Old 12-03-2004, 08:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default Non Scale Victories for December

Thought I'd start this wonderful thread. I love reading about those NSVs!

While this isn't really an NSV, it was kind of interesting to me. I was in the grocery store checkout near the tabloids when the guy in front of me started commenting (to me) about the photos of very heavy women in swimsuits on the tabloid cover. His comments weren't particularly nasty, but the fact that he was commenting to me was what got to me. I thought to myself, why would you start talking to an obese person like me about these other obese people? It's just not very nice. Then he mentioned that he was 30 pounds overweight so maybe he shouldn't talk (he actually looked more like 50 lbs. overweight, and, no, he shouldn't talk no matter what he weighs), and I started to think, hey, I'm now about 15 lbs. overweight, and maybe he doesn't see me as an obese person. Kind of a moment where I realized that my body image probably has not caught up with my weight loss.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 11:19 PM   #2  
beautiful

you should have looked at him and told him that you've lost almost 100 pounds! LOL i bet the look on his face would have been priceless.

i mentioned mine in another thread. i bought a 22-24 shirt the other day and i really should have gotten an 18-20 because of all the room i have in it.
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 12:48 PM   #3  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

Hey Chicks,

Here's my NSV for the month. Today I did not want to walk. Did not. I got up late and that totally threw me off. You know how when you ever sleep you just want to continue to sleep / be really lazy all day? Well, the dogs were staring at me with that "I gotta pee" look, so off we went.
I was in a bad mood. I've had a great week staying on plan, and the scale isn't moving. The guy Im interested in isn't biting and I was standing behind a skinny girl in the check out line last night who made me feel huge. Needless to say, I was riding the line between curling up in a ball and crying, and beating up my pillow till it screamed for mercy. SOOO, I figured just once around the block until they did their business. On the walk, I got more and more pissed off. At myself for gaining weight, at the skinny women at the store for being skinny, at Rob for not noticing I was alive, at the dog, for not peeing . . . Lets just say I was not little miss sunshine. So, being POed at the world, I kept going. And Going, and going. 6 miles and 2 hours later, I'm in a fine mood! Rob still hasn't noticed me, and will probably notice the skinny women, but the dog did finally go and the walk managed to take off 1 pound. Soo, all's well that ends well. I decided that my body image really needs to ketch up with my weight loss. I don't have a drop dead georgous body (YET) but I have lost 77 pounds and look WAY better than I did before. When will the confidence catch up? Maybe someday I will have the balls to ask him out instead of being so old fashioned and waiting for him to ask me out. I guess I figure he wouldn't be interested in someone who is overweight. Maybe I just hate my body so much that I assume he wouldn't be interested?

Anyway, I walked 6 miles and got into a much better mood. Thats my NSV. Hoping that asking Rob out will be my next NSV. Have a great month!
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 12:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

WTG Shelly and Shelley that is great.
Shelia. I'm probably going to be with you on this when I get closer to goal. That is great that a stranger didn't see you as overweight. I'm guess that had you weighed more, he probably wouldn't have made those comments.

As for me I tried on a pair of mom's size 20 stretch jeans and they fit without having to lie on the bed. I went to wal-mart and could fit into the 22s. That's what I'm asking for Christmas is some jeans that fit since my 26s are about to fall down to my ankles
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 02:44 PM   #5  
PamPSM644

Here's a good one. I can sit comfortably with my legs crossed.I mean "leg hanging down over the other crossed",not "proped up on my knee crossed". This is so cool. It's been a very long time.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 03:37 PM   #6  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Here is a kind of one I guess ~ I am trying to find any little encouraging thing I can. I had to have an MRI of my knee (hurt it and unfortunatly have not been able to do my walking ~ but that is another story). Anyway, I was able to fit inside that MRI thing. I have heard tell about some people who are not able to fit inside them, so I was feeling happy about that.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 07:33 PM   #7  

Bringing this back up in case anyone has any--hopefully!
Old 12-16-2004, 09:06 AM   #8  
Want to feel better

I had another sort of one the other day ~ in a moment of weakness, I bought a couple off plan things to indulge in. They didn't end up tasting as good as I had imagined they would ~ I didn't finish the stuff (not wanting to waste stuff) as I usually did ~ ate some of it and threw the rest away. That was kind of major for me.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Here's mine I was working out all the kinks after my WATP and when I leaned over and felt my calf. It was hard!!! I looked and there it was a muscle! I could make out the whole shape I was very pleased! I asked a couple family members to poke it and if they could see it. They said yes they could see it but declined on the poke. lol
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 11:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Gayle that is awesome. That is a biggie for me to fight as well. Years and years of that clean your plate mentality takes a while to break

Mez--that is great. at the poke.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 12:45 PM   #11  

The other day at the bank, I got a new teller and when I handed her my driver's license she literally screamed, "Oh my God! How much weight have you lost?" right there in front of everyone. I seriously need to get my license redone! I told her the amount and she stared at me in disbelief and actually said, "You're so tiny, I never would have thought that you had a weight problem." I had to laugh, I mean, I've been overweight my entire life! I've never NOT had a weight problem. So, even though I was completely embarrassed by her outburst, I gotta say, I walked out of there with a big 'ol cheesy grin on my face!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 01:01 PM   #12  
PamPSM644

I am getting a bunch of new clothes for x-mas. Sence I don't remember when I'm excited about buying some attractive clothes. I used to just hope I could find something comfortable but now I can look for fun and cute too. There are so many more choises in smaller sizes.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 03:14 PM   #13  
Want to feel better

Those are cool Pam, Bev and Mez!!! Way to go.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:41 PM   #14  

, Mez! That first glimpse of muscle is pretty exciting. I made my Weight Watchers leader feel my arms a couple of weeks ago--didn't give her any choice!

Gayle, throwing food away IS a major NSV! And not something that everyone can do. I struggle with that at restaurants all the time.

That's too funny, Beverly! Embarrassing, yet thrilling, too. Definitely worth a big, cheesy grin.

Have fun shopping, Pam--you deserve it!
Old 12-17-2004, 09:21 AM   #15  

Default Money Money

Since i start dieting 3 weeks ago, i've never had that much money in my pocket. I guess putting restaurants aside and having Meal replacement shakes saves a lot of money...

Basically , a 12 pack of MR, costs 18$ and last 6 days. The only food i have to buy, is for supper and plenty of fruits and vegetables to get me going through the day.

Blog: http://blogue_a_sylvain.monblogue.com/
frenchiepolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote