Old 12-16-2004, 07:26 AM   #1  

Thumbs up Desperate Housewives # 318 Thursday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 18 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 07:31 AM   #2  

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!! I have exciting news....me and my new best friend (the scale) have an announcement to make. I am obsessed ya know. I was 202.2 this morning. You don't know how thrilled I am. Jill, was right, maybe I wasn't eating enough. THe last few days I've been just picking here and there and BOOM the weight comes off. Geez! Lets see if it keeps on movin' down for Sunday. I can't wait to see what happens. Today is gym day of killer workout 2 for the week. I've already done 150 crunches this morning, so that when I get to the gym, it's a full workout in addition to the challange. Ya know I only got 2 points yesterday. lol.... I have to keep up, since everyone is doing so well.

ANyway, I hope everyone is doing well. Spryng, LEigh, Geri thinkin of you all even though you haven't posted lately.

I'll check in later to see how everyone is.

Penny, how's the scale lookin for you? I have a crazy day today, but maybe I'll catch up with you later.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:55 AM   #3  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Hi Melissa, hi gang! I'm reading Dr. Phil's book, and I like it so far - I'm reading the third key - a No-Fair environment - and my environment is a big problem - especially with Christmas upon us. One of my neighbors is bringing donuts this morning. Her son had to sell them for school - profits going to buy new books for his classroom, and today's delivery day. This Sunday, I'm taking the kids to mom's to help her bake cookies (my mom, bless her, always triggers me to eat), and then it's downhill from there. Maybe just being more conscious of what I'm eating will help this year, but I can't tell you how impressed I am with all of you.

I am going to work out after breakfast settles - an interval aerobic tape and some upper body strength. I'm also going to go put a jug of water together. I'll BBL - have a great day!

Was it Jaymi who co-sleeps with her little one? I do too - no hair sucking as of yet, but I do wake up occasionally with a finger in my nose!
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 08:04 AM   #4  

Morning TRacy. Yes, it was Jaymi who mentioned about the hair yesterday.lol LOL about the finger in your nose. I must say that when my dd slept in our bed I never had either of those experiences. Thank goodness. kicking and feet on my face, but no fingers in the nose...lol have a great day and think of us when approched by donuts and cookies..
Old 12-16-2004, 08:05 AM   #5  

Height: 5 foot

Hello everyone! Tracy.. I'm in Pawleys Island.. "South Cackilakey! LMAO!!" My dh says that all the time! My heart is in TX though. That's where I always represent! LOL

Mel... good luck on your workout today! I exercise more when I'm upset... and TOM is making everything offensive and blowing even the little things out of proportion. Then it started and then went away!! I'd worry... but since my breast aren't throbbing... I'm not worried about it. It's probably just stress.

I have been peeing since early yesterday! Darn that water! I can't drink 100 oz of ANYTHING! Maybe I should try to drink more everyday... it has to be better for my health! The only time I drink water if when I'm exercise. When I go through my backsliding stages I never drink it.

Well today I want to get some shopping done. There was ice everywhere this morning... 28 degrees is pretty cold out here! I'm not used to this... In TX... it's usually still warm.. or maybe in the 50's. But I hear that it's in the 30's out there right now so... who knows! This weather! I'm just glad it doesnt snow! Well I'm about to go call my dh and discuss going shopping, and hopefully he doesnt ruin the rest of my week for me. Or I'll be adding some more of that treadmill to my workout!! LOL Talk with you all later! I'll be back to update!

Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 08:08 AM   #6  

Tracy, if youdon't mind...what are your stats? how much weight are you trying to lose? How long have you been working at it?
Old 12-16-2004, 08:25 AM   #7  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Good morning Ladies

Well, I didn't sleep great but I was more comfy. Dh got in Andrew's bed when Andrew woke up and wanted me and Andrew to sleep in our bed. That way everyone was comfy. But Andrew still didn't sleep wonderfully. He's really stuffy. But I do think he's getting better as our weather is getting alittle better.

Jaymi, yes it's been COLD here but beautiful. Mostly cold in the night times, the days have been hitting the 50's. But they're talking about another MAJOR cold front, worse than this one coming in next week. When are you coming? What part of Texas are you from I forgot? WTG on the workouts and the water.

Mel, WOOHOO!!! on those pounds gone. That is GREAT. I'm so happy it's finally all paying off.

Deana, thanks for the van talk. Anything I can share with dh in a good way is good. But I do think I'm going to get it today. Just have to pick the color.

As I just told Deana, I do think I'm getting that new van today. Dh asked a few questions and made a few statements in the since of knowing that's what we should do. Even asked what color. So I'm just gonna call my dealer this morning and choose a color and ask if I can go get it later. He's about an hour from me. Right down the road from my sis so I'll have to stop and let her see it too. I'll let you all know.
I must have slept better last night or maybe just excited about the new van, I'm ready to get moving and make breakfast and get cleaned up. I'll check in later. Hope you all have a GREAT day.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 08:53 AM   #8  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good Morning Ladies!

Slept pretty good last night but I was us late playing solitare on the puter. I know, there's more exciting games out there, but I just had to unwind.

Mel- YAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!! Mel! No stopping ya now! 2.8 more Lbs. and you will win a trip to oneunderland!!!! All expenses paid and hard earned! I'm so very proud of you, you deserve it!

