!! Keep it up, and no reason to be shy on the workouts, who cares if you look silly, you are doing it for your health!!!

So what kind of exercise does everyone have planned for today? I plan on playing DDR a little later and working up a sweat! I gotta do my lunges too!

Whats on your menu today?
Heres my menu:
Breakfast: Honey bunches of oats cereal and skim milk
snack: orange
Lunch: Healthy Choice or Lean Cuisine
snack: pear
Dinner: Lean Cuisine
snack: 1/2 grapefruit

and my goal is to drink 100 oz of water again!!

What are your daily goals for today regaurding your journey?

Tracy way to go on getting in your 35 minutes!! Thats wonderful!!

Well I've got some stuff to do so I better get moving. I hope you all have a great day!
Love to all!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 11:12 AM   #8  

Chris, Yuk, about the pink Eye ...and the kids fighting. Makes ya a bit crazy when they fight doesn't it. Par for the course though. My db and I faught like crazy and we are so close now. Thanks for the Congrats and the compliments.

Roxy, Congrats on the 3 pounds down. You go girl!!! WOTP is great they have a 15minutes 30 minute 45 and 1 hour videos. Thanks for the compliments. BTW, I'm not using the new makeup. Just the same one I always use. Gave myself a little facial yesterday though. Good luck with the workout!

Tracy, it's good that you got rid of the junk, but don't eliminate it forever. Train yourself to eat it the right way. It's not easy, but I'm finally, NOT craving the sugar nearly as much. Working to hard to mess it up. Thanks for the compliments!

Michelle, Looks like a great menu for today! Thanks for the compliments. I'm so thrilled that the darn scale is cooperating with me. I am going to do lunges today and maybe walk later on. I'll see how it goes. Not much sleep and we got in so late. Want to take a nap. I'll get it in though. You know it!! So sore in my hips from yesterdays lunges though. Ughhhh!
Old 12-17-2004, 11:18 AM   #9  
Focus on the Process

Okay back again. I just can't stay away...

What's up today?
I think it will be cleaning and hanging around the house. I was going to venture over to my sister's house but I'm not going to give her kids pink eye. Oh well, I'll just get some stuff done around here.

My menu?
Breakfast: 1 1/2 c. Rice Chex and 1 c. skim milk
Lunch: Chili
Snack: Either an orange or an apple with maybe a little cottage cheese on the side
Dinner: ??????
No snacks afterwards...I'm just not a after dinner snacker.

My goals for today are to get more water down my throat, do those 75 lunges, and get 456 min. of cardio in. I'm not going to go overboard and push it too much. I was thinking that if I start out too hard, I'll burn out and then really do a backswing and be worse off with my weight and my health.

Roxy-WTG...I've been doing WW since May and have only lost 20 lbs. It's discouraging for me. Sometimes I do feel like giving up. But you are doing awesome. I'm like you...hate to let anyone see me exercising. I feel like an elephant trying to do ballet. I have absolutely no coordination. I do have the WATP tapes and I love them. They are easier steps to do but I know I'm sweating and feeling it when I"m done.

Tracey-You are making a great start! Kill those donuts... I work around candy 2 days a week. Imagine the temptation there. Sometimes the candy wins.

Well Nicole is heisting all Tiana's gum from her bedroom. Time to put a little STOP to that one. I still think I should be super-model thin just from chasing after her all day. LIFE IS SO UNFAIR!!!!

~chris
Old 12-17-2004, 11:20 AM   #10  
Focus on the Process

Dang it...here I go again with the typos...

I meant 45 mins of cardio, not 456...My gosh, I'd be dead!!!!

~chris
Old 12-17-2004, 11:22 AM   #11  

Chris, have fun at your sisters. BTW, 456 minutes beats us all .........LOL.. You put 456minutes of exercise! Hope you have a better day! Luv ya girl. Your doing GREAT!!! I'm so proud of all your exercise.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:42 AM   #12  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi again!

Sorry Mel for the makeup mix-up! Jilly got the new mineral makeup right? OOOOh look at the new smilies! How cute! Go for the burn with the lunges! OOH! They do burn! I don't know how you do it!

Michelle- It's not only lookin' silly...I try to workout when they sleep...so I can get through it without having to stop and feed their every whim. I know getting healthy is the most important! Top priority! Menu looks good today, be right over!

here's mine for today:
B-scrambled eggs, 1/4 oz. shredded ch.cheese, 2 T.sf salsa
sf-drink.

L-tuna-l/c mayo-lettuce -l/c wrap

s- squash, eggs and prob. small apple slices

I'm out of treats of anykind, like diet soda, or sf candy. So today is a day of penance! Will drink lots of water and be busy. Oddly enough, I really am not hungry, usually, just craving sometimes a sweetie.

Tracy- Glad you are motivated, these ladies are keeping me on track and motivated too! Aunt Flagg sound like some kinda ghost...Hey, pull on my finger! Did she pull on yours?

I better get on the move again...

Oh btw- DH told me when (not if) I get down to goal, I get a new wardrobe. That's actually funny, cause if I lose all that weight I wouldn't have anything to waer anyway. But it was sweet of him to say so!

~Roxy :snf:
Old 12-17-2004, 11:59 AM   #13  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi Chris!
Thanks for the nice words! Wtg on the workout! Great job staying on track. Actually those typos are kinda funny, and if being over-weight doesn't kill you that one would!

Hey Deana are you lurking inbetween crocheting? I bet you are really busy today too!

Okay Jilly, Kristin, Geri, Penny,Cindi,Spryng, Ricci, and all you others where are you today? Hope you are all having a great day too!

~Roxy :snf:
Old 12-17-2004, 12:09 PM   #14  

Roxy, no need to apologize about the makeup. You were just complimenting anyway. About the lunges. I do them like this.. WHen you lunge, you foot should be even with the bend in your knee. That shows you that your legs are far enough apart. I do it till my knee touches the ground. I am able to now after doing it for so many weeks. But Two weeks ago, I still couldn't get that far down. I also push off the foot on the way up and balance on the other foot for 3 seconds and then go down again. UGhh. They DO BURN! Burn baby burn!
Old 12-17-2004, 12:43 PM   #15  
Focus on the Process

Okay I'm back again...and again...

Roxy-How's it going? My typing is going to get me sooner or later.... You sound like your doing really good. My problem is the little ones while I'm trying to exercise too. I stop and start and go up the stairs and walk in place while I'm getting whatever it is...and go back and hit click off the "pause" button. It is a little annoyance I guess we get to deal with. I so wish I could afford to go "somewhere" and then have someone to watch my little tots so I could get a really GOOD workout in. Most days are okay but today, Nicole is out of sorts and really whiny. I'm going to have to try to get something in the line of exercise in sometime today. Maybe this afternoon will be better for her.

Mel-Can you just see me doing 456 min....Just call me wonder woman... At least I got the lunges in for today. I'm staying op with my eating but haven't gotten enough water in me yet. I wish this weight would go away. I keep getting "stuck" on the same number. It's like no matter what I do, my body just does not want to budge off this plateau. I've been stuck on 203 for over a month now. Spending the money on WW seems like a big giant waste.

If I could get past this HUGE HUMP in my program, I think I'd feel better and more optimistic but I can really feel my motivation dropping off. Why is this stuff so hard? I know it didn't come on overnight but I'm seeing everyone making progress and lately here it's been...ZIP, ZERO, NOTHING, NADA! I want an instruction book that just details my whole program, where there is nothing left to chance, and I wouldn't have to think, just do...and then see results. I can't follow what I don't know. And I feel like I don't know anymore. HELP! Anybody got any suggestions...??????

~chris