South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 11:03 PM   #1  

Red face Need to pay more attention...

Oye, I can't believe what I did....
All week long I follow Phase one and then on the weekends add wheats things and fruit...well this weekend I bought Polar Black Cherry Soda (and actually believed hat it was flavored seltzer). I've been a little absent-minded lately and have had a few cans...then thought "gee I wonder how it's so sweet" ...well, 49 GRAMS OF SUGAR, EEEEKKKKK!!!!!!!! No wonder I've maintained my weight loss and haven't lost an ounce...oh my, what a goon! LOL
Old 12-14-2004, 11:26 PM   #2  

Yep... The SBD has really shown me that reading labels is important.

Don't beat yourself up over it.. just keep on going with the healthy eating and chalk it up to a lesson learned.

Take Care,
Marianna
Old 12-15-2004, 06:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Ooh, that's gotta hurt. It's so bad how much sugar food manufacturers are putting into products now. And it's everything. I bought some canned beans and didn't read the label and found they had added sugar. I couldn't believe it. And at one of my grocery stores, they put the flavored waters right next to the clear sodas so if you aren't careful, it's easy to grab the ones with all the sugar.

Congrats on maintaining your weight. That's a plus also.
Sarah
Old 12-15-2004, 11:54 AM   #4  
Conquering with SBD

That is one major thing that I have changed with this WOE...I am much more conscious of the hidden sugar in foods. When I am trying a new brand of something, I always check the labels for ingredients before purchasing. I just don't buy anything that contains additional sugar...unless, of course, I intend to satisfy that sweet tooth of mine.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:08 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Oy! So sorry! I know what you mean though...sugar is hidden in so many things! (the beans really upset me too, Barb!)
Old 12-15-2004, 02:18 PM   #6  
A Lily from my yard!

I wish everything had a label SBD friendly or not SBD friendly! I know I don't ask for much! Maybe he will get with more people besides Kraft to start labeling their SBD friendly products. Hey a girl can dream can't she!
Closed Thread