Tracy- Hey, stick those donuts in the freezer and dole ' em out to DH for his lunch. Do you like Dr. Phil's book? I've been meaning to pick that up and read it, to see if there's anything in there for me. I find...and I think this is true for so many...One plan isn't always the right answer. Gleaning the best from many different plans is often the key. What is mainly come down to it what you put into your mouth and how you work it off.

Jaymi- I was very impressed with your pics, and might I add you are very pretty too, you have come along way. Slid back a bit and now it WILL come off for good! What were your stats with those three shots? You know sometimes it helps when we can see those numbers. I still think I'm way thinner, in my mind, than I am. I am also way younger, in my mind, than I really am. I'm so deluded.....well we all have our little fantasies! Wtg on the exercise! You are doing great...but drink that water! I slice fresh lemons and stick them in the freezer and that helps me get it them down!

Crystal- when you were last posting yesterday the thought did cross my mind about you being in the hospital, or getting your new vehicle. So glad the new van is coming! What color are you getting? So good that yu got some quality rest last night too. Hope Andrew is feeling better soon!

Gotta scoot my Mom wants to talk, can't leave Mom waiting!ttyl
~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 09:36 AM   #9  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Just a flyby before work...

Deana-We have a covered patio too...so you anyone we store outside will be "freeze-dried"

Okay I have to work today and be a "good" girl around the candy. Saw a slight increase in the scale, I need to bring that down before Sunday so I can weigh in. No diet pop either. I definitely don't need the extra salt. Good luck on the challenge today ladies. I'll check back after I get home tonight.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 10:41 AM   #10  
**Kristin**

hi gals - flyby! I am going to dh's grandmas again this afternoon. Right now I gotta get on that laundry, wrapping presents (we have a christmas this sunday to go to) and picking up my house. I also work tonight, blech. I don't want to work, I have way too many things going on now!
One real quick personal:
MEL - WHO-HOO! I am so excited for you! You are going to be melting ! Way to go, your hard work is so worth it Pat on the back to you!

TO the rest of your DH's (not the husbands, the housewives) LOL! Have a great OP day, I am going to get my butt in gear and get some serious stuff done around here..and squeeze in some exercise hopefuly when I get back from grandmas before work! TTYL!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 11:37 AM   #11  
Jeniqua

A quick fly by for me too! I have 7 kids here today ages 2 and under!! I just wanted to say hello! I have drank 24 oz of water today so far. I am staying OP. I started holding my stomach in during the day whenever I think about it. It really helps to shrink your stomach. I think I have finally gotten over the tough days. Dieting seems to becoming easier. I am back in the swing for exercising too, so that helps. Well I will be back later...

MEL~ Way to go with your weight loss!! You're doing awesome!! YAY!!!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 11:48 AM   #12  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Hi again - Mel, here are my stats - 186, highest (following birth of DS)/177 current/145 goal. My struggle with weight issues began at puberty. DS was born in August '03, but he had a rough first year and I coped with food. I've been exercising since Summer of '02, and that's done wonders for my blood pressure and my overall state of health. But I'm worried about my eating habits leading to diabetes and other problems. I'm 5'6", 32 years old.

I need to go to Ticker Factory and get one of those neat thingies.

Jaymi!! Pawley's Island!! You DOG!! How long have you been there?

The donuts have not arrived yet, and they're all I can think about. But thanks for the suggestions!! Roxy - I like Phil's book - but I really hated giving that man any more money.

I'll BBL!
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 12:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Tracy my dear, 3fc now has their own tickers you can just click on the one in my signature and it will take you to the page to make one

Good Morning Girls!!

I hope you all have a great day! This is just a flyby for me too, I have some stuff to do for school, my last week for these first two classes then I start my next two next week. I'm very tired because Taylor woke everyone up at 5 am! It sucked!! Okay enough whining from me!! I'll be back in a bit for a better post.

Love to all!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 12:49 PM   #14  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi ladies...inbetween stuff...

Everyone is getting into high gear, getting ready for Christmas. My DS#2 away for school, will be coming back on Sat. afternoon.
OOh! I almost forgot! DS #1's, (middle of pic) college prof. called me yesterday, kind of an informal p-t meeting. Called my son an exceptional artist and that he had an excellent eye. Told me that in a class of about 50 he is the top 3rd artist! That's with a transfer student from a fine arts school too. Let me tell you I was floored! He also said he should have no problem getting a job in that field. I hope so!!!!!When some of his artwork floats back home, I'll try and put it on for you to see. Yes, I will put myself up too. I am very nervous about that. Well thats kinda all the new news I have for now ...hmmm...still folding whites. I hatessses them! Hatesses them foreverrrrr! (that will have to do for my Gollum smilie)

Jeniqua-sounds like you have your hands full! Good for the water and excercise! Keep going!

Tracy- well, that's not too far from goal for you, good! Btw- don't bother going to ticker factory for your ticker. 3fc is having their own tickers made. Some of us already are using them through Michelle, but we can't use them permanently until they have finish testing them. They will let us know. It was because it was taking too long to load up the boards and causing problems.

Hi Kristin.Chris and Crystal! Hope everyone is having a productive day!BBL

~Roxy
Old 12-16-2004, 12:51 PM   #15  
a.k.a. Roxy

Dang always beat to the post!!!

Hi Michelle!