South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 02:55 PM   #1  

Default I need major help!

I REALLY want to lose weight but I keep on screwing up! I'm rededicating myself starting THIS INSTANT. I'm never going to be happy with myself if I don't lose this weight. I'm going to do phase 1, and I should be done with phase 1 by Christmas Eve..losing some weight would definitely be the best Christmas present I could give myself....I'm going to come here when I feel like quitting.
Old 12-11-2004, 04:01 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

MOst people who succeed on this plan check in daily even if it's just a quick Hi on the Daily Chat Thread. It seems to keep them on track.
Give yourself that Christmas Gift!
Old 12-11-2004, 04:06 PM   #3  

You deserve this...You being happy with yourself is the best present anyone could ever give you. And unlike most gifts you will get at christmas...This one will last a lifetime! Good luck with your goals, and check back with us, we all try our best to keep others motivated!
GOOD LUCK!

Started SBD- 11/29/04
Phase 1 Ends- 12/13/04
Old 12-11-2004, 07:14 PM   #4  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Good luck in your quest. You must try and fail to see what will really work for you. It is how I discovered that I have a very serious sugar problem. It works just like drugs for me. Not only is it regular sugar but it is also anything that tastes sweet, can possible trigger the feelings. Now I try to avoid most of the foods that can trigger that attack. It took many failings to get to this point. Like they say with ciggarettes - don't quit quitting, which translates into don't quit trying to lose weight. When I started SBD - I honestly felt that I was physically incapable of losing weight. I've been trying for 7 years. What works for me is that I only eat whole foods. Meat, salads, veggies, nuts etc. I don't eat very much prepackaged stuff, no bread, no pasta, no matter what. But it took many failures to realize where I need to be and where I wanted to go. I really watch my portions because I can really eat a lot if I'm not careful. I have to recheck myself on portions daily.

Now I'm actually doing it and I got to wear a size 16 last night to a dinner party for my work and every came up to me and said I looked great. At my highest point I was wearing a size 24.

Create little goals for yourself. My first goal was to lose more on SBD induction than I did on Atkins induction - I made it. Then I want to be below 200 because I haven't been there in over 10 years. Next is under 190 because that is what I weighed when I got married - the first time. Next is 180 because that is when my face really changes with weight loss. Then below 170 because that is where my doctor tells me that I need to be to avoid complications of heart disease and diabetes. Then below 150 because I haven't been there for 25 years and finally my goal of 130.

You can do this. You deserve it and I know deep inside how much you want to do this. Take every meal - one meal at a time. Every snack - one meal at a time. Etc.

Good luck!
Old 12-13-2004, 12:24 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Cafe, I think you can do whtever you put your mind to. But I'm worried that you feel losing this weight will make your love yourself. Sure, losing weight (and the strength and dedication it takes) can make you proud of yourself and maybe surprise you with how strong you are, but it doesn't make you love yourself unless you already do. Be aware that who you are is not your weight and vice versa. Losing weight doesn't solve your problems...it just makes them more raw and easier to see. Since losing weight over the holidays can be very hard, perhaps you can do a modified Phase 3 as Ellis suggested earlier, and then start Phase 1 after the holidays? That will give you some time to think about who you are and why you may not "ever be happy with yourself if you don't lose weight". You don't have much to lose, so it's going to take time. Take this time to figure out your plan and set yourself up for success, clearing the house of non SBD foods, filling it with good, tasty SBD food, and mentally getting ready for the long haul.

We're with you!
Old 12-14-2004, 10:37 AM   #6  
Darrell's Girl

Hi there~ i completely agree with the other ladies here, particularly Laurie (and check out HER success! We can all learn from this motivating and encouraging lady! I know I have!)...

I, too, have been struggling for years to lose my weight and I am finally to the point that so many have told me about - that you have to be ready. It takes many times of falling down but you have to get back up...

so WELCOME to the beach! Jump right on in cuz the water is heavenly... we're all here to support each other, and you will find a ton of it!

Cheering you on!
Old 12-14-2004, 12:52 PM   #7  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

You might want to read everyone's response to me in "In a funk" thread. They have some wonderful advice that has been very helpful.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Unfortuanately, losing weight won't make you happy with yourself. That's something I've had to confront before I could even begin to lose my weight. I had to decide that I liked myself as I was even if I didn't lose the weight. Once I was able to be content with who I was where I was, I was able to confront the horrible eating machine that caused me to gain the weight in the first place.

I got my best motivation for changing behaviors from a couple books, Dr. Phil's "The Ultimate Weight Solution" and Jorge Cruise "8 minutes in the morning" Both had great advice for emotional eating problems which was my problem. I would eat to supress my anger and annoyance. Once I allowed myself to feel the feelings or "own my emotions" (sounds like a self help guru slogan ) I've been able to control my emotional eating problems.

The big thing to remember is that you really deserve to be happy and healthy. Good luck.
Sarah
Old 12-14-2004, 01:30 PM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Marine! You are right...this group is so supportive and really helps us get to where we all are!

Sarah, I loved this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahyu
The big thing to remember is that you really deserve to be happy and healthy.
That's exactly it.
Closed Thread